[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain to me what Shakti even did with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: victory.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
victory.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Can someone please explain to me what Shakti even did with the Angels Halo? Because it seemed like she did fuck all and instead got people killed in the process.

Also wow, fuck Katejina. There has not been a character I have hated more since Nina Purpleton. I really, really wish she would have died.
>>
in the end she willed everyone to fuck off, go home, and quit their shit

katejina is forced to roam the earth blind and helpless, that's worse than simple death

she has been made humble, she knows what she did and now has to live with the punishment
>>
>>14266939
I guess that makes sense. God, this show was just a clusterfuck of ups and downs. I can't say I hated it, but it definitely wasn't good.

And that's all well and good that she has to roam the lands blind; but it doesn't give me the satisfaction of watching her burn to a crisp with a beam saber like that one bikini soldier did.
>>
>>14266939
>she has been made humble, she knows what she did and now has to live with the punishment
No, she appears to have lost her memory. I think this was Victory's more touching moments of forgiveness and I liked it.

Victory was my favorite and while I know that it has problems, I still believe it doesn't get enough credit for what it does behind all of the constant deaths.
>>
OP, what did you think of the mecha designs? This is by far the most important question.
>>
>>14267019
Some good, but mostly bad. I am a fan of the weird bug eyes, and the Shokew is an amazing design that was far underused.

And as goofy as the tires are (I like a bit of goof in my UC), they were just too dumb.
>>
>>14267019
Oh woops I guess I kinda left out the Gendums, The V1 is a bit boring, but there is a hint of elegance in its simplistic design. It looks a lot better when it is shaded, like in the ED (Weiners Forever should have been the opening song). I'm not a fan of modular suits, but I can see the practicality. The V1 is just kinda boring though, no strengths, run of the mill suit (its fight in Crossbone Ghost was fucking dumb however). The V2, well....It's not my favorite, but I like it more than say the Zeta or ZZ. The wings of light were extremely underutilized by Uso given how OP they were.
>>
>>14266972
She pretends not to know, but the fact that she cries meant she recognized Shakti's voice and was moved by her forgiveness and generosity despite all the shit that she had done to try and kill them.

That and she's trying to go back to her hometown of Woowig.
>>
>>14267034
Well then I'll have to diagnose you with a case of terminal shit taste, although your appreciation of Shokew shows you aren't too far gone.
>>
>>14267049
I took that as one of those residual instinct kind of things but that's a good point.
>>
>>14267054
The HEXA is a definite improvement. I'm weak in the knees for bunny eared Gundams. The Astraea is one of my favorites.
>>
File: Kagatie's motivations.png (663KB, 1027x382px) Image search: [Google]
Kagatie's motivations.png
663KB, 1027x382px
Also reminder that the main hero is a kid and the ultimate villain an old man for a reason.
>>
>tfw Uso is a killing machine
>>
>>14267077
>Giant space laser penis
>>
>>14267075
Victory is my long backlog. Theres any metions of Zeon in victory?
>>
>>14267151
Not that I recall, but I'm positive they have absolutely no relation to the antagonists.
>>
>>14267151
Little to none, I'm sure. The last major Zeon insurrection was almost 50 years before Victory's time. Zanscare is based out of side 2 and while they do tout spacenoid freedom as one of their goals, they don't really make that big a point of it as they're clearly fighting for other reasons and don't rely much on "freedom" propaganda. At that point the Federation's actual control over space has weakened anyway and the Federation parliament has even been moved to the moon for somewhat better representation of spacenoids.

Zanscare actually have vague ties to the Jupiter Empire which conspires against Earth quite often in late UC stories. After the last vestiges of Zeon go away, the Jupiter Empire becomes the main threat to the Earth as a faraway small nation with great influence, decent wealth, and lots of pride and crazy people but generally secretly butthurt about the Earth having plenty of natural resources and not giving the Jupiter Empire the respect it deserves or something. Those living in the Jupiter region have to carefully ration the most basic of life's essentials to survive.
>>
>There are no doujins where blind and crippled Katejina is found by angry men who want her to pay for what she's done
>>
>>14267217
>there are no doujinshi where blind and crippled Katejina is found by a Woowig survivor and takes her in, helps her back on her feet, teaches her how to do more things while blind, and lets her forgive herself, at which point she falls in love for the first real time in her life, so after she makes the decision to get married before having sex, she undresses on her wedding night and reaches for him, only to feel a stick of butter
>>
>>14267232
Damn it anon stop giving me feels.
>>14267205
I find it funny zanscare is similar to the political compass of Gertrude stein. She was a femanazi preaching the end of war by nazi take over and something about motherly love or some shit.
>>
>>14267217
>>14267232

Katejina lost her memory though, so any significance of that would be lost on her. She would just be terrified and confused.
>>
>>14267205
Challia Bull's sacrifice must not go unavenged
>>
Why don't people like Victory again? It's really solid.
>>
>>14267384

Chronicle is the worst Char. And in fact just an awful character. People try to defend it by saying Chronicle is supposed to be lame, that Char is supposed to be pathetic, but Chronicle is beyond pathetic, truly.

The show is also really weird, on purpose, for a good while and this fucks with its narrative a bit. Not surprising because it was made at the height of Tomino's jadedness and misanthropy, but still.

I liked it, but I can see why it's ignored.
>>
>>14267232
>only to feel a stick of butter
what
>>
>>14267623

I kind of like Chronicle, and he reminds me more of Garma than Char, because he's a pretty decent person who's really caught up in something much bigger than him and in over his head because of a family relationship. He seems like someone who'd have either joined the League Militaire or just not fought at all if not for being family involved.
>>
>>14267643
It's an old copypasta, but it checks out.
>>
>>14267623
Slow with terribly used characters. I can't forgive Victory for how it treated its characters. The show just goes through the motions most of the time too. Really weird. Amazing mechs, amazing music. Horribly handled characters.
>>
>>14267705
Good: Uso, Marbet, most of the kids excluding Shakti
Bad: Villains, Shrike Team, everyone else
>>
>>14267384
I loved it personally.
>>
Victory had really great fight choreography. Watching how Uso was able to take advantage of the Victory Gundam's modular construction to outwit his enemies was very creative. And the Victory Gundam is a sexy beast. Not so much a fan of the V2 Gundam personally.

With that said, most of the rest of Victory is utter shit. Motorcycle battleships being used to flatten entire towns? Mobile suits riding giant monowheels? Beam saber rotors? The use of a guillotine in a futuristic era? Everything about Shakti, Katejina, and Chronicle and how the story ended with the Halo?

Not the mention the artwork is flat as shit.
>>
>>14267974
>Hating on beam rotors
>>
>>14267722
>not liking the Shrike Team
f*ck off
>>
>>14267974
But all that shit is cool and (barring bikes) all evolves naturally from F91. Guillotine is a timeless method of intimidation by execution without getting too brutal.

>>14268768
I liked them but they weren't much as characters. They're stock for Tomini to slaughter. You have to combine the Shrike Team into one entity to talk about them because they're nothing individually. Yeah, they drove home the "fuck you, war is SHIT" point but only as a group. Maybe bad wasn't the right word but I wouldn't say they were good. But again, that's only from muh literature standpoint rather than how much I liked them. Which is a lot.
>>
>>14268816
In fairness, they were only in to begin with due to being the usual male viewer-attracting fanservice providers.
>>
>>14266930
>Also wow, fuck Katejina. There has not been a character I have hated more since Nina Purpleton. I really, really wish she would have died.

She got fucked worse, anon. She went blind and amnesiac because she literally couldn't comprehend the concept of people protecting what they care about even beyond death.
>>
>>14267075
>Also reminder that the main hero is a kid and the ultimate villain an old man for a reason.

Kagatie wasn't the ultimate villain, he's just the show's representative Jupiter shithead. Most things in UC are Jupiter's fault, except when they're Anaheim's fault.

But in the end Kagatie is just one Zanscare aligned plotter in a whole pile of them. Tassilo and Fuala, Pippiniden and Lupe Cineau, Chronicle and Katejina are the other endgame ones, although Pippiniden gets jack and shit.

Zanscare is a huge clusterfuck of the aristocracy plotting to do stupid shit, which all disintegrates in the end. The only one who didn't do any plotting was Duker Iq, because Odelo killed him dead.
>>
>>14267722
>most of the kids excluding Shakti
You're gonna have to explain that one to me, Anon. I'm not a fan of Shakti, but I don't see how the Kranskies or, hell, anyone outside of Warren are any better. Half of them are useless and the other half have some weird hangup that comes out of nowhere.
>>
>>14269109
I feel as though the show would have benefited immensely with a smaller core kids cast

Uso, Shakti, Karl, Odelo, Tomache, and Elischa is already plenty

Also the Shrikes should really have been just Junko, Frannie, and Connie + faceless grunts, killing off half of them within an arc kind of cheapens Oliver's already pointless sacrifice in retrospect
>>
>>14269118

Wait, I mean Peggy.

Frannie's the virtually no name one who gets absolutely wrecked by Katejina during Angel Halo.
>>
File: swuWKOy.png (507KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
swuWKOy.png
507KB, 704x528px
>>14269118
>>14269128
I kind of agree with you about the benefits of a smaller cast of kids, but having the Kassarelia kids meet up with the other group was probably the best contrast between regular Earth citizens and regular Colony citizens in all of UC. I would have been happy with both groups meeting and then splitting up after the White Arc was brought in, though. And something about Elischa's spiel about the pollution of Earth just gets under my skin - probably because she and the rest of the White Ark crew go around taking wild shots all over the place right after it, and for the rest of their stay on Earth.

I also agree with you about the Shrikes losing their shock value, but I guess the people calling the shots thought prolonged /ss/ teasing would bring in the big bucks.
>>
>>14267331
challia bull deserved better than to job to amuro
>>
>>14269128
They're so insignificant outside of Junko and Connie(only because she survived so long) that getting their names right is hard.

>>14268836
They literally starting dying the episode after they were introduced.
>>
Remember that time Oscar, expecting father, crashed his shiny new V2 into the WHEEL OF A SPACESHIP to stop it from getting to earth?
>>
File: E7Mattheiu.png (200KB, 639x481px) Image search: [Google]
E7Mattheiu.png
200KB, 639x481px
>>14270321
>Oscar
>>
>>14267331
I like to imagine that, in the capital colonies of the Jupiter Sphere, there are beautiful statues of Challia Bull and Paptimus Scirocco.

>>14269096
>The only one who didn't do any plotting was Duker Iq, because Odelo killed him dead.
And we all know he would've come out on top if he'd been there. Episode 51: Duker's Counterattack!!

Uh, but I do think it's fair to say Kagatie is the "main" villain. The Gihren of Zanscare. Everyone else is a Kycillia or a Degwin.

>>14267673
Calling Chronicle a Garma isn't giving him enough credit, I think. He's not just decent in a goodhearted, but bumbling way. He's got a certain gravitas, he was cool even if he didn't win many battles. He really impressed me when he invaded the base holding the Victory units near Woowig. Also, he's not just fighting for his sister, he believes in her ideals. Of course you can argue he's just changing his thoughts out of familial bias, but you can argue that for anyone who isn't betraying their family.
>>
>>14270321
He knew how bad his future life with marbet was gonna be.
>>
>>14270321
Probably would have been more effective if he had just detonated the reactor instead. Victory-era mobile suit reactors were no joke.
>>
>>14270477
Literally anything would've been more effective, as the damage was repaired in the next scene.
>>
>>14267705
>Horribly handled characters.
I honestly really like the main cast of Victory. Especially Odelo and Marbet. There were some great minor characters too like the biker guy.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.