[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would a mobile suit pilot bother to wear a pilot suit when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Gundam0079-09.png (446KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam0079-09.png
446KB, 640x480px
Why would a mobile suit pilot bother to wear a pilot suit when operating on Earth?
>>
>>14239628
Protects your body from some of the rigors of piloting, rather like actual pilot suits do.
>>
>>14239628
filter smoke out
suit offers insulation and or protection
regulation
communication and data stuff in helmet
its their fetish
>>
>>14239628
Why would a racecar driver bother to wear a flame retardent suit and helmet on Earth?
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (10KB, 193x262px) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
10KB, 193x262px
>>14239628

It's a longshot but probably the same reason why IRL jet pilots wear G-suits and wear helmets with O2 masks.
>>
File: 0083.CD.Interior.KouTrain.gif (115KB, 474x470px) Image search: [Google]
0083.CD.Interior.KouTrain.gif
115KB, 474x470px
>>14239628
At least some of the 0083 pilots in the early episodes, as well as some of the pilots at Dakar in Unicorn (if my memory serves) were in more reasonable piloting gear.

...and then you have 08th MS team, where they basically just wear their normal uniforms when engaging in jungle-MS combat, except early on, when Mr. Noob decides to wear a full space pilot suit on his first mission.
>>
File: 0083attack.gif (2MB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
0083attack.gif
2MB, 500x337px
>>14239691
>>
>>14239691
>Mr. Noob decides to wear a full space pilot suit on his first mission.

All the pilots in the original series wore the same suits on Earth
>>
>>14239730
They also operated prototypes designed to work in space. That probably helped keep the heat out for the hour or so they were in Jaburo.
>>
>>14239628
To contain the shit and piss you'll release when you are shot down.
>>
>>14239730
They weren't in the jungles of Southeast Asia.
>>
Why are they called normal suits?
>>
>>14242195
They're normal space suits.
I believe a part of this may also have been about how Mobile Suit Gundam's MS were originally intended to be actual, worn-on-body suits? Don't quote me on that.
>>
>>14242195
Because inside the suit is a "normal" environment instead of horrible vacuum.
>>
>>14242195
Weren't normal suits the really puffy ones?
>>
>>14239691
>...and then you have 08th MS team, where they basically just wear their normal uniforms when engaging in jungle-MS combat, except early on, when Mr. Noob decides to wear a full space pilot suit on his first mission.
That was understandable though, Shiro soon found out why no-one else was wearing normal suits when piloting. Because it was hot as all fuck since they were fighting in a jungle climate and completely sweating his balls off.

Mobile Suits come with great sensors and big guns, but you don't get any faggy air conditioning or heated seats.

Anywhere else it makes sense to wear a normal suit, even on earth.
Why do you wear a helmet and leather when riding a motorcycle? Protection
Yeah you're strapped into the cockpit of the MS, but you're still going to be shook the fuck around with the speed and forces that occur in combat.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.