[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got the BD yesterday and watched through the first few episodes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

File: gundamzz1.jpg (126KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
gundamzz1.jpg
126KB, 474x600px
Got the BD yesterday and watched through the first few episodes, and why the hate? Stuff is happening each episode rather than the pure filler people made it out to be. And what's wrong with spending a bunch of episodes on a colony as opposed to on the earth? It's nice to see colonies as something other than setpieces to be exploded/gassed. Also Leina a cute. CUTE!
>>
I get the sense people wanted it to be something it wasn't
>>
>>14236977
how is the video quality?
>>
File: 1391109974769.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1391109974769.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
>>14236977
>Also Leina a cute. CUTE!
go to bed Glemy.
>>
>>14236977
moon moon is absolutely pure filler, nothing happens on it. Just goofy shenanigans, returning characters get the shaft big time, unfunny humor constantly in your face, unreasonably dickish twerp squad as the MCs, gets a lot better later. If you're already enjoying it now I don't know if that's good or bad because it won't be the way it is now at all by the halfway mark
>>
>>14236977
Whether or not you like ZZ often seems to boil down to either your expectations of it or how closely you watched it after Zeta.

Personally I too feel that it isn't bad at all. I enjoyed both it and Zeta.
>>
>>14236977
Most of the hate from ZZ stems from most people not watching past the first few episodes and falling for the ancient "ZZ is so bad" shitposts that have been on 4chan forever.
>>
>>14236977
I fucking love this show. Not the best Gundam by a long shot, but the colony drop arc had me on the edge of my seat like no other show has.
>>
>>14237407
I watched both of them back to back and I loved ZZ. People don't seem to understand that there's a change in the overall mood because the big fight with the Titans was over.
>>
>>14237412
Dublin is one of the best arcs in UC Gundam.

Also I assume these BDs use Ple for the subs? Shit drives me batty just because you so clearly hear the characters say Puru all the time.

>>14237421
Back when /m/ first branched out of /a/ there were incredibly vocal ZZ shitposters that kept perpetuating the whole "ZZ is shit" thing. A lot of people just came to believe it because they hadn't seen ZZ for themselves yet.
>>
It had some bright spots, but overall it wasn't great. I'll probably buy the BDs regardless.
>>
>>14237427
How many times does this need to be explained.

The name is "Ple", and is supposed to be the pronunciation for the suffix "-ple" in the word "people."

The only reason you here "puru" is because there is no "L" sound in Japanese.

It's the same reason "Char" is spelled with "ch" even though what you are hearing is "Shya-" it's clearly meant to be said a certain way, but Japanese is missing certain sounds.
>>
File: zz-fashionvictim[1].jpg (20KB, 295x200px) Image search: [Google]
zz-fashionvictim[1].jpg
20KB, 295x200px
>>14237390

Being perfectly honest, I can't really see why people so commonly regard the 2nd half as a large improvement over the 1st. Yes, it does bring itself back closer to the tone of 0079 & Zeta, but the plot development is just so underwhelming to me. It's so obvious the show was re-written on the fly the instant they start their trek through the desert and that took me out of it even moreso than Moon-Moon. (Although in my defense, the warnings for how bad that part is did dampen the shock of how bad it is,)

All in all, I think it's just a wholly mediocre show, start to finish.
>>
Which blu rays should I get /m/?

Zeta
ZZ
>>
>>14237427
It's Ple pronounced as Puru.
>>
>>14237451
Just 0079
>>
>>14237449
I was expecting Moon-Moon to be some horrible offensive trash, instead it was a meh two episodes. Biggest gripe I have with ZZ at the moment is that Beecha and Mondo are shits.
>>
>>14237451
079 and Zeta.
>>
ZZ is shit for something like 20 episodes gets alright once they're on earth for maybe 10 then goes back to being shit then it gets alright again when they get back into space, then the ending sucks.

It's alright, cast is unlikable, but it's not the worst thing in the world.
>>
File: tmp_2927-b6ffD5Dh449231041.jpg (251KB, 956x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2927-b6ffD5Dh449231041.jpg
251KB, 956x1024px
So I remember the Gundam overview picture has ZZ in a negative light because it's not Zeta. Since were all in agreement that all the talk about that is shitposting, should we update ZZ's entry? I think all it needs is for the cons that imply you shouldn't like it if you liked Zeta to be taken out.

Thoughts?
>>
>>14237449
oh yeah it's not great by any stretch, just becomes like, bearable
>>
>>14237548
>A New Translation
>Not Canon
Now this meme has gone to far.
>>
>>14237559
it isnt though
>>
>>14237562
If it really isn't, why hasn't a movie trilogy of ZZ been made yet?
>>
>>14237449
I agree completely. Actually, I would even say I "liked" the first half more, because when it tries to get serious in the second half, it fails so completely and miserably that it goes from bad to flat out frustrating.
>>
Oh yeah did I miss anything by skipping the "first" episode? I watched for a few minutes and saw that it seemed to just be a recap episode so I went and passed on to the next.

>>14237344
Not some a/v nerd so I'm not qualified to say, but it looks cleaner/brighter than the Zeta dvds, which I'd just finished watching a couple hours before starting ZZ. The subtitles being yellow and a larger font than Zeta's caught me offguard. Did the MSG & Zeta BDs also switch to this font/color scheme?

>>14237390
Well at least early on (I haven't a Moon Moon yet) the goofy and humorous stuff seems well balanced with the more serious things. I mean the pretense for Gemon threatening the school was silly, his threats were serious, and the kids retalitation was practical. It honestly reminded me of some Turn A stuff. A bunch of unarmed kids attacking a warship or baddies is ridiculous and their actions may seem funny, but I feel its more like ingenuity. I hope after they become proper crew they'll keep up with the unique very non-soldier like "tactics".

>>14237427
>Also I assume these BDs use Ple for the subs?
I skimmed the back of the box episode titles and I did see a "Ple" in there.
>>
>>14237571
The ingenuous battle tactics keep up and it's one of the reasons I really like ZZ. Not really in a "non-soldier like" sort of way perhaps, but just some very creative ways to fight.
>>
>>14237564
Daily reminder that Unicorn references ZZ
>>
File: 1347477474043.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1347477474043.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>14237621
implying unicorn is anything other than fan fiction
>>
>>14237564
because nobody likes it
>>
>>14237571
It's a few eps after that that really broke me and made me drop the show for like a month and a half before trying again. They introduce this completely useless character that keeps showing up during the episode to do nothing. Just taking up a bunch of screentime just for a shitty predictable out of place gag at the end of the episode and he's never heard from again. It was so unbelievable I couldn't take it
>>
>>14237548
>ZZ's tone shift not a negative
I liked both but it was a poor way to make a direct continuation from Zeta. >>14237637 is a shitposter but not all ZZ hate is shitposting. It's the black sheep of early UC for a reason.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-08-01-16h04m10s238.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-08-01-16h04m10s238.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14237733
>that factual statement triggers me
>whatever... it's just a shitpost...
>>
File: +(You) this post.png (3KB, 450x95px) Image search: [Google]
+(You) this post.png
3KB, 450x95px
>>14237747
Alright this is your last one for today. Run along now.
>>
File: fanfic.png (7KB, 568x221px) Image search: [Google]
fanfic.png
7KB, 568x221px
>>14237754
Gundam Unicorn is a piece of fiction based on an existing franchise written by a fan. Care to provide a counter argument or do you lack the mental capacity to do anything other than meme argue?
>>
>>14236977
You can tell something is bad when people fail to express what makes it good.
>>14237427
>shitposters
And then we got invaded by contrarians and Zeta detractors claiming it was great and then when people actually fucking watched it they realize it wasn't.
>>14237449
>>14237569
It wasn't good as a comedy either so I fail to see what you're getting at.
>>
>>14237779
Because as comedy it wasn't asking to be taken seriously and can be shrugged off, but when it tried to act as serious as 0079/Zeta it becomes pathetic and unsightly. To me at least.
>>
>>14237779
Use your trip Black Knight
>>
>>14237762
Here's one for you then: You literally contradicted yourself with that image. Sunrise made Unicorn, not a fan. Not fanfic. Alternate retelling of UC.
>>
>>14237831
Why are you responding to yourself
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (49KB, 1540x211px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
49KB, 1540x211px
>>14237838
Nice try
>>
>>14237845
could say the same to you because Unicorn isn't an alternate retelling, stupid
>>
>>14237831
Sunrise did not make Gundam Unicorn. A man named Harutoshi Fukui did, and it was not even published by Sunrise. I would say nice try, but that was a fucking terrible try. Can't expect much more because you are trying to argue that the sky isn't blue, but if you're going to be that pitiful about it you should probably just not reply or admit I'm right.
>>
>>14237853
But my point was that it wasn't fanfiction because it wasn't written by a fan.

I know you're trolling but I'm just bored with nothing better to do
>>
>>14237856
Uh anon I think the other anon is talking bout the OVAs
>>
>>14237858
Then he is an idiot, and if you think an adaptation of fan fiction makes it canon then you are too.

Sunrise is completely irrelevant anyway, if it was not written by the original creator, it is fan fiction. Period.
>>
>>14237857
same here but also very tired,

>>14237862
Why do you watch Gundam then? 99% of what we discuss on this board isn't even content straight from Tomino's work alone, it's gleaned from side stories and other materials. Your life is just fan fiction because you weren't created by the original creator so why do you even consider yyourself canon? Fuck outta here.
>>
>>14237862
>and if you think an adaptation of fan fiction makes it canon then you are too.
Woah woah woah whats with the hostility I didn't imply that with my previous post at all but anyways

>if it was not written by the original creator, it is fan fiction
Just really quickly going off that logic that would mean that only
>0079
>Zeta (and Zeta ANT)
>ZZ
>CCA
>F91
>Victory
>Turn A
>G-Reco
are the only real gundam series.

which doesn't bother me one bit because I like F91
>>
>>14237862
>École du Ciel
>Fanfic
Well I guess this proves that Fanfic isn't all bad then.
>>
>>14237868
>>14237873
Non-UC doesn't fall under the realm of fan fiction as it's not acknowledging UC and is openly saying it is something completely different just using the Gundam name for recognition. AU isn't trying to continue the original story/characters or develop UC plot.
>>
>>14237427
>Shit drives me batty just because you so clearly hear the characters say Puru all the time
Characters say "Mashima" all the time when it's written "Mashymre". What can I say, ZZ just has some weird names.

>>14237449
>It's so obvious the show was re-written on the fly the instant they start their trek through the desert
To me that's the point when it started getting decent. Up to around the end of Moon-Moon it felt like the plot was stalling for time due to CCA's status being an unknown. It's a pity because Tomino's initial draft for ZZ sounded really interesting what with Judau's motorbike gang, Char returning to fuck everyone over etc.
>>
>>14237883
I'm not going to discuss this with a non-canon human being.

>>14237885
I'm 99% sure that Mashymre is Tomino-spelling for Mearsheimer in the first place.
>>
>>14237894
Put yourself in the situation. Let's say you write an amazing story that goes on to be a massive hit and people want to capitalize on it. Not likely as your ability to debate or converse is lacking, to say the least, but hypothetically assume this happened. Over the years people get published writing stuff about the story and characters you created, advancing the plot on their own with zero input from you. They have complete creative control. In an interview, you are asked if the random stuff they came up with should be considered canon for the overall story. You say yes?
>>
>>14237906
>you are asked if the random stuff they came up with should be considered canon for the overall story. You say yes?
I say no. I'll go balls to the wall Harmony Gold style.

>Not likely as your ability to debate or converse is lacking, to say the least, but hypothetically assume this happened.
Put your trip back on Black Knight.
>>
>>14237906
Quick unrelated question, what is your favorite, if applicable, Gundam series? If not applicable, favorite /m/ series?
>>
>>14237912
>I say no
Well, then I quite fail to see why you are against my point.

And I assure you that I am not Black Knight. dorkly is the only tripfag on here whom I don't want to die an agonizing death in a pit of fire and oil. No idea what I'm saying that makes you think I am him.
>>
>>14237918
The original.
>>
captcha sure is being a piece of shit right now

>>14237906
I say I don't own the fucking property anymore and the story has evolved beyond me, therefore I don't decide what is canon and what isn't.

>>14237919
He's not me but I agree with your sentiment, outside of actual contributors like RX and Nozaku, or even ANT and richigo as long as they're just posting builds.
>>
>>14237930
>therefore I don't decide what is canon and what isn't.
and thus we get the tomino effect with the current clusterfuck of canon we currently have.
>>
>>14237936
I don't know why you're trying to invent your own rigid canon anyway. ANT has mobile suit cameos from a bunch of 'non-canon' works so Tomino is clearly fine with not being in total control.
>>
>>14237930
Yeah, I suppose I would have to rescind and say contributors using tripcode is fine, if not necessary.. Especially sub/encoding people. But other than that /m/ has fucking terrible regular poster tripfags.
>>
>>14237944
>I don't know why you're trying to invent your own rigid canon anyway.
Who said I was? The way you're confusing anons makes me think you really are Black_Knight.
>>
>>14237947
Shut up idiot do you really want to summon him to this thread
>>
>>14237944
As he said that wasn't me, but by definition and basic logic it's barely even an argument. A creator makes something, other people creating fiction about that is non-canon fan fiction. Thinking otherwise would be creating your own canon.
>>
>>14237947
It's 1:30AM and I didn't sleep last night. And he would never argue that there is not a rigid canon, which has recently changed to "film version" thanks to him using google translate on the old interview of "which MS designs are canon". Pretty funny stuff.

>>14237952
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)
tell me in there where it says the original creator has to be the one to make something canon
>>
>>14237955
>Fan fiction is almost never regarded as canonical
>>
>>14237963
>I get to decide what's fan fiction and what's not, therefore the definition works to my favor
baka
>>
>>14237968
No person decides what is fan fiction. It is a simple matter of looking at who wrote whatever is in question. If it wasn't the original creator, then it's fan fiction. Not to meme, but it is something that is an objective truth, and arguing against it is no different than saying 2+2 does not equal 4 because you don't want it to for whatever reason. You can argue until you're blue in the face, but 2+2 will never not be 4.

You are free to enjoy it and pretend it's canon, but forcing it on others is absurdity.
>>
>>14237977
>If it wasn't the original creator, then it's fan fiction
Do you have any facts besides your own word to back this up? If it's such an objective truth there must be hundreds, if not thousands of sources that say as much. In fact you have something right here that I already posted. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_(fiction)
Go ahead
>>
>>14237979
Scroll up, or alternatively:
>>14237762

The term is so precise and self explanatory though that it's astonishing someone would not understand what it means.

The wikipedia fan fiction page, if you are going to cling to wikipedia:
>Fan fiction or fanfiction (also abbreviated to fan fic, fanfic, or fic) is fiction about characters or settings from an original work of fiction, created by fans of that work rather than by its creator
>created by fans of that work rather than by its creator
>rather than by its creator
>>
>Fanon is a common feature in large franchises and fictional universes where there are many canon and non-canon works, as in the Star Trek universe.

Jesus christ accept it and move on people, we don't need another Black_Knight-tier clusterfuck of canonicity, especially after that whole ANT debate.
>>
>>14237986
Fanfiction and canon are not exclusive. They often are but in this case they aren't. We're talking about canon, not fan fiction. I don't see why you care so much anyway. Also >>14237989
>>
>>14237991
>Fanfiction and canon are not exclusive

By definition, yes they are, and you're 100% objectively wrong. It is the most basic of logic and you are either legitimately retarded or must have some raging boner for non-Tomino UC. I don't see why you care so much anyway though.
>>
>>14237995
If the creators/owners of the property come in and acknowledge the fan fiction as canon then it becomes canon. I only care because if nobody argues against it then retards mindlessly accept the oft-repeated opinions in threads instead of thinking for themselves, creating a meme that never goes away.
>>
>>14237779
> Best mech designs in the UC
> Best characters in the UC
> Good earth arc
>>
If they hadn't fucked up production so badly, it would be the best Gundam series.
>>
>>14238037
>Hathaway
>Good character
>>
>>14238042
disregard am idiot
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>14238045
>>
>>14237883
These people are sad. Can you take the semantics to another thread, I'm trying to read about ZZ Gundam here.
>>
>>14238037
Yes Victory has all of those but what does that have to do with ZZ?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.