[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know something I'd like to see? A show where the MC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: tQ0lw.jpg (219KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tQ0lw.jpg
219KB, 1920x1200px
You know something I'd like to see?

A show where the MC is a skilled, trained pilot. Who goes up against an enemy in a superior mecha. And while all his friends and comrades get effortlessly slaughtered, through skill and crafty maneuvering, he manages to just survive. But that's all. He never shoots down or even majorly damages the antagonist. All he can do is survive each encounter.

And every so often he gets newer and better designed giant robots, but even then he can't get the upper hand on the antagonist and he's just hemorrhaging allies cause the antagonist is just that OP. Nothing can stand up to him, he's callous in the method and ease of which he kills the MC's friends and allies. He even kills people who try to flee from battle. Not even the MC's love interest is spared.

I'm guessing what I'm saying is, I'd like to see something like Mobile Suit Gundam but from Char's point of view. I'm not seeing I want to see Mobile Suit Gundam but from Char's point of view, I'm saying I'd like to see something LIKE it. As that's the closest thing I can think of that matches what I'm desiring.

Heavy Object doesn't really match up either.

But I know such a thing will never happen.
>>
>>14233096

You just described Gilligan's Island as a mecha show, essentially tune in to watch the MC and pals dick around for about 18 minutes then completely fail to achieve the main task of getting off the island.

FUCK.

THAT.

SHIT.
>>
That is the dumbest idea, and you should feel bad for wanting it.

Oh I guess Yukikaze kinda fits the bill in the sense that the good guys fight to "not lose" against an incomprehensible alien enemy but it doesn't change how utterly retarded your idea pitch sounds.
>>
>>14233120
Yeah but Gilligan's Island didn't have something actively keeping them on the island, nor were they steadily losing more and more of the island.

I suppose, depending on the author, it could make for a good despair simulator.
>>
>>14233133
I'm sorry that your idea of quality entertainment is purely "teenaged MC who's still in high school falls dick first into giant robot's cockpit, instantly becomes better than everyone else in the universe while traveling around the globe with his mostly female band of also teenaged friends."
>>
>>14233166
>t. a stupid fuck
>>
>>14233096
blue gender is kinda like this... until the end where it gets really weird.
>>
>>14233166
I'm sorry that you like to make a lot of baseless assumptions.
>>
>>14233096
>But I know such a thing will never happen.

Because it's fucking stupid, edgy, and boring.

The world doesn't revolve around you.
Nothing is ever going to cater exactly to how you want it to be, down to the autistic details. Especially not anime.
>>
>>14233227
*tips fedora and unsheathes katana*
Hello brother, how fare you today?
>>
>>14233133
>>14233227
Dunno man, it sounds like a pretty japanese thing to me. Like that one manga that's about 80 percent a pattern of "character gets introduced, character tries to sneak across swiss mountain pass, character gets caught and tortured to death by evil as fuck bishie". And the only one who survives every time is the bartender with the big titties.
>>
>>14235527
What in the absolute hell are you talking about?
>>
>>14235530
All I'm saying is it could happen.
>>
>>14235541
No seriously, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>14235527
It's only the first two volumes. Then the peasants revolte and kamikaze into the bishie's castle while said bishie have a knife fight with the son of Guillaume Tell.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (148KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
148KB, 1024x576px
>>14233096

I got you, OP.

>[] MC is skilled pilot
>[] Superior enemy forces
>[] MC gets upgraded hardware
>[] Comrades die

It's everything you asked for.
>>
>>14233096

Just watch Zeta Gundam as if Jerid is the MC.
>>
>>14236000
Aw yeah thats some monkey paw shit thanks bhrudda
>>
>>14235527
Isn't that the backstory to FF7?
>>
Why are you bitching so much?Isn't OP just describing muh gritty realistic mecha anime that /m/ has such a boner for?
>>
>>14233096
Just watch Zeta from Jerid's perspective.

>>14236026
HOLY FUCK YOU BITCH
>>
>>14233096
Code Geass?
>>
Aldnoah Zero but without the defeats.
>>
Replace mecha with combat jet and you end up in the neighborhood of Yukikaze.
>>
>>14233120
Mary Ann was best girl.
>>
File: 1463285529329.png (654KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463285529329.png
654KB, 720x480px
>>14233096
>A show where the MC is a skilled, trained pilot. Who goes up against an enemy in a superior mecha. And while all his friends and comrades get effortlessly slaughtered, through skill and crafty maneuvering, he manages to just survive. But that's all. He never shoots down or even majorly damages the antagonist. All he can do is survive each encounter.
>And every so often he gets newer and better designed giant robots, but even then he can't get the upper hand on the antagonist and he's just hemorrhaging allies cause the antagonist is just that OP. Nothing can stand up to him, he's callous in the method and ease of which he kills the MC's friends and allies. He even kills people who try to flee from battle. Not even the MC's love interest is spared.

pic related
>>
>>14233096
>I'm guessing what I'm saying is, I'd like to see something like Mobile Suit Gundam but from Char's point of view.

But Char lost all the fucking time.
>>
>>14236029
>>14236000
I knew I enjoyed that anime for a reason.
>>
File: 1461724843345.jpg (217KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461724843345.jpg
217KB, 1280x960px
>>14233096
So its just Code Grass from Suzakus POV except he has friends in the military
>>
>>14237260
>Code Grass
That'll teach me to try to shitpost on mobile
>>
>>14237158

Because you have garbage taste, yes.
>>
>>14237264
Download the app "Shitposting 2 electric boogalo" from your app store behind 7 proxies.
A micro psycomu frame dongle can be used to automatically shitpost for 24*7
>>
>>14233096

Didn't Thunderbolt have some elements of this, from Io's perspective? In the last episode, Io actually outright says:

> "WHY CAN'T I KILL THIS CRIPPLE FUCK"
>>
>>14237307
Don't care, still enjoyed it.
>>
>>14237260
>Code Grass
this needs to be one of those dumb weed parody shirts like Chronic The Hemphog
>>
>>14233166
>I'm sorry that your idea of quality entertainment is purely "teenaged MC who's still in high school falls dick first into giant robot's cockpit, instantly becomes better than everyone else in the universe while traveling around the globe with his mostly female band of also teenaged friends."

I'm with Anon here. Really, really sick of this being the standard for mecha shows -- virtually every single one since Evangelion is set up like this.
>>
File: m seal of approval.jpg (122KB, 576x513px) Image search: [Google]
m seal of approval.jpg
122KB, 576x513px
>>14236000
>Aldnoah Zero

Fuck yes. LOVED that show. And is indeed what the OP wants. A shame it's second half wasn't as good as the first. Still good though.

>>14236596
> VOTOMs

Fuck yessssssss. Just... just YES.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.