[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zeta Gundam A new translation is the worst Gundam I've ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: images-136.jpg (29KB, 296x497px) Image search: [Google]
images-136.jpg
29KB, 296x497px
Zeta Gundam A new translation is the worst Gundam I've ever watched. The new animation is jarring and thoughtless, and plots and character arcs are rushed. Like when Emma joins the Argama, she doesn't announce her defection or go on probation, she's just a titan ome day and then AEUG the next.
>>
File: neat.jpg (34KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
34KB, 680x510px
>>14232218
What's your point? Like you just posted this to complain about how the ANT movies don't have much character development? All the Gundam movies have rushed plots and characters (expl: F91) cause they obviously can't fit enough stuff and development in a movie with a near 2-hour runtime.
>>
>>14232251
>Like you just posted this to complain about how the ANT movies don't have much character development

Pretty much.
>>
>>14232251
The Zeta and MS:G movies are also compilation films best watched after seeing the original series in full. They're more of a refresher than a cliff's notes.
>>
>>14232259
This. You watch them to see a best of version of thr series, plus a better rendition of thr series' ending.
>>
>>14232251

To be fair, it's not like fitting a setting and characters within a 90 minute (or 120 minute or whatever) film is impossible. It's certainly difficult and Tomino never really got the hang of it, nor Gundam writer's as a whole, but it's not impossible and if Gundam is going to do films then it really should hire people who can write to it as a format.
>>
Honestly I prefer the ending where Kamille becomes a potato.
>>
>take 1100 minutes of footage
>chop it down to 360 minutes
>the result is shit
Duh? I've never seen any of the Gundam compilation movies and I never will. They're butcher jobs and completely pointless, especially if you've already seen the series they're based on.
>>
>>14232962
Go watch Encounters in Space right now faggot. You're just as cancerous as the TV only fags.
>>
>>14232972
No thanks. Still gonna pass.
>>
File: 15-2.jpg (646KB, 1968x1676px) Image search: [Google]
15-2.jpg
646KB, 1968x1676px
I like the new animation. I agree that it is easy to tell the new animation from the old, but I doubt you could have a seamless blend without reanimating every scene over
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.