[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's another "The pilots have to survive on a deserted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: Hurry up and go!.png (1MB, 1273x715px) Image search: [Google]
Hurry up and go!.png
1MB, 1273x715px
>It's another "The pilots have to survive on a deserted island without their mechs" training mission

Why is this a thing? What does this prove? Wouldn't this time be better spent actually training in the mechs?

Not a dig at M3 specifically, it's in other /m/ shows, M3 is just the most recent example I can think of.
>>
File: 1442550747413.jpg (61KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1442550747413.jpg
61KB, 380x380px
Pet Peeve thread?

>it's MC realize he's been killing people all along episode
>>
>>14230734

What shows even do that? I've not seen M3, but none are coming to mind for me.
>>
>>14230747
I think there were survival-episode in Code Geass and Cross Ange. Neither were training one though, but the aftermath of everyone getting their robots shot the fuck up.
>>
>>14230766
>Not wanting to visit Sunrise island
>>
>>14230734
yeah man

fuck putting characters out of their comfort zone to learn skills and develop team work

i sure hate me some of that there character development!

fucking idiot
>>
File: Tama_gun.jpg (110KB, 1279x743px) Image search: [Google]
Tama_gun.jpg
110KB, 1279x743px
>>14230747

There's an entire arc in Mub Rub

You even get bite on the dick by a snake and have the Tama-chan suck the poison out.

I wish I was joking.
>>
>>14230747
Not robots, but Mai-Otome had a training episode where the Corals had to hike for a long distance without using their magic nanomachine dresses.
>>
File: 1420052784481.jpg (598KB, 3040x2142px) Image search: [Google]
1420052784481.jpg
598KB, 3040x2142px
>>14230780

If I wanted to watch an anime for the characters, I'd go watch something WITHOUT giant robots.

But when I want to watch an anime with giant robots, I damn well better get giant robots every fucking episode
>>
Muv Luv Alternative did it well.
>>
>>14230829
>>14230734
When you have a military setting in a mecha anime, you can and should expect a survival episode because this trains the pilots to survive in a "can't use the robot" situation.
>>
>>14230734
>it's actually a beach episode in disguise
>>
>>14230925

And then such situations never crop up thus rendering the episode entirely superfluous.
>>
File: Yui and Cryska 3.png (1MB, 1280x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Yui and Cryska 3.png
1MB, 1280x1204px
>>14230929

You gotta give it to Total Eclipse, their beach episode was a deserted-island episode in disguise
>>
>>14230931
Yeah but survival school is basic training for pilots here on earth.
>>
>>14230829
Never change /m/
>>
>>14230734
Is this satire?
>>
File: gaaaaaay.png (451KB, 806x648px) Image search: [Google]
gaaaaaay.png
451KB, 806x648px
>>14230784
>and have the Tama-chan suck the poison out.
It was Mikoto.
Gross as fuck.
>>
>>14230951
US calls it Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE). For those times when you get shot down, potentially in hostile territory.
>>
>>14230766
I do remember the Code Geass episode at least wasn't used for romantic pairings, so that's a little different.
>>
>>14230954
Well, he does have a point thou.
>>
>>14230829
>he says when 99% of /m/ shows focus on the characters more than anything else

Dumbass newfag.

>>14232044

The point that he's an idiot. Also, kill yourself.
>>
>>14230829
>>>/a/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/plsgo/
>>
>>14230734

So, the crazy thing about mechs and their pilots is that more often than not (though yes, there are exceptions) the amount of money that goes into training the pilot and keeping them alive greatly outweighs how much money went into the actual mech.

This means that most organizations have a pretty well vested interest in seeing that not only the mech come homes, but so does the pilot. And, yes, there are cases where the mech survives a hit that the pilot doesn't, and that's where your salvage crews come in.

But what about when your pilot survives a hit that your mech doesn't and he's miles deep in enemy territory?

You would rather that pilot have at least SOME knowledge of what to do to survive without his mech so that that rather than despairing and blowing his brains out with his sidearm because he think he has no hope, he instead starts foraging some food before heading out in the direction of home as defined by his compass.
>>
File: ct33-ejection-testextra.jpg (29KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
ct33-ejection-testextra.jpg
29KB, 1024x683px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDopZIfQEzQ
>>
>>14232595

well even without a mech I think most militarizes prioritize a good deal of survival training.
>>
>>14230747
Not a show, but Muv Luv Unlimited and Alternative did that.

It's marginally better than
>enemy pilots end up crashing and meeting on a deserted island episode
>>
>>14234106

Yes, but it's only mandatory for high-risk of isolation personnel (i.e. pilots, air crew, etc)

Your average grunt could probably go through a full 20 year career without ever learning how to start a fire without a lighter.
>>
>It's a "We need bodies in our giant robots to fight but they're all going to die" episode
>>
>>14232595
Well, in the case of the pic you quote the actual survival training was just a excuse the resident asshole used to try and see who he could pair with who in case they needed in the future because the actual mecha capable of doing the shit they want need a biological cpu and if you already have a connection with the it you raise your probabilities of making it work
>>
>>14230734
In part it's a training course for the pilots' latent psychic abilities
>>
>>14231849

Is that a censored pic or is the wound on his thigh and not his dick?
>>
>>14242171
He got bitten on his inner thigh by a non-poisonous snake.

Don't listen to people when they talk about muvluv, they always lie.
And the scene is not treated sexually, but actually with gravity, because he's being a dumbass and getting all insecure about letting Mikoto do it, while she's trying to save his fucking life and he's not being serious enough about the situation.
>>
File: he is talking about you.jpg (69KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
he is talking about you.jpg
69KB, 960x720px
>>14230780
Yes, because relying on an overuse cliche is the only way one can put a character out of their comfort zone to lean skills and team work right?

fucking mouth breather.

>>14232134
>>14230954
>>14232059
>all this cancer

I bet you worthless newfags don't even know that originally you couldn't even post characters on here, it was exclusively a mecha board. Now get out faggots.
>>
>>14244623
kek
>>
>>14244630
never change /m/
>>
>>14242720
Mikoto was the best during that arc, basically carrying Takeru's useless ass the whole way while he either refuses to take shit seriously or panicks when things go wrong due to him not taking shit seriously.

Best mabu rabu waifu
>>
>>14234100

Is it possible for a civilian to sign up for that "Dunk you in the water while in a metal box" class?

Looks fun
>>
>Why is this a thing? What does this prove? Wouldn't this time be better spent actually training in the mechs?

Just like real life pilots, SERE training is a real and important thing.
>>
>>14230931
That's just because it'd be boring for the audience; in real life the same situation usually occurs more than once (which is the whole point of training).
>>
>>14248837

SERE is mostly about not dying of starvation/exposure and then coping with the inevitable torture one you've been captured without giving up sensitive information until it's no longer valuable.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.