[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people put Gundam on a pedestal and place it above everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Why do people put Gundam on a pedestal and place it above everything else in the genre? Like, I won't rag it, but it seems a lot of people here just watched it as their first mecha show and now think it's DA BES THING EVAR. Honestly, it reminds me of how gainaxfags put NGE and GL above every other mecha with shitty buzzwords like "deconstruction" and "homage"
>>
>>14208157
because your own favorite shows are better than my own favorite shows? cool bro
>>
File: 1453841383619.jpg (2MB, 1949x2974px) Image search: [Google]
1453841383619.jpg
2MB, 1949x2974px
>>14208157
Nobody places Gundam above everything else on /m/. It's just that Gundam is a core /m/ franchise and one of the most popular, if not the most popular. it's kinda like Star Wars for SF in general. Also, there's genuinely good stuff in Gundam, like 0079, Zeta and X.
>Inb4 "where the fuck is ZZ ?!?!", "Implying ZZ is bad"
I haven't seen it so I don't say anything about it
>>
>>14208174
Where the fuck is Victory?

Are you seriously implying Victory is bad?
>>
0079 is literally the best thing the genre has to offer. The rest of the series is shit though.
>>
>>14208157

Turn-A is one of my favorite shows, not just mecha show or anime. It just ticks a lot of boxes for me, and there's enough variety in Gundam that the same is probably true of some one of the shows for many people. Beyond that, I really like 0079, 0080 G, 00 and Build Fighters. SDF and Xabungle are my second favorite mech shows though, because they too tick many boxes for me. If anything, I put Macross on a pedestal, not Gundam - though I don't think I put either on one really.
>>
The nips who watched mecha throughout the 70s were placing it above everything else in the genre and Zeta was still among the most popular after and during all the stuff that came in the 80s. I don't think you're more versed in the genre than the obsessive otaku in mecha's heyday.
>>
>>14208189
Most of it was clever marketing, fan appeal, and model kit sales, though. It was more of a phenomena or franchise than an actual series even back in the 80's.
>>
>>14208177
No, I haven't seen it. I heard it's good tho.
>>
>>14208205
As compared to everything else? It's always said that the Tomino shows (particularly Byston Well stuff), Vifam and Dragonar tried to repeat Gundam's success for Sunrise but none of them succeeded for a reason or another. Of course I like some of those others, like Vifam, but Gundam was doing things right to become a phenomenon - like Char Aznable being an actually great and memorable character and Vifam's rival character kinda just being there.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.