[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been on a real Turn A kick lately and I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

I've been on a real Turn A kick lately and I've been wondering more and more about the Black History and the remnants from the previous series. So it's very very clear that the Universal Century is a time before the Correct Century with the Borjarnons and Kapools and stuff. But then there is Corin Nander who see's a vision of the Wing Gundam Zero and the Turn X which has a Shining Finger attack and Devil Gundam Cells. So I always assumed that sometime after the end of the Universal Century, humanity destroyed themselves, but worked their way back up and one of the AU timelines happened, they destroyed themselves again, and another AU happens, and so on and so forth till we get to the story of Turn A Gundam. But how does /m/ think it works? Is there a general consensus on how the Gundam timelines work? Like a popular opinion or anything? Cause it's kinda fun to think about.
>>
>>14205656
I guarantee you have put more thought into this than anyone who made Turn A did.
>>
>>14205656
All of the series are canon to Turn A.
Turn A isn't canon to any of the series.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
>>
>>14205656
>>14206730
All we know is that Turn A seems to take place after everything EXCEPT Reconguista in G, which Tomino said takes place after Turn A. And that's further evidenced by the G Lucifer having the Moonlight Butterfly.

Tomino originally intended Turn A to be the end of all Gundam, but both Sunrise and he changed their minds.
>>
>>14205656
You're being autistic. Obsessing over this stuff is not what you are supposed to take away from Turn-A. The show is full of dramatic contrivances that are made for artistic purposes rather than logical ones, and if you can't appreciate this then the show was not aimed at you.
>>
Most gundam series could technically fit into the timeline, with the exception of the Seed and 00 universes due to the timelines they exist in. While no direct timeline has ever been successfully crafted, I tend to list it as...

UC-Age-Wing-X-G----Black History---Turn A- G Reco.

UC definitely is the starting point, but the order in which the other AUs prior to Turn A happen is still a mystery. G Reco apparently happens after Turn A if I recall correctly.

Seed exist in a timeline where mankind did not naturally develop like in U.C and instead used gene modification to create coordinators, which led to a stagnation in natural evolution into newtypes for spacenoids.

00 seems to be a timeline where a Federation never came into existence and mankind continued a Earthbound struggle for resources instead of space bound development. With the occurrence of ELS fusing with mankind at the end of 00, mankind now has access to long distance space travel technology, leading to universe with little to no conflict and a utopian society given the properties of fusing directly with ELS.

Still, just my own two-cents. Sunrise has never given an official timeline, so it's all speculation for now.
>>
>>14208278
That's mainly because of Tomino. He did a string of series but each time he basically told a story and was done with it, at best he'd repackage it. He tried to end it with CCA, he REALLY tried to end it with Victory because he didn't like Sunrise. They went elsewhere to try to compete with the Braves and whatnot of the 90's but that drove them into the ground. So finally, at the dawn of a new millenium, he came in again, much happier, to put THE final word on Gundam in with Turn A.

Problem is Sunrise just isn't going to let a cash-cow like Gundam go. But they're also kind of stuck with the marketing of Turn-A as THE END, so any time they try to cash in on it (manga, MG Turn-X) they have to lump in whatever the latest guy did as being in there too, regardless of how nonsensical it would be.

At this point about the only explanation that'd make sense is that whatever extra-solar humans (be they ELS-infused innovators or star-faring super-newtypes) are playing SimEarth. Sat back and watched Earth die a dozen deaths and each time mankind either evolves and joins them or ends itself and gets reset, until as a lark they finally just leave one of the terraforming machines behind (Turn A) and see what happens, which somehow leads to G-Reco.
>>
>>14205656
>I've been on a real Turn A kick lately and I've been wondering more and more about the Black History and the remnants from the previous series. So it's very very clear that the Universal Century is a time before the Correct Century with the Borjarnons and Kapools and stuff. But then there is Corin Nander who see's a vision of the Wing Gundam Zero and the Turn X which has a Shining Finger attack and Devil Gundam Cells. So I always assumed that sometime after the end of the Universal Century, humanity destroyed themselves, but worked their way back up and one of the AU timelines happened, they destroyed themselves again, and another AU happens, and so on and so forth till we get to the story of Turn A Gundam. But how does /m/ think it works? Is there a general consensus on how the Gundam timelines work? Like a popular opinion or anything? Cause it's kinda fun to think about.

The only ones that obsess and try to rationalize the entire Gundam meta franchise are just western fans. Japanese don't freak out over incongruencies in a specific timeline let alone when we're talking about multiple timelines.

As far as Turn A is concerned, the Dark History is not so much about putting all Gundam timelines in order (or trying to come up with a rationale why humanity never remembers what happened before) as it is Tomino's statement about the nature of the Gundam metafranchise. And if you understand Turn's A message then the Dark History will make sense, but it will make sense in the same way Picasso's blue period will make sense. It's a poetic statement, not a rational one.
>>
The issue with most timeline theories is that most AUs aside from 00 throw references to something similar to UC being in the past, but not to each other (aside from G Gundam's cameo of the Wing and Talgeese in the final episodes).

>>14208329
>The only ones that obsess and try to rationalize the entire Gundam meta franchise are just western fans. Japanese don't freak out over incongruencies in a specific timeline let alone when we're talking about multiple timelines.
Japanese aren't a freaking hivemind. With a quickly google search I can find Japanese fans theorizing about timelines.

http://gundamlog.com/archives/39533132.html
>>
The MG Turn X manual already explained this. It's a Macross style vague timeline of events.
>>
>>14208391

Also, most references are only to early UC, since that's the most popular period.

I think only X actually referenced late UC (by showing the Federation and SRA using planes and non-mobile suit/armor military vehicles from F91 and Victory).
>>
>>14208319
>Problem is Sunrise just isn't going to let a cash-cow like Gundam go. But they're also kind of stuck with the marketing of Turn-A as THE END, so any time they try to cash in on it (manga, MG Turn-X) they have to lump in whatever the latest guy did as being in there too, regardless of how nonsensical it would be.
So Tomino wrote them into a corner? What a troll.
>>
>>14205656
I'm with you, OP.
Also the one and only official statement from Bandai/Sunrise, being the MG Turn X manual, says it's a timeline that starts with UC and ends with CC and also includes CE, FC, AW, AC, AG, and AD but doesn't say what order they go in.

The other major camp holds sacred a chart from an SD Gundam G-Generation Game (actually from a guide, not even in the game) that shows multiple timelines all going into Turn A. These people somehow think that "universes merged" makes more sense than "forgotten era" and will swear that all Gundams lead into Turn A but are somehow separate before that.

Then there's the relatively small group who believe Turn A is an alternate universe whose history contains events *similar to* the events of UC, Wing, X, and G but that each of the shows is still its own separate universe from all the rest and that no two AU happen in the same reality.
>>
For fuck's sake, it's metaphorical, an idea used to convey Turn A's theme of "history repeats," but having history literally repeat over and over.

There's no point to figuring out the exact specifics of the timeline, because that is both NOT the point and because it's literally impossible with how the Earth got fucked in X and the goofy space colonies in G, among other things.
>>
>>14209807
>literally impossible with how the Earth got fucked in X
Tomino's setting notes from Turn A include mention of the entire earth being resurfaced with DG Cells after G. If that can happen, then there's no reason to say it's impossible for someone in late AW to have come up with a way to restore the earth's surface. Most of the calendar eras we know about in Gundam are only 1-3 centuries old (After Colony 195, Future Century 60, After War 15, Cosmic Era 73) so there could easily be a thousand years between the end of Gundam X and the start of whatever show comes next in the timeline. That's plenty of time to figure out how to re-terraform the planet back to its pre-war shape.
>>
Reminder: UC is the only timeline that actually happened. Everything else is a dramatization of the events of early UC that aired in the universe.
>>
>>14209868
GO TO BED, KAWAMORI
>>
>>14209868
So the Movie versions are canon and the TV versions are the dramatized events?

Gundam is Macross now.
>>
>>14209868

That's some dumb headcanon, anon.
>>
File: 1451374450991.jpg (30KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451374450991.jpg
30KB, 498x500px
>>14209868
Reminder: All of Gundam never happened. It's Fiction.

just wanted to let you know
>>
>>14209868

That explains SEED

>This is really the true story of the One Year War?
>It needs a little something
>SEX IT UP
>AND ADD EVEN MORE DRAMA
>FOR THAT HUMAN ELEMENT OR WHATEVER
>>
>>14209868
>UC is the only timeline that actually happened

Let alone space colonies, I don't see any world government in vein of some sort of federation running the entire world.I don't see it happening anyway.
>>
Its time space shenanigans dudes. Thats why theres a prominent black hole in the OP with all the images of various gundam shows falling into it. I dont think the universe got wrecked over and over, the timelines just converged into a vague hodge podge
>>
>>14209980
Hey, fuck you man, my grandpa died in the colony drop.
>>
>>14210310
yeah, his zaku got caught on the falling colony
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.