[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk: Just how powerful was the Turn A WITHOUT the Moonlight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12

File: this is mine now.jpg (104KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this is mine now.jpg
104KB, 1440x1080px
Real talk: Just how powerful was the Turn A WITHOUT the Moonlight Butterfly? After some point in the series, it just kind of began dancing in circles around the other Mobile Suits because they just couldn't keep up with it. I mean, I know the WaDoms and WaDs were kind of sluggish guns with legs, but I'm not sure that already cuts it. It didn't even have to always kill the pilot when dispatching the unit, for fuck's sake! Was the Turn A already overpowered without even having the MB and its other late-series hacks running, or was Loran some kind of Yazan-in-training?

Not trying to start some G-Self/Qan[T]/Zakrello powerlevel shitstorm, by the way. I'm pretty sure we're better off not flinging turds at each other over the same topic for the Nth time.
>>
File: Shit eating grin.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shit eating grin.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>14194926
Remember that this fucker is unique because it's reverse-engineered from the turn X with the latest tech at the time (dg cells and stuff as well) also black holes as power generators.
It really makes me wonder if the Turn X is really just an MP unit, just imagine their special snowflake suits. It's Jewdough's fault
>>
>>14194926
Isn't it supposed to take place hundreds of years after the regular mobile suit series and it was the culmination of all the gundam tech at the time?
>>
>>14194926
The other MS are powered by nuclear reactors and such.

The Turn A is literally powered by two black holes.

The other MS have mechanical inner frames.

The Turn A is hollow and uses some weird voodoo shit in which it spreads its I-field over the surface and moves it like a puppet.

What do you think?
>>
>>14194926
Way stronger, the only reason it wasn't a monster was due to a combination of not knowing how it all worked, Loran not wanting to escalate the fighting, and the Turn A not being at 100% fighting capacity for most of the show.
>>
Who gives a shit about the anime. The novel clearly lists enough feats to make it the most powerful Gundam in the metaseries.
>>
It's a Gundam. It's just kind of it's MO to be better than other Mobile Suits. The fact that Loran steadily learns how to use it better just adds to that.

Also, nanomachines.
>>
>>14194926
It can teleport and has the Granzon's worm smasher.

>>14195846
It was hilarious when power level faggots complained for years about how the copypasta was lies and mistranslated, and then a G Generation game came along with novel Turn A doing everything in the copypasta and more.
>>
>>14195882
>It was hilarious when power level faggots complained for years about how the copypasta was lies and mistranslated, and then a G Generation game came along with novel Turn A doing everything in the copypasta and more.

And then they started claiming that the copypasta is conjecture based on the game when it predates it by years.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=9393

fucking cancer
>>
>>14194926
>Zakrello
Are you making fun of the most awesome mecha ever?
>>
File: cringe.png (20KB, 761x255px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png
20KB, 761x255px
>>14195846
Word of God cedes that title to the PPG-Self.

Remain mad, Turnfag.

>>14195891
Christ.
>>
>>14195993
>Christ.

Even better, they run the Gundam Wiki so even though it lists some of the stuff it goes HURRR NOT CANON NOT SEEN IN THE SHOW on teleportation which is SEEN IN THE FUCKING SHOW.
>>
>>14194991
>(dg cells and stuff as well)

G Gundam is not canon. Turn A takes place 500 years after the end of the UC.
>>
Reminder to hide and ignore, preferably filter if possible, shitposters.
>>
>>14196007
Corrin Nander sees Wing Gundam's face when he sees the Dark History, Turn X has an attack called "Shining Finger". Turn A is an AU that is supposedly the terminus of all Gundam universes, hence the use of the "∀" which basically means "for all things" in symbolic logic.
>>
>>14196007
>G Gundam is not canon.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>14194926
You have to remember this thing was just rotting away in a shithole for literally thousands of years. Most of its armament crumbled into dust because of how old it was and with zero upkeep.

Even in show it's explicitly shown that the Turn A is actually be incomplete, which is why it can't use the MLB until it meets the Turn X.

Also, we know from the Turn X that the Turns' self-repair is not perfect. The Turn X is stated in stuff like model manuals to have scars because it was incapable of restoring itself to its original form; it's stated to have scars in the show as well but I don't think it's explicitly stated that its self-repair wasn't good enough to completely restore it.
>>
>>14196080
>>14196041
see
>>14196023

>>14196086
>Also, we know from the Turn X that the Turns' self-repair is not perfect. The Turn X is stated in stuff like model manuals to have scars because it was incapable of restoring itself to its original form
This is wrong. The side material states the exact opposite, that it's fully capable of doing so but doesn't because it's mad at Turn A, suggesting that it might have some form of sentience.
>>
>>14196005

No, it isn't. It turns invisible in the show and Gym flat out says so.

>>14196041

It's never explicitly stated in the show that it can't use the Moonlight Butterfly till then, and the speculation that it needed something from the Turn-X that the Wiki lists is baseless. As is a lot of their information.
>>
>>14196007
>>
>>14196104
>No, it isn't. It turns invisible in the show and Gym flat out says so.
Are you fucking retarded? Everyone in the show has no idea how technology works and is talking out of their ass, and the show goes out of its way to point this out countless times. All the side materials make it clear that it teleported, and it doesn't go invisible in the show, it straight up appears somewhere else.

>you can go back to Earth from space in a barrel if you hold your breath, it's true because that fat guy flat out says so!
>>
>>14196120

Except other people in the show point out that he can't go back and Gym is shown to be familiar with the Turns fairly regularly, having tuned the Turn-A and changing the weapons in its chest silo, along with knowing that the X at least can link up to the Keilas Guilie and so on. He's as close to an expert as the show has and no, side material doesn't make that clear at all. Going invisible would have the same effect as you just described.
>>
>>14196147
>side material doesn't make that clear at all
Yes it does

>going invisible would have the same effect as you just described.

>going invisible physical teleports you to another location

no
>>
>>14196086
>Most of its armament crumbled into dust because of how old it was and with zero upkeep.
It doesn't really work like that.
>>
>>14196182

Disappearing in one place and then ppearing in another could be teleportation on invisibility - that's the effect. Teleportation would be a mechanic, not an effect.

Also, very simple question: if Loran could teleport and never wanted to be in that fight, why wouldn't he teleport away? Why would he instead just use it to move a small distance away and not even give himself a massive environmental advantage? Instead he just leaves later by regular thrust.
>>
>>14196147
>>14196104
Huh, I thought these retards had died out.

>all the side materials say it teleported, point out that it teleported in the show

>NO IT DIDN'T BECAUSE GYM SAID SO EVEN THOUGH HE'S WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING WAHHHHHH

>all the official canon side materials say so

>THEY'RE LIES AND/OR MISTRANSLATED WAHHHHHHHHHHH

>G Generation straight up shows you Turn A teleporting

>WAHHHHHH EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS NOT CANON ALSO THE COPYPASTA IS CONJECTURE BASED ON THE GAME WHICH IS NOT CANON

just die
>>
>>14196198
>Why doesn't Loran just use all the stuff on the Turn A he doesn't know how to use and keeps activating by accident?

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>14196215

> keeps activating by accident

Did you? Not once does any of it come across from his actions and dialogue as accidental. Also, saying this was invisibility doesn't mean it can't have teleportation too and no-one ever said so, so you can leave that strawman behind.
>>
>>14196190
The setting guide says it had an armed support base that crumbled away
>>
>>14196260
The setting guide says it teleported and Gym was wrong, fuck off shitposter.
>>
>>14196251

Oh wait, his dialogue on using the Moonlight Butterfly as a shield to defend the Winter Palace does suggest surprise, but only in the previous episode summary stuff. Him using a lot of the rest doesn't cone across as accidental. The I-field he uses when protectng against the WaD's beam cannon is deliberate from what he says for instance. And he rarely uses that either. That might be the only time in fact, since it's the Moonlight Butterfly in the Winter Palace fight.
>>
>>14196267

Then you'll be happy to post it.
>>
>>14196267
It doesn't.

That's a claim from the novels, both of which have different continuities apparently

>From the novels:
>>「月光蝶を前面に放射しバリアーを形成」「機体の一部とナノマシン
>が残っていれば、数千年以上の時間はかかるものの機体の再生が可能」「
>空間転移」などの機能も見せた
>The Moonlight Butterfly can be projected in front of the Turn A to create a barrier, if enough nanomachines and certain parts of the >machine are left it can regenerate completely over a few thousand years, and it can teleport.

>>このうち空間転移はアニメ中でも発動したような描写がある。第43話
>バンデットの前でビームサーベルを回転させた後と、第44話でソシエとスエ
>ッソンが戦っている場に登場したシーンである。
>Of these, the teleportation ability was seen in the show in episode 43 when it waved its beam sabers in front of the Bandit, and in >episode 44 when Sochie and Swesson were fighting.

>Well, I've been looking through a couple of my other Turn A books, and they've resolved at least one lingering question. That underground chamber the Turn A enters in episode 6, where all the weapons crumble into dust except the Gundam Hammer? That's the DOC Base, or what's left of it anyway.

>-- Mark

By the way. If the setting guide says it teleported, then it did. Setting guide was written by Tomino and staff so it's word of god.
>>
File: 1462430316860.jpg (58KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1462430316860.jpg
58KB, 519x533px
>>14196273
>>14196291
>posting mechatalk after >>14195891

You're one of the retards from there aren't you, that explains everything. Maximum kek.
>>
>>14196291
>It doesn't.
>>the teleportation ability was seen in the show

Are you retarded?
>>
>>14196291
Did you mean to post a source that proves you're full of shit, or is this some new kind of bait?
>>
>>14196291
>That's a claim from the novels
When Mark said "from the novels" he meant the moonlight butterfly stuff. He was translating from multiple books, if it wasn't obvious from
> I've been looking through a couple of my other Turn A books

The teleportation stuff is from the setting guide, if it isn't obvious from

>第43話バンデットの前でビームサーベルを回転させた後と、第44話で
>seen in the show in episode 43
>episode 44

Or did you think that the NOVEL said "you can see it teleport in episodes 43 and 44"?

Jesus christ how stupid are you?
>>
>>14196319

I'm still waiting on that setting guide. Or a real explanation as to why he wouldn't just use it to leave (beyond "lol, accident", which is very obviously not true given the setup). Or for that matter, an explanation why teleportation would require he deliberately take out and use his beam sabers in a manner Gym thinks is consistent with bending light to become invisible.
>>
>>14196337
>I'm still waiting on that setting guide
You fucking posted it yourself, retard.
>>
>>14196337
>>14196291
>>14196273
>>14196269
>>14196251
put your trip back on snapfag-kun
>>
File: 1460649023613.jpg (74KB, 500x895px) Image search: [Google]
1460649023613.jpg
74KB, 500x895px
>>14196291
>It doesn't.
>>>Of these, the teleportation ability was seen in the show in episode 43 when it waved its beam sabers in front of the Bandit, and in >episode 44 when Sochie and Swesson were fighting.

Look, newfriend, this topic isn't at all new to anyone who knows Gundam. It's been discussed over and over again. You're wrong. All the official sources say you're wrong. Mark Simmons says you're wrong, TE Spoiler Guy says you're wrong, Tomino says you're wrong, Bandai says you're wrong, and Sunrise says you're wrong.

You're wrong.
>>
>>14194926
Jesus fucking christ, please stop bringing your autistic Dragonball Z fan mentality here. Turn A Gundam is not about "how strong X mobile suit" is. If those thoughts are all that you take away from it then you shouldn't have even watched it.
>>
>>14196327
The setting guide and the novels are completely different things. Neither of the novels are written by Tomino or the staff. The setting guide is just supplementary stuff for the show, the novels are a complete retelling.

>>14196335
You've mixed two completely different posts together.
One is the original translated wiki article from /m/. The other is mark posting to say that he found new info in some books he has. You would know this if you actually just read the thread that's posted above.

The translation was posted by Rudy A Winchester and more importantly it is a Japanese WIKIPEDIA article. It is NOT the setting guide saying it was seen in episode 43 and 44, it's the WIKIPEDIA article saying the ability described in the novels was seen in those episodes, i.e. not a real source.

The wiki article translation (originally from /m/) posted by Rudy
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=181335#p181335

The DOC base posted by Mark
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=181423#p181423
>>
>>14196339

No, I didn't. That was (a) another anon and (b) not the actual setting guide. The guide isn't even mentioned in the pasted info, just someone's speculation that it teleportation, with no reference as to where it came from. Mark Simmons doesn't even confirm it, only that the DOC Base was in the show.

Feel free to answer me or post the actual guide whenever.
>>
>>14196362
>just someone's speculation that it teleportation

>第43話バンデットの前でビームサーベルを回転させた後と、第44話で

Is from the original copypasta translation by moononymous. It's from the setting guide. Go away.
>>
>>14196370

> post some random text
> it's totally a source guys
> no links

That's not a source, and from what >>14196359 says, it never came from one. Come back when you have it, rather than just the word of a friend of a friend whose dad totally works for Sunrise. Which is essentially all you have at the moment.
>>
>>14196378
Turn A Gundam Complete Record Collection 2: The Memory of

fuck off shitposter
>>
>>14196359
>The translation was posted by Rudy A Winchester and more importantly it is a Japanese WIKIPEDIA article. It is NOT the setting guide saying it was seen in episode 43 and 44, it's the WIKIPEDIA article saying the ability described in the novels was seen in those episodes, i.e. not a real source.

Wrong. I was in that thread, Moononymous/それも名無しだ was using the sources listed on Wikipedia to refer to relevant parts in the book.

That retard has no idea what he's talking about and claims that the translations are conjecture based on G Generation Spirits when they predate it by years.

>The DOC base posted by Mark

Originally translated by Moononymous first too.
>>
>>14195993
Why is the PPG-Self so stronk?

No seriously, I think it would be hard to compete with a teleporting moonlight butterflying everything-raping Turn A.

In G-Reco, all I saw was the PPG-Self raping shit with Photon Torpedoes, but even it was taken down by the Kabakali.
>>
>>14196381

> link directly says the info is from the Japanese Wiki
> it's from somewhere else guys, I swear
> says it's from the setting guide all along
> new source isn't the setting guide
> keeps calling others shitposters

Grow up.
>>
>>14196391
>links to mechatalk where some retard who thinks the translations are conjecture based on a game that came years later
>BUT EVERYTHING THAT RETARD SAYS IS TRUE UNLESS I SAY SO

Fuck off shitposter.
>>
>>14196394

We have translations of parts of that book. Teleportation is never mentioned. It's also not the setting guide.
>>
>>14196385
>Wrong. I was in that thread, Moononymous/それも名無しだ was using the sources listed on Wikipedia to refer to relevant parts in the book.
Well he never says it's the setting guide that claims the Turn A teleported in episode 43 and 44. He just mentions the novels say it teleported and it happened in those episodes. For all we know it could be from a post-story section in the novel talking about the setting and show
>>
>>14196023
>Reminder to hide and ignore, preferably filter if possible, shitposters.
>>
>>14196291
>>the teleportation ability was seen in the show

How is there still an argument?
>>
File: moonlight quanta.webm (2MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
moonlight quanta.webm
2MB, 512x384px
What can realistically survive this?
>>
>>14196435
I don't know anon, but I'm guessing that Chinese audiences are used to shitty camrips by now so maybe they stand a chance.
>>
>>14196433
Because it's not actually confirmed to be teleportation, it could have just turned invisible. It vanishes suddenly, but you don't see it suddenly reappear somewhere else.
>>
>>14196443
>not actually confirmed to be teleportation

>>14196291
>the teleportation ability was seen in the show
>>
>>14196387
Ther G-Self had just gone through re-entry and Bellri wasted tons of battery energy to stay alive (the shield was constantly creating photon barriers), while the Kabakali had an specific built-in system for it. Also, Bell wasn't trying to fight, the worse damage suffered is from that lucky shot from the Kabakali's shotgun.

The G-self is clearly the superior unit. Now, I don't see how it could be stronger than the Turn-A. The Perfect backpack is more versatile, but the Turn is rape incarnate in good hands.
>>
>>14196486
Fair enough. I only watched G-Reco once and it didn't seem that OP to me. To be fair, neither did the Turn A.
>>
>>14196447

Keep saying it's in the show, maybe someday someone will believe you.
>>
>>14196503
>Keep saying
It's from your own source, retard.
>>
>>14196507

That source doesn't say it, and it's been pointed out several times now it's only a wiki article that does, which has no real weight. The show itself never says it.
>>
>>14196524
>That source doesn't say it,

>>14196291
>>
>>14196530

> Source: wiki
> TV show: says it's invisibility, has Loran do a very deliberate movement to facilitate it, has Gym recognise the movement's purpose and attribute it to invisibility
>>
>>14196535
>> Source: wiki
Weren't you claiming it was the novels before?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>14196537

No. The closest was someone saying that the Wiki says it teleported in the novels like in those episodes. It's still ultimately the Wiki though.
>>
>>14196551
>>14196535
>>14196524
>>14196503
>>14196443
>>14196406
>>14196396
>>14196391
Here's your (you) shitposter-kun :^)
>>
>>14196557

If you've no proof or point, don't post. When you've an answer as to why Loran would need to take out his beam sabers and waggle them fast if he was teleporting, why Gym would recognise what that's for or a real source rather than just someone's word they have one, come back.
>>
>>14196563
_______________fuck off shitposter-kun :^)
>>
>>14196573

Find a real source or engage in actual debate.
>>
>>14196111
Sorry but that picture isn't the authority on what's canon or not. Tomino said himself G-Reco takes place 500 years after Turn A and in G-Reco it's stated that UC ended 1000 years ago so get rekt.
>>
File: 20061106022509.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
20061106022509.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>14196603
>>14196603
>>14196596
>>14196563
>>14196551
>>14196535
>>
>>14196609

Are you angry? Is that what that picture is supposed to mean. Cause I'm certainly not.
>>
well it clearly shows that the turn A can teleport in the G generation game. so it must be true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8XirQvrZD0
>>
>>14196730

No-one has said it can't teleport, only that the bit in the show was invisibility not teleportation - so that it would have both abilities, not just one. Which shouldn't be surprising given all the other broken shit it supposedly can do but didn't.
>>
File: 1462450752148.jpg (1KB, 118x44px) Image search: [Google]
1462450752148.jpg
1KB, 118x44px
>>14196745
>>
I never got why people get so autistic over how powerful the turn a is.

It's supposed to be insanely powerful. Beyond anything seen before. The whole point is that Loran either doesn't know how it works and or deescalates combat whenever possible.

It seems people just try and turn it into another RX78.
>>
>>14196965
Very simple question: if Loran could teleport and never wanted to be in that fight, why wouldn't he teleport away? Why would he instead just use it to move a small distance away and not even give himself a massive environmental advantage? Instead he just leaves later by regular thrust. Not once does any of it come across from his actions and dialogue as accidental. Also, saying this was invisibility doesn't mean it can't have teleportation too and no-one ever said so, so you can leave that strawman behind.I'm still waiting on that setting guide. Or a real explanation as to why he wouldn't just use it to leave (beyond "lol, accident", which is very obviously not true given the setup). Or for that matter, an explanation why teleportation would require he deliberately take out and use his beam sabers in a manner Gym thinks is consistent with bending light to become invisible.
>>
Is Turn A the only series were the side materials hilariously matter more than the actual show because of autism and powerlevel wank? Top Kek.
>>
>>14196965
A lot of it is basic fanwank. People want their shows particular endgame unit to be the most powerful. To the point where they'll argue in face of overwhelmingly solid evidence.

It was a real blast during Destiny when people were arguing if the Strike Freedom or Destiny was more powerful. Discussion got really nasty as people were starting to realize that Shinn had lost his lead character spot.
>>
>>14197035
That shit got ridiculous. Especially when the Strike Freedom showed up with the Wings of Light out of nowhere. (and they later retconned it in the compilation movies to always having it.)

The wings were the one thing the Destiny had that gave it the edge and they outright stripped it of its uniqueness.
>>
>>14197032

Star Wars maybe?
>>
>>14197049
"I'm a Providence with the Freedom's beamspam and Destiny's WoL!"

Total bullshit.
>>
>>14197032
Kids I've been on this site likely far longer than you. Only certain boards have a very toxic culture and those boards are usually filled with the "newer" posters to this site. Most long time posters migrate away from those boards after we've been here a while. But keep thinking I just got here this summer.

I repeat myself: Very simple question: if Loran could teleport and never wanted to be in that fight, why wouldn't he teleport away? Why would he instead just use it to move a small distance away and not even give himself a massive environmental advantage? Instead he just leaves later by regular thrust. Not once does any of it come across from his actions and dialogue as accidental. Also, saying this was invisibility doesn't mean it can't have teleportation too and no-one ever said so, so you can leave that strawman behind.I'm still waiting on that setting guide. Or a real explanation as to why he wouldn't just use it to leave (beyond "lol, accident", which is very obviously not true given the setup). Or for that matter, an explanation why teleportation would require he deliberately take out and use his beam sabers in a manner Gym thinks is consistent with bending light to become invisible.
>>
>>14197735

> I've been here way longer than you
> therefore I'm awesome
> so you should listen to me
>>
>>14197735
Is this pasta or straight autism?
>>
>>14197779
>>14197755
Don't change the subject. If you've no proof or point, don't post. Come back when you have n answer as to why Loran would need to take out his beam sabers and waggle them fast if he was teleporting, why Gym would recognise what that's for or a real source rather than just someone's word they have one.
>>
>>14197779

It's a pasta of several of my posts from up the thread. No idea what he thinks he's proving by just pasting them together, but I'm sure he thinks he's doing something.
>>
>>14197779
You're the autist.
>>
>>14196095
>suggesting that it might have some form of sentience.
Wait, what the fuck? Seriously, is that an actual thing that's said somewhere? I swear I've never heard that.
>>
>>14197928
It's been in several side materials and is alluded to in the show when Gym says the Turn X purposely doesn't heal the scar because it doesn't want to forget.
>>
File: 1458567524308.jpg (183KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458567524308.jpg
183KB, 650x800px
>>14197956
Huh, I guess that was just drowned out in the sea of crazy shit said by Gym. After some point he just starts acting as if he's the Turn X itself and Loran is the Turn A, or at least extensions of their respective Mobile Suits rather than simply their pilots.

Gym was fucking crazy, he was like Ali if Ali had a doomsday agenda.
>>
>>14198030
>Gym was fucking crazy, he was like Ali if Ali had a doomsday agenda.
To be honest, Loran also talks as if the Turn A had some kind of sentience. When it shoots the Wadom in the first episode Loran says he didn't do anything.
>>
>>14198143

Cause it was pre-programmed to respond to aggression. He sets stuff like that himself during the show if I recall, having the unit shoot after he's left go of the controls so he can do something else.
>>
>>14195712
More like 10,000+ yrs
>>
>>14198207

It depends, the series lists it as 10, 000 years later while the movies say 5, 000 instead for some reason.
>>
File: assblasted.gif (2MB, 396x264px) Image search: [Google]
assblasted.gif
2MB, 396x264px
>>14196603
>Tomino said himself G-Reco takes place 500 years after Turn A and in G-Reco it's stated that UC ended 1000 years ago so get rekt.
Snapfit, for such a huge autistic tripfag you do seem to have lots of trouble processing simple logic.

>GUISE THE TIMELINE IS NON CANON!
>CAUSE TOMINO SAID G-RECO IS AFTER TURN-A!
>EVEN THOUGH TOMINO IS THE ONE WHO CAME UP WITH THE UNIFIED UNIVERSE ANYWAYS!
If you think Tomino's word is word of God (even though he himself said in the same interview where he said he thinks CC->RG that it's ultimately up to Bandai to decide, but until then it's really each to their own head-canon). Then you have to accept that G-Gundam and all the other pre-Turn A Gundams fit into one universe.
>>
>>14194926
Nothing special amongst Gundams. Even with the Moonlight Butterfly it can't do half the shit that you hear here. It's a lot like Ideon in that it's ultimate power is unreliable as shit and all you can guarentee will work are the beam rifle (you know, if it decides not to fucking melt after a single shot) and the Gundam Hammer. That's what Turn-A brings to the party.
>>
>>14200071
The Gundam hammer literally disintegrated the first time it was used
>>
>>14200125
Only after it spent thousands of years decaying in an unprotected cache.
>>
>>14200071
This is bullshit. Turn A is clearly a retardedly high specs MS from what it's shown doing in the anime.
>>
>>14200071

This is the sound of someone who's either never watched the anime, or at the very least didn't pay attention while doing so. I don't think the Moonlight Butterfly ever once fails to work when people try to use it (and Merrybell as well as Joseph use it, not just Loran and Gym), so I've no idea how you end up with the impression it's unreliable. Not only does it never not work, it literally can't run out of ammo and is self-replicating, making it more reliable than just about any other weapon in the franchise. It still works after thousands of years in storage. There's no other weapon in Gundam besides the Turn-X that can say that. All the other suits from Mountain Cycles had nano-skin and while they were intact, they needed to be inspected, given power and reloaded and so on after they were dug out because nano-skin isn't the same as internal nanomachines.

The only reason the beam rifle melts is because it's an external part that's been sitting on it's own for thousands of years and the machine was auto-set to fire it on detection of enemies. The Gundam hammers are the same, they were sitting with no upkeep for thousands of years. It's chest silos, beam sabers and i-field at the very least never malfunction.

As for what the unit is like minus the Moonlight Butterfly? Not bad. It's extremely hardy (it takes dozens of beam rifle shots from the Turn-X without a scratch and keeps working when Gym does the Bloody Siege in episode...45?), it has an i-field it can project over a large area and that can block physical projectiles, it has no actuators and stuff inside so it's chest is free to house things like missiles and beam guns, it can turn invisible and block radiation. It's not the best suit in the franchise, but it's tough and a good all-rounder.
>>
>>14200530

With it? Even sticking just to the anime, it's probably one of the best suits in the franchise. It's a lot faster and more maneuverable (it goes super fast in the last few episodes, only Wing might be faster), self repairing (though slowly) and can fly as well as attack at any range with no weapons since the nanomachines can function like a beam saber at any distance (it bisects Corin's Kapool cleanly in a split second) as well as destroy all technology on Earth.

The thing is, it's hard to say what is and isn't a function of the Moonlight Butterfly, since it's not just an on/off attack that destroys technology, but can operate as wings, a shield, repair the suit and so on. When Loran edges up to the explosion of the Mistletoe asteroid and the suit starts blocking radiation, it does so in a rainbow pattern, so while it might be an independent function of the suit, it could be the nanomachines at work (eating the radiation maybe?). It's impossible to really say. Which is why judging what the suit is like independent of it is kinda difficult.
>>
>>14194926
I haven't seen this show, can I get some context here?
>>
>>14196291
>It doesn't.

>>
>>14197049
And when people pointed out that the SF couldn't use its WoL on Earth due to the DRAGOONS, Fukuda obliged and showed us that Kira could separate them slightly to use the WoL (Remaster).
>>
File: MakotoIdeon.jpg (216KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
MakotoIdeon.jpg
216KB, 1280x1810px
>>14194926

I think it's easier to consider the Turn A as "Ideon-lite"

Thinking about how it is treated, and how it's powers are revealed during the series, there are some rather strong parallels between the White Doll and the Legendary Giant. They both begin as being relics of lost civilizations. They both are largely unassuming yet grand in a certain way. They both are largely dominant in battle, though mainly because they're physically stronger and faster than their opponents, rather than any unique special ability.

But when they DO start showing unique special abilities, it's played as being horrifying, and the suits take on an air of being monstrous. It's usually one big moment: the Moonlight butterfly reveal for Turn A, and the Ideon Sword cutting a planet in half for Ideon.

The difference is that Turn A, both the robot and the situation, is much softer. The Moonlight Butterfly is a horrible doomsday weapon, yes. But unlike in Ideon, Loran is not in a situation where he is forced to use it, and its damage is comparatively small compared to when the Ideon gun is being used. In Ideon, the Buff Clan was so intent on the Solo-ship that even witnessing the destruction of a planet would not sway them.

Though the fact that the Ide was throwing asteroids at their home world probably motivated them in that.
>>
>>14194926
It's supposed to be stupidly OP. It is literally "For All Gundam." That's the point of its existence, but not the point of the series.
>>
>>14194926
Generator output on instructions for the kits had it like ten times more than your typical MS. Most MS were like 1000 to 3000 whatever units they use, but Turn A was like 30000 ish iirc.

And Turn A has so much limitations put in place who knows if that's the actual max output.
>>
>>14194926

theyh ave a ms with moonlight butterlfy, hundreds of years later in g-reco and its leagues weaker
>>
ALL of you need to just die.
>>
>>14204927
would you like to become Gundam with us?
it could be very
very
nice
>>
>>14204908

With the way Turn-A and G-Reco are set up, Raraiya's G-Lucifer could be taken from blueprints of a prototype Moonlight Butterfly suit made before the Turn-A. The whole thing is really oddly laid out.
>>
>>14196104
>In the episode where the Dark History is revealed you can see clips from the previous shows
>includes Amuro fighting Zakus, Domon/Sai Saici's fight at the tournament, and Wing Gundam
>this is referred to by Queen Diana and Gym as the "Dark History," and is never questioned in-universe as anything other than fact

Wow anon, it's almost like you didn't watch the show but want to correct people on the internet because you read the wiki, and the wiki HAS to be right all the time!
>>
>>14205021

Did you link to the wrong post or something? Nothing you typed has anything to do with anything I wrote and I clearly said the Wiki has lots of misinformation.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.