/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While the dialogue descended into incomprehensibility a handful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Brain Powerd.jpg (23KB, 200x283px) Image search: [Google]
Brain Powerd.jpg
23KB, 200x283px
While the dialogue descended into incomprehensibility a handful of times, literally everything else ( save some of the quality animation) in this show more than makes up for it. I would give it an 8/10.

> Great music
> Great world building and atmosphere
> Great characters
> Great voice actors
> The purest form of Tomino themes
> Great fight choreography
> Simple plot that utilizes just enough twists and asides without getting convoluted
> Great Mecha design
> Orphan was a great concept
> etc

For years I was told that Brain Powerd was a bad show. And while it does have some flaws I didn't find that they hurt the experience much. Hime especially was wonderful, she was like the best parts of Sochie and Dianna condensed into one character.
>>
Anon stop listening to anti tomino shitposters and form your own opinion, like you just did.
>>
>>14192462
Don't forget

>Villain fucked the main character's sister AND mother

Jonathan was absolutely glorious.
>>
File: 1454959370983.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454959370983.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>14192636
>Jonathan was absolutely glorious.

Jonathan is a severely underrated villain.
>>
>>14192752

My favorite part about Jonathan was the way he walked around with that deranged grin on his face with his hands on his chest. Such a deranged fucker without being an edgy cardboard cut out. The little quirks Tomino gives his characters are great. Jonathan was great.
>>
I think it's a little too on the confusing side for the first decent handful episodes and not in a good way. Once everything starts falling into place, though, it's pretty darn good, yeah.

If only the animation and fight choreography could've been more consistent. You have these teleporting organic mecha and half the time they're just lazily ramming head on into each other.
>>
>>14193769
Let me add that when the choreography actually was good, it shined pretty well. It's just that matter of consistency that I mentioned.
>>
>>14192636
wait what??? did the mom know he fucked her daughter???
>>
Yuu was genuinely autistic, right? It's the only explanation that makes sense.

Also his reaction to Jonathan was the greatest thing ever.

>I fucked your sister!
>Well that...upsets me, but she's a grown woman and who she decides to sleep with is her decision.
>And your mother!
>FUCK YOU I'LL KILL YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!
>>
>>14192462
>While the dialogue descended into incomprehensibility a handful of times
I'll never understand why people are retarded enough to blame the show itself for their shit subs.
>>
>>14193926

>Yuu was genuinely autistic, right?

Yes, a great autist at that. He reminded me of Kamille allot.

>>14193934
I dunno. Most Tomino shows have this issue - it could be that we are just really bad at translating Tomino dialogue. But I have heard that Japanese people have similar complaints.
Either way it was'nt a huge deal, nor was it all that frequent. It isn't hard to figure out what they are getting at by the context of the scene.

>>14193917
We never actually see him with Quincy like that, or anything to suggest that they actually did anything, other than that scene. Jonathan was crazy as well, so who knows if that even happened.
>>
File: brainfucked.jpg (37KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
brainfucked.jpg
37KB, 704x480px
>>14194002
>>14193926
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qopVp43tSAg

best music in Brain Powered, it sounds like Blade Runner
>>
>>14194055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGbpWZsITcM
>>
File: HERRROOOOO.jpg (185KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HERRROOOOO.jpg
185KB, 1600x1000px
>>14193926
I salute that man
>>
File: 40211030_p0.jpg (567KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
40211030_p0.jpg
567KB, 1200x849px
I think the show does the whole parent/child relationship very well, It doesn't come across as pretentious or forced, it feels very genuine.

Most of the characters I really like as well, Especially Quincy Issa. Jonathan love is also gold, especially with his I'LL GET EVEN WITH WOMEN AND WITH MY MOTHER lines.

The music is absolutely phenomenal even if it doesn't fit scenes as it should, but honestly it's probably my favorite Yoko Kanno score.
Mech designs are also some of my favorites from Nagno.

It's a flawed show, but I really love brain powerd.
>>
File: Motherfucking Jonathan.jpg (34KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
Motherfucking Jonathan.jpg
34KB, 704x480px
>>14193763
>Such a deranged fucker without being an edgy cardboard cut out.
The trick is that Jonathan was so deranged it was borderline comedy, and not just for the whole "I fucked you're sister AND you're mum", he was just so over the top in behaviour, voice and faces that you really couldn't take it seriously. I mean, look at the guy.

It's the same as Yazan, it's edgy in theory but in practice is a barrel of laughs.
>>
>>14194069

I like this track allot personally. It really foreshadows the battle music in Turn A.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxHQjvfrZ2w
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.