[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be real for a minute here /m/. Real talk. If someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 19

File: Gihren and Degwin Zabi.jpg (79KB, 620x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Gihren and Degwin Zabi.jpg
79KB, 620x1000px
Let's be real for a minute here /m/.

Real talk.

If someone like Gihren Zabi cropped up in the real world and started rallying people for a rebellion, coup de grac, new independent nation, or whatever, how many of you would actually support him? And I don't mean +1 a status on Facebook tier support, I mean going to the local Zeon recruiting office and enlisting?
>>
does he have robots?
>>
>>14189319
If I get to pilot a robot and play "Ai senshi" during battle, then sign me the fuck up.
>>
File: 1420778643317.png (109KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1420778643317.png
109KB, 320x240px
It depends on what they're wanting to rebel against and the principles of the new nation, but if I agree with them then sure. If there were giant robots involved I probably wouldn't be physically fit to pilot one anyway.
>>
File: 1386114345855.png (140KB, 467x490px) Image search: [Google]
1386114345855.png
140KB, 467x490px
>Real talk
>If someone like Gihren Zabi cropped up in the real world and started rallying people for a rebellion, coup de grac, new independent nation, or whatever
>>
>>14189376
>I probably wouldn't be physically fit to pilot one anyway.
So long as you're not legally or actually blind it's not like they couldn't MAKE you fit to pilot.
>>
>>14189319
>terrorist advocating race mixing who dropped the Twin Towers ON the US
>>
File: daryl.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
daryl.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>14189380
>>
>>14189380

Then sure assuming they'd be able and willing to take care of my health problems well enough in exchange for me putting my life on the line in a machine.
>>
File: sad jap.jpg (173KB, 1010x810px) Image search: [Google]
sad jap.jpg
173KB, 1010x810px
>>14189407
Daryl had a hard life. ;_;
>>
>>14189319
Depends where you were living, if you were living in some third world tyrannic shithole then yeah Zeon would make a good option.

But in the first world you'd think what the fuck is Trump up to now.
>>
>>14189319
Zabi dictatorship was backed by the bourgeosie of Side 3 (for example, the origins of Shin Matsunaga from Encounters in Space videogame), so his movement won't be able to do shit if he has no funding.
And even if he would be funded, I wouldn't support him either. Instead of exploring space and evolving the humanity into newtypes, Girhen promotes the idea of superiority of spacenoids over earthnoids, which is old as fuck and divides humans instead of uniting them as futurous newtypes.
>>
>>14189319
I like Zeon and all, Sieg Zeon, but Ghiren was literally space Hitler. I'd freeze myself and join ZAFT or something if I had to choose, at least then I'd get to be in an organization that isn't morally reprehensible.
>>
>>14189319
Fuck no not gonna get blown up in some shit hole battlefield for the new madman dictator.
>>
File: 1461492904657.jpg (59KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
1461492904657.jpg
59KB, 680x497px
>>14189319
Nah,

I'll join the Federation instead so I can wipe you Zeek fucks out.
>>
File: sd_zaku.png (222KB, 512x400px) Image search: [Google]
sd_zaku.png
222KB, 512x400px
>>14189319
Not immediately, but if I started seeing "RED COMET SINKS 5 AT LOUM" or "CRIMSON LIGHTNING DOES IT AGAIN" in the newspapers I would probably be motivated enough to join up.
>>
>>14189319
>implying I wouldn't have joined up with the Feds
TONK STRONK
>>
In the good old USA? No. Hypothetical other country? Not likely. Rebellions often result in worse or equally terrible leadership to arise, especially if it isn't made up of an established group of people that share a prior history or a group that was under imperial rule. Side 3 is actually a good example, they were a progressive-thinking hotbed of political activity prior to the revolution and had nearly 80 years of culture. If it weren't for the mass murder and Nazi stuff they could really be seen as sympathetic. But today I can't imagine a group that would desire to enact the ideals of the Principality, or even the Republic of Zeon. None that could succeed and none that I would support goes without saying.
>>
>>14189319
It would be way more fringe than far right /pol/ groups .Secondly only zeekfags will join it for giggles instead of actually involving in it seriously.
>>
Problem with this OP's question is you're also given all the intentions and knowledge of what said leader like Gihren is planning. It's safe to assume the media was under a tight muzzle during the build up to and during the war. So all the stuff Feddie apologists like to trot out like Zeon's attack of the Federation aligned Sides at the start of the war, wouldn't be general knowledge, and even if it was, they were considered enemies and needed to be disposed of in order to achieve victor. Also the choose people argument only started at Baoa Qu, and it's hard to see if it was what Girhen believed all along or if it was a means to rally the troops since the winner of that battle would have won the war.

Also it's hard to say how well Zeon would do if it was just a nation on Earth as opposed to being a cluster of colonies on the far side of the moon. Mainly because they'd be susceptible o every time of terrestrial and aerial attack.

>>14190082
Hard to say if they were the Bourgeoisie in Marxist sense and not just the political establishments and the families that benefited from supporting the right people based on what we know. The Zabis came to power after Zeon passed away, but that was in part because Degwin was Zeon's second, he took out any rival factions to make sure infighting wouldn't occur in Side 3's government. I would not believe that it was just the Bourgeoisie that allowed Degwin to take power because in the most lucrative fields like Military R&D, they had multiple companies vying for contracts. If the wealthy and well connected had any sort of influence, you'd see these become no-bid contracts and not rewarded to the company that made the 'best' weapon for the job.

>>14190186
>I'd freeze myself and join ZAFT
>Thinking they'd allow an inferior being like yourself to even set foot in the PLANTs.
>>
>>14194348
>Hard to say if they were the Bourgeoisie in Marxist sense and not just the political establishments and the families that benefited from supporting the right people based on what we know
I think that if Zabi wasn't a successful businessman, he wouldn't be able to be much of a help to Zeon movement.
For example: Indian independence movement was led by the "national" bourgeosie - those who have benefited from making India an independent subject in economical relations (unlike "comparador" bourgeosie, who benefited from the support of the foreign ruler - the brits/the earthnoids).
> I would not believe that it was just the Bourgeoisie that allowed Degwin to take power because in the most lucrative fields like Military R&D, they had multiple companies vying for contracts.
I suppose that there was almost no military facilities on Side 3 until the death of Zeon Deikun. All they have produced is light firearms, uniform and armor. Again, I suppose that Zeonic and Zimmad companies have partly belonged to a government (or the investors and owners were tied pretty tight with the state, like Krupp family, owners of Daimler-Benz, BMW and other big companies in Nazi Germany).
>>
>>14189319

If I get a giant robot I would throw away my Trump hat and sign up for Zeon.
>>
>>14189376

How fat are you?
>>
File: judau.jpg (28KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
judau.jpg
28KB, 349x400px
>>14189513
>mfw Trump wins and establishes a glorious new order with 'murrican Zakus.

You know, at this point, would anyone really be surprised? This entire year has been so absurdly surreal.
>>
>>14194462
Degwin Zabi was a shred politician, there is no doubt, it's a matter of finding out how much of a successful businessman he was since politics are business are two separate things even if it looks like they intersect often. Also you have to remember that during the Hitler conversation, Degwin told Girhen that the reason he turned Zeon into a Principality was to quickly unify the people in order to fight for Zeon Zum Deikun's ideals. Now if that would have involved a violent war for true independence, we don't know. (In the case of Origin's version of Deikun, it's implied he wants to declare war on the Earth Federation.) Another thing to note that you never see any of the wealthy citizens or heads of corporations throughout the series. This gives an impression that it's the Zabis that are in charge, with or without the support of the bourgeosie of Side 3,

As for military connections, yeah. Side 3 only had a self defense force when they declared independence and turned it into a free standing army in response to the Federation's massive arm's build up. But none of Zeon's major manufactures (Zeonic, Zimmad or MiP) were part of the government and all civilian owned. In regards to connections, the Zeon government tended to select the best suit for the job so it's much less likely that the executives of the companies had influence over the government. (Otherwise you'd see Zeonic hold an iron grip on mobile suit production and Zeon wouldn't have adopted the Dom for terrestrial combat and stayed with the Gouf.) Plus there were issues of industrial sabotage. (Like Zeonic leaking the information about the Zudah to the Federation.)
>>
>>14194623
I'll reply later, it's 4:00 AM here
>>
>>14194651
You'd be surprised how long threads last on /m/ in comparison to some of the other boards my European associate.

I remember when threads lasted for over a week

Marked for deletion, old
>>
>>14194348
>Also the choose people argument only started at Baoa Qu,

Objectively wrong. The 'Zeon is the chosen people!' thing was also in the Garm funeral speech. (The movie version to be exact, so you can't use your usual 'It's not canon because I say so' argument)

>it's hard to see if it was what Girhen believed all along or if it was a means to rally the troops since the winner of that battle would have won the war.

Yeah, let's just completely ignore that time he told his father about his plans to cull the population to make way for the superior people after the war.
>>
>>14189319
gihren was comedically evil so no, you don't really see any charisma from him at all
>>
File: 1455084742914.gif (2MB, 335x285px) Image search: [Google]
1455084742914.gif
2MB, 335x285px
I would because they kinda had a join or die thing going on. At least I would get to pilot a MS before a white devil slaughtered me.
>>
>>14194508
It really has been a weird fucking year.
>>
>>14196045
I'm really braindead, what are some things besides dead musicians and Trump? Thanks, I literally can't think right now
>>
>>14194623
Politics and business are never separate. Economical situation dictates everything.
>no wealthy citizens
Gineas from 08th MS. Shin Matsunaga's family is mentioned, but not seen in the game.
>>
File: 1462318715243.png (444KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462318715243.png
444KB, 1000x1000px
>>14189319
>Real talk.
>If someone like Gihren Zabi cropped up in the real world and started rallying people for a rebellion, coup de grac, new independent nation, or whatever, how many of you would actually support him?

I have four strong words for you sir...
>>
File: 1457481696587.png (320KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1457481696587.png
320KB, 900x900px
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>14194670
Sure that wasn't just how they translated it? Wouldn't be the first time you screwed up.

Or the fact that the less people there are, the easier it would be to actually keep uprisings from occurring and another war breaking out?

>>14196313
Both feed off each other, but they are never at the hip unless it's a something akin to crony capitalism or an oligarchy. Also I never said no wealthy citizens so don't create items out of context.
>>
>>14199439
>Sure that wasn't just how they translated it? Wouldn't be the first time you screwed up.

It's not my fault that you haven't bothered watching the movies that you claim are the One True Canon.

>Or the fact that the less people there are, the easier it would be to actually keep uprisings from occurring and another war breaking out?

Only a Gihren-cocksucker like you would use this excuse to justify genocide. Using this retarded logic, the Federation would have been perfectly justified in slaughtering every man, woman and child in Side 3, you know, to nip any future Zeon remnant uprisings in the bud. Of course, if they actually did that, you'd probably be the first to trot it out as proof of how Evil the Federation is like the hypocritical little shit that you are.
>>
>>14200648
Well excuse me for enjoying Doug Stone's rendition the most.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk2vrRKel6k

>Bwa Mum genocide!
So are you going to deny the fact that larger groups of people bring with it larger amounts of separate interests and conflict? And the only way to end that conflict is to reduce the population as a whole? You're not looking at this from the big picture.

As for the why Federation didn't wipe out Side 3, it's because they barely had any forces left for the push on Side 3. (They probably had enough to destroy it though.) and it would increase the risk of the remaining colonies turning on the Federation. Which happened in Zeta anyway.
>>
>>14201087

> And the only way to end that conflict is to reduce the population as a whole?

Putting aside that that's a horrible solution that only pushes the problem off at best, rather than solving it it's neither the only solution (though I'm not even sure what problem you think it's about) or even guaranteed to work as a short term thing, since those left might still find issue with it (whatever it is), rather than genocide making it a non-issue or giving people other, more immediate issues.

It's also at least part of why people think you're a Nazi, because that's a rather authoritarian and fascist solution to any problem. It really is 'baw, muh genocide', because most people would find it objectionable. The fact you don't is why people suspect you're a Nazi.
>>
File: REMOVE_ZEON.png (309KB, 831x767px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE_ZEON.png
309KB, 831x767px
>>14201087
>You're not looking at this from the big picture.

I see. So when are you going to do your duty to society and kill yourself? After all, we need to start reducing the population, right? So put your money where your mouth is.

> it would increase the risk of the remaining colonies turning on the Federation
>implying they wouldn't be cheering on the Federation on for wiping out the monsters that murdered 3 Sides.
>>
They are called Califa
>>
Depends. Would we be living in a colony asking for independance or a nation asking for independance. I'm an Ukranian so lets say Big Brother Russia invaded and began pulling shit like what the British did to American colonists than yes I would definatly rally around Degwin. If we were just occupied I would join more of a freedom fighter movement
>>
>>14201087
>And the only way to end that conflict is to reduce the population as a whole?
Fucking zeeks, man. Fucking zeeks.
>>
Char zeon> Neo zabi Zeon>>>>>>>>>>>>Original Zabi Zeon
>>
>>14189319
definitely would support if the government was a dickshit like feddies
fuck feddies
>>
>>14201197

What exactly do the Feds do that's so bad that Zeon hasn't deserved?
>>
>>14201197
>I think this government sucks
>So I'll support a government that's even worse than they are!

Zeekfag logic, people.
>>
>>14201228
Seems to be the basic result of every single vote held in the USA.
>>
>BK doesn't take the Japanese auto-generated subtitles of the Japanese version and run them through google translate once or twice to get the REAL, UNBIASED version of the events
Fucking retard, probably thinks that film can refer to literally anything other than a movie. Right guise?
>>
>>14198978
>>14198983

AWOOOOOVEMENT!
>>
>>14201134
I think it can be safely said that this is how Black_Knight's thought process operates:
-Gihren says its good = RIGHT
-Gihren says its bad = WRONG

He's at the point where even Anavel Gato would look at him and go: "The fuck is wrong with you?'
>>
>>14201087
>defending Gihren's policy

Stop making us zeeks look bad you worthless ass. Is being retarded a prerequisite for getting a trip?
>>
>>14201221

Raped a Puru.
>>
>>14201239

Back to le reddit, Berniefag.
>>
>>14201369
what does hamburgers have to do with this?
>>
>>>/isis/
>>
>>14201183
Cвидoмый?
>>
We are already doing it, he is called Donal Trump.
>>
>>14201868
Trump'd be one of the dudes who own those space concret pipes.
>>
File: 1210902682751.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1210902682751.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>14201134
>>14201152
First off, look at history and how conflicts are normally resolved and what happens when you remove strong centralized government from a region. The whole idea of something or someone being able to unify humanity will NEVER happen. Unless it's an external threat that will wipe out all of humanity, or something like a post scarcity society being created that also manages to do away with all the biases of modern society. The reason why is simple, human nature and the desire to be better than others. This of course is easily applied to politics, ethnicity, and every field of conflict that fuels war. If you leave people to their own devices, they will find a way to create conflict. Also if there is a vacuum of power, people will create power by invoking their own within the vacuum in order to dominate others.

The continued attempts to frame me as a Nazi just shows desperation on your part, you could chose any group in history but your preferred one is the what would gather the strongest reaction from a passer by. Personally, I see it more in line with Thomas Hobbs' social contract. It's like you don't see the benefit of having a strong authoritarian leadership to keep things from falling into chaos. Look at Yugosolvia and how the Soviets managed to keep all those ethnic and religious groups from going at each other. Moment the Warshaw Pact collapses, you have multiple wars and genocide break out for supremacy over the Balkans. Or the strongmen in the middle east and how toppling them have destabilized the region. Or attempts throughout history to completely wipe out rival races. You don't see any Carthaginians these days after what the Romans did to them. It's reality.

Good job posting an image that was taken at Loum, and not posting the follow up show pro Zeon protestors, and then the anti forces killing the pro group, forcing them to leave. Easy decision to mop up rebels . Rest of the posts are just asinine whining.
>>
>>14203431
Loum does not actually exist so no picture was taken there
>>
File: i has plan.jpg (64KB, 744x415px) Image search: [Google]
i has plan.jpg
64KB, 744x415px
people forget: we do not have future sight.

keep in mind that in 1939, Hitler was praised as man of the year by Life magazine, and was hailed as saving German's economy...

the next Hitler is alive now and has a plan to bring justice to the poor or some other great plan, just like Hitler did....
>>
File: Alexander IV, King of Scots.png (222KB, 230x398px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander IV, King of Scots.png
222KB, 230x398px
I already did
>>
>>14203444
Hitler isn't even on the list of 2016's Top 5 Hitlers
>>
>>14203431
>I'm not a Nazi
>I just wank off to Space Hitlet and make excuses justifying him commiting genocide

Methinks you doth protest too much, Nazi.
>>
>>14189513

>Implying I wouldn't rally behind Gihren immediately to get rid of the bloated, bureaucratic EU
>>
File: Hitler in Metric.png (117KB, 1370x294px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler in Metric.png
117KB, 1370x294px
>>14203663
How can he be space Hitler if he doesn't have a space Toothbrush moustache?
>>
>>14203688
i fucking lost it at "84 picohitlers"
FUCKING SAVED
>>
>Alluding to Trump being the next Hitler

Of course /tumblr/ has to shit up the thread.
>>
>>14203936
Nah, Black_Knight already did that.
>>
>>14203936
>/pol/ likes Hitler
>/pol/ likes Donald Trump

Why are you upset?
>>
>>14201087
>Black Knight
>choosing series version over movie version
Dammit, I'm in the wrong dimension again.
I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Svartalfheim...
>>
>>14203984
It's just Black_Knight being a hypocrite as usual and cherry picking the source that backs his position. He's still a Gihren-worshipping Nazi so I'm pretty sure you're still in the same dimension.
>>
>>14189319
>WELL REVIL, YOU GOT YOURSELF CAUGHT. NOW WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR MASTER PLAN.
>>
File: 1457394639618.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457394639618.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>It's a shitposters make more unfounded accusations about me episode.

Because preferring one voice actor over another, means it's the definitive version to those clinging to straws. Ideally, Doug Stone should have read the movie version speech. You seriously don't think Andrew W.K. rendition is better, do you?

Also, I never knew I was a Trump supporter. To secure my support, he'd need to promise that he would be ban and deport all bugs posters in /m/ and build a wall and have /co/ pay for it.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.