[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there something worse than being destroid pilot in Macross?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

Is there something worse than being destroid pilot in Macross?

Even Zentrandi piloting Regulds had it better.
>>
>>14176480
Being on a not Macross-class ship.
>>
>>14176485
Well, that too
>>
File: 1439752283183.jpg (72KB, 718x963px) Image search: [Google]
1439752283183.jpg
72KB, 718x963px
Being an AT pilot in Votoms seems like It fucking sucks dick. And not just because of the fact that AT,s are little mass produced tin cans that can be penetrated super easy and that AT pilots themselves are dime a dozen and their lives are worth very little and are very replaceable for the most part but also because of the fact that both factions are super corrupt and full of backstabbing.
>>
>>14176480

I wonder what Destroids are meant for? Variable Fighters are meant for attacking Zentradi in case they have to go up close. Destroids are just there. It'd be nice, if somewhat redundant if they transformed in to tanks or APCs or something.
>>
>>14176537
VFs are more of an offensive machine.
Destroids are mostly responsible for the defence side of things, that's why they do stuff like AA and artillery, and they are also vital for Daedalus/Macross Attack
>>
>>14176542
Valkyries explode exactly the same as destroid when hit.
Its just that valkyries are very agile and can avoid enemy fire ro even shot down missles with lsers.
Destroids are just sitting ducks.
>>
A VF pilot in Macross 7.
>>
>>14176554
>Destroids are just sitting ducks.
They are responsible for artillery and AA, basically defence and support.

They are also stated to be cheaper to produce than a VF iirc.
>>
I mean, being a guncannon pilot it MSG Can be pretty shit. Especially if you count what happened in thunderbolt. Those kids got railed, not a Feddie fan so I didn't really care but yeah.
>>
File: beatrice.jpg (147KB, 800x614px) Image search: [Google]
beatrice.jpg
147KB, 800x614px
>>14176480
>Is there something worse than being destroid pilot in Macross?

Not even making the Destroid piloting academy.

Imagine being one of the drivers for pic related in Frontier.
>>
>>14176621
this is just sad
>>
>>14176621
Well if your going to go outside of actual mecha or something then just about any series will do, I mean being an Infantry man in Muv Luv would probably be pretty fucked up.
>>
>>14176677

OP didn't specify only mecha pilots too, but sure, we'll go your way, then.

I still think Reguld pilots have the shorter stick. Nobody's going to order a Destroid pilot to jump his unit into space to fill in for VFs lost to fire; as is reasonable, the Destroid is for defence.

On the other hand as a battlepod pilot you and your unit are supposed to be able to operate anywhere despite the Reguld being just overall shitty compared to the rest of all Zentraedi hardware that you could have had - or even the human VFs starting from the VF-1. Imagine fighting the Vajra in a battlepod.

Being the pilot of a Gnerl Zentraedi fighter is probably neck-to-neck with being a Reguld pilot, but the Gnerl isn't a giant robot, so let's leave put that aside.
>>
File: OZ-06MS.gif (14KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
OZ-06MS.gif
14KB, 270x320px
Being an OZ MS pilot. All of your available MS are made of paper and shameful tears, all of your friends get hacked to bits by Deathscythe, and you are put out of work by Mobile Dolls
>>
>>14176832
Also your Leo has no neck and cant turn its head.
>>
>>14176480
Being a Destroid pilot in Battletech.
>>
File: 1441369470867.jpg (723KB, 1492x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441369470867.jpg
723KB, 1492x1080px
>>14176572
Kai turned into James Bond though.
>>
>>14176846
The same machines in Battletech can take more than one shot from an enemy mech and survive, so probably not. I'd rather be a Warhammer than a Tomahawk any day.
>>
>>14176846
Being destroid pilot in Battletech are generally everyone dreams, 'cause battlemech is literally destroid rip off.

Hell, if there anything sucks for you to be in battletech, it'll be infantry. Or BA pilot, even they have seen better days.
>>
>>14176974
Do any other mecha series have to deal with heat as much?

Managing heat is really, really annoying in Battletech. It comes to the point where you have to crawl into a river to vent heat, just so you can fire all your weapons again.
>>
>>14177114

This is why Srin Odessa is the champ, she uses what is basically a glorified tank, 6x CUAC-2s and a Heavy Gauss strapped to a Daishi.
>>
>>14177114

Lost Planet maybe? Heat is a big consideration all round in that game as I recall.
>>
>It's exactly a Rifleman from Battletech

I knew about the legal problems, and that's a fucking blatant ripoff by BT.
>>
>>14176480
Mechanized infantry in Eva?
>>14176537
Garrison, guard duty, point defense turrets on ship, that come with integral powersource and are autonomous. Cheap weapon platform as deterrent.
>>
File: Hellstar.jpg (136KB, 477x517px) Image search: [Google]
Hellstar.jpg
136KB, 477x517px
>>14177114
Maybe if you are in a SHS shitter like a Rifleman.

Once DHS roll around, you end up with mechs that are heat neutral with smart firing, or sink more heat than they could ever possibly generate.
>>
>>14177190
It's not a rip-off, the Battletech creators had LICENSED the designs of the Valkyries and several Destroids to rename them and use them in Battletech, as well as some mecha from Dougram and Crusher Joe.

As you know, Harmony Gold had licensed Macross as Robotech, so when they found out that the Battletech guys had licensed them as well, they sued them.
>>
>>14176537

>cheaper
>im assuming sturdier frame since they don't need to transform
>artillery, AA, basically support roles

also, for what it's worth, the VB-6 is considered a destroid
>>
File: 1418623150996.jpg (854KB, 2400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1418623150996.jpg
854KB, 2400x1200px
>>14177114
Armored Core Nexus. Just that entry though really. The series had the mechanic since the fourth game, but it wasn't really relevant until Nexus, which made it absurdly easy to overheat yourself with ordinary boosting alone to the point where being able to manage heat properly was a crucial element of AC design in that game. Last Raven dialled it back a bit.
>>
>>14177114
That's... kind of the point though. If every 'Mech could fire all their weapons all at once, they'd be Clantech, and nobody likes the Clans.

Besides weapons firing, there's also other factors to consider, like Jump Jets, Flamers (lol), engine crits, and even the more weird stuff like Stealth Armor. Sure, your DHS 'Mech can probably withstand firing its lasers all day on any regular planet, but what are your options going to become if you have to fight on a desert planet with a higher ambient temperature? As compared to that other 'Mech with the autocannons who can't put out as much damage but doesn't care jack shit about the heat?
>>
>>14176480
Being a Type 61 crewman or a GM pilot?
>>
>>14176480
Easy,the grunt soldiers inside lotos
>have to rely on your pilot to hopefully maneuver a portion of space with beans and physical routs everywhere
>inside a cramped room strapped in a mobile suit with 5 other guys
>just getting grazed by a beam could possibly cause your section of the MS to be detached leaving you floating endlessly hoping for rescue
>when you to reach the enemy base you drop on there is a chance for the loto you came in on getting rekt meaning you have to fight your way out against x amount of mobile suits and foot soldiers.
>>
>>14176480

being a mook destroid pilot

your question is like saying it sucks to pilot a VF since 99% of the people we see doing so get wrekt in seconds

i rather be in a destroid than in a tank or ex-gear
>>
>>14177674
Yeah, but fuckers with autocannons are... using autocannons. An AC/5 is gonna be shooting an AC/5 in any heat, but something with seven mediums is still gonna be shooting like five of them if it's too hot.
>>
>>14177627

I don't know exactly how effective SPAAGs are, but VFs and Destroids seem to share the same dynamics as fighters to SPAAGs of today.
>>
>>14178696
Don't forget about Gauss Rifles. [GAUSSWALL INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>14178779
None of the Unseen are wallowsteel mechs though.
>>
File: HT01B_Magella_Attack.jpg (66KB, 469x393px) Image search: [Google]
HT01B_Magella_Attack.jpg
66KB, 469x393px
>>14176480
Being a Public pilot
Being a Magella pilot
>>14176521 is definitely up there
>>
>>14177667
>Dealing with heat
>Forgot about Formula Front and it's stupid Heat-Inducing Linear Rifles
???
>>
>>14176974
Too bad PGI turned the property into a shameless cash grab that only serves to milk cash out of old men who get off on robot costumes.
>>
>>14176621
I remember watching Frontier for the first time after finishing SDF and wondering why the fuck they weren't using destroids.

Destroids did show up latter on, but it was still weird that they would have production lines open for 20th century AFVs in a world of transforming fighter jets.
>>
>>14185099
Well, using VFs or destroids to deal with infantry would be kind of silly.
>>
>>14185212
Do they not have machine guns and flamers?
>>
>>14185212
>>14185493

The Destroid Cheyenne II has no issues in anti-personnel, but the Beatrice is much more suited for city fighting. Presumably, a much less powerful loadout is compensated for by being able to deploy through to places that would be a tight fit even for Destroids, and be able to transport troops. They are easy transports for when you need an armed presence to get around with your troops very quickly without having to coordinate separate elements like a Destroid with footbound troops, but any fighting unit above the size of the Beatrice probably outmatches them easily in all parameters.

They could probably have made a Loto-esque Destroid for Frontier, but apart of defeating the purpose of low-cost equipment for line troops, that question is best saved directly for Kawamori. At least it's sealed for vacuum, so even if you're spaced while driving one, you just need to turn on the transponder and wait.

And hope that no one decides to plink you while spaced, that too.
>>
>>14176832
Leo's were excellent mobile suits though. It just the standard run of the mill OZ soldier was a shit pilot.
Anytime a character of decent skill piloted one they kicked ass.
>>
>>14176841
>robot
>needing to turn its head
RETARD
>>
File: ADR-04-Mk XV Super Defender.jpg (98KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
ADR-04-Mk XV Super Defender.jpg
98KB, 500x443px
>>14176480
Modern version that Macross Galaxy uses.
>>
File: D-50C-Loto-Model.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
D-50C-Loto-Model.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>>14185559
>They could probably have made a Loto-esque Destroid for Frontier, but apart of defeating the purpose of low-cost equipment for line troops, that question is best saved directly for Kawamori. At least it's sealed for vacuum, so even if you're spaced while driving one, you just need to turn on the transponder and wait.

Quite simply Kawamori not able to come up with a normal residential transformer, and as a result of Macross has already lost in this respect Gundam...

By the way, some people mistakenly claim that Lotto was literally destroyed in Palau...
>>
File: Dopp.jpg (44KB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
Dopp.jpg
44KB, 400x253px
There is NOTHING worse than piloting a Dopp. If
I had a dollar for every time they reused the Dopp explosion stock footage in 0079 I would have a much larger Gunpla collection
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.