[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did /m/ lie to me? They said IBO was tanking so bad that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: s2.jpg (148KB, 506x874px) Image search: [Google]
s2.jpg
148KB, 506x874px
Why did /m/ lie to me? They said IBO was tanking so bad that there was no way it would get a second season, and they are getting a second season and side material. They said IBO was switching directors, and Nagai is interviewed here talking about the story he wanted to tell in S1 and how he will be staying on board for S2. They said the writers would switch out, but the majority of them are staying, as well as the rest of the staff. I just don't understand why /m/ would lie to me, that's all.
>>
>>14167794

> people on the internet
> taking rumors, shit posting, hear say and their own hopes as facts and having them propagated by other people who believe it because they want to or don't know any better
> surprising
>>
>>14167794
No one knows whats going on with anime. All they can do on here is vaguely guess based on some loss numbers. Its not lying its more like they just speculated wrong.
>>
>>14167821
We do know what's going on. In fact, a lot of us were calling out the retards on here for posting fake sources or taking 2ch nip shitposting as sources but were shouted down.
>>
>>14167794
>and side material
every god damn gundam gets at least one.
>>
>>14167794
>They said IBO was tanking so bad that there was no way it would get a second season
This was before the announcement at the end of the season. People were stipulating that there's a large chance that they wouldn't make a second season since it was performing rather poorly.

>They said IBO was switching directors
We only really hoped, and it looks like our dreams have been crushed.

>They said the writers would switch out, but the majority of them are staying, as well as the rest of the staff.

See the previous response.
>>
>>14167794
/m/ lies a lot.
Anything you read on /m/, it's a lie.
ESPECIALLY THIS POST
>>
>>14167836
It wasn't just hoping. You guys were posting fake interviews and fake excerpts and tweets and "speculation" from jp fans as if it means it's canon. And no one here actually proved it was performing that poorly, not to the point of having no potential for a second season (You usually just need to do mediocre to get one) , it just turned into retarded circular back and forths about ratings and timeslots and comparisons.

>>14167835
It's actually anticipated and is tying in to the second season, preorders were heralded in jp media and it seems to basically have more interest than a lot of gundam side material. Just like IBO is making up for shit in bluray sales and doing decent (but not amazing) in gunpla.

You guys lied to me. I'm never trusting you guys again and am going to kill myself now.
>>
>>14167859
>It's actually anticipated and is tying in to the second season
Like the 00 and AGE side material
>anticipated
>more interest

Now who's lying?
>>
>>14167868
Why are you getting into semantics and comparing it to people who were posting straight up fake charts, passing off angry sweaty nip speculation as "insider information" and fake announcements of staff changes on twitter.
>>
File: nothing.jpg (57KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
57KB, 400x367px
Nagai is staying?
>>
>>14167875
Why are you making a big deal out of fucking nothing? Every Gundam gets side material, where's your fucking proof that IBO is the exception or is anticipated?
>>
File: 1424588876531.gif (576KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
1424588876531.gif
576KB, 500x306px
>>14167829
Good. I was being kinda general in my post but as long as you have have your sources thats fine.
>>
File: 1460613871577.gif (777KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1460613871577.gif
777KB, 400x224px
>>14167889
I want to kill myself because of you guys. If I could kill you all first it would be best but this deception is enough to push me to suicide. Everything I found out today set me back and I just want to end it all. You're all liars and I hate you.
>>
>nagai-okada mashup still
you don't give a man hope just to take it away.
>>
>>14167794
A second season was planned from the start, had nothing to do with how the series reception was since it was always going to run for a year.

It is a proven fact that IBOs ratings were low even lower than AGE. Sales were only marginally better than G-Reco and that's because v1 was half priced and came with a promo code. Never fucking listen to /m/ in regards to Gunpla sales since data is never released for those, all I can say is that we have a lot of Graze.
>>
Nagai and Okada really are such a bad team, because she's all about grimdark and basically wasting your time with character regression and lack of pay off and follow through, while Nagai is incredibly naive about all of the kinds of emotions Okada would ideally like to cover in her edgy stuff, as well as very naive about politics and under-researched on the scale of things he's trying to take on. If either of them had someone different to temper their weaknesses it would be another situation entirely, something decent could at least come out of it. As it is it's a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>14167923
There you go talking bullshit. Can all of /m/ at least admit they have no idea how this business works or what measurements and standards they use to hedge their bets and gauge what to further invest in? It's a business none of you are in and in a country that has even a different subculture within its "gundam fans" than the west has.

Can you prove that a company ordered two seasons of a show before it even aired because that's utter bullshit, to order about 50 episodes without knowing how something will do is absolutely ridiculous, not even Gundam gets that kind of hedge.
>>
>>14167859
Some people just like to see the people who like a show and the people who dislike a show get into screaming arguments with each other (see: every G-Reco thread ever).

It's best to ignore any thread/post that claims to have information about gunpla sales (Bandai doesn't release this, all we ever "know" is reports from people in hobby shops showing that one store having a bunch of one gunpla and being sold out of another) or ratings charts that are in kanji because sometimes they're not even ratings charts and every other time it's always just
>but I have THIS source
>implying that's a reliable source
>but I also have THIS source
>they're just quoting your first "source"

If you like a show, watch it and enjoy it. There's no reason to feel the need to validate your opinion of a show by attempting to prove its worth with sales charts.
>>
/m/ is usually wrong on everything and are just contrarian and obsessed with Tomino and UC, except now they also retcon and pretend Gundam 00 was loved here. Anyway you're best just not watching season 2 if the news makes you sperg out too much.
>>
>>14167935
>There you go talking bullshit.
Nothing he wrote was bullshit, you just need to lurk more.
>>
>>14167935

> to order about 50 episodes without knowing how something will do is absolutely ridiculous, not even Gundam gets that kind of hedge.

> every Gundam series from 0079 to at least Destiny was planned for roughly 50 episodes and bought that air time to facilitate it

> that's 10 full tv series
>>
>>14167959
not the dude but just asking, why have certain series not gotten 2nd seasons and why was the disappointment here about them?
>>
>>14167959
And it's not like IBO was expensive to produce. Look at their animation. People are phoning it in so it's probably pulling in enough profit to justify this.
>>
>>14167935
> to order about 50 episodes without knowing how something will do is absolutely ridiculous

Gundam Seed.

You know, when they nearly killed the franchise between X, the 20th anniversary shit, and Turn A.

They used the same model for 00 too and used the first season to gauge the reaction and sales, then "fixed" the second season to match the general tastes and trends that appeared in season 1 including leaning towards designs that proved more popular.

Even back in the day the original Gundam nearly bombed, and somehow gunpla sales saved it and got it movies. Then they ordered a fully year of Zeta, and then immediately ordered more for ZZ. They got cagey for F91 after CCA but still ordered Victory in spite of F91 under performing.

And then they took a chance on G Gundam of all things.

They've been approaching Gundam with far more calculated risks since the whole Seed thing.
>>
OP killed himself. RIP. It's on the news.

Anyway Nagai and Okada still working together kills what little cautious optimism I had.
>>
>>14167935
What are you going on about anon? This show could be making billions and get its own theme park and it would still be SHIT.

Just because it is getting a second season or whatever doesn't change that.
>>
>>14167935
>*2.56% 2011 機動戦士ガンダムAGE
>*2.27% 2015 鉄血のオルフェンズ

Can't really lie about something like ratings which can easily be found in the archives.
>>
>>14167973
Alright, this makes sense. To me, it seemed ridiculous, but I was going by western standards of ratings, which are not tied in to merch really save for a few franchise. Does this mean Gundam shows rarely do stellar in ratings save for a couple of exceptions? What's really baffling me is how /m/ was making its predictions of "no s2" when this is apparently common knowledge -- that two seasons are almost always preordered. So why did anyone believe that?
>>
>>14167973

They didn't order more for ZZ, and couldn't have done so only after Zeta because ZZ aired literally one week after Zeta finished. They'd have to have ordered it at least a few weeks before Zeta finished to get it on the air.
>>
>>14167979
didn't that just prove random unexplained drops for certain episodes? i heard ibo had consistently inconsistent ratings, just constant tuning in and dropping off, which is why i'm surprised it's doing pretty decent in BD sales.
>>
>>14167943
Ah finally a voice of reason.

Most of my favourite anime didn't make huge profits, who cares?

And goddammit google a hamburger is not a sandwich you barbarians.
>>
>>14167997
Yeah, this is what I thought. I admit I've just been watching the thread quietly because I don't know how any of this shit works as there is no correlation to quality and reception of the show and actual continuation of it in some cases.
>>
>>14167975
At this point it's best to just abandon ship, since it'll be another round of "stretch this arc as much as possible before she gets her turn". There's no telling what usual Gundam staples will be taken too long to unfold this time.
>>
>>14168007

It's not verified anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sunrise bought two years of blocks for Zeta and ZZ before Zeta even aired considering the timeline of when they aired and how one was always meant to tie in to the other.
>>
>>14168011
It sucks because unlike a lot of /m/, I saw a lot of wasted potential in this show. As in, I actually liked the concepts and I actually liked Tekkadan ...but I hated the pacing, the choice of character direction, and the execution of pretty much everything. They even set up a good world to play around with and did nothing interesting with it, so yeah, I have no reason to believe anything will change now.
>>
>>14167794
>I just don't understand why /m/ would lie to me, that's all.

I just don't understand why you would believe /m/, that's all.
>>
>>14167794
>They said IBO was switching directors, and Nagai is interviewed here talking about the story he wanted to tell in S1 and how he will be staying on board for S2.

That was people mixing up two different Yaraon articles that came out around the same time. Nagai did an interview where he said IBO was based more around Hiroshima Yakuza disputes than war around the same time the animation director tweeted he was leaving the show and something about how it wasn't worth it to fix up the BDs.
>>
>>14168050
That wasn't the animation director that tweeted it. That was someone else quoting him. Also there are no articles to mix up since one is a tweet and one is an interview.
>>
>>14167859
/m lied people died
>>
File: 1445018776094.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445018776094.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>a board that is practically founded on lying about Gundam SEED
>expecting it to not be lying about Gundam
>>
>>14168071
how do we lie about SEED?
>>
I think IBO was more boring than outright bad, as far as plot and characters go. Everything was so unremarkable I can't even get angry about it's several issues.
What was truly bad were the animation and pacing, and since there's nothing above average in other areas they bring the whole thing down.
>>
>>14168000
I couldn't tell you. The show never cracked the top 10 and seem to go on interval for most of its run. Most people who buy anime preorder in advance so they'll get it anyways for collection sake
>>14167990
Only two Gundam anime has been canceled due to low ratings the rest has trended fairly well with the exception of Victory, Turn A, AGE and IBO.

IBO was never given an episode count when first announced which is why the second season announcement threw everyone off.
>>
>>14167794
>They said the writers would switch out, but the majority of them are staying

how would you defend this time
>>
>>14168021
>It sucks because unlike a lot of /m/, I saw a lot of wasted potential in this show. As in, I actually liked the concepts and I actually liked Tekkadan ...but I hated the pacing, the choice of character direction, and the execution of pretty much everything. They even set up a good world to play around with and did nothing interesting with it, so yeah, I have no reason to believe anything will change now.

The duo Nagai/Okada tends to be on point with Ano Hana and Anthem of the Heart when dealing with character drama. Why they mess up now? Too many Sunrise executives breathing down their necks?
>>
>>14167794
/m/ is retarded. The collective IQ pooled-together here is 2
>>
>>14168112
26 episodes is still pretty standard for a first season of a show that isn't slice of life and has a low budget though. Especially something spanning fall to spring, which we did know of that. This is why people claiming it wouldn't get a second season are contradicting later claims that second seasons are preordered anyway so it doesn't matter or mean anything. No one should have been dumb enough to believe that it was going to cut off.
>>
>>14168132
I'd say probably. Their works are usually melodramatic as fuck but at least entertaining, something IBO never really managed to be.
>>
>>14167794
/m/ is wrong on most things, lies on most things, works themselves up into rages, clings to nostalgia, are grown adults that collect toys, and half of their complaints about "politics" sound just as stupid as gundam's actual writing on them. They also constantly need shit explained to them that's clear as day when they're trying to criticize something, even though there are actual concrete things, composition and production-wise, to criticize. Overall you're the stupid one for believing them for anything and coming here for anything other than some occasional inside jokes and bitterness.
>>
I marathoned IBO, and honestly I didn't find it half as bad as /m/ made it out to be.
It's still bad, but not quite Destiny level like some make it look like.
Probably going in with very low expectations and not having to wait a week for a whole amount of nothing helped to get more enjoyment out of it.
>>
>>14168148
>/a/freakan projecting this hard
>>
>>14168112
Those ratings are averages, so until we get info on other shows (like Yugioh Arc V, which usually doubled IBO's ratings on any given day) having those drops, they're fair.

>>14168132
Partly because Okada didn't write most of the episodes. Although retarded melodrama is more their trademark, not only did we not get that (alright I almost cried at the end of AnoHana but that doesn't mean it's not shit, I was just being a fag kimi to natsu no owari) but you're right, it could have at least made it over the top.

>>14168158
>not having to wait a week for a whole amount of nothing
That probably helped a LOT. The space portion was particularly bad while airing.
>>
>>14167990
>Does this mean Gundam shows rarely do stellar in ratings save for a couple of exceptions?

Depends on the circumstances. G-Reco has a lower average than IBO s1, 1.8%, but it aired in a timeslot where getting 2% is a big deal It was considered a modest hit.

Or look at Destiny. It's ratings were noticeably lower than SEEDs before the Strike/Impulse battle and there was talk on Japanese blogs about how unpopular it was. Lowest it ever got was like 3.9%. 00 was still a big hit despite having a lower average than Destiny. Wing had an average of 4.25% and was considered so popular Bandai wanted to make a sequel to it, Whereas Victory was unpopular two years prior with an average of 3.89%.

There's enough shows in Gundam's history that could be considered hits.

> What's really baffling me is how /m/ was making its predictions of "no s2" when this is apparently common knowledge -- that two seasons are almost always preordered. So why did anyone believe that?

The two season approach also gives Banrise an emergency exit if things really go tits up. If it doesn't work at all, kill it and move on rather than devote time and resources to making a season 2. Valvrave is an example of this, as didn't go on for many seasons like they originally planned.

With low ratings in such a high-end timeslot, little improvement in video sales over the likes of G-Reco and GBF, and Gunota saying model sales were decreasing around the middle of the show, some people got their hopes up.
>>
>>14168139
>26 episodes is still pretty standard for a first season of a show
Actually you see more 12 episode first seasons than 26, 4-cour split pratically don't exist anymore. There was very little reason to believe IBO was 4-cour split given how the show had set itself up they would literally have to make up a new threat if it got a continuation. With 00 they announced that it would be split up from the start, with AGE it was announced it would run for a complete year with G-Reco Tomino came out ot said it would be 26 episodes but Banrise said nothing about how long IBO would run so you can't really blame anyone for assuming otherwise in anycase with a second season announcement it really does feel like the first season was a complete waste of time.
>>
>>14168168
Why would getting ratings on Arc V change the fact that IBO was a raings bomb? Right now you're just making baseless theories.
>>
>>14168168
So they brought Okada just because it's a well known name associated with sucessfull series? That explains why IBO felt so dry compared to other stuff Okada does though.
Not saying it would be better had she been more involved, it would probably be a completely different kind of bad, and I'd take that over what we got.
>>
>>14168183
I'm saying if Arc V bombed in ratings on the same days as IBO, in sudden interspersed falls, there could be another reason as to why. But until that is proven then we have to assume that it only happened to IBO, which I do believe.

>>14168186
Kind of, I think. She was involved for sure but look at who is listed for "screenplay". http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Comprehensive_Listing_of_G-Tekketsu_Episodes
>>
>>14168197
Yeah, I meant more involved with episode writing, should have made that clear. A lof of IBO's problems came from it being a character driven show with very lacking character interactions.
>>
>>14167889
Im gonna be that guy, but g reco did not get a manga sidestory unrelated to the main cast, only a shitty adaptation of the anime.
>>
>>14168344
G-Reco was never expected to be big, hence why they aired it in the middle of the night.
>>
>>14167794
>Why did /m/ lie to me?
You were trolled.

>They said IBO was tanking so bad that there was no way it would get a second season
You were trolled. Many people in those threads pointed out how that was probably bullshit and a second season was coming.

>They said IBO was switching directors,
You were trolled.

>They said the writers would switch out,
You were trolled.

> I just don't understand why /m/ would lie to m
Notice a theme here?
>>
>>14168359
Thats not the point of the reply. It's to dispute the notion that every gundam gets side material. G reco did not get any side manga.
>>
>>14168021
>nlike a lot of /m/, I saw a lot of wasted potential in this show. As in, I actually liked the concepts and I actually liked Tekkadan ...but I hated the pacing, the choice of character direction, and the execution of pretty much everything.

This is almost exactly the general consensus on /m/ of the show, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>14167835
Reconguista didn't have one. :(
>>
What would happen if IBO s2 would be directed by Fukuda instead?
>>
>>14168426
The Butthurting of our time
>>
>>14168378
G-Reco got a manga
>>
>>14167794
>and Nagai is interviewed here talking about the story he wanted to tell in S1
Like people give a flying shit of what he wanted to tell.
>>
>>14168426
The most glorious threads to ever bless this shithole.
>>
Can IBO's second season be the inverse of 00's second season and actually make good use of the AU setting instead of turning it into more Gundam cliches?
>>
File: 1461604022486.jpg (26KB, 486x719px) Image search: [Google]
1461604022486.jpg
26KB, 486x719px
>>14167794
>. They said IBO was switching directors, and Nagai is interviewed here talking about the story he wanted to tell in S1 and how he will be staying on board for S2. They said the writers would switch out, but the majority of them are staying, as well as the rest of the staff

So s2 is really going to about trip back home.
I want to get off from this ride right now.
>>
>>14168374
>trolled.

What is this?
2004?
>>
>>14167794
Because /m/ is fucking retarded. It's selling slightly better than G-Reco, if IBO is a flop so it's G-Reco. Fucking retards. Age is the only recent Gundam flop, even Try sold ok.
>>
>>14169826

> It's selling slightly better than G-Reco, if IBO is a flop so it's G-Reco.

Yup. It's not like they would expect shows under different circumstances to perform differently, and then set goals accordingly. Because that's not how business is run or anything.
>>
/m/ is a board full of bitter trolls? Who knew
>>
>>14168459
You cant read, side manga.
>>
>>14170320
You're right, I misread. But why wwould there be? There is nothing left to do. But since you guys think having one is special, consider that every entry from UC has one as well as countless others in the time period, G has an extended version of the series' events as well as a prequel, Wing has GoL and FZ and a couple more that are based more on MS designs instead of story, X gas Under the Moonlight at least, not sure what Turn A has, SEED+Destiny have a ton including Astray, 00 has the 00P and 00F and all those side stories, AGE has Eden, Build Fighters has Honoo and and the Amazing files plus a bunch of Beginning G side stories if you count them, G Reco does not have one. So IBO getting it is par for the course.

Having a side story is nothing special and G-Reco is actually an anomaly for not having one.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.