[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About ready to start this shit. Do I watch the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: Seed_destiny01.jpg (94KB, 658x437px) Image search: [Google]
Seed_destiny01.jpg
94KB, 658x437px
About ready to start this shit. Do I watch the original or the remaster?
>>
Remasters for SEED Destiny. Have fun and be a /m/an!
>>
>>14150288
Remaster. Here's a little game to help you enjoy the series a little more.

Take a revolver with one bullet, and spin the chamber every time you start a new episode.

Every time one of the following happens:
>A character from SEED usurps the role of a new character
>Shinn is completely right but is treated as being in the wrong
>Not!Japan is wanked by people who are not from there
>The credits roll
Pull the trigger.

If you survive until the end of the episode, spin the barrel and start over for the next one.
>>
Original, always.
>>
>>14150302
Ate there any huge differences like in SEED?
>>
Original for best ending in Gundam
>>
>>14150323
Remaster actually has an ending.
>>
>>14150323
Better pantyshot.
>>
If you want a better show, go with the Remaster. It fixes a few issues and is generally seen as an improvement over the original.

... BUUUT, if you really want to know why Destiny is so hated you should watch the original. It started with fansubs after all, and there are some major things the remaster fixed.
>>
>>14150509
>It fixes a few issues and is generally seen as an improvement over the original.

Except for the art, and outright changing certain scenes.
>>
>>14150560
That's the SEED Remaster, which for some insane reason used Kira's Destiny character model and applied Hiraiface in places where Hiraiface didn't actually exist before. Destiny already drew Kira as a crying potato, so Remaster doesn't have anywhere to go but up with the art.
>>
File: HD Remaster Before 1.png (371KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HD Remaster Before 1.png
371KB, 640x480px
Watch the original if you want dubbed. Watch the remaster otherwise.

>>14150350
This.

Before...
>>
File: HD Remaster After 1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HD Remaster After 1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14150604
...and after.
>>
Remasters for the first arc.

SE compilations afterwards.

The Remaster of SEED looks really bad, but Destiny's really wasn't that terrible. Some of the early stuff looked pretty good actually.
>>
>>14150570
I've seen some anons claim that SEED-Kira was off-model and he was always intended to look like Destiny Kira. The Remaster "fixed" that.

Which would be sad because official merch uses the "off-model" Kira.
>>
>>14150509
>if you really want to know why Destiny is so hated you should watch the original
This guy gets it. The utter trainwreck of the original ending scarred the franchise so deep so other Gundam production has come close in sheer awfulness.
>>
>>14152020
So can I just watch the HD up until right before the ending and then switch, or is it something that is completely different?
>>
>>14152020

> he forgot AGE
> whose announcement alone was nearly enough to break /m/ it was so badly done
> a show most people stopped watching it was so boring
> and that still managed to have as awful an ending
> brainwashed Flit
> final villain out of nowhere
> savior Kio
> smiling Ezelcant
> 40 year time skip so that it rounds out to 100 years
> and no-one even cared because so few people were watching

The franchise has scarred the fanbase plenty of times since. AGE, Try, G-Reco, IBO. Regardless of your feelings on how good those shows were, people disliked them plenty and had a lot of rage and trolling over them. Which is all that Destiny's end did at the end of the day.
>>
>>14152129
I think he just messed up what he was trying to type. Probably a mobile poster.

I believe he meant
>The utter trainwreck of the original ending scarred the franchise so deep so other Gundam productions have come close in sheer awfulness.
>>
>>14152142

Yes, I get what he meant. I just disagree. I think AGE's announcement alone was probably just as bad and certainly the slap fighting over G-Reco for months and months on end was if nothing else. There's been several things that are at least as bad.
>>
>>14152105

The Remaster has less stock footage, which was a major complaint about the original, as well as scenes from the Special Edition and Final Plus.

If you're going the original route, you may want to start by watching the original version of SEED's ending. There's something there that Fukuda retconed out that really, really makes Destiny look worse. It was first reconned in the compilation movies, which came out like a month before Destiny started but if you see what they changed, you'll begin to realize how much Destiny shits the bed.
>>
>>14152145
No. They are nowhere near as bad. You'd have had to been around when Seed Destiny was airing. AGE was hated from the moment it was announced. Seed Destiny went from being liked to being the most talked about Gundam show for all the wrong reasons. The sheer amount of talk Seed Destiny got across the Gundam fandom was insane.
>>
>>14152182

I was there when Destiny was airing. I still disagree.
>>
>>14152192
Then you're wrong. The fact that people stopped talking about AGE all together yet still bitch about Destiny over 10 years later is a testament to that. The Destiny Wikipedia page at one point was 90% criticism that had Admins lock and leave a message saying no matter how bad the show was the page wasn't meant for that. AGE will never touch Destiny.
>>
>>14152182
>Seed Destiny went from being liked to being the most talked about Gundam show for all the wrong reasons.

This extends to Japan as well. I once heard a Gunota say that from his experience, about 90% of people (I'm guessing other Gundam fans) hate Fukuda and his wife over Destiny.
>>
>>14152198

People barely talked about AGE when it was airing. Of course the finale didn't elicit much response, because no-one was watching. Which was kind of my point. That people were so bored they stopped watching and that it was awful as well as boring. It's announcement got way, way more play than the show itself did. And said announcement still gets brought up when people talk about /m/'s biggest rages. Almost every episode of G-Reco (and IBO) generated negative discussion. Both here and on the internet as a whole. As compared to just part of Destiny.
>>
>>14152198
>Our vocal minority vandalized a Wikipedia page, therefore SEED Destiny is the worst thing ever and AGE isn't so bad
Hm no, AGE is worse on every level.
>>
>>14152236
People barely talk about AGE on /m/. Yet Seed Destiny gets threads weekly. Arguments still rage to this day with people debating Seed Destiny. There was just a thread about Meer being better than Lacus. There was just a thread about Shinn being more skilled than Kira.
No one cares about G-Reco or AGE. People outside of the Gundam fandom know about Seed Destiny. Seed Destiny is synonymous with bad in Gundam. You can make an AGE thread right now on /a/ and it wouldn't get much response. You make a Seed Destiny thread and it'll hit the bump limit. Kira Yamato is a meme known throughout the anime fanbase due to Destiny. Fukuda has been damage controlling the show for 12 years. The seiyuu have talked about the show for over 12 years, the staff have talked about the show for over 12 years, the seiyuu have denounced the show in various ways including not understanding their characters. AGE will never touch Destiny in discussion or terribleness. Ever. You obviously haven't been around since Destiny originally aired.
>>
>>14152247
You're full of shit. AGE has better mech designs, better characters, better fights will less stock footage and a better world. AGE is bad but Destiny is beyond bad.
>>
>>14152236
>(and IBO) generated negative discussion.
Where outside of /m/ did IBO get shat on? All I saw was people going on about how great it was on places like Reddit, and Gundam threads in various forums didn't give a shit about it.
>>
>>14152260

> No one cares about G-Reco

Well now I know you're full of shit.
>>
>>14152260
The show is one of the most popular Gundam shows, of course people still talk about it. You can find just as much positive talk as you can find negative, and indeed, several of your examples aren't even negative, they're just people discussing the show and its characters.
There's nothing to discuss with AGE. At most, people will discuss the question "Is it really 'THAT' bad?".
>No one cares about G-Reco
Nigga I was just in five threads about it yesterday.

>>14152265
Wow, and I was taking you seriously up to this point. Bravo.
>>
>>14152236
>Almost every episode of G-Reco (and IBO) generated negative discussion. Both here and on the internet as a whole.
Bullshit, /m/ is pretty much the only place really shitting on IBO. Other communities actually liked it.
>>
>>14152283
>You can find just as much positive talk as you can find negative

Yeah, you're really full of shit. Show me.
>>
>>14152285

Visit 2ch sometime.
>>
>>14152300
You sure you want to bring the japs into this? It pretty much destroys your argument about G-Reco.

The threads that happened while it was airing has seen to that since posts like your get made so much.
>>
>>14152265

AGE doesn't have a world/setting. It's one of the show's problems (among many).
>>
>>14152310

G-Reco gets lots of discussion here yes. Not sure how that destroys my point, but I'm sure you think it does.
>>
>>14152296
Do you really think the show's fanbase just exists in a vacuum and doesn't use the internet? Google "Gundam SEED Destiny discussion" and almost all of the links on the front page are generally positive.

>>14152300
Semi-frequent 2ch user, this is false. It'd be like saying "Americans hate Call of Duty" by looking at one /v/ thread where they shit on it nonstop. More often than not, IBO conversation there is neutral or positive. One can cherrypick negative posts and portray them as the norm, but that's just not the case.
>>
>>14152327
The only negative in nip sites part, you dolt.

But you know what? I've gotten bored of this shit, so do your cherrypicking crap for the 10000th time all you like. I'm here for the traditional cosmic era bitching, not for the g-reco shitposting.
>>
>>14152335
So you can't show where the Seed Destiny positive discussion is? K. Don't make retarded claims like that again, Light Master.
>>
>>14152340

> Only you're cherrypicking
> I'm telling the truth
> But I'm done now

K.
>>
>>14152343
I just told you what to do in order to see as many examples as you want, but if you're really so lazy, then so be it. I'll link a few random results from the first few pages, all from different sites. I look forward to you dismissing them each out-of-hand because they disagree with your notion that nobody anywhere on the Internet has anything good to say about SEED Destiny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/47lras/spoilersrewatch_mobile_suit_gundam_seed_destiny/
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=252579
http://tay.kinja.com/dexs-review-mobile-suit-gundam-seed-destiny-1482463106

Also, positive SEED Destiny discussion does occur on /m/ as well. Not as often as shitposting threads, but it does happen. Stick around, you might catch one.
>>
>>14152372
I never said there was no positive discussion of Destiny on the Internet. I said that it was the most hated Gundam series. You said that there was just as much positive discussion as negative and then turned around and said.

>Also, positive SEED Destiny discussion does occur on /m/ as well. Not as often as shitposting threads

Which is it smart guy? Most "positive" Destiny threads are usually about people trying to fix it btw. You never see anyone on /m/ praising the plot, battles. politics or characters.
>>
>>14152386
It's not the most hated Gundam series, though. It might have the most vocal hatedom, but it's still immensely popular, and even here on /m/ there are other shows that do worse in polls. I even ran a poll here about a year ago, and AGE and G-Reco did worse than Wing, SEED, or SEED Destiny. Hell, go look at all of the threads that pop up near-daily proclaiming Zeta/G-Reco/IBO to be the worst Gundam show ever. You can't just call something the most hated Gundam series when there are others that receive more or equal amounts of hate with much less support.
>Which is it smart guy?
Both, /m/ doesn't represent the entire Internet. /m/ can lean one way while other places can lean another. /m/ likes to shit on just about everything that's popular. (See: Gundam 0079, Zeta, Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny, 00, Unicorn, Evangelion, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Macross Frontier)

>You never see anyone on /m/ praising the plot, battles. politics or characters.
Incorrect, hang around GSD threads more often.
>>
I'll say it again, even though no one listens to me- watch Destiny right up to the point where Kira gets "killed" - and stop watching before the rise of Jesus Yamato. Assume the story went in a different direction than it did. It's actually pretty good if you think about it like that.
>>
>>14152442
>It's not the most hated Gundam series, though. It might have the most vocal hatedom, but it's still immensely popular, and even here on /m/ there are other shows that do worse in polls. I even ran a poll here about a year ago, and AGE and G-Reco did worse than Wing, SEED, or SEED Destiny. Hell, go look at all of the threads that pop up near-daily proclaiming Zeta/G-Reco/IBO to be the worst Gundam show ever. You can't just call something the most hated Gundam series when there are others that receive more or equal amounts of hate with much less support.

It surely is the most hated Gundam series. You can't talk about vocal hatedom and then bring up Zeta. Zeta gets a mixed response. This show doesn't. IBO has defenders here. This show doesn't.

>Both, /m/ doesn't represent the entire Internet. /m/ can lean one way while other places can lean another. /m/ likes to shit on just about everything that's popular. (See: Gundam 0079, Zeta, Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny, 00, Unicorn, Evangelion, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Macross Frontier)

/m/ doesn't shit on 0079. /m/ doesn't even regularly talk about most of those non Gundam shows. Seed Destiny gets hatred across the internet. From /m/ to Mechatalk to 2ch to Gamefaqs to /a/ etc.

>Incorrect, hang around GSD threads more often.

Don't play this game. I've been here since the show aired. Show me in the archive where people are praising those things.
>>
File: 1454721848877.png (26KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454721848877.png
26KB, 273x200px
>go to watch SEED
>that fucking disgusting art style
Jesus Christ why? I don't know if I can do this anymore.
>>
>>14152473
>IBO has defenders here. This show doesn't.
I see you haven't participated in any of the "Was SEED Destiny really the worst thing ever?" threads.

>/m/ doesn't shit on 0079.
They do all the time. They talk about how it's old and looks like shit and recommend the movies over "MUH SALT" the series.
>/m/ doesn't even regularly talk about most of those non Gundam shows
Don't give me that bullshit. The only one of those that doesn't have a thread talking about it right now is Gurren Lagann, mostly because that show gets shit on to the point where no discussion is possible.
>Seed Destiny gets hatred across the internet.
It also has fans across the internet, and I'm guessing the fandom outweighs the hatedom.

>Show me in the archive where people are praising those things.
I only started browsing /m/ again a few days ago, and I had stopped back in December. I can't link anything recent.
>>
>>14153295
>I see you haven't participated in any of the "Was SEED Destiny really the worst thing ever?" threads.

Why don't you show'em to me. Don't just show them being made. Show the responses. Anybody can make a thread. The responses to said thread are what matter.

>They do all the time. They talk about how it's old and looks like shit and recommend the movies over "MUH SALT" the series.

There hasn't been a devoted 0079 thread in a while. Recommending the movies over the show doesn't prove anything. Salt was one episode. People normally recommend the movies because they cut out a lot of filler like the wacky MA.

>Don't give me that bullshit. The only one of those that doesn't have a thread talking about it right now is Gurren Lagann, mostly because that show gets shit on to the point where no discussion is possible.

Do you know what regularly means? /m/ rarely talks about Frontier, Lagann and Eva. Eva started getting talked about again because of that game. Geass gets talk because of the manga and OVA. That's recent shit.

>It also has fans across the internet, and I'm guessing the fandom outweighs the hatedom.

Which you have zero evidence for.

>I only started browsing /m/ again a few days ago, and I had stopped back in December. I can't link anything recent.

Which means you have zero evidence. If there was no thread like that in the archive which dates back to months you can't say shit. You literally just admitted to not posting on /m/ for a long time and think people are going to take your opinion seriously on a subject you again admit you have no evidence to back up.
>>
>>14153342
>Which you have zero evidence for.

To summarize TV tropes, Destiny is a decent anime and it's only Gundam fans who think it's completely awful. And those anime fans tend to move on to other shows, not stick around and continue discussing it. Just look at what happened to Aldnoah.

And this extends to both sides of the Pacific. The reason they didn't make a third series wasn't because of Morosawa's health, it was because Bandai, to paraphrase their former President, wanted to make a new series that could appeal to teenage boys. Destiny mostly appealed to teenage girls who were more interested in buying CDs and DVDs than Gunpla. Gunota in Japan, even ones who liked SEED, hated Destiny.

There's a reason the old cast gets called out in almost every crossover game for their bullshit. There's a reason why the cast and crew were complaining about the show, and why Samuel Vincent (Athrun's Eng VA) has said he never watched Destiny after reading the scripts despite loving SEED. There's a reason why SEED gets more merchandise than Destiny nowadays. There's a reason why ratings were usually 1-2% lower for Destiny compared to the corresponding SEED episode. There's a reason Fukuda has been doing damage control for over a decade, and why his and his wife's careers died despite the show being a supposed hit.
>>
>>14153529
>,Destiny is a decent anime

Far from it. That even contradicts the later claims of all the cast and crew complaining.
>>
>>14153342
>Which you have zero evidence for.
Nigga, it's one of the most popular Gundam shows. Who in the fuck do you think is going out and buying the merchandise for it and keeping it profitable a decade after it was made?
>>
File: ANN.png (775KB, 4232x1620px) Image search: [Google]
ANN.png
775KB, 4232x1620px
>>14152386
>it was the most hated Gundam series
Source?
>>
Would anyone else recommend simply watching the compilation movies? I switched to the movies halfway through. It has the extended ending from Final Plus and is also dubbed if you prefer that.
>>
>>14153558
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0kZx_R88y4
>>
File: halp.png (33KB, 654x497px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
33KB, 654x497px
>>14153707
>IBO that high
2chan please rescue this franchise
>>
>>14153691
>Who in the fuck do you think is going out and buying the merchandise for it and keeping it profitable a decade after it was made?

If it was so profitable, Bandai would have rereleased the Destiny line for the HD Remaster.

If it was so popular, where's all the cameos in Build Fighters?

If it's so beloved, why can the cast and crew talk shit about it? Or better yet, why does Bandai allow Banpresto, which Bandai owns, to constantly rewrite the show for SRW?

If it's so profitable, why did the President of Bandai say they were making 00 to attract a new audience to Gundam, with one of Bandai's Board Members (who served as producer for SEED) say that Gundam would be dead in a decade if they stuck to the status quo?

If SEED is so great, why did it flop so hard they never aired Destiny in America?
>>
>>14153818
>If it was so popular, where's all the cameos in Build Fighters?
There were cameos, most of them were UC because that has the most content. Holy shit, Sei had CE Gundam models in his cabinet, he is technically a SEED/Destiny fag
>>
Destiny as the worst Gundam show has become a meme. Nothing will ever be worst than Destiny:

- AGE? It was considered kiddy-shit with ugly character designs before it aired; everyone agrees it ranges from average to bad, with the last part being downright bad. But it's considered better than Destiny.

- IBO? Good robot designs, promising characters, good start, then it turns into shit and becomes boring, shallow, cheaply animated, and the end is nothing. But it's still considerd better than Destiny.

- Wing? It has the exact same problems as Destiny: weird character designs, fujoshit, and tons and tons of re-used footage. But it's still considered better than Destiny, though in this case is more due to nostalgia.

Even if the next show is made of still images, bad music, horrible story and character designs, it will still be considered better than Destiny.

Moral of the story? Don't pay too much attention to /m/'s opinion.
>>
>>14153818
>Or better yet, why does Bandai allow Banpresto, which Bandai owns, to constantly rewrite the show for SRW?
Banpresto does that to EVERYBODY, Destiny got a straight story in Scramble Commander 2nd.
>making 00 to attract a new audience to Gundam
You answered your own damn question.
>If SEED is so great, why did it flop so hard they never aired Destiny in America?
America has shit taste, why else do sheeple flock to Chris Stuckman reviews?
>>
>>14153840
>promising characters, good start
And this is a meme!
>>14153809
I know, I did my part and gave it a low score at ANN. If /m/ wants to make a difference than go on there and rank some stuff.
>>
>>14153849
>promising characters, good start
>And this is a meme!
The first three episodes of IBO were legitimately promising, even if a little slow.
>>
File: the day mecha fell.jpg (403KB, 1366x903px) Image search: [Google]
the day mecha fell.jpg
403KB, 1366x903px
>>14153840
I blame Mecha Talk, they shove their hove-minded opinions down /m/'s throats and banned their beast so he'd take it out on us. Gotta say talkies, if ruining /m/ was your intention you did a smashing job!
>>
>>14153858
>The first three episodes of IBO were legitimately promising, even if a little slow.
A LITTLE slow? IBO is slow incarnate and the MC is a monster that required to be put down.
>>
>>14153861
How was that the day mecha fell?
>>
>>14155559

Cause every big discussion point is now a scar on the fan base so bad it'll never recover from it. Didn't you read the thread?
>>
>>14155559
>>14155563
Its been this way since 2013 with vvv you new fags. Probably even longer with zeta threads.
>>
>>14153529
>To summarize TV tropes,
You fucked up.

Although if you want that to be your evidence, that's fine I'm not the guys you've been talking to.
>>
I genuinely like Destiny, but it's very much a guilty pleasure.
Enjoy the pretty boys and TM REVOLUTION, and drown yourself in beer so you can ignore the stock footage.
>>
You should watch the remaster because the old 640 x480 resolution is really painful to look at on a moden monitor.
>>
>>14156121
you say that like the remaster isn't also painful at certain times

resolution isn't everything, Seed's remaster had some godawful effects applied to some scenes, but I think destiny was better done, or at least had less of it
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.