[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/TPUKmt5Jkbg Titanfall 2 Teaser. Gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: 1460390651178.jpg (27KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1460390651178.jpg
27KB, 1024x576px
https://youtu.be/TPUKmt5Jkbg

Titanfall 2 Teaser. Gameplay on June 12th.
>>
File: titanfail.jpg (362KB, 985x963px) Image search: [Google]
titanfail.jpg
362KB, 985x963px
>>14107650
Not /m/

Saged, hidden, reported, called the cops, wrote my congressman
>>
>>14107663
Still makes me die a little inside. You're making a mecha game and you've never seen any Japanese mecha?
>>
>>14107663
You forgot called the President.

Jump in a lake, faggot.
>>
yeah all the epic mechs in the trailer
>>
>>14107650
>not /m/
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>14107668
I will commit hari-kari immediately.

Beforehand however I shall also call the neighborhood watch, commune with the devil, telegraph the constabulatory, send a smoke signal to the Yaghan chief, and holla at yo boys.

>>14107667
>expecting anything good of what amounts to normies running some good-for-nothing AAA studio
>>
>>14107667
>>14107694
If the teaser is anything to go by, they're getting a little less western with their design philosophy.

Giant robot swords are always a good sign.
>>
>Titanfall

That game with the developers with their heads stuck so far up their ass that they think their creation is somehow not mecha and that other mecha is disgusting?

No thanks.
>>
>>14107752
Did a lot of my Titan damage with punches already.
>>
Not /m/ comments aside, wasn't this game just characterized as CoD with parkour and worthless robots? Because I remember one of the biggest complaints being that the supposed titans are a liability rather than an asset to the point where you may as well put them on auto-pilot and have them follow you around and act as a decoy.

Also, by the guys who made CoDpiece, no thank you.
>>
>>14107906
Basically yeah. Generic shooter.
>>
>>14107906
>Not /m/ comments aside, wasn't this game just characterized as CoD with parkour and worthless robots?
The AI was worthless unless it was a PvE game type and the game played a lot like call of duty.

> I remember one of the biggest complaints being that the supposed titans are a liability rather than an asset to the point where you may as well put them on auto-pilot and have them follow you around and act as a decoy.

Depends if you were on xbox or pc. Most of the people I know who tried it on both liked it better on xbox.

Only times I got taken down from full health from just pilots in a titan is being hit from multiple locations and having one on the back of the titan.

The titans also had a few fun weapons.
>>
>>14107906
>anything associated with CoD is automatically bad

That aside, it's similar to CoD, yes. The guns actually have recoil, though. Not a lot, but you have to control the recoil more than you do in CoD. It's a lot faster paced too.
>>
>>14107906
There were a few counter measures you could take against pilots. I never had that much of an issue with them. Also in my experience, the team with titan dominance usually won the game.

Could always be improved, though.
>>
>>14107650
>titans will still be shit
>>
>>14107663

so glad that retard got the ax
>>
>>14107906
> Because I remember one of the biggest complaints being that the supposed titans are a liability rather than an asset to the point where you may as well put them on auto-pilot and have them follow you around and act as a decoy.
If you were a shitter maybe. It's literally not that hard to kill, evade or deter pilots. I went entire matches killing shit in my titan. Granted it's been almost a year since I've played so things could've changed.
>>
>>14108113
>It's literally not that hard to kill, evade or deter pilots.
Pretty much don't know what people were doing letting pilots kill them. When they could of just withdrawn for a bit.
>>
>>14107667
they've seen japanese mecha, you fuckin spergs

the guy in the article was just trying to impress upon amerifats that this wasnt MechWarrior 4
>>
File: 1394448383375.gif (2MB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394448383375.gif
2MB, 300x250px
Here's hoping there's a better single player campaign this time.
>>
>>14107650
>that leg

mmmmm finally some TASTY mechs in my vidya
>>
>>14108091
Oh man, if that's true, that's awesome.

Really though, from a PR standpoint if you're making a game that's about giant robots, it's probably a not good idea to not say "mechs are dirty" because your pissing off the people who like mechs, and those people TEND TO BUY THINGS WITH GIANT ROBOTS IN IT, WHICH IS WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL THEM YOU RETARDS.

This is like Marketing 101. Fuck.
>>
>>14108113
>>14108135
yeah

I liked it because it took some level of skill to use the titans correctly and not get murked, but like.....it was not that goddamn difficult

also
>inb4 this thread continues to be filled with spergy gundamufaggots who can't get over a PR GUY
>>
>>14108145
>Modern (for variable definitions of "modern") Brown Shooters
>single player
They're just excuses for learning how to play multiplayer now, brah.
>>
The game is fucking awesome, you guys are missing out.
>>
>>14108091
uhhh did he

he's the artist who designed the mechs

also a kitbasher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgByQiDhpE

shameful display, /m/, shitting on a fellow /m/an
>>
File: chang-gon-shin-01.jpg (344KB, 1314x1114px) Image search: [Google]
chang-gon-shin-01.jpg
344KB, 1314x1114px
>>14108024
>titans are shit

step up your visual game, senpai
>>
>>14108170
He may like mecha, but if he is going to turn his back on his fellow mecha bros and call mecha dirty just to appeal to a completely different audience, he's no /m/an.
>>
File: feel the NERV.jpg (48KB, 679x607px) Image search: [Google]
feel the NERV.jpg
48KB, 679x607px
>>14108195
>casting out a fellow /m/an into exile

we're better than this, /m/en
>>
>>14108145
There's supposed to be a legit campaign this time around.

They're also in talks about a TV series.
>>
>>14108208
if this image was real I'd watch it, all 8 and a half hours
>>
>>14108215
>They're also in talks about a TV series.
Titanfall isn't even remotely popular enough to become a multimedia franchise
>>
>>14108224
Maybe so, but it would probably benefit the series in the end.
Unless they wind up overbudget.
>>
>>14108223
same

There's something about Bernie's cadence that's just delicious for explanations

I guess cause it's "cranky old man explains in detail the socioeconomic reasons why you should get off his lawn"

>>14108224
hey, if they at least try and it's good, I'm on board. Could always used more /m/ shows
>>
>>14108215
>>14108224
Titanfall is more suited to have a Hulu/Netflix/Youtube episodic series where each episode is a standalone story, not a full-on TV show.
>>
>>14108208
You got it all wrong.

We're not casting him into exile, we're showing him tough love. A true /m/an during that interview would have said "yeah this game is filled with mechs and they're awesome". We are being a Bright slap to his whiny Amuro. But he will grow to be better for it.
>>
>>14108224
how much did the first game make anyway?
>>
>>14108256
That's probably what they'll end up doing.
>>14108265
Not sure, but it's sold more than 10 million copies by now, and sold about 925,000 copies when it released.

Fairly decent for a new IP.
>>
>>14108281
>10 million copies by now,
where are you getting those numbers
Didn't Titanfall straight up die a month after release?
>>
>>14108288
It took me like one second to google, "Titan fall sales."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/05/titanfall-sales-pass-10-million-globally

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/titanfall-hits-10-million-sales/
>>
>>14108288
Games still sell after the first month/year, you're talking about popularity.
>>
>>14108288
That's just a /v/ meme. The playerbase dwindled pretty quick, but the game didn't become a ghost town until about a year after release.

As for numbers:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/10/05/titanfall-sales-pass-10-million-globally
>>
>>14108294
>>14108302
>>14108304
how in the fuck does a game with no players reach 10 million
I can't even
what
>>
>>14108305
People bought it on Origin, but then had to use origin.

Really, its a online multiplayer shooter, they come out all the time and its players stop playing after the novelty wears off and try a new title..
>>
>>14108305

Game got pretty cheap on Origin a lot. There were sales where it kinda went for maybe $5 or $10 a few times.
>>
>>14108305
Well to explain it using /v/ lingo and generalizations, most casual normiefags will buy buy a game simply because it's popular or they saw it on tv, play it for a week, then it will sit on their shelf for a year before they buy the next annual installment (see Madden, CoD, Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, FarCry, etc...) or trade in with their Xbox when they get the new and improved Xbox.

So everyone (mainly a bunch of casuals) will OWN the game, but not actually PLAY it.
>>
>>14108157
But I like campaigns with story in i~t. Especially if they're going to have giant awesome punchy mechs.
>>
>>14107650
I will only care about this game if they increase the map size, because what is the fucking fun of piloting the robots if they are in really cramped spaces? Gameplay was kind of fun but I hated the whole queue system, that was fucking ass, how hard can it possibly be to make a server system, why not put it in a fucking browser like BF does now?
>>
File: 1456238778587.png (62KB, 450x417px) Image search: [Google]
1456238778587.png
62KB, 450x417px
>>14108264
>YFW they took Titanfall's criticisms about the lack of mech-like mechs to heart
>Titanfall 2 changes the way they feel to control and in turn makes you feel like you're piloting it proper instead of just controlling a bigger soldier
>Bigger maps
>Being able to customize the frame of the mech by individual part instead of presets
>The mechs can parkour too
It'll never happen but if it did I'd pre-order in a goddamn heartbeat
>>
>>14108264
I really wonder how much of it was he being a fucking retard and how much was it PR trying to appeal to dudebros because who the fuck doesn't know gundam or any other japanese mecha?
>>
>>14108327

Isn't it now completely free on Origin?
>>
>>14108304
this
it had a decent life for a mp-only game

never listen to /v/ about anything, ever
>>
Respawn entertainment still saying their Titans arent mecha?
>>
>>14108569
Yep.
>>
>>14107906
Basically. It was your typical "sprint everyone, guy who shoots first wins" twitch shooter that CoD has turned every other FPS into. Don't bother aiming, just put your crosshair on the guy and you're good. A few hamfisted parkour elements isn't enough to get the basic gameplay away from that, especially now that actual CoD has the same parkour stuff going on.

But it had other problems. The Burn Cards were terrible and could make many engagements or 1v1 completely lopsided, and not in the way that perks or traits in other games do. Hey, just turn invisible whenever you want, or COME BACK TO LIFE FROM DEATH where you were a few seconds ago. Hey, did you just run onto the cap and solo two guys? Congratulations, one of them has instantaneously respawned on you because he has a burn card that says he can do that, so you can just get fucked. And while everyone has access to these cards in theory, what's in your current deck and what you value using at any given time (since it's not like they all replenish at the end of a match) will vary. It was stupid and existed outside of the
actual match you were playing.

>>14108113
The problem with being in your Titan the whole time is that you are less useful as a player in there because you're limited in where you can go and what you can effectively kill. It's easier to kill other players on foot, faster to move around in a lot of useful places, you can cap every point, and so on. Pilots can kill Titans as fast as Titans can kill Titans in many cases, but a Pilot+Titan attacking a Titan is even better. Your pilot is given a jetpack to exploit the "vertical element", and you lose that by being in a Titan. Plus, there's just a lot of cheesey spots on some maps where a player can parkour their way up to and threaten Titans on half the map while being immune to reprisal if they duck.

It was a CoD-styled FPS with optional mechs, not a mech-oriented FPS with optional "oh shit your robot's gone" run-and-gunning.
>>
>>14108747

This is why I play Xenoblade Chronicles X.
>>
>>14107650
personally I'm excited for this, cause while it is a CoD clone, it's also the most fun with a CoD style game I've had in almost a decade
>>
>>14108747
>Congratulations, one of them has instantaneously respawned on you because he has a burn card that says he can do that, so you can just get fucked. And while everyone has access to these cards in theory, what's in your current deck and what you value using at any given time

It wasn't instantaneous and you were told that they used that card.

>>14108747
>The problem with being in your Titan the whole time is that you are less useful as a player in there because you're limited in where you can go and what you can effectively kill. It's easier to kill other players on foot, faster to move around in a lot of useful places, you can cap every point, and so on. Pilots can kill Titans as fast as Titans can kill Titans in many cases, but a Pilot+Titan attacking a Titan is even better. Your pilot is given a jetpack to exploit the "vertical element", and you lose that by being in a Titan. Plus, there's just a lot of cheesey spots on some maps where a player can parkour their way up to and threaten Titans on half the map while being immune to reprisal if they duck.

Never had that much trouble using a titan.
>>
>>14109036
>Never had that much trouble using a titan.
Neither did I or anyone else who was good at the game. The problem is that if you are good, you can be better on foot than you can in a Titan. There might be some people who are inexplicably shitty at being a pilot but good at Titans (I can't imagine how, considering how similar they are), but as you reach the skill ceiling of the game you'd find everyone abandoning the Titan. It's not really a force multiplier like "GIANT ROBOT" makes you think it would be.

An AI Titan lets you play to your full potential while giving you a crappy sidekick that occasionally distracts people, reveals their position, or makes them spaz so they reveal themselves.
>>
>>14109074
It works until one team has most of their players in titans.
>>
File: 1365834502111.jpg (47KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1365834502111.jpg
47KB, 450x338px
>>14109036
>quoting the same post multiple times

Why do people do this?
>>
As long as the parkour is as brilliantly executed as the first game I'll be more than satisfied.
>>
>jungle planet
>metal gear rex foot
>sword

Yeah I'm into it. If anything about the trailer carries into gameplay.

This is going to be really unpopular, but I enjoyed Titanfall quite a bit. I got it long after release for 10-15$ and I think it was worth it. I liked the multiplayer campaign idea it just suffered from being short and a foregone conclusion. If they made it more CYOA with multiple paths and endings it would have been amazing. Most of the maps were well designed with opportunities for wall running paths yet open areas for titans, the on foot gameplay was fast like a classic arena shooter without being too twitchy, the titans were fun to beat shit up with, the burn card power ups were fun and not micro transaction.

It had problems like a lack of content and scub pistols, but I have hope they can build on the good points.
>>
>>14108747
I loved it when they used the rematch card. 90% of the time I just netted another kill. It warns you that it's coming.

Also not having three roll the dice cards so you aren't limited to 3 cards per round just enjoying the random. Wtf are you doing mate.
>>
>>14112182
>randomness in a competitive shooter
Let's add percentile crits okay so TF2 does that and per-bullet damage ranges while we're at it
>>
>>14112244
>competitive shooter
That's your problem right there. MLG tards care about random things, but I couldn't give a fuck. Besides you could host your own matches and set what burn cards were available if any.
>>
I think Titanfall was a game filled with great but never fully realized concepts, and a serious lack of launch content for a multiplayer-only game.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.