[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that a few years have passed what do you guys think of Rebuild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 426
Thread images: 41

File: file.png (190KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
190KB, 718x1000px
Now that a few years have passed what do you guys think of Rebuild of Evangelion 3.33?

When I first saw this movie I was so frustrated and hated it because of the typical

reasons that most people seem to hate it for including how pessimistic it was. I rewatched it for the first time since I saw it when it came out and I feel like I was wrong about everything. I really enjoyed it and most of my issues weren't actually a problem when I thought about it after the fact. Especially once I realized it was just a greek tragedy and retelling of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water. I really respect and appreciate the fact that this movie doesn't make the character motivations and plot obvious and it doesn't spell everything out. I could probably write walls of text about it now, but what do you guys think of it?

What do you think is going to happen in Rebuild of Evangelion final? I have on doubt Shinji will actually gain the will to live again. Kowaru stabbing Unit 13 was a parellel to Nadia trying to kill herself at the end of Nadia, and Jean gives her one of the most hopeful lines, telling her to live because she always has a tomorrow. (Or something, my memory is shit.) This is probably what I'm looking foward to the most anywyas, that and how Rei will develop more.
>>
shit pasta
>>
>>14073192

Please stop shitposting I'm trying to have a real conversation.

Please don't make me go to eva geeks.
>>
It's pretty bad. The entire last half of the movie could have been avoided had everyone just sat Shinji down and explained to him what he did and what's going on before slapping him around. The only reason he played right into Nerv's hands was because he thought the Rei was -his- Rei and was tired of everyone ignoring him.
>>
What happened to EVA4? Did 3 kill the enthusiasm for everything?
>>
>>14073129
I just watched it for the first time a few months ago. Its shit, omg is it shit. The biggest thing is the ending. They are in the EXACT same situation they started the movie in, except they are down 2 evas, and seele's dead to i guess. Most of the "bad" things that happened in the movie could have been avoided if people just explained what in the fuck was going on, ins tad of being all like "Fuck you and all you stand for shinji.". Also the whole "curse of the eva" thing sounded like total bullshit puled directly out of an smelly asshole. It sounds like an excuse not to change charecter designs, or have a very interesting character development/dynamic. FUCK TIGER EVA! Why is that a thing!? Who decided that needed to be a thing!? Its fucking dumb. Also fuck mari, or mauri, whatever the hell pink girls name is. In 2 they played her off as some sort of secrete weapon, or wild card or somthing. Her whole "I can force berzerk mode" thing was really cool,but no, shes just the fucking sassy side kick. Also also, Auska self destructing unit 02 was so drastically out of character and ridiculous. How fucking hard did how highy she saw herself as a piolet, How many times has she said she'd die before she sacrificed unit2. I guess you could argue "oh, well shes more mature because shes older". BUT THEN WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF THE ANTI AGEING EVA BULLSHIT!?!?!? On top of all the conflicting info in this movie about the "rebuilds really a sequal to Eoe", that was previously supported by 1 and 2. Fuck this movie.
>>
>>14073129
Schlock. It simultaneously changed everything and nothing. The setting is different and Alien, and everyone openly hates Shinji while flying in their giant living ship, but we see that for twenty minutes, from the inside of a detention center while everyone shits on Shinji without trying to get him up to speed. Then we retread the Kawaru episodes for the middle of the movie, see Gendo's rad shades, and the movie ends.
It feels like they had a movie and a half's worth of material for 3 and 4 and they decided to give half a movie instead of elaborate more on this one. I HOPE that this was just setup for 4, I really do. I'll watch whatever shitty camrip bootleg with /a/ subtitles the day it comes out, but man do I see this going all wrong.
How can they even end this properly? Since Eva came out, there has been half a dozen 'eva done better' shows that have ranged from surprise happy ending to surprise everyone dies ending.
>>
>>14073824
>>14073404

OP here. I was bothered by that a lot but on my second viewing it didn't bother me as much. I can't stress enough that I was as frustrated as you are right now too. (Except I loved the Tiger Unit 02.)

>They are in the EXACT same situation they started the movie in, except they are down 2 evas,

You're totally wrong though. The characters aren't have changed since the beginning of this movie. The main trio has been reunited. Shinji and Rei were with Nerv instead of Wille. Rei even realized she doesn't have to take orders and that she is her own person. Or at least she's starting to learn. Shinji doesn't have his choke collar on. Shinji lost the will to live, and Asuka is actually trying to help him in her own asshole way. They've essentially forgiven him for causing the Near Third Impact even if it was not his fault.

The reason they didn't tell Shinji what was going on is because he didn't need to know. This was a military organization. But it's essentially a somewhat incompetant rag tag group of pirates which includes civillians trying to play a military role. Misato had to be a professional. Plus Misato is from Nerv. Gendo never told anybody what was really going on and he would have been template for a leader. Kowaru talks about how the Lilin blame Shinji for causing the third impact. Shinji says it's not his fault, but Kowaru says the Lilin believe it anyways. The Writers are aware how unfair its. They fear him. People in Evangelion were always fucked up and horrible at communicating, I'm not sure why I expected them to be able to communicate well now. Especially since they were so hung up on Shinji you know, causing an impact. Misato's character and everyone being dicks is basically because Misato's character this movie is based on Captain Nemo too.

I hate the ageless thing but it didn't bother me on a second viewing, the same for Mari. She's more just like a backup pilot.
>>
>>14073129

>implying 3.33 has the narrative propulsion to be a Greek tragedy

nigga go read aristotle's poetics before spouting shit like that
>>
>>14073858
>Schlock. It simultaneously changed everything and nothing.

That's what I mean when I say Anno was going for a Greek Tragedy.
Tragedies were based on well known myths, so everybody knew what was going to happen but the point was that the current version would be a twist on a myth. (From my understanding...just a lowly NEET here.)

If you liked it or if it was shit or not is another story though.

I think watching Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water and really enjoying it is why 3.33 has grown on me too. It just has all the story beats. Even if Final is shit it will be fun to see the reaction on /a/.
>>
File: tumblr_mt0vezBAGd1r2g7mto2_500.png (346KB, 499x564px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt0vezBAGd1r2g7mto2_500.png
346KB, 499x564px
>>14073129
I dunno. I haven't seen it yet. BUT I'm sure it's fucking amazing and I really look forward to it. If it pissed off the fandom much it HAS to be Anno's masterwork. He must have finally done what he tried to do with End of Evangelion except this time it didn't go over the heads of the thick otaku audience. Ol' Anno's trolling finally working makes me smile.

Though, for the sake of Anno's mental health and well being (and because let's face it, Anno's probably been getting more death threats these days with the ease of them internets), I hope we never get 4.0 and it just ends here. We heard the congratulations ages ago. The story was already long over. Just let Eva die.
>>
>>14073129
>Now that a few years have passed what do you guys think of Rebuild of Evangelion 3.33?

It's the worst Evangelion movie I've seen and it's a bad film in it's own right. It's also the worst thing to happen to the Evangelion franchise.
It's characters, it's story, it's very message all have elements of self-contradiction and lack of realism, and the message and points it makes are purely designed to cater to superficial members of the audience.

Your interpretation and defense of the movie is downright wrong, since it's deliberately ignorant of the movie itself and the facts around it.

You've completely misunderstood the characters as well.
>>
>>14073991
>Your interpretation and defense of the movie is downright wrong, since it's deliberately ignorant of the movie itself and the facts around it.
>>14073991
>You've completely misunderstood the characters as well.

Care to elaborate? I'm open to being wrong. It's an anime not the bible for fuck's sakes.
>>
>>14073997
I said "interpretation", but that was really just me not trying to pin you as an absolute idiot.

What you have can barely be called interpretation, they are more like associative defensive arguments in favor of 3.33.

Meaning, "It's like x or y, so it must be good".

The point is that you're not seeing the forest for the trees, which is that the lack of motivation in it's characters, the lack of detail of it's plot, and lack of detail in everything except specific otaku-pandering comments is a result of the movie being a base otaku flick. Not some secret plot to create mystery or movement to conceal a plot twist.

In other words, yes it really is that bad.
>>
File: 0aba5123ds5d5.png (2MB, 4002x5676px) Image search: [Google]
0aba5123ds5d5.png
2MB, 4002x5676px
3.33 is garbage, and doesn't feature a story or well-made characters because it's only goal save for making money is to popularize or depopularize existing Evangelion characters.
>>
>>14074029
So you can't even explain your own opinions so you have to resort to insulting me and railing off buzzwords?

I never even said the movie was good. I said I enjoyed it on a second viewing.
>>
>>14073975
Do it and be sure to make a thread about it here to make everybody mad again.
>>
>>14074062
It's not a buzzword and you deserve a few insults or two for having the mind of a toddler.

Putting that aside, my point should be clear enough. You're treating the fact that it has obvious plot holes and missing characterization as a plus, when it's a factor that cripples the movie and sinks any credibility it has.

With characters and plot developments that aren't just unrealistic but also uncharacteristic, nothing in it can be taken seriously for even a second, not even the impending sense of fear or risk.

The movie shows that it's not unwilling to unrealistically turn the world upside down to get somewhere, meaning it's progression and conclusion can also simply be written in out of nowhere. It spoils the entire movie rather early on.

It's known as "jumping the shark".

So while it does have references to Nadia and numerous other works of fiction, it's not something that saves it from being the mess that it is.
>>
i did not like it
it wasn't a well-made movie
the whole ending would've been avoided if kaworu just chucked bombcollar off one of the many bottomless pits they seem to have at NERV HQ
>>
>>14073919
>The main trio has been reunited. Shinji and Rei were with Nerv instead of Wille. Rei even realized she doesn't have to take orders and that she is her own person.
Yeah, you didn't get it, and worst of all you didn't get the original characters, or even the 2.22 ones.

The "trio" isn't reunited because Rei there is a clone, not Rei herself who is stuck in EVA01 or somesuch. Whatever you thought Rei "learned" can't exactly be applied to Rei, who even from NGE or 2.22 had already understood that she doesn't have to take orders.

Asuka isn't "asuka" but an otaku-fanboy version of the character, and Shinji is just a farce.

You're too unintelligent for this film.
>>
>>14073129
its a terrible movie and for the mental health of everyone, they should just can the fucking project to never be heard of again
>>
>>14074107
I was referring to Rei Q only. I enjoyed seeing that despite the fact she wasn't the original Rei and despite the fact that Rei originally went through similar character development It gives me hope that maybe Rei Q can be a real friend instead of an impossible ideal he keeps chasing after like the original Reis.

>Asuka isn't "asuka" but an otaku-fanboy version of the character, and Shinji is just a farce.

Why do you think this though?

>You're too unintelligent for this film.

You're too bitter to talk to humans about something as trivial as a korean cartoon.
>>
>>14073129
I want to know what happened to Angel 11 and Unit 07, closest thing to a complaint I have is Armisael getting to little screen time.
>>
>>14074148
>I was referring to Rei Q only.
Then they aren't reunited. Literally the first time they're within ten meters of each other at the same time.

>I enjoyed seeing that despite the fact she wasn't the original Rei and despite the fact that Rei originally went through similar character development

>It gives me hope that maybe Rei Q can be a real friend instead of an impossible ideal he keeps chasing after like the original Reis.
What on earth are you talking about? Are you possibly high on something, or just this mindnumbingly stupid?
Take just five minutes and do a mental cleanup of the trash you call your own brains before you respond.

>Why do you think this though?
Because Asuka lacks character, characterization, development, and is a stupidly overpowered version of previous iterations of the character. Like taken straight out of a fanfic.
A lot of the 3.33 characters are like this.

Shinji is a farce because his development is also non-existing within the movie and any real choice is denied the character, and the character uncharacteristically remains ignorant and unseeking of what's going on, in the same way that the other character uncharacteristically deny him the knowledge he needs.

The whole thing is a joke, a farce if you will.

>You're too bitter to talk to humans about something as trivial as a korean cartoon.
>something as trivial as a korean cartoon.
Hence my bitterness. The triviality of it, and your complete inability to at all process it at an intelligent level I'd expect of a normal human being wishing to discuss it.

Either shape up or get the hell out.
>>
>>14074174
Really? You can't stop insulting me? Yeah I smoke a little meth from time to time but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy Evongelion.

>Because Asuka lacks character, characterization, development, and is a stupidly overpowered version of previous iterations of the character. Like taken straight out of a fanfic.

How is she overpowered? She has to abandon and self destruct Unit 2. Her eye is gouged out from a battle. She doesn't even really win against Shinji.

It's not like they can cram 26 episodes worth of character into 3 movies too.

>Shinji is a farce because his development is also non-existing within the movie and any real choice is denied the character, and the character uncharacteristically remains ignorant and unseeking of what's going on, in the same way that the other character uncharacteristically deny him the knowledge he needs.

Why is Shinji's development non existing? We see him develop throughout the entire movie. It's not unrealistic for somebody as desperate for redemption as Shinji to fall so easily for Kowaru's ideas. It's not unrealistic for a military organization to withhold information from somebody in protective custody.

>>14074174
>Hence my bitterness. The triviality of it, and your complete inability to at all process it at an intelligent level I'd expect of a normal human being wishing to discuss it.

Why are you so angry though?
>>
>>14074191
how the fuck can you enjoy the worst piece of shit ever spawned by evangelion? 3.33 stands against everything that series was
>>
>>14074199

It's not like the series was anything much to begin with.
>>
>>14074191
>Really? You can't stop insulting me?
Because your replies is insulting to the intelligence of anyone who reads them. Try to do better, for everyone's sake and especially your own.

>How is she overpowered?
Two points of comparisons. The first one in NGE is easy, she's a wreck and a failure of a human being. NGE was fairly brutal.
In Rebuild, her last known status was in a near comatuse state, being damaged after an incident.

Now in 3.33, this character has no flaws except "mild flaws" that aren't highly marketable to otaku. The "tsundere" archetype of harmless and cute initialized anger, always in conjunction with a young male self-insert.
A new EVA, a space mission, tons of new redesigns that by the end of the movie only adds up to marketable products. No character, no development.

>Why is Shinji's development non existing? We see him develop throughout the entire movie.
We don't. We only see a character being subjected to shock after shock, and this isn't character development. Character development details the change in a characters person, it's not just showing reactions to shock.
It's something deep within the character.

These shocks and the character is farcical.

>It's not unrealistic for somebody as desperate for redemption as Shinji to fall so easily for Kowaru's ideas.
Shinji's desperation is artificial, and it's frankly out of character for Shinji to not be investigative given the two previous movies, where he often finds himself asking what is going on. It doesn't fit with previous movies, and it's unrealistic in this movie because the need to know is greater.

>It's not unrealistic for a military organization to withhold information from somebody in protective custody.
It's unrealistic, and that is established within the movie itself. They have an established need and motivation to keep Shinji safe, calm and informed, yet do the opposite for no reason.
The same is true for Kaworu, who explains virtually nothing.
>>
>>14074199
I just don't think critically when I watch anything anymore. There was so much other stuff going on in 3.33 like the visuals, the cinematography (if that's the riight word for animation, the mechanical designs, the world and the music. I even liked the kitty Unit 2 which apparently everybody hated too.

I thought it was stupid how nobody told Shinji anything, and how everyone was a total dick to him, but then I watched it expecting that so this time it didn't bother me and I could focus on everything I enjoyed and I was actively trying to see it from the character's perspectives to try to understand their emotions.

>>14074218
>Because your replies is insulting to the intelligence of anyone who reads them. Try to do better, for everyone's sake and especially your own.

YES KEEP YELLING AT ME AND HATING ME THAT SURE WORKED WELL FOR SHINJU
>>
To be honest I just love this movie because it makes everybody angry.
>>
>>14074235
I didn't even use caps lock, calm down kiddo.

Bottom line is that the movie was really bad for reasons that are very easy to discern.
>>
>>14074247
Is it wrong to enjoy shit?
>>
>>14074261
Wrong or right, you're apparently pretending you're not enjoying shit. That's what wrong here.
3.33, ten years from now or twenty, put in a different light or spiked with glitter, will still be shit. People who like it, are metaphorically speaking still, shit-eaters.
>>
File: 1368886878503.jpg (11KB, 194x300px) Image search: [Google]
1368886878503.jpg
11KB, 194x300px
>>14074267
/thread
now imagine how terribad the next movie will be
>>
>>14074267
I dunno can't it just be piss?

Piss is harmless, you can even drink it. But shit will kill you.
>>
>>14074288
Arguably, 3.33 has some piss in it in addition to the shit.
However, there is clearly disease in that piss that will give you something nasty provided you survive the septic infection.
>>
>>14074297
What if you're a bug chaser?
>>
>>14074303
>What if you're a bug chaser?
You've probably got a Kaworu-plushie hanging from your rear mirror.
>>
>>14074303
>eva fans are gifting the rest of the mecha community
makes sense
>>
>>14073919
Everyone is bad at comunitcating in eva, but very realy do they just fucking flat out ignore people. Shinji was their best/arguable most successful piolt, why would they just tell him to go shove it? I can understand if people just decided they were just fucking done with shinji, or if they told him everything at the end after they had "forgiven him". But it flat out shows misato still has some semblace of feeling for shinji CAUSE SHE DIDNT KILL HIM AT THE VERY START OF THE MOVIE WHEN SHIT WENT DOWN! There are many diffrent ways this movie could have made sense, but it seems like as soon as the writers figured them out, they went all "lol fuck that" then proceeded to make a U turn into retard land.
>>
>>14074398
It all makes sense when you understand what the movie is trying to do.

Misato, Ritsuko and Asuka all give Shinji such a hard time because they're supposed to punish him for having tried to save Rei earlier. So the third impact having actually happened in the meantime, the destruction of it all plus everyone kicking Shinji around is the movie's way of saying the audience shouldn't be fans of Rei or care about the character. Otherwise, bam, you get to be like Shinji, hated by everyone.

Anno is a small man whose fanboy and otaku-ways made him upset because Rei was more than twice as popular as Asuka was in Eva's heyday. This movie is his "revenge", so to speak. The characters don't matters other as examples.
>>
>>14074426
THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT THE MOVIE IS BAD, POORLY-WRITTEN PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>14074473
Obviously not, it makes it even worse.

It's now just not only a bad, poorly-written piece of shit, it's now the deranged butthurt of an old petty otaku.
>>
>>14074398

14 years had passed between them. 14 years of dealing with the literal end of the world that they blamed on Shinji. That's 14 years of pent up resentment. It was shown by the reaction of the entire crew of the bridge when Shinji walked in, and Asuka's rage and Misato's distance.

I think the fact Misato hesitated means she also understood she fucked up. The ironic thing about it is that she choose Shinji's life over potentially everybody else's on earth. That was what Asuka. was berating Shinji for at the end of 2.0 by saving Rei.That dramatic irony can't be unintentional, so I'm willing to give the writers some credit. However we will have to wait till the Final to see if it actually amounts to anything.
>>
It's pretty mediocre. Rei's character sort of gets thrown out the window and Kaworu is pretty underwhelming. Hardly any maya screentime since she got replaced by some slut too

Cool robots though.
>>
>>14074505
>14 years had passed between them. 14 years of dealing with the literal end of the world that they blamed on Shinji. That's 14 years of pent up resentment. It was shown by the reaction of the entire crew of the bridge when Shinji walked in, and Asuka's rage and Misato's distance.

So what we're missing is a reason for resentment, and we're missing motivation to act on said unreasonable resentment. The resentment has no reason to exist whatsoever given what we're presented.
It has an explicit reason to not exist because Misato et al. needs Shinji in a calm state, having made it clear that his emotional outbursts might endanger them.

If you're going to address this post at all, address that last bit.

>That was what Asuka. was berating Shinji for at the end of 2.0 by saving Rei.
You mean in 3.33, and Asuka is only doing it for non-character reasons.

There's also a huge difference between putting the world at risk knowingly vs giving it your all like Shinji did in 2.0.

>That dramatic irony can't be unintentional, so I'm willing to give the writers some credit.
Then you're an idiot. No way to sugarcoat it.

>However we will have to wait till the Final to see if it actually amounts to anything.
We don't have to wait. It's shit now, today. Final is going to be a worse movie than it had to be due to 3.33's nonsense.
>>
Blaming Shinji never made any sense in the first place because the impact was stopped and resumed by Selee later, and nobody ever wants to explain that plothole because you literally can't.
>>
>>14074527
It's because Anno decided to go full Otaku and basically bash Rei into oblivion and making an example out of Shinji for having tried to save Rei.

That sort of approach to writing generates a lot of plot holes.
>>
>>14074516
>It has an explicit reason to not exist because Misato et al. needs Shinji in a calm state, having made it clear that his emotional outbursts might endanger them.

They believe Shinji was the key to the Near Third Impact. It wasn't really his fault, but they could be projecting their frustrations with themselves or misdirecting all their anger at him specifically even though it's not logical.

I think they thought they were safe as long as Shinji wasn't actually in the robot. It as if the more he knew was going on the more he would act on heroic "super robot/superhero" impulses. When the fighting starts we see him strongly desire to get in the robot and save Asuka. It's very important to remember that Unit 01 awoke at the beginning of the film when Asuka was in danger.
>>14074516
but imagine all the threads. imagine all the shitposting. it will be beautiful.

>>14074533
Is it even that cynical? Rei is at peace now wherever Yui is always looking over Shinji in the Eva Unit.
>>
>>14074547
>They believe Shinji was the key to the Near Third Impact. It wasn't really his fault, but they could be projecting their frustrations with themselves or misdirecting all their anger at him specifically even though it's not logical.
>I think they thought they were safe as long as Shinji wasn't actually in the robot. It as if the more he knew was going on the more he would act on heroic "super robot/superhero" impulses. When the fighting starts we see him strongly desire to get in the robot and save Asuka. It's very important to remember that Unit 01 awoke at the beginning of the film when Asuka was in danger.
if they thought Shinji was so dangerous why didn't they just kill him?
>>
>>14073129
You know, what gets me the most about this movie is something I've never actually seen /m/ talk about.

The fact that Anti-AT Field Bullets are a thing.

How the FUCK is there even a plot once that technology has been developed? The entire premise of Evangelion breaks down at the exact point where you can just shoot an Angel with a fucking gun. No more jumping through hoops, no more producing EVA units, no more exploiting fucked-up kids, you have bullets that go straight through an AT Field. Load them in a cannon and point them at the Angel's big red obvious weak spot. Congrats, it's dead, now let's all line up and have a big goddamn orgy to repopulate humanity.

Sure, you could say that they're too scarce for widespread use or something, but it doesn't matter, because at no point is this giant plot hole addressed or even glossed over. It's just a gaping wound in a plot that already looks like a block of Swiss cheese. Fuck.
>>
>>14074547
>Is it even that cynical? Rei is at peace now wherever Yui is always looking over Shinji in the Eva Unit.

Yep, being derided by every other character as a puppet while Rei is left unable to do anything, in a place along with the character she is now a clone of (and thus, inferior to given what we've seen in Rebuild)....

Oh yeah, it's bad. Anno went all out on this one.
>>
>>14074547
>They believe Shinji was the key to the Near Third Impact. It wasn't really his fault, but they could be projecting their frustrations with themselves or misdirecting all their anger at him specifically even though it's not logical.
In other words, there is no excuse whatsoever in the film, and even you can't make up one.

>I think they thought they were safe as long as Shinji wasn't actually in the robot.
There's no robot for him to get into, and since they fear him getting into one or starting some awakening-stuff, they put a bomb on his neck. Meaning, they do consider the possibility of him getting into one. Otherwise the collar wouldn't really be necessary.

You missed the most important point which I explictly asked you to address:
>It has an explicit reason to not exist because Misato et al. needs Shinji in a calm state, having made it clear that his emotional outbursts might endanger them.

So they know what causes these awakenings and what primes him for it. Emotional outbursts, right? So pissing him off, threatening him, frightening him or even alienating him isn't a good idea.

Ever watched Alien? The Weyland-Yutani-corp is soulless and without any morals whatsoever, but even they give Ripley nice treatment once she wakes up. Despite being horrid, horrid people.
>>
>>14074551
>if they thought Shinji was so dangerous why didn't they just kill him?

I think they sincerely cared about him. Asuka is a dick in the end too, but she could have just left him in his giant tampon to rot. They're keeping that one kid alive despite his risk to everybody else he may potential kill. Making them hypocrites but also it helps lay a basis for them forgive Shinji for what they blame him for.
>>
>>14074573
He's alive because of plot.

That and there are good reasons to not kill Shinji, interrogating the kid to find out what he saw at NERV is an absolute priority.
>>
>>14074571
>Ever watched Alien? The Weyland-Yutani-corp is soulless and without any morals whatsoever, but even they give Ripley nice treatment once she wakes up. Despite being horrid, horrid people.

Hey you know what will probably make you hate me even more? I really liked Prometheus too. While I'm at it I liked Shin Kamen Rider, Digimon Adventure 02.
>>
File: 1459367280566.jpg (38KB, 959x573px) Image search: [Google]
1459367280566.jpg
38KB, 959x573px
>>14074584
You lost me. Don't get what you're saying.
>>
File: file.png (269KB, 350x519px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
269KB, 350x519px
>>14074592
Everyone fucking hated this movie as much as 3.33 too.
>>
>>14074584
Shin Kamen Rider wasn't even that fucking bad, why is it in the lineup
>>
It's an okay extra feature on the Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo blu ray. Weird that some folks are just watching it on its own.
>>
>>14074612
It's almost as bad as when Mini Pato came with that stupid monster movie
>>
>>14074600
Not even close. Prometheus might be criticized for not being as smart as the critics had hoped, but it's no where near the level of distaste generated by 3.33.

Prometheus is fresh, even great compared to 3.33.
>>
>>14073204
No you're not. Just screw off already holy crap.
>>
>>14074426
>le textwall kun face
Oh no.
>>
File: 2142345645.png (487KB, 781x357px) Image search: [Google]
2142345645.png
487KB, 781x357px
4.0 is going to throw out a huge plot twist and reveal that Shinji is some kind of seed of life like Rei and Kaworu.

The reason Wille and Kaworu haven't told him shit is because he's a fucking ayy and he can literally trigger an impact as long as he an emotional or psychotic episode while he's piloting an Adams-based eva unit. And that's exactly what happens in 3.0 and the end of 2.0.

Wille wants him to remain in the dark as much as possible in an effort to protect humanity, while Nerv does the same because they want to manipulate him as much as possible. Both organizations don't want to hand the power of the impacts over to him, even though it's truly his right to do so.

Meanwhile it's the exact same reason why NERV prioritized Shinji over Kaworu and Rei to the point of kidnapping him and making him pilot a no-soul eva like evangelion 13. Because he's the literal key to all of the impacts, how they function and how they turn out.

At this point I'm 90% certain that 4 Adams are just split-up remnants of Shinji's seed body after the events of second impact. Unit 01 was revealed to be an Adam, and so was Evangelion 13 and Mark 6, and guess what? Shinji piloted 2 of those and all of them were were triggers for the impacts in some fashion.

As for the Wunder, the Mark 04 series and the nemesis series, they're probably poor clones of the 4 Adams, with the latter two being piloted by dummyplugs that are probably based off of Shinji.
>>
>>14075651
Even if this wasn't extremely dumb, it'd be pointless and inconsequential. The guy who wrote that probably lost his last remaining braincell in doing so.
>>
>>14075651
Sad thing is that's probably a better plot than what we're actually going to get.
>>
File: 1297141586265.jpg (39KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1297141586265.jpg
39KB, 854x480px
>>14075672
Actually the hints about Shinji being an ayy were there since the beginning of the first movie. In 1.0, we were already given cues about Gendo and Fuyutsuki brainwashing Shinji so that he's easier to control, about Gendo planning Shinji and Rei to meet 15 years before either of them were born so that it could trigger the false impact at the end of 2.0. Even Kaworu waking up on the moon at the tail end of the movie, saying that Shinji has finally "awakened" with Seele practically agreeing with him, saying that his awakening was foretold in the Dead Sea Scrolls to back this up.

Just the fact that Shinji would have some kind of impact episode and that was was already foretold in the Dead Sea Scrolls should've been a huge enough giveaway that he isn't human, but it still managed to fly over so many people's heads. And that's just some of the cues from the first movie. It becomes even more obvious in the second and third movies, with the DSS choker, his little berserk episode at the end of 2.0 and so on.

They planned all of this out. Not in excruciating detail, but they've followed a basic outline and they're sticking to it. Most of the fanbase was just either too preoccupied or too stupid to notice the details.
>>
>>14073129
It's just as good/bad as everything else in the franchise.
>>
>>14075713
>>14075651
Too stupid to notice the details? More that the details themselves are too stupid to be noticed. What you're spelling out here isn't revolutionary, interesting or even well thought out. It's a poor interpretation which adds nothing, and it's an interpretation most would look away from even if it's obvious.

Take it back to fanfiction.net.
>>
>>14075735
>Too stupid to notice the details? More that the details themselves are too stupid to be noticed.

It's like you're delusional and believe that the original NGE didn't pull the same shit with its clusterfuck of a plot.

If anything I would say the mediocrity of the Rebuilds is due to the fact that Evangelion just doesn't work in a 1 hour and thirty minute movie format.

That and there's too much action bull shit, but even if they trimmed down on the action I doubt it would be enough to fix its issues.
>>
>>14075760
>It's like you're delusional and believe that the original NGE didn't pull the same shit with its clusterfuck of a plot.
I'm fairly sure nothing of the nonsense you put there was in NGE, nor in any of it's "here it's explained now faggots, love Anno" glossaries.

The bullshit you wrote is pure, retarded speculation that's actually gone a long way in making a poor story even worse. Was that the intent with hat dumb pasta of yours?
Is there even a single grain or gram of fat in your body that thinks your pasta isn't extremely retarded?

Because it is.
>>
>>14075767
Why the hell are you acting so autistically enraged over my evidence or theory attempts to begin with?

The OP asked for peoples opinions on 3.0 and what they expect will happen in Final. I expressed my ideas on what I think will likely happen in Final, and that's the reveal that Shinji is a seed of life. What will happen from there on out is hard to tell, but the plot will revolve around that twist once its revealed.
>>
>>14075814
>my evidence
I don't call it evidence, I call it delusional bullshit.
>>
>>14075832
>delusional bullshit

It's always possible. But the evidence that's been building up over the course of these movies says otherwise.
>>
>>14075814
>waaaah waaaah no one criticize my opinion please

Do you even know where you are?
>>
>>14075846
It's delusional bullshit.

>but my delusional bullshit will come true!
in which case, like I said, it'd make a poor story worse.

Fuck off to fanfiction.net.
>>
>>14075850
4chan, the primary home and residence for manchildren.

>>14075861
Why would it make a poor story worse?
If anything it would explain a lot, and improve some of 3.0's plotholes, like why all of Wille and Misato especially treat Shinji like shit, why Nerv kidnapped him in the first place and so on.
>>
>>14075973
You know what would "explain" everything even better than the convoluted, unbelievable mess you just wrote? Ending it all by having Shinji wake up from a silly dream.

You must be fucking autistic if you can't see how your pathetic excuse for a "theory", which neglects character, story and relies on adding nonsensical twists isn't abominable.
>>
>>14075982
>neglects character, story

Now I know you're just trying to bait me.

As I've already stated, Shinji being a seed of life would explain Wille's complete and utter mistrust and hate towards him. And seeing that Misato originally joined NERV due to her hatred of angels and second impact being responsible for her father's death, realizing that Shinji is the very thing that likely resulted second impact would create a lot of mixed complications and feelings for her. So him being a seed would easily explain why she's so cold, distant and conflicted with him now.

It also gives Gendo a proper reason to avoid and use his son. Rather than being some fucking asshole with entirely delusional goals, why would he want to bother bonding with a "thing" that's not really his true son, but just some monster wearing the sheeps clothing of he and his wife's biological make up?

It also gives a decent reason why Shinji feels so bonded to Rei and Kaworu in the first place, and vice-versa. Those are just a few examples.
>>
>>14076052
In other words, completely neglects the characters and story so far.

Making up behind-the-scenes explanations for everything shits on everything existing.

That it was all a dream is more realistic, more believable and more in-character than any of the soppy mess you've written.
>>
>>14076069
Seems like you're more or less pissed that 3.0 didn't give you the fan service that you were asking for.
>>
>>14076076
3.0 was just fanservice crap and little else.

Then you're just inserting your own fetid fanservice nonsense into an already poor story, do you have no self-insight? Don't throw stones in glass houses, they say.
>>
>>14073129
I will never understand why Evangelion ever got this huge.
>>
File: 1402783633954.jpg (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1402783633954.jpg
103KB, 500x500px
>>14076193
>OP sperging retarded theories
I can't wait for the 4th movie to be released and it being so retarded it wil shit on you and all the stupid eva fanbase due to how bad it will be
>>
>>14076210
3.33 already did that, and half of em still loved it.
>>
For plebs who didn't "get" the genius of 3.33: listen to these Evangelion experts analyze this masterpiece
https://youtube.com/watch?v=aXBAAELMuHc
>>
File: 1352906189267.jpg (78KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1352906189267.jpg
78KB, 351x351px
>>14076243
>3 hours 40 minutes
no fucking thank you
>>
>>14076193
The Japanese lost decade

On the western side, it was the angels and the 90s edgyness (HUUURRR THEY KILL ANGELS, SO EXTREEEMMMEE!!!!) Ironically, Anno admitted he wouldn't use angels if he knew Eva would become popular on the west
>>
Question: Why does Shinji get shat on for doing what he literally had to do? Was he just going to let the angel wreck the planet?
>>
>>14076243
>3h41m
I never understood the culture of podcasts.
Who's so full of themselves that they think they're worth listening to for FOUR FUCKING HOURS. Condense your thoughts, man. Even Red Letter Media tries to keep their content around 30 minute mark because that's about as long as you can expect people to stay with your show.
>>
>>14076193
Evangelion was huge case since its metapolitical stuff envisions History's end. The show does not clearly explain what are the Angels because enemy cannot be identified anymore in a world where ideological and political narratives have been supressed. All the fucking Instrumentality Project is the metaphorical transcription of economic and cultural globalization, with Japan as the main victim at the center. Behind the fake mystics are big political concepts, mostly right wing fantasies embedded in japanese unconscious.
>>
>>14076243
Some idiiot plebbing it up on youtube?
No thanks.

>>14076887
Because the movie (3.33) isn't there to make sense.

It's there to attack the Rei-character, which means that everything needs to be rewritten into an anti-Rei angle.

This includes poor Shinji who tried to save Rei.
>>
>>14077118
One of the best posts ITT.
>>
3.33 only really makes sense as Anno's rewriting Evangelion so that his favorite characters get awesome new shit.
>>
>>14073129
I thought it was shit then and I still think it is shit. It didn't do a good job of world building or character building to get me to care about the drama and it just reused the climax of the previous film again but did it in a more retarded way.
The Rei here is some random production line version so I don't know why I should care about her or why they are introducing another "new" character again. Mari is still wasted space. Asuka is some kind of alien thing and really angry all the time but we don't know anything about her, her past or or life enough to care.
Kaworu is basically a plot device. Gendo is just some keikaku doori villain ad Fuyutsuki is just there for awkward exposition. Misato is painfully neglected. Shinji's suffering is contrived.
Everything feels so artificial and shallow it's hard to care. And the plot is meh, just a retread of "Shinji is sad and frustrated and plays into Gendo's ambiguous plans, except Gendo isn't even vaguely interesting". We got it in 2.22. And NGE.
Plot was never eva's strong point. It was always the characters imo. And with shit characters the films are a failure.
There's some interesting ideas but the execution is just awful.
>>
>>14079169
The point of making a "new" Rei was just to sabotage and degrade the Rei character.

The point of Asuka getting all those new alien/moe traits was for her to become more popular.

The point of Mari was to be the "lesbian expansion pack" for Asuka, to further increase her popularity.

The point of Kaworu was to popularize the character and make him more important as well, increasing a measly portion of 20 minutes in NGE to a full 96 minutes full feature.

This is why everything feels artificial and shallow. Every single plot twist and turn is there to popularize Anno's favorite characters, and to ravage the characters he doesn't like.
>>
File: Anno won WWII.jpg (590KB, 1175x1485px) Image search: [Google]
Anno won WWII.jpg
590KB, 1175x1485px
>>14077118
>right wing fantasies
>>
>>14079169
Anno knows the audience are inevitably going to flock towards Rei and Shinji as their favorite characters if he writes them sincerely. Writes them to make them the best of what they can be in terms of quality.

So with 3.33 (and let's be real, every other spinoff) he sacrifices character quality for character presentation.

This is why there's a new production line Rei no one cares about, and Asuka / Kaworu get literal super-powers far beyond what the original characters had.
>>
>>14080542
>Anno knows the audience are inevitably going to flock towards Rei and Shinji as their favorite characters
Maybe Rei and that's a Japan thing but Shinji has always been the most unpopular pilot. OK, maybe the 90s generation could relate to him but we're not in the 90s anymore. The big questions arise on the lost decade weren't resolved so Japan as a nation has decided to stop trying and wait for their ineludible demise through idolshit and general hedonism.
>>
Still as bad today, OP.

Anno is basically a manchild who obsesses about NGEs reception so much he will sacrifice quality just to see his favorite on the top of some poll.
>>
>>14080550
Shinji and Rei were both the most popular characters of their respective genders when the original came out and continued to be that for many years.

That changed because Anno has as been critical of their popularity and has always written them to get worse in sequels.

The only reason to watch NGE left is for the otaku pandering
>>
>>14075651
>Shinji's seed body

But Kowaru already seeded Shinji's body.
>>
>>14075846
>>14075814

Not the same guy you're replying too. I hate theories like this so much too. You came to a conclusion first and then found evidence to match your theory that makes no sense.

It's definitively not as bad as people who think this is a timeloop from the original series. They've done the same thing as you but it's even stupider and the evidence is just flat out literally wrong. (Asuka got her entire unit destroyed not specific parts like her Rebuild form, the damage she and 02 got in Rebuild is just an homage to Dix Neuf from Diebuster.)

I hate the retarded trend of youtube videos proving LINK IS DEAD BECAUSE REASONS THAT ARE NOT VEN IN THE GAME. I just hate it so much. It's the buzzfeed article of intelligent discussion.
>>
>>14077269
>>>14076887
>Because the movie (3.33) isn't there to make sense.
>
>It's there to attack the Rei-character, which means that everything needs to be rewritten into an anti-Rei angle.
>
>This includes poor Shinji who tried to save Rei.
The purpose of Rei not being saved in 2.0 was so Shinji would repeat the mistakes of his father. The Rebuild themes are repeating mistakes. Kowaru alludes to it when he tells shinji you can never play piano perfectally when he starts, you can only hope to repeat it over and over again and do as good as you can do. (I'm not directly quoting that at all sorry my memory is terrible.) It's also what Anno said about the movies in some interneview, and why the musical symbol for repetition is in the title for Final. It's also why the rest of the plot of 3.33 was about Shinji almost starting another impact. I think eventually he's going to keep doing this and realize the newest Rei, or even Asuka and Misato are his niggas. Rei's death doesn't mean they were trying to shit on her as a character.
>>
>>14077080
I don't get podcasts myself, but they're probably for people to listen to while doing other shit.
>>
>>14081008
Yeah it's not my thing either, but it feels like a niche version of a radio talk show anyone can do themselves. It makes a lot more sense if you've ever seen that episode of Maron's show where a bunch of radio legends are his guests.
>>
File: file.png (628KB, 600x879px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
628KB, 600x879px
>there are people on /m/ whose favourite character isn't asuka.
>>
>>14081013
>there are people in the world /m/ whose favourite character isn't asuka.
FTFY
>>
File: wegnge3.gif (3MB, 1226x500px) Image search: [Google]
wegnge3.gif
3MB, 1226x500px
>>14073129
>>
>>14080990
That means they are shitting on Rei. Putting aside that they've killed her along with her character, they've made Rei into a mistake by your logic. Not just a mistake, but a character Shinji (You) shouldn't associate with "or else".

They've rewritten the canon so that Rei is inferior to what she was, and the story has made Rei it's lynchpin for everything bad.

Rei's death in this context does mean they are shitting on the character. Denying it at this point is insanity.
>>
>>14081187

Rei was always the false path, anon. Even in the original series. Its not her fault, its simply what she represents to Shinji.

Let me break this down for you.

Rei represents quiet being mistaken for peace, comfort without significant challenge. Rei does what she is told, is loyal to a fault, and doesn't have much in the way of an opinion on her own. She has no sense of self or self preservation, she lacks even the personal initiative to not sleep in bloody filth because no one told her not to. For someone like Shinji, she is pretty and most importantly extremely non threatening. Shinji can hang out with Rei all he wants without fearing being rejected or hurt, because Rei doesn't have enough personality to reject anyone.

Most importantly from a symbolism perspective, Rei is a clone of Yui. Yui, who Gendo (Shinji's father) latched on to because she was the one person who didn't hurt him and he could open up to. This made Gendo happy, but only until he lost Yui. That relationship was comfortable, but so supremely unhealthy that Gendo is willing to destroy the rest of the planet just to get her back.

Shinji choosing Rei, instead of personal growth, would be him repeating the mistakes of Gendo (which EoE makes clear was just like Shinji until he became bitter and rejected the world before it could reject him).
>>
>>14081379
Nonsense.

What you just wrote deeply contradicts the character and the story it comes from. Everything you wrote can be, example-wise, be contradicted and thus disproven by the original work itself.

>Rei does what she's told
So does everyone else - but unlike everyone else, Rei knows when to say no or when to do what she knows is right - leading to the downfall of e.g Gendo.

>doesn't have much in the way of an opinion on her own.
Between the children, Rei and Shinji are the only one with a legitimate opinion to present. An informed opinion.

>She has no sense of self
On the contrary, Rei's sense of self is the strongest among the children, if not the adults as well. This is because Rei spends a lot of time in understanding herself, and comes to accurate conclusion.

Her lack of self-preservation is justified, although cruel, in the series.

>because Rei doesn't have enough personality to reject anyone.
She rejects Asuka, Gendo, and even slaps Shinji.

>Most importantly from a symbolism perspective, Rei is a clone of Yui.
This was not the case in NGE, where Rei was never mentioned to be a clone of Yui, nor was it possible given the setting.

These small examples from NGE is enough to overthrow your entire point of view concerning these characters, and the original work itself. These are also such obvious observations that they cannot possibly be missed by someone who actually attempted to understand it.

The problem here is that you are, much like Anno, unsubtly attacking Rei's character through indirect and direct means - by lying about it, and discrediting it with falsities.

You chose the focus of Shinji "choosing Rei", when Shinji choosing anyone (not even in Rebuild) has never been a choice to make. This clear fabrication coming from both you and the new EVA-direction only shows one thing: fear. Bias leading to fear of losing.

You've created a non-functional framework of understanding as to excuse Rei's popularity.
>>
>>14081379
>>14081485
Which only means that ironically you've become guilty of the very same thing you've rhetorically condemned: escapism though a fictional character.

All you've constructed here, as Anno has with EoE, is a rationalization of a reality you were unable to accept, which was Rei's indisputable superiority as a character in both the story and to the public.

This is why there is a need to create a framework where Rei is seen as the "false path", as you put it - not because it actually is a false path, or that there are even paths to be taken that can be considered right or wrong, but simply because you on the line of Anno, don't want Shinji or the audience to like or associate with Rei.

Because that would, even though it shouldn't, hamper your own enjoyment of the series.

To this end, you, much like Anno, drastically reduced the characters to mere totems of otaku escapism, where waifuism and choosing a waifu is the actual end-game.
>>
File: rogue-modron.jpg (75KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
rogue-modron.jpg
75KB, 672x372px
>>14081485
> He doesn't even accept that Rei was a clone of Yui

Wow. I am actually kind of at a loss for words.

There isn't anything I could say that would get through a headcanon that thickly layered.

Do you think the fact that Rei looks like Yui with blue hair, is one of a batch of numerous clones, and didn't show up until after Yui died in the custody of her obsessed and grieving husband is all just coincidence?
>>
>>14081513
Before you start throwing false accusations, search yourself for answers first.

Rather than ask rhetoric questions, let's use logic and rationality, evidence and if present, proof to define whether or not Rei was a clone of Yui in NGE.
Let's settle this like adults, no?

The first question we should ask is, was Rei ever mentioned to be a clone of Yui in NGE?

We can begin by answering that. Let's have you answer it.
>>
>>14081513
That Rei is a clone of Yui is fanon. I understand why people think that, but it's an unfortunate misunderstanding on part of rather shallow fans.
>>
>>14081509
>All you've constructed here, as Anno has with EoE
Meant to write Rebuild. Part of a sentence that didn't get deleted.
>>
>>14081513
>>14081522
Well? It shouldn't take this long to answer.
>>
>>14081513
Well anon? Are you prepared to discuss this as adults, or will you let your silence be the evidence that you were wrong?
>>
>>14080903
He technically already did at the end of 3.0 by just piloting the same eva that Shinji awakened.

Also Shinji was seeded by Zeruel at the end of 2.0 to trigger that impact, so there's also that.
>>
>>14081530
I thought Rei synchro'd perfectly with Yui.
Plus "the way you wring out the towel is very motherly" says something. If you have an explanation as to why all the coincidences line up perfectly then feel free. She's a soulless clone who was filled with Lilith's spirit.
>>
>>14081999
>She's a soulless clone who was filled with Lilith's spirit.
I thought it was equal parts yui goop and lilith goop since it was from the stuff they scooped out of her entry plug so it was ex-yui and LCL
>>
>>14081530

Is it really fanon if even characters in the show thought it was true, even if they couldn't prove it? Ritsuko's mom seemed pretty sure that Rei looked fucking exactly like Yui.
>>
are toiletfags really that desperate to make shinji fucking his mother not seem weird?
>>
>>14082019

Important thing to remember s that the soul and the body are separate things in Eva, and Nerv has an entire field of study about the observation and manipulation of the soul. They call it Metaphysical Biology, its what Yui majored in. Soul Science is a thing in NGE.

Rei is a series of clones that are designed for them to be born as empty soul vessels. Their original purpose was to serve as a container for Lilith's soul to keep Lilith's soul outside of Lilith's body as a safeguard to keep Lilith from waking up. Nerv also later realizes that they can print fake souls into the clones to serve as a sort of pilot replacement, which is the basis of the dummy plug system.

But as a series of clones, they need to have a genetic donor. All evidence points to Rei being based on Yui's DNA, from her circumstances of her origin to characters mentioning that she looks like her to how Gendo and Shinji both treat her. That DNA may have been tweaked a bit to have her server her purpose as a soul vessel, a lot of the process her was never elaborated on, but we are still taking 95% Yui DNA in the end result.

The soul tech was also used throughout Rei's lifetime to monitor her and, after the death of Rei 1, make periodic backups of her memories so that she could be replaced if she should die again. Gendo was lucky that Rei 1 died while she was still very young, so replacing her with a blank copy was still easy to pass off as kids being forgetful and weird.
>>
>>14082019
But the clones in the vat had no soul, I thought. Maybe they meant all Reis have no soul but on the other hand that's what seems to power the dummy plugs. I do know that the Rei 2 who died was neither Yui or Lilith, she was her own person, so that does make sense. I know that the new Rei does keep all the memories of the other Reis though so I assumed there was some kind of transference of soul. I guess that's just them all being connected by LCL or some shit though.

Who knows. Yours sounds really plausible though.
>>
>>14082067

You are very close, just missing a couple of details.

You are right in that the Rei's are not 'Lilith', but they do carry around Lilith's soul. Its a part of them, and their whole reason for being.

Interestingly, Rei never seems to be aware of the fact that she is carrying around Lilith until Kaworu forces her to confront that information. Perhaps Gendo thought that knowledge of what she truly was would be too dangerous for her to have.

But while there is some memory transfer between bodies, its not perfect. The first evidence of this is that Rei III has incomplete memories: she clearly does not remember the battle in which Rei II died, and indeed realizing that memory gap exists is when Rei realizes this must be her third incarnation.
The other part is that while Rei III remembers things that happened to Rei II, she mentions that they don't feel real, like they didn't happen to her.

So the most likely explanation is that the memories get backed up elsewhere, such as in that machine she is always seen in at the bottom of Nerv, which basically just makes a save file. Rei III remembered only up until the most recent save, it was impossible for anything after that to be passed along. And the implanted memories don't hold the same weight as the real ones did to Rei II, which sucks for Gendo because it means that Rei III is only a few weeks old instead of having been genuinely loyal to Gendo for years.

It makes you wonder if Gendo's plan would have succeeded if he had been able to enact it with Rei 2, or if the Unit 01 hijack was always going to be too strong for Rei herself to have a say in.
>>
>>14081999
>>14082023
None of these indicate that they thought she was a clone. They don't think it, nor do they say it.

Hence, the anon who claims she is a clone of Yui is claiming so not because it's true, or because it's shown to be true in the series, but because he wants it to be true.
>>
>>14082082
Yeah, I missed your post before typing that up. I understand now, it's pretty much what I figured but I wasn't going to put a ton of thought into it when I haven't seen the shoe in a while.
>>
>>14082060
>>14082082
This is fairly close, although if you want to make clear any percentage, the going is 50/50, based on comments from Sadamoto who gives that exact figure. Anything else would be speculation, but I'd speculate given Rei's physical abnormalities that the Yui-percentage is much, much lower than 95%.

The notion that Rei is a complete clone of Yui is reductionist hatred coming from posters such as
>>14082032
and
>>14081513
>>14081379

for reasons that are entirely based on character-loyalism to another character than Rei.

>>14082082
>You are right in that the Rei's are not 'Lilith', but they do carry around Lilith's soul. Its a part of them, and their whole reason for being.
The Rei-clones are soulless, and this is made clear in NGE ep 23.
>>
File: 47671947_p0.jpg (221KB, 363x800px) Image search: [Google]
47671947_p0.jpg
221KB, 363x800px
>>14082082
>The other part is that while Rei III remembers things that happened to Rei II, she mentions that they don't feel real, like they didn't happen to her.
Inaccurate.

It's the other way around.

In episode 23, Rei sheds her first tears when fighting against Armisael. This is commented on. Rei dies in this fight, but is resurrected as Rei III.

Now, Rei's body has naturally none of the memories Rei II had just prior to her death, since they could not have been backed up. Her brain, nerve-pathways and everything is "fresh". Only her soul and consciousness isn't.

So when Rei sheds tears in her apartment later in the episode, she remarks that she does not remember having cried before, but that she still knew that it wasn't the first time.

If you want an explanation of how it works, this: >>14074056
offers the correct answer.
>>
>>14082082
>>14082067
Rei II isn't Yui, but she is Lilith.
>>
Textwall kun you've got to stop.
>>
>>14081035
Baffling, I know.
>>
>people talk EVA for once
>textwalls! staph!

Does /m/ just have evangelion or something?
>>
>>14082286
It's all waifu faggotry
>>
>>14082302
>>14082297
Hm. Well among the posters ITT, the only autistic or close to autistic posters I'd count is you.
>>
>>14082304
Excellent discussion we're having here.
>>
>>14082302
*autistic Asuka fan who can't deal with any eva discussing touching on Rei

FTFY

now go away and let the grownups talk.
>>
>>14082309
>>14082302
Sounds to me like you've got a problem with people talking Evangelion. Why not dial down your own autism and you know - not post?
>>
>>14082319
This post ironically reeks of underaged, down to the rhetoric
>grownups

And I know for a fact your autistic ass doezn't have the nuance. Missed me babysitting you, eh? Too fucking bad.
>>
>>14082323
You could just try not samefaggig on a board as slow as /m/
>>
>>14082319

Not everything is Rei vs Asuka, dude. No one is talking about the pilot of Unit 02, and we don't have to be talking about Asuka in order to point out that a certain Reifag is taking their headcanon way too seriously.
>>
>>14082339
We need to be talking about Asuka fans, since right now, they are shitting up a good thread.
>>
>>14082339
See
>>14082335
>>14082328
>>14082309
>>14082302

and arguably some other posts like
>>14081513
>>14081013
>>14081035
etc

Immature, lame posts which add nothing but waifu wars. It's not a Rei fan who takes the head canon seriously, the Rei fans (note the plural, if they even are rei fans) were having a topical discussion helping each other out.

Notice how Asuka fans make up their own headcanon and then when called out on it, refuse to discuss further.

Childish, bad people out to ruin threads.
>>
>>14082352
>>14082347
Asuka fans to tend to be territorial and rowdy. Maybe we should discuss Asuka a bit to include them?
>>
>>14082347
>We need to derail this thread harder because of alleged derailing
Reifags raising the bar on their much touted discourse evidently.
>>
>>14082302
If it was shitposting I could understand but the discussion is completely civil and related to eva. If you can't form an argument or join in don't complain.
>>
>>14082361
>implying they're here to discuss
Chances are you'd just make things worse. Evangelion threads run the best when they're under the radar for team red.
>>
>>14081530
So 3.33 is essentially adding a new canon?
>>
>>14082364
I, too, believe that passive aggressive complaining from Reifags upholds only the most chivalrous of tenents. Clearly you are the saints you advertise yourself as and totally do not samefag or circlejerk. At all.
>>
>>14082364
Asuka fans like that guy don't really need a reason to start complaining. That's what they're here for.
>>
>>14082364
Its an autistic asukafag who triggers anytime people talk about Rei.

Asuka fans are generally very mad about that for some reason.
>>
>>14082370
If the airship didnt tip you off that it was creating new canon, nothing will.
>>
>>14082370
Pretty much, yeah. They also changed Yui's backstory, so instead of being named Yui Ikari, she's now Yui Ayanami.
>>
>>14082376
That's what being less popular, and being fan of a character who Rei humbles more than on one occasion will do to you I guess.
>>
>>14082387
Now that is just a straight shitpost. You'd think Asuka fans wouldn't out themselves as being the worst this willingly.
>>
>>14082385
>shamelessly replying to yourself or circlejerking on this level
Might give the /c/ thread some presents at this rate.
>>
>>14082387
Go cuddle with your asuka daki.
>>
>>14082391
>Fuck he has us bullseyed, better lament that he's a no-good poopy shitposter
>Azukafags lmao
>>
>>14082385
Asuka fandom might be the worst of the fandoms I know.

Gundam fandom gets loud but they defend series not entire characters like this
>>
File: you lost me.png (13KB, 150x181px) Image search: [Google]
you lost me.png
13KB, 150x181px
>>14081971
Pictured: you
>>
>>14073129
Probably the best rebuild film. Felt like Anno was really working his magic. Proof is retard fanboys like
>>14079169
>>14073824
>>14073404
>>14073858
>>14073991
Yeah it is iffy on some stuff but it felt like i was watching Evangelion on vcr again, not some neon Nike greatest hits vangelion of the first two rebuilds.
>>
>>14081513
>Wow. I am actually kind of at a loss for words.
It's called having no rebuttal and losing the argument, friend.
#rekt
>>
>>14082438
But anon, you are the retard fanboy sperging about nostalgia, those people just call it for what it is, a sleazy cash-in.
>>
>>14082440
>#rekt
Patting yourself on the back is never anything other than pathetic, whether you're right or wrong.
>>
>>14073753
Yep
>>
>>14073129
So how is rebuild a sequel to EoE? I remember there being a huge ruckus about it since Anno said it was or something
>>
>>14082442
It only took the dumb fans until 3.0 to realize that it was a sleazy cash in, because the movies were straight-up pandering until 3.0 happened.
>>
File: 12342135895.jpg (26KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
12342135895.jpg
26KB, 853x480px
>>14082401
It's a long story to explain, but Rebuild's impactsare basically just some breeding experiment that SEELE and NERV are trying to control.

As a whole, Reebuild's version of instrumentality was originally supposed to be loving, consensual ayylien sex between two seeds, resulting in the birth of hybrid FAR-like life forms with the qualities of both fruits in their possession.

This becomes pretty apparent once you realize that the following events share some pretty key similarites:

>asuka contamination scene: 9th angel already within unit 04, begins 'contaminating' the core and Asuka with blue core material. Now Asuka is some hybrid freak and who knows what's going on with her eye now. An impact would've happened if Rei was piloting it. And Rei was originally going to be its test pilot until Asuka told her to back out.

>2.0 near-third impact: Rei swallowed by 10th angel. Shini passes through blue core material to save Rei. Takes contaminated Rei into eva unit 01's core. Commences impact.

>3.0's 4th impact: Mark 9 starts dispersing blue core material into Wunder's core, with eva 01 and Rei's soul inside. Would've resulted in impact's completion if Asuka didn't stop it. Meanwhile 12th angel with weird Rei shit going on is absorbed into a Shinji controlled eva 13, with Kaworu being the contaminationg trigger by simply being the core's co-pilot.

tldr;
angels = sperm doners
evas = wombs
pilot/Rei = egg that needs to be fertilized.
>>
>>14074218
>Asuka gets a new EVA

You mean Unit 02 upgraded with tape?
>>
>>14083572
dude

it was a yaoi joke

you're going full autist over a yaoi joke

I mean I know there's subtext in the series itself but

but you're going full autist

over a yaoi joke
>>
File: 1437123650384.png (347KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
1437123650384.png
347KB, 800x440px
>>14073129
I'm still waiting for the movie between 2 and this one.

when watching the 3.33 all i got was "poor shinji why everyone hate him...wait we're years into the future now?"
>>
>>14083493
3.0 was even higher on the pandering scale m8. It was pandering in the true sense of the world too.

1.0 and 2.0 were basically on-par, or under par when compared to how much pandering NGE did.

>>14083572
Get a grip on your life.
>>
>>14073129
Its a shit movie and your post is retarded.
>>
>>14084241
Yeah, I know it was a joke. Don't really care either way.

>>14084483
I wish you would, cancerous Reifag.
>>
>>14085057
Quir stirring up waifu wars you manchild autist. Fuck off to /a/.
>>
>>14085098
The one who stirred it up was the cancerous Reifag, not me.
>>
>>14085193
There is no cancerous reifag ITT, only you.
>>
>>14085193
So where is this mystical "Reifag" ? Because unlike your string of retarded shitposts, I see people discussing like civil people until some retarded "hurhurhurdur reifags" jump in.
>>
Worst movie ever.
>>
File: third rebuild.png (3MB, 2626x983px) Image search: [Google]
third rebuild.png
3MB, 2626x983px
Intentionally confusing to goad idiots such as the OP into believing it's "deep".
>>
File: 17054360_p0.png (335KB, 846x1200px) Image search: [Google]
17054360_p0.png
335KB, 846x1200px
>>14074552
Huh. I never even noticed.
That cheapens the series a whole lot more
>>
I liked it, but I have no interest in 4.44. I always liked Kaworu and Shinji's relationship for what it brings out in Shinji and what it says about the cast as a whole; simple positivity and bare kindness does so much more than anything else that anybody tries, and I feel like 3.33 expands on that well. That being said, I have no interest in a Post-Impact world, and without Kaworu it frankly feels like theres not many places to go. You can't prevent 3rd impact, Shinji can't save who he wants to save; whats the plot going to be?
>>
>>14087492
It could be about Shinji, Rei and WILLE getting a hold of Kaworu's soul and trashing, removing it from existence killing Kaworu permanently and ending the loops.

That sounds very interesting and is the way forward to go for Rebuild if it doesn't want to suck.
>>
File: sitrfriedshit.jpg (371KB, 1600x2280px) Image search: [Google]
sitrfriedshit.jpg
371KB, 1600x2280px
Movie was a mess from start to finish. Also who the fuck approved the Wunder? What the fuck was on the internal memo when it went out of draft
>>
>>14087945
>ayy anno we need sum dessy igns ere
>sup famalam, whatcha all about
>i unno, just fuck my shit up
>say no mo, say no mo
>>
>>14087506
Where does it state the loops? I just finished watching all of rebuild yesterday but all I got was some minor EoE references like the blood stain on the moon
>>
File: m6QSNIS.jpg (687KB, 1515x3200px) Image search: [Google]
m6QSNIS.jpg
687KB, 1515x3200px
>>14088526
People found some shit. The further you scroll in the pic the more lose it gets.
>>
>>14087963
>finalname
I still haven't watch 3.33 should i give it a watch /m/?
>>
>>14088568
Ah ok thanks! Me and my friend picked up on that but I just thought they changed second impact. It all makes sense now thank you!
>>
>>14073129
So what is Gendo's plan this time around?

Is it to get his wife back like last time?if it is then he's going about it in a very weird way.
>>
>>14088624
Wish I could unwatch it desu, what a waste of time that was.
>>
>>14089577
Anno still doesn't know.
>>
>>14089577
To release Gothicmade.
>>
>>14087381
What is the context of this image?
>>
>>14089969
They are discussing 3.33
>>
>>14090948
I meant were did the image come from and what was the original context?
>>
>>14091026
I can't remember
>>
>>14087506
Shinji is the one initiating the loops, for them to end Shinji would need to be the one to die.
>>
>>14091210
Nah, it's Kaworu. Even if it's Shinji Kaworu should be deleted anyway.
>>
>>14091217
Kaworu only remembers, Shinji is the one actually doing it.
Kaworu can't be the one doing it because he's "born" from a coffin in 1.0 and hints at Shinji's timelooping in the piano scene in 3.0.
>>
>>14091228
Even less evidence that it's Shinji, hopping out of a coffin doesn't mean he's not responsible.

I'm not even demanding that Kaworu is responsible, but quite clearly Kaworu should be erased from existence for the betterment of mankind AND the franchise.

Kaworu is responsible in sort of a "meta" way, because the timelooping aspect of Rebuild is created for that character.
>>
>>14091234
>Even less evidence that it's Shinji
The only evidence of timelooping is from Shinji. His god-like powers and the theme of repeating until your satisfied are only attached to him.

I don't see how Kaworu could timeloop if he came out of a coffin 15 years after Second Impact occurred. He only seems to know about it, SEELE and Gendo most likely know to.
Because of the Dead Sea Scrolls, maybe?

>I'm not even demanding that Kaworu is responsible
Then why respond in the first place?

>the timelooping aspect of Rebuild is created for that character
It was clearly created for Shinji since he is the one timelooping. Also because Anno is using Rebuild as the means to make Eva a Gundam-ish franchise.
>>
>>14091243
>The only evidence of timelooping is from Shinji. His god-like powers and the theme of repeating until your satisfied are only attached to him.
Not evidence, and Kaworu being aware of timeloops and not being human is officially more proof.

He can very well be responsible for the timeloops, and merely be set to appear somewhere in them at some specific time as he mapped out himself.

>Then why respond in the first place?
Courtesy, and I argue that there is more evidence for Kaworu than Shinji. Not that I'm demanding that either of them are responsible.

Looping can be twisted into a bad thing, and if Anno is as bad of a person as this thread implies he is, he'll just pin the blame for the loops on whoever he doesn't like of the characters. Anything can be written in.

>It was clearly created for Shinji since he is the one timelooping. Also because Anno is using Rebuild as the means to make Eva a Gundam-ish franchise.
Nonsense.

It's created for Kaworu because since movie #1, he's been featured in scenarios and with dialogue that is implicitly or explicitly tied to the idea of looping. Think Devilman.

Anything else is a secondary effect, at best he's hitting two birds in one stone. At any rate, if Evangelion is to be fixed, Kaworu has to be toned down.
>>
>>14091255
>and Kaworu being aware of timeloops and not being human is officially more proof.
Well then you'd have to include SEELE and Gendo on the list of people who can timeloop then, because they know even more than Kaworu does.

>I argue that there is more evidence for Kaworu than Shinji
Well, I disagree based on what I mention in a previous post.
Shinji was already confirmed to be the one looping in the newest SRW game, anyhow.

>It's created for Kaworu because since movie #1
It's created because Anno said Eva is a story that repeats. He said he wanted Eva to be able to be a franchise like Gundam, with many different series under its belt. This would require a change in characters, themes, done by different directors and so forth.
A timeloop or alternate universes is the best way to accomplish this, and Shinji is the one confirmed to be timelooping regardless.
Kaworu, SEELE, and Gendo just having knowledge of the timeloops doesn't mean anything in itself for those characters.

>Kaworu has to be toned down
Well he's dead now, so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: tumblr_mhzmx07z5d1rec90to1_500.png (114KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhzmx07z5d1rec90to1_500.png
114KB, 500x400px
I liked a lot of the ideas this movie had. I liked that the weaponizing of other angels that we saw at the beginning of 2.0 became a bigger thing with the Nemesis series. I like that it's pretty much about a resistance group flying a giant whale around a surreal post-apocalyptic landscape fighting cybernetically enhanced angels. The utter bat-shitness of it seems pretty brilliant (to me I guess) on paper but I agree that the movie was utterly mismanaged. Asuka and Mari should've aged normally with younger pilots or possibly clones taking their place. I feel like the former option would disregard Otaku pandering in such a way that it would make the viewer's discomfort mirror Shinji's, while the latter option says something about the trivialization and disposable nature of characters that are essentially diluted down to waifu material. But then again we already got the latter option with Rei and I'm kind of forcing a unsubstantiated interpretation onto things because I think it sounds cool. Maybe it would be worth it just to see Misato sink to those depths out of desperation. As for Shinji not aging I feel like him being in stasis inside an Eva, possibly in an immaterial state, would've been enough to keep his age at 14 years old and a proper vessel for the audience to experience the movie's "future-shock." I'm rambling but let me finish by saying that an ova about WILLE's adventures trying to outrun Seele in a giant whale with monster of the week shenanigans would get me pretty wet. Eva mk.6 would make a cool mysterious recurring antagonist and Kaworu could debut properly as its pilot in 3.0 instead of it getting sacrificed without it even doing anything.

tldr; this movie had really really cool shit that was frustrating to see in such a horribly written context.
>>
>>14085486
He is probably the only waifufag in the thread, a Asukafag no less that has been banned on both /a/ and /m/ for shitposting far too much
>>
>>14091265
>Well then you'd have to include SEELE and Gendo on the list of people who can timeloop then, because they know even more than Kaworu does.
I think it's officially stated that they know just as much. SEELE and Gendo are villains that usually get what's coming for them, so no need to worry there.

>Well, I disagree based on what I mention in a previous post.
What you mentioned got disproved by what I wrote in the previous one, didn't it?

It's Kaworu who throughout all four movies have had knowledge about the loops, while Shinji knows nothing. If they're going to make it either one of them, Kaworu makes the most sense and that's a fact.

>Shinji was already confirmed to be the one looping in the newest SRW game, anyhow.
SRW ain't canon, sort of weak to even really mention it really.

>It's created because Anno said Eva is a story that repeats.
Anno says this after the fact. The original NGE wasn't a story that repeats in the sense that it looped. A timeloop as presented in 3.0 exists purely for one thing, Kaworu. He is the only character drawing any sort of character-related advantage from it. You can't deny it.

A timeloop is not the best way to accomplish a gundam-esque story at all. Gundam went at it fine for a long, long time without including loops of any sort whatsoever.

>Well he's dead now, so it doesn't matter.
Loops, sonny. Loops. You need to erase Kaworu from the story completely, and step on the corpse. Only then can evangelion move forwards and out of the loops, of continually rehashing itself into something worse.
>>
>>14091302
What a waste of potential this unit was.
>>
>>14091341
>SEELE and Gendo are villains that usually get what's coming for them
Really? Maybe for Gendo, but I seem to recall SEELE getting exactly what they wanted in EoE.
Also, I'd wager they know much more than Kaworu considering they tricked him in 3.0.

>What you mentioned got disproved by what I wrote in the previous one, didn't it?
You didn't even mention any of my evidence, you just tried to claim that Kaworu somehow had more than Shinji.
And Shinji knowing nothing is part of the point, Gendo and Fuyutsuki even said he's being brainwashed in 1.0.
Kaworu, SEELE, and even Gendo know about the loops. Just having knowledge doesn't mean anything, especially with the Dead Sea Scrolls around.

>SRW ain't canon
It doesn't have to be. That's what Anno wrote and that's what is mimicked in other Eva spinoffs as well. To suddenly reveal Kaworu as the one timelooping would throw a curveball.

>the original NGE wasn't a story that repeats in the sense that it looped
No, not in the looping sense. But that's what Anno is clearly going for now.
And I do recall the only reference towards timeloops being made in 3.0 was the piano duet where Kaworu gives advice TO SHINJI on repeating.

>A timeloop is not the best way to accomplish a gundam-esque story at all.
Okay, well tell that to Anno not me.

>Loops
Which again, Shinji is the one creating.
If you want an Eva-less Kaworu, then tell that to Shinji who obsessively keeps bringing him back.
>>
>>14087963
>jaded old man playing with an airplane model

This picture gets me every time
>>
>>14091360
>Really? Maybe for Gendo, but I seem to recall SEELE getting exactly what they wanted in EoE.
They went out thinking that, but the instrumentality they so desired was disrupted. Gendo got his.

>Also, I'd wager they know much more than Kaworu considering they tricked him in 3.0.
SEELE didn't do anything in 3.0, and it's officially said that they know just as much. Kaworu is just a dumbass, a dumbass who is dangerous to let live.

>You didn't even mention any of my evidence, you just tried to claim that Kaworu somehow had more than Shinji.
Your evidence got disproven. Shinji's god-like powers for instance, the DSS-choker is something that Kaworu comments was originally meant for him.
The theme of repeating is brought to Shinji by none other than Kaworu, who has been for three movies the arbitrator of loops and loop-related symbolism.

That Gendo or SEELE knows isn't substantiated, as only Kaworu has mentioned things of relation to it. That Shinji was brainwashed doesn't relate to any looping stuff, but what he saw as a child.
This disproves everything you've laid forth so far.

>SRW
Still not canon.

>No, not in the looping sense. But that's what Anno is clearly going for now.
Because it's advantageous for him in terms of adding it to Kaworu's character.

>Okay, well tell that to Anno not me.
I'm telling it to you because you're pretending that there isn't another way. Anno included the timeloops on cause of Kaworu's character, to mimic other franchises like Devilman.

>Which again, Shinji is the one creating.
No evidence. Even if Shinji is the one who is creating them in-universe, Kaworu is still the ultimate cause of them existing in the franchise.

>If you want an Eva-less Kaworu, then tell that to Shinji who obsessively keeps bringing him back.
Sick fanwank, and you're clearly delusional. Shinji or Kaworu doesn't exist and can't have their own opinions, no other opinions than the ones Anno has.
>>
>>14091360
>>14091371
To sum it up, the whole looping concept exists primarily because of the need to increase the inclusion of Kaworu in Evangelion.

So far it is the only character who can draw any advantage from it either in-universe, or as a character with a position in the franchise. <--- Address this.

This also means that if we are to use logic, Kaworu is also the most likely to have caused them in-universe. If he isn't, removing Kaworu would still fix the problem as there would be no need to have any loops.
>>
>>14091310
Asuka fans are really vile.
>>
>>14091391
I honestly don't know why though, everyone got their characters completely reset and raped in this movie, even her
>>
>>14091391
Ah yes, the ol' replying to oneself.
>>
>>14091371
>but the instrumentality they so desired was disrupted
No it wasn't.
As long as humans choose to, they can remain in instrumentality. SEELE most likely chose to remain there, meaning they won. They got what they wanted thanks to Shinji and Rei.

>SEELE didn't do anything in 3.0
They said they're leaving their desires with Gendo, they're on the same team. Kaworu is a pawn in their plans, he doesn't know what their plan is until he figures it out near his death.

>Your evidence got disproven.
No, it never did.
Shinji's god-like powers include saving Asuka at the beginning of 3.0, somehow diving into a core and saving Rei in 2.0, taking full control of the eva in a supernatural way that was impossible in NGE. He has apparently enough power to even keep a unit awakened even when Kaworu is gone from it. The DSS choker just implies they are both inhuman.
Repeating is brought to Shinji by Kaworu, but also by Fuyutsuki. Kaji even says something along these themes in 2.0. It's a constant theme, and the theme is always directed towards Shinji. He is the one who is making the decisions, he is the one who chooses to repeat, redo, advance, etc.

>That Shinji was brainwashed doesn't relate to any looping stuff, but what he saw as a child
It's never clarified what exactly the brainwashing referred to. Fuyutsuki says in 3.0 Shinji forgot about his mother, not that he was forced to forget.

>Anno included the timeloops on cause of Kaworu's character
Then he would have made Kaworu the timelooper, not Shinji.

Shinji is established to be the one looping, why Kaworu knows what he knows isn't revealed yet; it may be because of Shinji.

Like you said, Anno wants Eva to be like Devilman and wants to expand the franchise to other directors, and he does that through timeloops. Having Kaworu being the one introducing the element makes sense, Kaworu is that kind of exposition character anyway. He did the same with the introduction of the ATField and Lilith in NGE.
>>
>>14091379
Kaworu only serves to introduce the concept of timeloops.
In theory, had Kaworu not existed, another exposition character like SEELE, Fuyutsuki, or even Gendo could have introduced it; but Kaworu makes the most sense.

The timeloops are inherently linked to Shinji regardless of who introduces them. They're not an advantage or disadvantage to anyone, they're just a thing in Rebuild that works to connect the franchise to future works.

Kaworu said what he needed to say to progress the plot and the character of Shinji, now he is dead and gone from the story. Loops are still an element, and will be addressed and linked with Shinji in the final movie.
>>
>>14076226
Well, shit-eaters gotta eat
>>
File: FDyhcF7.jpg (738KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
FDyhcF7.jpg
738KB, 3264x2448px
>>14091396
>No it wasn't.
>As long as humans choose to, they can remain in instrumentality. SEELE most likely chose to remain there, meaning they won. They got what they wanted thanks to Shinji and Rei.

Here's why you're wrong:

Instrumentality is a joint existence of all mankind into one. This is set into motion by SEELE, but broken by Shinji and Rei in EoE after giving it a try. Therefore, that people can now leave this existence means that instrumentality is no more.

What you're thinking of, is how they are able to recover. They can't stay in instrumentality because it clearly ended. All of the souls were on-screen, expelled from instrumentality. You actually see it happen.

So no, they didn't get what they wanted. Especially when you see what they said they wanted in EoE, for it to become a private ARK for them. They settled for instrumentality, but that was broken, so in the end, they didn't get what they wanted.
>>
>>14091413
So then if Instrumentality is no more, then where are all those souls?
In the LCL that comprises the ocean.
And SEELE is assumingly among them.
No barriers, no possibility of rejection. They're still existing in that desired way right until the end of the movie.
>>
>>14091423
They are existing, separately, outside instrumentality.

Watch the goddamned movie. They float out in whichever direction, not in some sea or whatever.
>>
>>14091396
>They said they're leaving their desires with Gendo, they're on the same team.
Gendo had no problem screwing them over either. 3.33 is too vague for you to know what happened. It must be ignored in it's entirety.

>Kaworu is a pawn in their plans, he doesn't know what their plan is until he figures it out near his death.
Because Kaworu is dumb.

>No, it never did.
Yes it did. Try replying to it, and you'll see instead of ignoring it. You bring up a new point with Shinji diving, but this is explained in the movies in 2.0, that they go to deep into the core, making them inhuman. Mentioned twice, once for Mari, and once for Asuka.

The DSS-choker was first made for Kaworu.

>It's never clarified what exactly the brainwashing referred to.
Then you can't admit it as evidence of any sort. If Shinji was able to forget about his mother, then as a child recognizing it as his mother, he would hardly have any god-powers either. Unlikely as hell.

>Then he would have made Kaworu the timelooper, not Shinji.
Circular logic, you haven't proved or shown that Shinji is the timelooper. So far, only kaworu knows of the timeloops, only Kaworu's character is related to the timeloops, and your argument is finished.

Other directors do not need timeloops to make Evangelion. Your position is a farce.
>>
>>14081379
That is complete bullshit in the Rebuild movies though, since the first she started becoming her own being with Shinji himself pushing her to become her own individual independent from his father, like when he says that its not right for her to say that no one will care if she is gone when they fight the laser spam angel in the first movie and later when he saves her in the aftermath, then in the second movie she gets together with Asuka to try and bring father and son together of her own accord, without being ordered by anyone, she even goes to Gendo himself to ask for him to come to the dinner with Shinji, while she was indeed barely there for a great part of the original NGE they had a clear plan of developing her character along with everyone else in the movie, Shinji himself change across both movies becoming more confident and finding self worth with the only bump being literally force to beat his new friend half to death by his father and even then he still went back later when he saw two pilots get destroyed trying to help him escape
>>
>>14091425
>not in some sea or whatever
All the humans souls are still in LCL until they form their own body, this is apparently the red ocean, as we see Shinji come from there.
>>
>>14091404
>Kaworu only serves to introduce the concept of timeloops.
Remove Kaworu, remove timeloops. Logic! In fact we can remove all solid ideas of loops from Rebuild if we just remove Kaworu from the franchise/series.

You literally can't deny this any more. Everything you've written at all points has now been soundly disproven.

You keep forcing that it's for Shinji, but in Rebuild everything proves you wrong as 100% of the time, it's related to Kaworu.

Why the denial?
>>
>>14091434
[Citation needed]

Stop backtracking and moving goalposts. Instrumentality is over. It's finished, it was established only to be broken. This is what happened.

That is why people have now the ability to come back, if they can form themselves. The joining of all souls was what instrumentality was all about, the removal of barriers. If we visually confirm the souls splitting apart in EoE, and the characters exclaim the end of instrumentality, it's over and you need to drop your failed pet theory.

Show some courtesy, or retreat to fanfiction.net where you can decide what's canon yourself.
>>
>>14082067
It might be a case of a being managing to grow its own soul after living with Lilith inside her for so long
>>
>>14091442
>If we visually confirm the souls splitting apart in EoE, and the characters exclaim the end of instrumentality
We see giant Lilith dying and her LCL (the souls of humans) sprayed onto the moon, around her, into the sea.
Shinji comes from the sea.

The souls that she gathered are still there, in LCL form. And without physically form, they technically have no barriers, just like instrumentality; this is why we only see Shinji and Asuka on the beach, everyone else so far apparently chose existing as LCL than as a human with the possibility of rejection.
>>
>>14091432
It's bullshit in both the Rebuild movies and NGE. What you just responded to was insane Asuka fan rationalization designed to dampen the pain they feel because Rei lost to Asuka.
>>
>>14091468
>We see giant Lilith dying and her LCL (the souls of humans) sprayed onto the moon, around her, into the sea.
No, not the LCL. The red, dots, the floating souls are what we see expelled. Not the "blood", the LCL.

This separation, which breaks everything Instrumentality is about, shows that you're wrong.

What has happened to the rest is that they are shapeless, they are no longer within instrumentality. For fucks sake, get your shit straight or just don't bother replying. The same happens with Shinji in episode 19, he's lost his human form but he isn't in any instrumentality. He's "tang" as we jokingly call it.

Rei does it every time she dies, her body is removed but her soul is salvageable and can be attached to a new body for revival.

But instrumentality, the joining of all souls unto one, ended when Shinji decided that it wasn't a good idea after all, and with that, SEELE's dream spills right into the drain.
>>
>>14091469
Man, it has been years since I last saw the original NGE and the most I remember are just some episodes, like the that they had a blackout and the three worked together to defeat the acid spider angel or the one in the volcano and that one who trapped Shinji in a alternate dimension
>>
>>14091476
There's no difference between instrumentality and existed as LCL/tang.

What Shinji experiences in episode 19 is no different from what he experiences in EoE.
>>
>>14091432
Of course it's bullshit. I've heard that interpretation before, and without fail it comes from an Asuka fan.

It's the only recourse they have left to justify that everyone doesn't like Asuka, and everyone doesn't choose Asuka. So of course they have to make up some nonsense about Evangelion is about choosing the "right waifu" and whatnot.
>>
>>14091493
Then you're quite clearly delusional. If that was the case, all they had to do was to kill all of mankind then, or just reduce themselves to tang.

The conjoining of ALL souls unto one is not the same as ONE PERSON being disembodied for an episode and a half. I think you've overdosed on yaoi doujins and can no longer think straight.
>>
>>14091502
>all they had to do was to kill all of mankind then
That's what SEELE was trying to do. And the only way to be reduced to tang is by Lilith or via the way Shinji was in the show. It's not the same, but the experiences were similar. Anyway, what you said about theme existing as souls is fanwank. They are LCL until they can reform their physical forms, that's why Shinji comes from the sea.
>>
>>14091502
Not that anon but from wehat I understand what Seelee wanted was to have everyone get tanged and fuse all souls into Unit 01 and create some sort of super god that would exist until the end of time, only thanks to Gendo fucking up and with Shinji telling both to go fuck themselves humanity was just left in the primordial soup until they wanted to become people again with only Yui managing to win and become the super god unit 01 that will exist alone until the end of the universe as she says in the closing narration.
The original plan was to have everyone inside Unit 01 but since that fialed they are all in the LCL as Shinji himself was in episode 19 because it failed and only one soul got bound to unit 01, I don't even think Gendo got to stay with his wife
>>
>>14073753
Anno's busy directing the new godzilla.
>>
>>14091438
I can't help but get the impression you're sexually aroused by Kaworu to the point where you want him to disappear from you life.
>>
>>14091520
They repeatedly say "joining all souls unto one" in the show. Fuck off idiot.

>>14091522
Bottom line: SEELE didn't get what they wanted.
>>
>>14091947
They're one with everyone right now except Asuka and Shinji.
They got what they wanted.
>>
>>14091988
They're not "one" with anyone. Everyone is separated, but not joined in the End of Evangelion because Shinji decided to undo instrumentality.

SEELE got fucked, and they certainly didn't get the whole "creation of a super god" plan to work out.
>>
>>14092005
Then explain the LCL ocean. All those souls had to go somewhere.
>>
>>14092012
Doesn't matter where they went - the point is that SEELE wanted them all joined as one. When they ended instrumentality, all the souls were released and set free.
They could be floating around earth, they could have fell into the sea, whichever way they went, they aren't in the instrumentality-state SEELE wanted.
>>
>>14092021
We're only shown everyone as LCL in the movie, so we have to assume they're still in the form of LCL until they conjure a body.
That means they're all together as LCL, in the ocean, on the moon, whatever. The point is SEELE doesn't have to feel rejection; and that means they got what they wanted.
>>
>>14092035
No. When people get raptures, their body is turned to a lliquid. But you can see their soul floating away.

The soul is what is part of instrumentality, not the lcl.
>>
>>14092066
LCL is the primordial soup of life.
>>
>>14092035
SEELE's goal was never just to not feel rejection. They had grand plans about artificially evolving mankind, and using the power to become as gods.

Floating around with form doesnt match that, and they were thwarted in the end.
>>
>>14092072
They seemed pretty happy when they were being tanged though
>>
>>14092070
Are you just being stupid now?
>>
>>14092078
That is what LCL is.
>>
>>14092077
Because they thought they would be getting what they wanted.

They didnt account for Shinji and Rei being able to undo it.
>>
>>14092083
You are just being stupid then.

Because that has jack all to do with whats being discussed?
>>
>>14092096
I don't think instrumentality was undone, because then there would be people on the beach besides Asuka and Shinji
>>
>>14092103
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primordial_soup
>>
>>14092104
Fucking moron. Everyone who can imagine themselves can come back precisely because instrumentality ended.
>>
>>14092111
Then why don't they?
>>
>>14092104
Shinji and Asuka are on the beach because Instrumentality ended. Otherwise, they would be stuck.
>>
>>14092113
Who ways they dont? There is even a scene which shows people popping up.
>>
>>14092170
No?
>>
>>14091431
>Gendo had no problem screwing them over either
We have no idea if he screwed them over, we just know they know more than Kaworu.

>Mentioned twice, once for Mari, and once for Asuka.
And yet Shinji is able to do things that Asuka and Mari can't. They don't have DSS chokers, for instance. Though a DSS choker has nothing to do with whether you can loop or not.

>Then you can't admit it as evidence of any sort
I can, because the fact that he was the one brainwashed implies that Gendo is intentionally having something hid from him.
Shinji also forgot about his mother in NGE, too.
Either way Shinji does actually have god-powers as we see in these movies.

>you haven't proved or shown that Shinji is the timelooper
I did, in one of my very first posts. And then Shinji is actually proven and established as a timelooper in other materials. So your argument technically finished several posts ago.

>>14091438
>Remove Kaworu, remove timeloops
Like I say in the previous post, we'd only need SEELE or a similar group to say the things Kaworu says in 1.0 and we'd still have timeloops easily. In the Manga, we even have Shinji doing a world reset and he doesn't even remember it, Kaworu is nowhere to be found.
Loops are now a constant in the franchise, established by many characters in the franchise as I've mentioned above.
With Kaworu dead and these characters still alive, loops still exist and confirm that he can't possibly be the one doing them.

Rebuild final not having Kaworu in it, but timeloops still being a presence (connected to Shinji) furthers this.

I can't force what has already been established by external materials. Shinji is the one resetting.
If you hate loops so much, you'd need to get rid of Shinji or just Rebuild in general.
You're arguing against reality which has proved you wrong in your second post. At this point you're just arguing for the hell of it even though you lost hours ago.
>>
>>14092196
Yea. Just after Shinji decides to end instrumentality there is a scene where you see bodies starting to appear bit by bit.
>>
>>14092277
0/10 delusion.
>>
>>14092293
I don't remember a scene like that
>>
>>14092322
That's just what a sore loser would say.
>>
>>14073919
>The reason they didn't tell Shinji what was going on is because he didn't need to know
It seemed more like their already terrible social skills got worse in the time between the previous film and this. All it does is make their terrible social skills very prominent, if people didn't already realise that.

They didn't even just angrily tell him "YOU NEARLY CAUSED THE END OF THE WORLD!". All they needed to say was that one sentence, but they couldn't even do that. That's how pathetic they are. They can say all sorts of things angrily towards him, but they can't answer his question at all.
They flat out ignored the question, and just kept being an ass to him.
Everyone has terrible social skills in Eva, and 3.33 just made their terribad social skills very obvious.
>>
>>14082438
Yeah OP here I haven't tried to have a serious discussion on /m/ in ages and I forgot that talking about NGE and rebuild is worse than trying to talk about My Little Pony. There's a reason there are so many toku threads. Most people can't understand anything unless it's meant for little kids.

This thread was a mistake and I'm sorry.
>>
File: file.png (122KB, 539x294px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
122KB, 539x294px
>>14083328
It's not it's a retarded fan theory that does not hold up under scrutiny. The evidence is just confirmation bias and nothing more.
One of the biggest parts of the theory was that Unit 02 has the same damage it had at the end of EoE which is literally not true. Plus it's just an homage to Dix Neuf. Other parts were like Kowaru saying vague mysterious shit that could mean anything, like in 3.33 he says he'll meet Shinji again. It's because he's dead and Shinji is a human so he will die so their souls will meet in Gates of Guf or whatever.
>>
>>14087492
> simple positivity and bare kindness does so much more than anything else that anybody tries, and I feel like 3.33 expands on that well.

The thing about that and 3.33 though is that the basic kindness and hope Kowaru gave Shinji lead him to the exact same spot as the end of 2.

I think the plot outline was literally the preview for Final Misato gave us. It'll be about the Asuka, Rei and Shinji going to a place where they find hope, and maybe something as simple as stopping Gendo's plan.
>>
>>14092392
Chalk it up to poor memory then.
>>
>>14092277
>We have no idea if he screwed them over, we just know they know more than Kaworu.
False, and this has been said to be false by the staff that made the movie.

They know "just as much".

>And yet Shinji is able to do things that Asuka and Mari can't. They don't have DSS chokers, for instance. Though a DSS choker has nothing to do with whether you can loop or not.
Mari and Asuka could very well be wearing a DSS-choker, you can't see Kaworu's when he's wearing a plugsuit. Moreover, this was about his "godlikepowers" first and foremost.

>I can,
No, because you aren't able to specify what he forgot. The only thing Shinji has been said to have forgotten was his mother. You've got nothing.

>I did, in one of my very first posts.
Everything has been shot down. Everything. You have failed to address the facts too, such as how Kaworu is the only character related to the loops in Rebuild.

You're still wrong, and you need to accept that.
>>
>>14092277
>
Like I say in the previous post, we'd only need SEELE or a similar group to say the things Kaworu says in 1.0 and we'd still have timeloops

But since they didn't, your argument is moot.

Rebuild FINAL isn't out either so no, tough luck arguing for something that doesn't exist.

>You're arguing against reality which has proved you wrong in your second post. At this point you're just arguing for the hell of it even though you lost hours ago.

It is an undeniable FACT that Kaworu has 100% of the loop material in Rebuild.

It is an undeniable FACT that removing Kaworu would remove more or less everything related to loops.

It is an undeniable FACT that Kaworu is the only character in the entire movie series that has advantage from the loops, as a character and as a character with a position in the franchise.

You cannot dispute these facts, and so you lose.
>>
>>14092501
Same guy you replied to, explain he blood stain on the moon and there being more then one angel in second impact
>>
File: file.png (51KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
51KB, 198x254px
>>14092609

The only loop that exists in Evangelion are it's loopy fanbase.

Or perhaps the circular nature of your argument.
>>
>>14092605
Mari and Asuka can sell merchandise by themselves, therefore they can't destroy the world
Shinji can't sell by himself, therefore he can destroy the world

Are you a newfag or something
>>
>>14092976
EVAs fanbase is loopy indeed, but Evangelion still teases loops as a function of waifu/husbando pandering, with the Kaworu fanbade as the primary target.
>>
>>14093305
I want to die when I read posts like this.

Goodbye /m/
>>
>>14092035
>We're only shown everyone as LCL in the movie, so we have to assume they're still in the form of LCL until they conjure a body.
We're shown that the LCL isn't of importance.

People get "tanged", the LCL is just the remains of their body. Their souls are floating wherever. The souls needs to interact with the LCL in some way to reform their bodies, and reconnect body with soul.

Instrumentality is the joining of all souls, which is what is started in EoE but broken by Shinji and Rei.
>>
>>14092605
>>14092609
>Shinji is shown to reset/loop the world in the Manga
>Shinji is shown to reset/loop the world in SRW
>Shinji is shown to reset/loop the world in ANIMA
>Shinji is shown to reset/loop the world in numerous manga/game spinoffs
Hurrr, it's totally Kaworu who's doing it u guise!

You lost the minute you established your stance on the subject. Face reality.
>>
>>14093585
>muh unsubstantiated false evidence from other spinoffs not related to that one
>muh complete and blatant denial of the actual facts concerning Rebuild

As long as you denied the facts concerning Rebuild, you lost. You lost because you were completely unable to prove anything, while I proved everything I needed to make absolutely prove my claims.

It is an undeniable FACT that removing Kaworu would remove more or less everything related to loops.

It is an undeniable FACT that Kaworu is the only character in the entire movie series that has advantage from the loops, as a character and as a character with a position in the franchise.

You lost faggo. Now fuck off to /cm/ or wherever you pathetic Kaworufags belong.
>>
>>14093585
What does those things have to do with Rebuild again? It's not even true that Shinji makes shit loop in the manga or SRW, in the SRW only Kaworu is part of the time-diver team. This is why you can't trust fanatic Kaworu fans, they just can't be honest.

I've watched all three Rebuilds, yes, regrettably even the third, and from the first movie Kaworu is the one bringing the heavy guns, if not all the guns on nailing the looping concept. He speaks always as if he's aware of the loop, while literally no one else is. No one else speaks of it, mentions it, or seems to know anything from any previous worlds. If we were to remove Kaworu entirely from the Rebuilds, we wouldn't have any solid looping material left, sans symbolism like blood on the moon.

Quite frankly, if we actually are to fix the Rebuilds, permakilling Kaworu to symbolically kill the loops would be a good way to do things.
>>
>>14093598
Look man, Shinji is already stated to be the one inducing the loops, I don't know what to tell you.
The Manga should have been enough evidence already, but we're blatantly told in other materials as well.

I don't know why you're in denial of this so much, even in Rebuild all sense of repeating and looping is attached to Shinji. That's why we have characters like Fuyutsuki and Kaworu telling it to him, that doesn't mean either of them loop. Kaworu obviously doesn't because he awoke from a coffin and talked with SEELE about Shinji 'awakening'.
>>
>>14093630
Shinji resets the world in the manga

He manifested alternate realities in the Anime

Rebuild just furthers this, he's the MC with the power

Kaworu, SEELE, and Fuyutsuki just hinted at it and the former two have died.
>>
>>14093633
>no evidence

Hey, Kaworufag: fuck off. You lost. We're talking about Rebuild, you're bringing up the manga.
>>
>>14093630
Kaworu is dead, and the next movie is titled "you can (not) repeat). Yeah, sure, Kaworu is clearly the one behind looping.
Shinji is the one thats doing the redoing and repeating dumbass.
>>
>>14093633
>>14093642

>Kaworufag delusion

You've got nothing.

As long as you denied the facts concerning Rebuild, you lost. You lost because you were completely unable to prove anything, while I proved everything I needed to make absolutely prove my claims.

Again:

As long as you cannot disprove these FACTS, you have lost the argument.
>>
>>14093641
Evangelion has been a franchise of numerous works since NGE2 was released, Manga just foreshadows what happens in Rebuild, that's why they included shit like Mari.

>>14093649
>Reifag losing it
Shinji is the one resetting the world, sorry my nigga. You lost in your first post, so repeating yourself is just getting pathetic at this point.
>>
>>14093642
>>14093637
>>14093633
Look man, replying more than once doesn't change the facts. Kaworu is the #1 character associated with looping in Rebuild.
>>
>>14093655
>Kaworufag losing it

You have yet to disprove any of the facts laid forth by Rebuild. All you're doing is showing everyone how deluded and insane Kaworu fans are.
How utterly fake their devotion to the character is, because they won't accept it for what it is.
>>
I swear no matter where you are discussing Eva it will bring out the worst in both sides of autism
>>
>>14093641
If Shinji is looping/resetting in every single Eva spinoff and even in the manga, then I think it's pretty likely he's the one doing it in Rebuild too.

>>14093658
>>14093663
It's pretty pathetic you're samefagging, but that can't change the fact Shinji is the one tied to looping in the franchise.
Next movie is titled you can not repeat, and it most certainly doesn't refer to Kaworu, that nigga is ded.
>>
>>14093655
>moving goalposts
It's not going to help when the discussion surrounds Rebuild. You got proved wrong about Rebuild, so you make up shit about the manga, SRW to fit your argument. You lost this the minute you tried to use other sources that weren't relevant.

From someone reading this, it's just so sad how crazy you are, because the other anon even said that he didn't think it's definitely Kaworu or Shinji, he's even open to the fact that it can be anyone else causing them. But evidence wise, he's right and you're wrong.
>>
>>14093672
Reifags are just incapable of discussing things without trying to bring up fanbase wars and other retarded metashit.

It's all they have.
>>
>>14093672
Only one side here with autism, this sad, sad Kaworufag trying to push his homo agenda on everyone else.

It's only a matter of facts, Kaworu is the only one talking about and discussing loops.

>>14093674
>nothing: the post

Why can't you go out with some dignity at least?
>>
>>14093677
Why are you using third person pronouns to reply to yourself?

All implications of looping or world resetting lie with Shinji in Rebuild. Shinji being capable of similar things exists in spinoffs and even the manga as well.
Are you going to argue Shinji didn't do a world reset in the Manga?
>>
>>14093683
Can you point to where in the movies Kaworu talks about loops? I don't recall him ever mentioning looping.

All indications of repeating and redoing are said by Kaworu and Fuyutsuki TO Shinji. What implies the opposite of what you are arguing.

You're incapability to discuss without bringing up meta marks you as a deranged waifufag, but everyone knew that already.
>>
>>14093674
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter who or what is looping the timeline of events in Eva because regardless of the actual details, Kaworu is the only one so far to even be aware that there is a loop going on.

He's the only one to make any sort of remark about it and in 3.33 is greatly disturbed by the fact that things aren't happening the same way. I think that's evidence that Kaworu may not be pulling any strings but has a lot more freedom than any other character to do what he wants.
>>
>>14093688
>>14093693
>>14093679

Hey Kaworufag, you lost. You already lost when your refused to address the previous arguments. You're the one incapable of discussing like a normal person.
>>
>>14093694
>Kaworu is the only one so far to even be aware that there is a loop going on
Where? SEELE, Gendo, and even Fuyutsuki say the same things as Kaworu.
None of them actually mention a loop.
>>
>>14093674
>>14093679
>>14093693
Again:

Again:

All you've achieved with your excessive defensiveness is show how ugly, disgusting and base fujoshi/otaku are, because you just won't come down to a reasonable level and have a discussion. You've been given every chance, every opportunity, but realizing the truth would more or less invalidate your participation in the fandom, so you can't do that.

You can't grow up.
>>
>>14093698
Why can't you discuss normally without forcing in metashit? Are you autistic?

You seem to care more about fanbase politics than the show itself, and that's pretty disturbing.
>>
>>14093693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdCCqR6Fw3I

not him but Kaworu totally knows about the timeline looping
>>
>>14093703
If you can't answer the questions or form a constructive rebuttal, but must instead resort to meta and ad homs, then it's clear this is your limit.

I can't even say this was a fruitful discussing because from the beginning you brought nothing of substance to the table.
>>
>>14093701
See >>14093708
>>
>>14093693
>>14093701
>Kaworufag being intentionally obtuse

Kaworu referring to Shinji in the first, second AND third movie despite never having met, is the first "looping" clue material. He speaks as if he already knows Shinji, while in the story they have never met.

Kaworu says that "THIS TIME", he'll bring Shinji happiness, implying there were others.

Kaworu in 3.33 goes on about how the world repeats the same cycle since time immemorial.

None of the characters have this element to them. Only Kaworu, and no one else, refers to the events as if they had happened before.

I mean, just face it already. This looping stuff is so centered around Kaworu it's insane to deny it. All Kaworufans collectively cream themselves that they are part of this sort of deal, and you deny it because you know it's shallow. You know it makes Evangelion worse.

We can only have a worthwhile conversation if you drop the pretense of not being a shallow Kaworufan.
>>
>>14093708
>>14093714
He says I will make you happy this time, not I'm looping.
Even SEELE knew about the existence of Shinji and his awakening in 1.0, it's not something Kaworu exclusive.
>>
>>14093706
>>14093713
Stop backtracking already. You've lost the argument, and you've gotten like ten or fifteen chances to make a rebuttal. The only one making meta and adhom here is you, the characterization of you is getting personal because you've made it personal.
>>
>>14093720
>this time
Meaning it's happened AT LEAST once before. I don't know if you're just intentionally not wanting to believe it or if you're just trying to upset us but nobody here is saying Kaworu is exclusively behind the looping, just that he's at least aware of it.

Why are you making such a big deal about this, anyway?
>>
>>14093718
But as I said before, all of that implies he only knew about it, not that he's the one directly causing the loops.

>Kaworu in 3.33 goes on about how the world repeats the same cycle since time immemorial.
So doesn't this pretty much confirm that Kaworu ISN'T the one looping?
Congrats, you confirmed my position in your very own post.

More metashit? You really do have a problem, don't you.

>>14093721
You're the only one who brought up fanbases and waifufags in the conversation, anon.
You do it all the time and are literally uncapable of discussing without it because as autists do, they can't break unhealthy habits.
>>
>>14093713
That post is on-topic. I'm asking you a set of questions that are considered facts about 3.33. They are among other facts, central to the argument first made.

You have been unable to disprove them. You have deserved every bit of ad-hom in that post, because you've acted like a retard this whole thread and EVERYONE can see it. Is it so much to ask that you either

1: Fuck off if you can't rebuke
2: Concede if you can't rebuke
>>
>>14093731
If you had actually followed the conversation instead of stepping in halfway through, you'd know
>nobody here is saying Kaworu is exclusively behind the looping, just that he's at least aware of it.
Is actually my position in the argument, the other anon is arguing against it.
>>
>>14093733
>You're the only one who brought up fanbases and waifufags in the conversation, anon.
Was always a part of the argument, anon.

Stop backtracking already. You've been outed as an insane Kaworufag, who can't even get down to earth with the rest of the normal people to talk Evangelion.
>>
>>14093735
Meta is not on-topic. I'm sorry you're so sick in the head to see this.
You've shown your immaturity and inability to discuss rationally.

You don't address my points because they prove you wrong, as does reality.
Shinji has already been established as the one causing the world to reset in other canons and spinoffs. You only have a dead argument on your hands, but your pride can't let it go.

>>14093739
>metashit
This is getting to the point where I think you might be bonkers.
Not once have I seen you able to discuss Eva maturely without bringing up fanbase politics and metashit. You literally can't separate the two, and this has most likely taken an unhealthy toll on your being.
I'm genuinely concerned for your mental health.
>>
>>14093736
>Is actually my position in the argument, the other anon is arguing against it.
Really?

Because if I scroll up just a little bit I find this: >>14091234
>I'm not even demanding that Kaworu is responsible
and also
>Kaworu is responsible in sort of a "meta" way, because the timelooping aspect of Rebuild is created for that character.

and even
>Courtesy, and I argue that there is more evidence for Kaworu than Shinji. Not that I'm demanding that either of them are responsible.
>Looping can be twisted into a bad thing, and if Anno is as bad of a person as this thread implies he is, he'll just pin the blame for the loops on whoever he doesn't like of the characters. Anything can be written in.

so the case here is obvious. That poster isn't you. He's arguing against you.

So obviously, you are not sane. You cannot understand anything that isn't blatant pandering, and you're only defending your favorite character and FAILING at every turn to do so.
>>
>>14093747
>baseless complaints

You're just whining like a little bitch because you lost an online argument. How about you waddle back to tumblr where you belong?
>>
>>14093750
>meta
So you prove that the anon (who is actually you just samefagging again) wasn't even on the same page as me in the beginning.
He's arguing for the sake of arguing, a dying argument mind you.
>>
>>14093753
>more meta and adhoms
Jesus christ, you can't stop can you?
If I asked you to try to have an argument without bringing meta up one, I wonder if you could do it.
Even your entire argument in this thread, as proven here: >>14093750 is completely centered around meta.
A substanceless position. That you completely lost.
>>
>>14093733
>But as I said before, all of that implies he only knew about it, not that he's the one directly causing the loops.

Which puts Kaworu far ahead everyone else in terms of being related to loops.

Meaning you lost the debate.
Meaning you've been trying your hardest to shitpost and derail the discussion because you couldn't own up to that.

>hurr metashit
Don't think for even a second that "metashit" is even a valid argument for your own faggotry.
>>
>>14093756
You just got disproved hard son. Again here's what you wrote:

>Is actually my position in the argument, the other anon is arguing against it.

which when reviewing the argument, absolutely false. The proof are those direct and numerous citations.

Why don't you accept that you were wrong?
>>
>>14093769
>Which puts Kaworu far ahead everyone else in terms of being related to loops.
Because he is implied to know about it? Then you have to put SEELE, Fuyutsuki, and even Gendo on the same level as well, since they know just as much (even more) than he does on the subject.

Your entire argument is centered around metashit, so I'm glad you can at least admit it isn't valid.
>>
>>14093764
>>14093756
>>14093747
>m-meta
Really, so when you lose the argument and don't want to admit to having been obviously wrong, you start complaining that people aren't treating you right?

Guess what, everyone is going to treat you like the shit you are, in this thread and every other tread you walk into, because it's YOU that paint a huge target on yourself when you act like a retarded kaworufag fanboy.
>>
>>14093778
No you dumbass, no one, not Gendo, not SEELE, not Fuyutsuki, not anyone EXCEPT Kaworu has any line where they say, imply or infer that they're aware that this has happened before, or that it's happening again.

Why do you think for even a second that you're not obviously full of shit here? Are you so inconfident and insecure you can't even admit to being wrong on an online imageboard?

It's OVER. All we're doing now is just hammering in how utterly pathetic you are.
>>
>>14093773
>The proof are those direct and numerous citations.
So in other words, one anon arguing meta and another one arguing the actual show.
The former losing on the very fact that he was arguing on a subject that wasn't even the matter at hand.

Thank you for proving me right, you saved me some time getting the citations myself.

>>14093782
Another post on fanbase politics?
I just asked you if you were capable of having a discussion without bringing it up, and you've proven you actually can't.
I'm sincerely worried about you, is your body actually incapable of separating the two?
>>
>>14093788
>imply or infer that they're aware that this has happened before
In 1.0 SEELE and Kaworu both know Kaworu has awakened again.
In 3.0 Gendo implies SEELE has gone through the attempts of instrumentality before.
So they're all on the same level, according to your argument.
Except everytime they bring up this subject it almost always links to Shinji. Huh.
Could it possible be related to how Shinji can reset the world in various other canons and spinoffs? Who knows!
>>
>>14093790
You're clearly done anon. No more on topic posts, only butthurt.
>>
>>14093790
In other words, you were proven wrong and you can't admit it. That's sad.

>>14093795
>In 1.0 SEELE and Kaworu both know Kaworu has awakened again.
So mad you can't write the right names any more, Kaworufag-kun?

SEELE would know because - guess what, they're SEELE. They lead the organization and head everything, they know. Kaworu isn't part of SEELE and no one seems to have told him, he just knows. In 2.0 he explictly says it happens "again", something SEELE never does.

at this point, this argument is over.

It's over. You know yourself that you're wrong. It's time to give up anon.
>>
>>14093795
see >>14093731

SEELE doesnt' at any one point act like they're going through this a second, third or god knows how many times. Only Kaworu does.

The idea of looping and having it connected to a character is so far in Rebuild, only connected to Kaworu. If SEELE, the mother organization of NERV who tracks everything NERV does knows that Shinji is a pilot after several sorties, no one is surprised. But Kaworu, appearing to just wake up and come to life knowing without being told, that's fishy.

When Kaworu explains about the recurring ev ents in 3.33 to Shinji, and says that "THIS TIME" he'll make Shinji happy, it's also clearly inferring that he's going through a loop. No other character has this, not a single one.

This makes Rebuild's looping scheme objectively related to Kaworu more than anyone else. Beceause if you removed Kaworu, we'd suddenly have no solid evidence of looping any more. Just by removing one character.

If this doesn't convince you, then you are clearly not someone in good mental health.
>>
File: 81s1QDgkOyL.jpg (365KB, 1400x2100px) Image search: [Google]
81s1QDgkOyL.jpg
365KB, 1400x2100px
>>14093797
I'll take this as you conceding.
Reality proved you wrong from the beginning anyway.

>>14093808
>>14093822
>SEELE would know because - guess what, they're SEELE
Okay, but this still means that they're as tied to looping as Kaworu is.

>Kaworu isn't part of SEELE
Yes, he is. He's called SEELE's boy, for fuck's sake.
And he even says "I know" to SEELE as soon as he wakes up, knowing what they'll tell him.
So we've established they both know the same information, SEELE most likely knowing more since they're in cahoots with Gendo.
Where is your argument again? Oh yeah, down the drain.

>Beceause if you removed Kaworu, we'd suddenly have no solid evidence of looping any more
You'd have to remove Fuyutsuki's conversation, SEELE's conversation with Gendo, SEELE's mentioning of Shinji's awakening in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the red sea, Shinji's SDAT, the blood on the moon, Anno's words on Rebuild, Shinji's connection with timelooping/alternate realities in numerous other media, INCLUDING the show and manga, and so forth.
Thanks for sealing my victory in this argument.

Now, let's try to play a game. Let's see if you can make a post without bringing up metashit. Not just in response to me, but for the rest of this thread.
Let's see if you're actually capable of discussing a medium without autistically raging about retarded fanbase politics that only dumbasses care about.
Let's see.
>>
>>14093835
>conceding
You're one cheeky little fuck. Now concede or go away.
>>
File: 1389069367827.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1389069367827.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>14093841
I concede to me winning, yes.
>>
>>14093835
>Okay, but this still means that they're as tied to looping as Kaworu is.
No, because they don't infer looping or imply looping.

>Yes, he is. He's called SEELE's boy, for fuck's sake.
In the same way the children are referred to NERV's children. They don't know jack shit, stop taking names out of context you moron.

>And he even says "I know" to SEELE as soon as he wakes up, knowing what they'll tell him.
Exactly, he knows despite not being told. Meaning he loops.

SEELE would know because they've been awake for some time and has seen the events unfold. Kaworu however, has not.

>So we've established they both know the same information,
No we haven't you delusional fuck.

>SEELE most likely knowing more since they're in cahoots with Gendo.
>Where is your argument again? Oh yeah, down the drain.

You are fucking insane. Let's play a game, let's see how quickly you start bitching about meta-shit while bringing it up yourself.
>>
>>14093835
Confirmed for being someone in not good mental health. Just quoting my post will suffice to show your insanity:

>SEELE doesnt' at any one point act like they're going through this a second, third or god knows how many times. Only Kaworu does.
>The idea of looping and having it connected to a character is so far in Rebuild, only connected to Kaworu. If SEELE, the mother organization of NERV who tracks everything NERV does knows that Shinji is a pilot after several sorties, no one is surprised. But Kaworu, appearing to just wake up and come to life knowing without being told, that's fishy.
When Kaworu explains about the recurring ev ents in 3.33 to Shinji, and says that "THIS TIME" he'll make Shinji happy, it's also clearly inferring that he's going through a loop. No other character has this, not a single one.

You had no rebuttal whatsoever to this. Whatsoever.
>>
>>14093835
Still not seeing it, crazyfag. SEELE doesn't say they're going through this more than once, neither does fuyutsuki, gendo or anyone at nerv. Only Kaworu does. The rest including SEELE only talks about stuff that's going on or stuff they've planned to do in the future. None of them reach back into some previous life or instance of the current.

What saddens me about the Evangelion fanbase is that I've never ever in my 15 years of knowing it ever met a Kaworu fan who wasn't clearly mental.
>>
>>14093849
>No, because they don't infer looping or imply looping.
Either does Kaworu, really.
People were theorizing Kaworu was Shinji's childhood friend when 1.0 came out.

>In the same way the children are referred to NERV's children
And guess what, those children are part of the NERV organization, just like Kaworu is part of the SEELE organization.
You said Kaworu isn't part of SEELE, when he clearly is.

>Meaning he loops
What an assumption, he just came from a fucking coffin. How could he loop?
SEELE being immortal from the getgo could also imply they loop too.

>No we haven't you delusional fuck.
We have, you've even said before they know the same amount. Are you changing your position now?

>>14093859
>You had no rebuttal whatsoever to this
First of all, "this time" does not mean Kaworu is causing the loops. He was just born in 1.0. Having knowledge of it doesn't make him to one causing them, SEELE themselves make references to previous time too.
>>
>>14093865
>meta
Welp, here it is folks.
It took you exactly 5 posts to prevent yourself from bringing up fanbase politics.
Confirmed for being physically incapable in distinguishing metashit from discussion.
This is saddening.
>>
>>14093876
>First of all, "this time" does not mean Kaworu is causing the loops.

Just stop. The point is to prove, as it has done, that Kaworu is the only character ever made with relation to loops. This has now been proved.

You are clearly someone far below average intelligence. You're either hopelessly retarded to not notice how wrong your own argument was, or you actually think your dishonesty will work.
>>
>>14093865
>Now, let's try to play a game. Let's see if you can make a post without bringing up metashit. Not just in response to me, but for the rest of this thread.
Let's see if you're actually capable of discussing a medium without autistically raging about retarded fanbase politics that only dumbasses care about.
Let's see.

Ding ding ding! We have a loser!
Your record time is 5 posts before bringing up metashit. Can you try going for 10? Do you best, autismo!
>>
>>14093876
>Either does Kaworu, really.
Just shut the fuck up! Do you really think no one is capable of seeing through your bullshit?
>>
>>14093885
>>14093882
Ding ding ding! We have a samefagging butthurt Kaworufag that's insecure about his own fandom to the point where he can't remain rational!
>>
>>14093884
>>14093888
Kaworu never says the word loop, he never says he is looping, he is making referenced to a repeat in events. And if that's all it takes, then SEELE, Gendo, Fuyutsuki, and so forth are all on the same level as him.

Now stop samefagging and go for 10 posts this time. I've resolved to dedicating my time in trying to cure your disease of autism, be thankful.
>>
>>14093891
You're already giving up on the game?
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in trying to cure it.

Come on, 10 posts. I know you can do it if you try big boy.
>>
>>14093876
>Either does Kaworu, really.
So

>I'll save you THIS time Shinji!
>You never change Shinji (said when he's never met in the series!)
>I've been looking forward to meet you again Shinji (while they've never met!)
>Explaining about the recurring events to Shinji

does somehow NOT make Kaworu related to loops?

You know what, even Akira Ishida says Kaworu has been through many cycles.

Why don't you just give in? You've clearly lost this argument.
>>
>>14093901
>does somehow NOT make Kaworu related to loops?
I never argued he wasn't related to it. Maybe if you knew how to read, you would know this.

>You know what, even Akira Ishida says Kaworu has been through many cycles.
Yeah, he's been through them. He has knowledge of them. He remembers them. He's just not the one causing them, Shinji is.
>>
File: Shinji_AngelCore.jpg (89KB, 849x361px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_AngelCore.jpg
89KB, 849x361px
>This wasn't the happiness you wished for
>Don't make that face, we'll meet again Shinji-kun

So considering Kaworu dies after that scene, but he knows he'll meet Shinji again..doesn't that imply that Shinji actually is causing the loops? Kaworu can't cause them because he's dead, but he knows because Shinji isn't happy he'll loop again.
This makes the most sense especially considering the Manga's ending.
>>
>>14093910
So far you have no evidence to prove that it's Shinji. You have ignored the fact that Kaworu has more topically related dialogue and actions.

Was it really worth defending your false theory that much, anon? Was it worth showcasign Kaworu fans as utterly insane?
>>
>>14093922
>So far you have no evidence to prove that it's Shinji
I did. You just need to scroll up and read, it's not that hard.

Also I said 10 posts, why are you giving up?
Autism is curable, don't lose hope.
>>
>>14093920
No, it doesn't imply a single thing. It implies Kaworu failed and will loop again, knowing exactly what will happen. Everyone loops, but only Kaworu knows.

He's the only character the looping relates to after three whole movies. This makes Kaworu the de facto most likely candidate to causing them, but more importantly, it makes him the factual reason for the existence of the loops in the first place.

So far Kaworufag, you've only proved one thing: Kaworu fans cannot be trusted.
>>
>>14093892
>>14093900
>>14093910
So autist-kun, do you really need a written statement from Kaworu to even acknowledge the possibility that he's more related to the loops than anyone else?

You can stop ignoring the evidence, proof and facts that people have presented. Just accept reality, that's what Evangelion is about.
>>
>>14093928
So far you have no evidence to prove that it's Shinji. You have ignored the fact that Kaworu has more topically related dialogue and actions.
Was it really worth defending your false theory that much, anon? Was it really worth showcasing Kaworu fans as utterly insane?
>>
>>14093929
Kaworu can't loop because he's dead. If he could loop, he could have done it before he was about to die in the Eva.

Shinji is alive, and the next Rebuild title is you can not repeat. All evidence points towards him.

>>14093936
See >>14093928
I said 10 posts, if you actually are incapable of including meta in your posts that you need to be put in a mental hospital. I told you to prove me wrong and you can't. I hope you realize now that you have a serious problem. I tried to help you, to urge you to help yourself, and you can't even do that. I don't think I can have a serious, fruitful argument with someone like that.
>>
>>14093920
That just makes it worse. In three out of three movies, it makes Kaworu the only character talking about looping, referring to looping, and hell, even confirming that he IS looping!
If you removed Kaworu, then there would be no indication that anyone is looping left.

I think I understand now. Kaworu fan here knows that looping is bad, he knows that it's a bad plot device and a pandering device, so he can't associate it with his favorite. It has to be Shinji. Typical of Kaworu fans to turn on Shinji like this.
>>
>>14093934
Well considering Kaworu isn't the one causing the loops in the first place, I don't see how he could be the most related to them.

I've already shown you that without Kaworu, references to looping would already exist in Rebuild. Your argument just kinda fell to the ground there and now you're digging up old busted points along with meta.
>>
>>14093940
>Kaworu can't loop because he's dead. If he could loop, he could have done it before he was about to die in the Eva.
>hurr durr
Everyone loops if they die or not.

Stop denying the fucking facts already, you gobshite faggot. Kaworu speaks of looping, he confirms he's looping, NO ONE ELSE DOES.

It's a widely recognized fact that only Kaworu seems to know that he's looping in Rebuild. Are you being paid by Khara to shill for Kaworu or something? Do you get paid spouting lie after lie like this?
>>
>>14093941
>>14093946
see >>14093940
>I said 10 posts, if you actually are incapable of including meta in your posts that you need to be put in a mental hospital. I told you to prove me wrong and you can't. I hope you realize now that you have a serious problem. I tried to help you, to urge you to help yourself, and you can't even do that. I don't think I can have a serious, fruitful argument with someone like that.

I gave you evidence and you resorted to meta and ad homs. If you can't have a mature conversation I can't waste my time with you.
Take it to tumblr or somewhere else where you can discuss on a level suited to people your age.
>>
>>14093945
>Well considering Kaworu isn't the one causing the loops in the first place, I don't see how he could be the most related to them.

Holy shit, that circular logic and assuming something is false because you already assume your conclusion is correct. Why don't you take your shitty fandom back to /cm/ please? There's literally nothing you can say to anyone in this thread that can actually convince them.

You're wasting your time as it is, because after what must be like 50 posts you've shown time and time again your complete unwillingness to accept reality.

>I've already shown you that without Kaworu, references to looping would already exist in Rebuild. Your argument just kinda fell to the ground there and now you're digging up old busted points along with meta.

Wrong, you never did that. Kaworu is the only real reference and that's a fact.

>>14093940
>Kaworu can't loop because he's dead.
Nigger you must be fucking stupid. The implication is that he along with everyone else dies every single time, and he still loops. He still remembers.
>>
>>14093954
>i-igave you evidence
You gave NO evidence, you only shitposted. This is why you get memed on and ridiculed in return.

Kaworu discusses in ALL three movies topics that mean he is looping.
No one else does this. No one.

This means you are objectively wrong, and you're fanwanking. God, Kaworu fans are the most delusional of them all.
>>
>>14093954
>can't counter-argue
>complains about meta &adhom

Good job advertising that you lost. Sure must be bitter Shinji ends up with Asuka in EoE, huh?
>>
>>14093958
>because you already assume your conclusion is correct.
There's no assuming. Shinji is the one looping and that's a fact.

If you have to resort to an argument where dead people can fucking loop, then I have to assume you lost and are just trying to save face.
That's a really stupid position, anon. Especially considering Kaworu didn't loop in the Eva if he apparently "could have" according to you.
Kaworu, SEELE, Gendo, and Fuyutsuki establish a theme of repetition, it all links to Shinji. Shinji is causing the loops.

>>14093965
see >I said 10 posts, if you actually are incapable of including meta in your posts that you need to be put in a mental hospital. I told you to prove me wrong and you can't. I hope you realize now that you have a serious problem. I tried to help you, to urge you to help yourself, and you can't even do that. I don't think I can have a serious, fruitful argument with someone like that.

>I gave you evidence and you resorted to meta and ad homs. If you can't have a mature conversation I can't waste my time with you.
Take it to tumblr or somewhere else where you can discuss on a level suited to people your age.

>>14093970
>Sure must be bitter Shinji ends up with Asuka in EoE, huh?
I'm not a Reifag, thankfully. To this day they're still mad that Asuka had more of a will to live than Rei did, apparently.
>>
>>14093977
>i-igave you evidence
You gave NO evidence, you only shitposted. This is why you get memed on and ridiculed in return.

This means you are objectively wrong, and you're fanwanking. God, Kaworu fans are the most delusional of them all.
>>
>>14093979
>I said 10 posts, if you actually are incapable of including meta in your posts that you need to be put in a mental hospital. I told you to prove me wrong and you can't. I hope you realize now that you have a serious problem. I tried to help you, to urge you to help yourself, and you can't even do that. I don't think I can have a serious, fruitful argument with someone like that.

>I gave you evidence and you resorted to meta and ad homs. If you can't have a mature conversation I can't waste my time with you.

This is just disturbing. You really are incapable, aren't you? Autism is serious shit, man.
>>
>>14093977
So even despite the fact that everyone loops despite dying, you don't think it's possible that Kaworu loops as well? Even though Kaworu is the only character loop-related characterization and dialogue?

These two questions disprove all you've said. Stop doing damage control for your husbando. All you're doing is proving to everyone who reads this that you have nothing.
>>
>>14093983
>i-igave you evidence

>>
>>14093985
>So even despite the fact that everyone loops despite dying, you don't think it's possible that Kaworu loops as well?
Time is reverted, a new world/universe is created, no one knows, but someone has to be the one to do it. And you obviously can't do it if you're dead. The dead can be brought there by the one doing it, aka Shinji.
Kaworu, SEELE, and Gendo just know about it. Whether it's because of they are not human or because of the Dead Sea Scrolls, again, we don't know. But we do know the one initiating all this is Shinji, and no wonder everyone's plans conveniently revolves around him.
Much like how the titles of these movies in the first place, Alone -> Advance -> Redo -> Repeat all have to do with Shinji.

>>14093991
see >>14093983
>>
File: 1458878621270.jpg (30KB, 599x387px) Image search: [Google]
1458878621270.jpg
30KB, 599x387px
>>14093983
>>14093977
Fantastic shitposting Kaworufag-autist-kun.

We end this by stating for the record that you lost, and establishing the current facts:

- In Rebuild, the character with the most ties to the concept of looping is Kaworu
- In Rebuild, the character who has gained the most from the concept of looping is Kaworu
- In Rebuild, we can effectively remove all trace of looping by also removing Kaworu
- In Rebuild, the most likely candidate for causing the looping is Kaworu, both in universe and as a directorial decision

Therefore we can conclude that if we want to remove looping from Evangelion, Kaworu must be removed or altered completely as a character. Have his screentime reduced to less than 1/26th of the series, just like in the original.
>>
>>14094002
see >>14093983

You're seriously ill, anon. You could prove me wrong anytime you want by just not bringing up meta, but it seems your autism won't allow you to.
I'm genuinely concerned for you.
>>
>>14094008
Not even referring to meta, just what's in the show.
>>
>>14094002
All those bullets were proved wrong in the very beginning of this conversation, especially this one:
>In Rebuild, we can effectively remove all trace of looping by also removing Kaworu
which was debunked here, of course you never responded to it because you lost:
>>14093835

Repeating time and events is a theme embedded in Rebuild, inherently linked to Shinji.
Kaworu among other characters fuels the connection, but at the end of the day Shinji is the one doing the redoing and repeating.
>>
>>14094000
>Time is reverted, a new world/universe is created, no one knows, but someone has to be the one to do it.
Not necessarily, it can be initiated by any outside force or any of the currently looping forces. Even if they die, it will happen again because they've created a loop.

>And you obviously can't do it if you're dead. The dead can be brought there by the one doing it, aka Shinji.
Or rather Kaworu, since his death doesn't mean jack all since he can be revived a la Rei in NGE or Kaworu in EoE.

Stop pretending you "know" the initiator is Shinji, because you don't. Even if he is, it doesn't matter because KAworu is so far in 3.33 the only one with any ties to loops whatsoever. That's a fact.

Accept it, and move on and maybe find yourself a better show to shitpost.
>>
>>14094013
So, you're proving me right in admitting you don't know the difference between meta and the actual show.
>>
>>14094015
was debunked here:

>>14093849
and also here >>14093859

It's only Kaworu that needs to be removed, because SEELE, NERV or Fuytusuki don't refer to loops or that they've gone through this once before either. You've been debunked and your entire fandom is a lie.
>>
>>14094020
So you're proving me right that you lost the argument because you can't provide any counter-evidence. Good job, you fucking autist. I hope you will sleep well tonight knowing that you only showed how crazy Kaworu fans are.
>>
>>14094017
>Even if they die, it will happen again because they've created a loop.
Humans can't loop. Someone with the supernatural power has to do it, and they can bring the dead with them. Likewise characters from Rebuild are noticeably different from character in NGE.
Think Shinji in episode 26 who created an alternate universe within himself, bringing "everyone" with him.

>Or rather Kaworu, since his death doesn't mean jack all since he can be revived a la Rei in NGE or Kaworu in EoE.
Then he could have just looped in the Eva when shit hit the fan. He couldn't, and the Eva remained awakened even when he died. Shinji still had it awakened, Shinji is more powerful than Kaworu, Shinji is looping.

>Stop pretending you "know" the initiator is Shinji, because you don't.
I do. It's already been established in the franchise that he is.

>Even if he is, it doesn't matter
kek, then what are you even arguing?
>>
>>14094000
>i-igave you evidence

>>
>>14094000
>>14094030

>Kaworufag delusion

You've got nothing.

Again:

>>
>>14094024
>was debunked here
Nope, none of that was debunked. You didn't even mention any of those points.
Bringing up meta only furthers to prove your mental insanity.

>>Beceause if you removed Kaworu, we'd suddenly have no solid evidence of looping any more
You'd have to remove Fuyutsuki's conversation, SEELE's conversation with Gendo, SEELE's mentioning of Shinji's awakening in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the red sea, Shinji's SDAT, the blood on the moon, Anno's words on Rebuild, Shinji's connection with timelooping/alternate realities in numerous other media, INCLUDING the show and manga, and so forth.

>>14094026
>counter-evidence for meta
Take it to tumblr where someone would actually care about such retarded things.
>>
>>14094031
>>14094034
You're not even responding to the evidence anymore because you're head first in loser sand.

This is just disturbing. You really are incapable, aren't you? Autism is serious shit, man.
>>
>>14094030
>Humans can't loop.
Everyone loops, being brought with another or not. What you're providing is conjecture, not facts.

You have fanwank, I have facts, you lose, end of story.

>Then he could have just looped in the Eva when shit hit the fan. He couldn't, and the Eva remained awakened even when he died. Shinji still had it awakened, Shinji is more powerful than Kaworu, Shinji is looping.

The original Evangelion does not have looping. We are talking about Rebuild, not NGE. NGE and EoE is looping free.

>I do. It's already been established in the franchise that he is.
No it hasn't, and we're talking about Rebuild.

>kek, then what are you even arguing?
I'm arguing the facts.

- In Rebuild, the character with the most ties to the concept of looping is Kaworu
- In Rebuild, the character who has gained the most from the concept of looping is Kaworu
- In Rebuild, we can effectively remove all trace of looping by also removing Kaworu
- In Rebuild, the most likely candidate for causing the looping is Kaworu, both in universe and as a directorial decision

You're being a crazy kaworufag.
>>
>>14094040
>Everyone loops
Fanwank.

>The original Evangelion does not have looping
Reading comprehension, I wasn't referring to NGE in that sentence.

>No it hasn't, and we're talking about Rebuild.
And in both he is the one established to be looping.

>- In Rebuild, the character with the most ties to the concept of looping is Kaworu
see: >>14093835
Already been debunked, give up.
>>
>>14094035
It was all DEBUNKED because you have zero evidence that they have said that they were going through things more than once, or would in the future, like Kaworu.
was debunked here:

>>14093849 (You)
and also here >>14093859 (You)

It's only Kaworu that needs to be removed, because SEELE, NERV or Fuytusuki don't refer to loops or that they've gone through this once before either. You've been debunked and your entire fandom is a lie.

SEELE's converstion, Fuyutsuki's etc are all loop free. Prophecies are not looping. Talking about the future is not looping.

THE ONLY ELEMENT THAT INFERS LOOPING IS DISCUSSING THE PAST AND PRESENT AS A CIRCLE, WHICH IS WHAT KAWORU DOES.
He has been there in the past, and he says he will be there in the future. This is what establishes looping. Gendo's or the other's future planning is not looping.

Don't you get it yet Kaworufag? You've lost this argument since the beginning and everything has been one continuous shitpost.
>>
>>14094040
So, does autism prevent you from including meta in everyone of your posts?
Would your brain explode if you didn't somehow mention it?

I don't know much about the disease myself, please enlighten me.
>>
>>14094045
>Everyone loops
Fact. If everyone doesn't loop, it ceases to be a loop, since a loop implicitly includes the same actors reliving the same events.

>The original Evangelion does not have looping
Reading comprehension, I wasn't referring to NGE in that sentence.
This:
>Think Shinji in episode 26 who created an alternate universe within himself, bringing "everyone" with him.
does, and it's discounted beacuse NGE doesn't talk about looping.

>No it hasn't, and we're talking about Rebuild.
>And in both he is the one established to be looping.

>Already been debunked, give up.
never been debunked, see >>14094040
>>
>>14094047
see: >Beceause if you removed Kaworu, we'd suddenly have no solid evidence of looping any more

Shinji is the one looping and all themes of repetition are linked to him.

Try to make 10 posts without mentioning meta, I genuinely want to see if you can.
>>
>>14094051
Already been debunked, see >>14094053
>>
>>14094049
So does autismal kaworufaggotry prevent you from being rational? You refer to "meta" as some sort of buzzword that will excuse you from not shitposting and not being a kaworufag degenerate, but it wont' work.

see >>14094047

the answer is NO.

Fuyutsuki's conversation does not concern looping, or mention that he has lived these things before like Kaworu.
You have not provided evidence to the contrary.

Gendo's conversation does not concern looping, or mention that he has lived these things before like Kaworu.

SEELE's conversation does not concern looping, or mention that he has lived these things before like Kaworu.

So far, ONLY Kaworu's conversations has been proven to include these elements.

Try to make just ONE post being honest.
>>
Why do Reifags care about waifuwars so much, they can't even stop themselves from talking about it even when they're told to
>>
>>14094056
Never been debunked, see >>14094040
and also >>14094060
for the bonus.

You've accomplished nothing but showing how insane Kaworufags are. This is the perfect opportunity to show it because you keep refusing the facts, and so I'm just going to keep on doing this to show what sort of insane mongrels you are.

Even when proven directly wrong with posts like: >>14093736
which shows you can't even remember short term stuff, you won't concede.

Thank you for displaying your fanbases mental defiency.
>>
>>14094065
It's autism.
They care about a fictional character even more than their own grandfathers dying.

I'm genuinely ashamed of this fanbase, mostly because of them.
>>
>>14094065
>>14094073

Why do Kaworufags pretend they have any point whatsoever to make that ISNT about waifu wars? It's your entire fucking existence. You've been begged by multiple people to stay on point, to actually address facts and not fanwank, and you failed.

Everyone can see Kaworu is the most related to loops in Rebuild. Even several anons, me being one of them, said that "who utlimately causes them is unimportant", the only fact to establish is that within the Rebuilds is that Kaworu is the single character most related to the idea of loops. This is a fact, because none of the characters operate on any level consciously knowing of loops.
>>
>>14094076
The only one who brought up waifu wars in this thread was the Reifag.
His entire argument even centers around metashit.

It's retarded, especially considering his argument has been disproven by reality itself.
>>
>>14094053
I don't remember them saying anything about looping themselves. The only character who remembers is Kaworu.

>This time, I'll make you happy Shinji!
>We'll meet again
>I'ts the third again, you never change Shinji

and he goes on and on. He even refers to Gendo as if he knew him, when Gendo certainly offers not a single thought to show that.

It seems like you don't even know anything about your own favorite character.
>>
>>14094060
>>14094067
see >>14094056

I won't waste my time with immature metashit, go to tumblr for that.
You aren't bringing anything new to the the table but already disproven points, and I'm not in the mood to babysit with autistic children.
>>
>>14094081
The only one who brought up waifu wars in this thread was the Kaworufag.
His entire existence even centers around metashit.
It's retarded, especially considering his argument has been disproven by reality itself.

It's because Kaworu never had a solid character or a position in the story other as "that gay angel who died", so they are desperate for a more solid position in the canon, so they act like complete idiots wherever they go. Sadly it effects the rest of the fanbase in a bad way.
>>
>>14094086
>I don't remember them saying anything about looping themselves
Either does Kaworu, in that case. Where does he say the world 'loop'?

We never see Gendo's reaction to the statement either.
>>
>>14094087
>not a reply

Apparently, kaworufags couldn't make one single post being honest. SO it's over then kaworufag, you lost. You proved nothing, disproved nothing, and got only served.

All because you can't accept reality. That's so sad.
>>
>>14094089
>>14094095
Ha ha, more waifuwars and ad homs.
You yourself can't even go 5 posts without mentioning other fanbases, I won't babysit the mentally ill.
Can't believe you chose a fictional character over your own grandfather though, that's just disgusting.
>>
>>14094093
Kaworu says the stuff I wrote in my post, which is referring to looping. Kaworu uses the word cycle in 3.33, and recurring events since "time immemorial".

I know you're a Kawoufan and rationality isn't your strong suit (neither was Kaworu's), but just try for once. Kaworu fucked up everything by being dumb, why do you have to repeat that mistake?
>>
File: fgts.jpg (128KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
fgts.jpg
128KB, 500x526px
>>14094087
>AND HE FFFFUMMBLEEES

Game's over kids, Kaworufag finally couldn't deal and backed off. What a said pathetic creature it is.
>>
>>14094100
>>14094093
>>14094087
>backtracking
>irrational demands that a character outright reveal the entire plot
>misses the entire point of the discussion, if you can call a kaworufag going full retard "discussion"

I just don't get it, wouldn't it be easier for everyone if Kaworu fans just came down to reality and saw it for what it was? You don't need 200 IQ to determine that Kaworu is the only character that talks about loops, or says that he'll return, or has been there in a past timeline. You just need to watch it.

I bet that if you gave the Rebuild series to a retard, and you asked him "what person is loopy", and he'll say Kaworu. So why can't this batshit insane Kaworufag?
>>
File: waifu.jpg (71KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
71KB, 960x685px
>>14094101
>>14094110
>>14094135
Someone who thinks a fictional character written by a middle aged man in Japan is more important than the death of their own grandfather is not someone I want to associate with.

This autistic mindset is why you resort to metashit and can't discuss Eva on a mature level, also why you absolutely cannot realize that you have been disproven in every post you make.

I'll take me leave here with this: >>14093835
Especially the paragraph starting with: >You'd have to remove
It nicely summarizes the many references to looping and repetition in Eva, many of which are linked to Shinji's own actions as provided in Rebuild's titles itself.

You have refused to debunk that paragraph, so I must assume your argument is a fluke.
Babysitting autists who can only whine the same five words over and over again is a fruitless waste of time.

No doubt, you will respond to this post with meta, meta, and more meta. You will be unable to make a post without mentioning meta as you've done this entire thread. Substanceless posts highlighting the very people wrong with this fanbase.
Enjoy your incessant whining about fanbase politics, I'll see you in the final generals when Shinji is revealed to be the one resetting the world. Again.
By the way, I'm not a Kaworufag. If looping = stronger and more powerful, then it's only natural to want your favorite character to have it, no?
>>
>>14094168
Look delusional faggot, this was debunked here especially: >>14094060
which you didn't refute.

So take your leave then, and know that your kaworufag ways lost.
>>
>>14094168
>Especially the paragraph starting with: >You'd have to remove
>It nicely summarizes the many references to looping and repetition in Eva, many of which are linked to Shinji's own actions as provided in Rebuild's titles itself.
>You have refused to debunk that paragraph, so I must assume your argument is a fluke.

Fuyutsuki's conversation does not concern looping, or mention that he has lived these things before like Kaworu.

Gendo's conversation does not concern looping, or mention that he has lived these things before like Kaworu.

SEELE's conversation does not concern looping, or mention that he has lived these things before like Kaworu.

So far, ONLY Kaworu's conversations has been proven to include these elements.

There you go. Debunked. This wouldn't have been necessary if you were capable of having the "adult conversation" you pretended you could have.

>WAAH META META
You act like a fag, you're going to get treated like a fag.

>oh I'm totally not a kaworufag
Yeah, now that you've exposed kaworufags for the scum they are, of course you'd try to pin the blame on Shinji fans. Absolutely despicable. Go back to your containment thread over at /cm/.
>>
File: 52517465_p0.jpg (344KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
52517465_p0.jpg
344KB, 600x1200px
>>14093920
This.

Shinji being the most powerful being in the universe and Rei and Kaworu being reduced to weak and irrelevant is what Rebuild seems to be going for. The story is centered around him, after all.
I hope Anno delivers and Shinji finally gets to fuck Gendo's shit up in final.
>>
>>14094221
Finally someone fucking gets it.
I'm betting on Shinji being Adam or something similar. Kaworu was cast down to the 13th angel when he died and Lilith is a literally who now.

Although I wonder if Shinji will initiate instrumentality or something like that. He can probably do it since he has his lance of longinus nearby.
>>
File: 1423799901742.png (771KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
1423799901742.png
771KB, 600x798px
>>14094229
Shinji has taken the role of mother of humanity now, he even birthed a new lifeform with his impact in 2.0.
If not instrumentality, he'll certainly pave the way in doing something big to every human.
Kaworu and Rei's roles were just to be plot devices in making Shinji impact and get closer to his true nature, they don't matter in the long run. Hell, not even Unit 01 matters much now.
>>
>>14094221
>>14094229
>>14094238
Finally, the Kaworufag samefags.
>>
File: pop goes the weasel.jpg (847KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pop goes the weasel.jpg
847KB, 1920x1080px
>>14094221
>>14094229
>>14094238
I thought you were leaving...?
>>
File: failures of infinity.png (2MB, 2157x816px) Image search: [Google]
failures of infinity.png
2MB, 2157x816px
>>14094238
Woops, wrong picture.
>>
>>14094221
This my ass, you Kaworufag scum actually applauds other characters being ruined so you can get your gay pandering.

Only shows what sort of shit fanbase this rebuild series gathers.
>>
File: jester.png (985KB, 1112x616px) Image search: [Google]
jester.png
985KB, 1112x616px
>kaworufag gets blown the fuck out
>start samefagging his shit theory

Hilarious.

On another note, this is one of the Jester symbols.

Coincidence?
>>
>>14094238
Unit 01 is just Shinji's body now, according to ANIMA.
In 1.0 there is no reference to Yui being in control of the unit like there was in NGE. In other words, it's Shinji who is in control and able to be awakened. Therefore I think Unit 01 will play a role in final, but more as a tool of Shinji than a being with its own power.
That's why I think Shinji will initiate an instrumentality of some sort, he seems to be the only one in Rebuildverse with any actual power.
>>
>>14094272
>ANIMA
>Rebuild
Don't you have anything less retarded to spew to yourself kaworufag?
>>
>>14094272
I haven't read anima, but I think rather than using Unit 01 Shinji will evolve into a different form probably like giant Adam or Lilith.
The spears will be an important key.
>>
>>14094291
Last chapter:
>Excerpt 1
The shape of Shinji
"It’s in Lilin fairy tales as well, isn’t it? Since Lilith was uncontrollable and Eve was completely duped in the story of the snake, why didn’t it also happen to Adam, who was on the other side?"
—What are you talking about, Kaworu-kun?
"Just a fairy tale. One that might hide the truth unexpectedly within it…about what Adam cut off."
—Cut what off?
"The serpent—that is, the evil and sin that is part of Adam. In an attempt to be whole, Adam had cut off the part of himself that was the most human."
—For what?
"To meet the being that gave him Lilith—he did it with the best of intentions, but it ended up costing his right to do so."
—To meet…? Who?
"Light… fills."

>Excerpt 2
Deep inside the mouth opened by Devil’s backbone, he thought he saw his own face, terribly distorted.
—Could it be that I’m the serpent—the human flaw that was cut off from Adam, Kaworu-kun?
"That’s not for you to know as the “you” you are now." Those concrete words were the first time he heard him not speak in riddles.
"You intend on descending from this time loop as the Shinji-kun you are now, don’t you? Then you should give the right to have that information to the “you” of the new world."
—You…aren’t going to stop me, are you?
"Haven’t I told you, Shinji-kun? I’m your ally. No matter which one of “you” I meet."
—Kaworu-kun?
"This is goodbye." Shinji thought Kaworu might have smiled.
Shinji’s blade glinted, slicing up the body of the Armaros giant from the left arm of its body.

Obviously no one can say for sure if it will be relevant to 3.0+1.0 or not, but I don't think it's a coincidence every spinoff and even the manga is spinning a similar thread.
There's definitely something going on with Shinji.
I can't deny that I wouldn't be extremely happy if Shinji gives everyone who was a dick to him the punishment they deserve now that he's apparently the strongest god in the galaxy.
>>
>>14094312
>>14094291
>replying to yourself
>>
>>14094312
This doesn't have anything to do with Shinji being a god though, but I do think this line is interesting:
>"You intend on descending from this time loop as the Shinji-kun you are now, don’t you? Then you should give the right to have that information to the “you” of the new world."
This new world might be referring to the Rebuild world, but it's always controversial to rely on spinoffs for stuff like this.
>>
>>14094360
Yamashita and Anno have been working together since Eva's proposal, so I don't think it's something that should be discounted. In fact I'd say it's more than enough to imply, along with the Manga, what I'm theorizing about Shinji. And it's not entirely out of left field, either. Shinji was creating alternate universes within himself in episode 26 after all, so what if Rebuild is just one of those universes?

Well, either way all we can do now is wait for final.
>>
>>14094398
>>14094360
>>14094312
>>14094291
>>14094272
>>14094247
>>14094238
>>14094229
>>14094221
>literally replying to yourself
>>
>>14094421
Who?
>>
>>14094430
(You)
>>
So the past like 100 posts were two people right?
my head hurts
where are my mechs
who are you people
why do I feel like this has happened before?
>>
File: 046707.jpg (19KB, 441x457px) Image search: [Google]
046707.jpg
19KB, 441x457px
>>14094451
Ignore all Evafags, they're crazy.
>>
>>14094451
1x Kaworufag
5x Evafags bashing the above Kaworufags head in, with one being much louder than the other.
>>
>>14094482
I'm more inclined to believe it's the Reifag who samefags all the time
>>
>>14094433
(You)?
Thread posts: 426
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.