[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Zeta Gundam >Katz asks Amuro if he's storing a Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: images-4.jpg (22KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
22KB, 512x287px
>Zeta Gundam
>Katz asks Amuro if he's storing a Gundam in his basement and Amuro calls him a retard for asking something so stupid

>Gundam Seed Destiny
>Kira literally stored a Gundam in his basement

Jesus Fukuda, you didn't think through this at all did you?
>>
Amuro is such a whiney, incompetent shit.
>>
>>14052681
Fukuda was being a cheeky cunt all throughout Destiny
>>
File: 1299886992991.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1299886992991.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>14052681
>Not wanting to store a Gundam in his basement
>>
File: 24142423511225252.png (1MB, 870x960px) Image search: [Google]
24142423511225252.png
1MB, 870x960px
It was to let us know who the true protagonist was in advance.
>>
>>14052681
>>14052718
>post-OYW Hayato
>gotta make money to feed Fraw and "3 kids"
>get paid to talk in motivation and MLM seminars with a message "You can be a hero!"
>somehow he made it, could even have personal MS collection in garage
>told his "3 kids" this would be needed for a hero
>Organize Karaba so he can be true hero
No wonder Katz become like this. His other kids not even believe this bullshit.
>>
>>14052681
meh kira literally has a back up gundam which is strike freedom gundam if the regular freedom gundam were to be destroyed in battle.
>>
I don't think Kira even knew the Freedom was hidden in the basement.

Lacus knew since she had the key but I don't think Kira had any idea. I could be remembering wrong though.
>>
>>14052681

>Amuro calls him a retard for asking something so stupid

He probably did it because he wasn't hiding a Gundam, but a Gelgoog instead.
>>
>>14052718
There's the difference between Kira and Amuro. Amuro was written as going from a whiny kid to a skilled soldier, not the savior of world like other mecha pilots were at the time. He was meant to break free of that mold.

Kira was written as going from a whiny kid to a classic super robot pilot, saving the Earth and embracing everything the original Gundam was not meant to be.
>>
>>14053292
>everything the original Gundam was not meant to be.

Get off your high horse anon. Yes Destiny was a fucking trainwreck but there's no rule that all Gundam has to be written the same way Tomino did it or it sucks.

It's any directors choice as to how to do their show and so long as they make it entertaining (which Fukuda failed at) then it doesn't matter if the forsake the "great" Tomino way.

Besides you'd think people would stop sucking Tomino off after G-reco.
>>
>>14053292
>Amuro was written as going from a whiny kid to a skilled soldier
>Amuro grew up into a skilled and rule-abiding adult
>Amuro grew up
>Tomino is all about ADULTS ARE THE ENEMY

Wait /m/ did Amuro end up being the enemy at CCA as well? He's a pretty flawed ADULT too. Maybe we were supposed to side with Quess and her generation, since Amuro and his generation had their own fuck ups.
>>
>>14053523
>>Tomino is all about ADULTS ARE THE ENEMY
Except that's not even true. Kids being mentored/guided by adults one of the most consistent themes in all of Tomino's works. Quess is an example of a kid who was led astray, and Hathaway is an example of a kid who had zero guidance. They're both fuck ups and demonstrate that despite their whining kids need adults to some degree.
>>
File: hahahahaha no.gif (498KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaha no.gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>14053534
>Kids being mentored/guided by adults one of the most consistent themes in all of Tomino's works.
>>
>>14053534
I think he still presents that as both sides are to blame. The Adults weren't there so the Kids fucked up. That, along with screwing things up and making a mess for the next generation to clean up, makes them the enemy.

Amuro really needed to man up and lead/be a mentor. Even as far as he's grown, Amuro wasn't able to break out that mold.
>>
>>14052681
>>14053481

I personally thinks Amuro Ray was and will always be the best Gundam Pilot ever because he never saw himself as a hero nor he arrogantly uses his power to assert his ideals to the lesser beings just like Kira who uses the power of Gundam to force a peace at gunpoint without thinking the consequences.

Amuro is a soldier first but not a blind dog who bite those who his master ask him to, He doesn't belong to any faction nor he is fighting for one group of people. If he saw someone who abuse the power and force humanity to do something they don't you bet your ass Amuro will come to the rescue. Out of all the MC in the gundam universe not all have this spectacular trait that Amuro have, which is patience.

He simply have the patience to wait for mankind to evolve past their barbaric ways and come to a complete understanding with all, be it will take a 1000 years or more he will wait diligently because he is a true believer of the human potential and until that time come he will protect mankind from all threat
>>
>>14053594
and then he died. oops.
>>
>>14053481
I'm sorry, but when you're being promoted as the 21st century remake of the original you lose that privilege.
>>
>>14053481
SEED was marketed as a modern version of 0079 retard
>>
>>14053594
Well no, he was the best Gundam pilot because he was a perfect storm of newtype potential, natural talent, rapidly accumulated experience and tactical acumen. There are other pilots that are better at some of these, but he's good at all of them.

As a protagonist though, yeah, Amuro actually is one of the best. He had an actual arc, and that arc concluded with him having come to terms with himself and his place in life, which is much more zen than concluding with becoming the self declared arbiter of all that is right and wrong, as Kira ended up doing.

And he didn't stop, either. In CCA he had clearly been making an effort to look forward and move on with his life, rather than languish in the past like Char did.
>>
>>14053534
yeah you can look at zeta for a good example of this - kamille's parents are clearly SHIT at being parents for their son to be the way he is in episode one. but by the end of zeta he's a pretty normal person

odd to think that Char "rumor has it he likes young girls" Aznable and Bright "corrections" Noa fixed him.

bright is just a shitty parent in general too, but at least he knows it.
>>
>>14053834
>>14053859

It was never even close to ever being a remake of MSG from the start, being that superhumans, multiple Gundam's and neutral nations and a war between two different races weren't in the 0079.

It had lots of homages but it was a totally different beast from the start.

It was marketed to be a new 0079 and UC for a new generation thematically and starting a new long running Gundam Universe (which didn't pan out), not a literal remake of the first Gundam.
>>
>>14053594
And yet he and Bright simply replace the Titans with Londo Bell without enacting any real change, taking up policing those uppity spacenoid proles in behalf of the bourgie Federation. Disgusting social democrat scum.

Oh, the benevolent upper class will surely let some scraps fall from their table to sustain us mere peons until mankind is ready to throw off the shackles of gravity!

Char was right. (Char the symbol of revolution, not Casval the petty human)
>>
>>14053908
The spacenoids did need policing though, uppity rebel groups were constantly popping up even after the last remnants of Zeon were gone. The titans weren't supposed to police space though, that was just the pretext for Jamitov's power grab.

>Oh, the benevolent upper class will surely let some scraps fall from their table to sustain us mere peons until mankind is ready to throw off the shackles of gravity!
What? Earth is shit, quality of life in the colonies is much higher.
>>
>>14053636

Yeah, but Amuro won the argument.

The fact that humanity's survival instinct brought about a miracle is a direct counterpoint to Char's pessimism. Amuro died, but he died knowing that his view was the right one.
>>
>>14054382
Shh, let the poor Zeek be happy in his delusions
>>
>>14057724
>died
he went beyond the time to become earth's guardian, along with lalah and char, who is pure.
>>
>>14057724
Black History shows that humanity has never stopped being bloodthirsty idiots even during the far off future. Amuro lost, and he'll always lose unless UC and its timeline gets a definitive happy ending.

Which will never happen because without conflict, there will be no new series.
>>
>>14057759
yeah but they also clearly never destroyed the earth beyond repair which is what char was so fucking triggered about in the first place.
>>
>>14057760
That will never happen on the basis that Earth is needed for more Gundam series, so by that logic Char was boned right from the start. Doesn't matter who his opponent is.
>>
>>14057760
Char's CCA plan ended up being carried out. Through Judau and Turn A's actions.
>>
>>14057759
>>14061123
So the real winner

is us
>>
Hey, this is kinda-sorta a Zeta thread. Quick question.

I watched like 10 episodes of Zeta in 2010 or something like that, my HDD died and I never bothered redownloading it. Guess I hadn't gotten to the good part yet, I don't think I even got to the part where Amuro flies a freighter into that one guy.

Should I give the series another shot or just watch ANT?
>>
>>14061976
ANT changes up some stuff. Watch Zeta.
>>
>>14061976
Give it a shot. Kamille gets better. In particular, he matures each time he goes down to Earth. It's a goddamn shame he's so boring to watch when he fights though.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.