[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's some mecha show/movie/game that didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

File: 423289868.jpg (58KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
58KB, 960x540px
What's some mecha show/movie/game that didn't live up to its hype?
>>
>>14044980
most of them
>>
>thinly veiled Batman vs. Superman discussion

>implying there was any actual hype for that movie after Man of Steel

Fuck off back to /co/ or /tv/
>>
I have herd that pacific rim was apparently hyped alot but it was disappointing in execution I have not watched it my self however.
>>
>>14044980
Star Driver
Aldnoah Zero
Gargantia
>>
>watching DC capeshit
>>
>>14044990

Pacific Rim is circle jerked to high heaven on /m/ for no real reason. It was maybe a below average film that is a knotch or two higher than your standard Transformers movie, yet it is praised as some sort of second coming.
>>
>>14044990
The robot fights were top notch but the story is eh.
>>
>>14044990
>pacific rim was apparently hyped
barely any press coverage prior to screening though, there's some unconfirmed rumour that the publisher wanted the movie to tank just so they can be in a better bargaining position with the studio or something
>>
>>14044992
the cartoons are good
>>
So the story was meh but the fights were great do alot a mecha go that way? Or was Pacific rim just poorly executed?
>>
>>14044980
Iron Blooded Orphans
Gundam Seed Destiny
>>
>>14045014
DCAU is godly and all but fuck the DCCU.
>>
I was wondering when someone was going to try and force a BvS thread on here

Movie was shit by the way.
>>
>>14045014
DCAU is not the movies at all. Not even worth comparing, it's so much more high-level than them.
>>
>>14044980
>hype

I've seen nothing but people shitting on it since Ben was announced as Batman.
>>
>>14045049

Affleck is one of the highlights of the film along with Gadot apparently. I doubt I'll see it though because I'm not really in to the tone of the films WB are going for.
>>
>>14045064
>along with Gadot apparently.
That's bullshit. She pretty much did nothing and only femnazis are praising her
>>
>>14045078
>feminists praising a feminist symbol

WOOOOOOW
>>
>>14045078

I've only heard that appearance is one of the film's highlights and that she is cool because she's the only one who's really enjoying fighting Doomsday (her smile after losing her sword and shield being of notable mention each time) and to do most damage to him. I don't know, I haven't seen it.
>>
>>14044980
I liked it - 7.5/10. Fuck the critics.

>>14044987
>>14045033
There's powered armor in it, so it's /m/.
>>
>>14045078
While its true she did pretty much nothing, her entrance and fight scene is a highlight. I've seen it in two theaters and each time WW coming out is a big crowd pleaser

Plus she used the Lasso. I mean you can't go wrong with that
>>
>>14045093
She didn't have a very large role, but it was memorable. And her interactions with Batfleck were quite amusing.

But yes, you should really see it and form your own opinion. It's flawed but nowhere near as bad as people say.
>>
>>14045107

All she did was bind Doomsday in place so Superman could destroy him with the Tempest Lancer

I found it funny that Bats spent almost the entire final battle running and shitting himself
>>
>>14045078
She pulled off the fight scenes really well and looked good in the suit. Used the bracelets and the lasso, had a great war cry and just looked like she was having a blast. But whenever she was in civilian clothes, doing things like using a computer or boarding an airplane, she was boring and didn't feel like Wonder Woman at all.
>>
>>14045014
Not all of them. The movie tie-ins in particular are very mediocre.
>>
>>14045140

Also her theme was great.

It's fucking annoying that they just reused the Zod vs. Superman theme for the Superman vs. Batman fight.
>>
>>14045107
>>14045140
>her entrance and fight scene is a highlight.
Not really, the soundtrack used in it was so fucking unfitting and she looked unconvincing as fuck. Ben Affleck was pretty much the only good performer in that entire cast.
>>
>>14045064
Affleck is great Gadot is not since you see her back more than you see her face which might be a good thing.
>>
>>14045086
>WW
>Feminist symbol

Dont you have somewhere else to be stupid?
>>
>>14045135
Well it's not like Batman could do anything in that situation. He's just a psycho in a mask. At least he got to use a kryptonite round to help weaken Doomsday.
>>
File: 06-Worlds-Finest.jpg (78KB, 1083x813px) Image search: [Google]
06-Worlds-Finest.jpg
78KB, 1083x813px
>The cartoons did a better Batman/Superman crossover than Hack Snyder
>>
>>14045093
It is not a good movie and pretty much every criticism it has recieved is valid. If you are familar with Synder's bullshit you are gonna hate it but if you don't care there's not much to enjoy in regardless unless you're a hardcore DCfag or a Batfag.
>>
>>14045198

But it portrays Batman as an unreasonable dick who beats the shit out of a Superman who's just trying to ask him for help and who's so easily manipulated by Sex Luthor that all it takes is a single letter to push him over the edge

Kind of like DKSA Batman
>>
>>14045186

I feel like the only person in the world that didn't enjoy the animated 90's shows. I dropped the Superman show after about one season because I was so bored and while I found the Batman one better, it wasn't much so. They really got better after those shows thankfully, especially the JL/U shows, but the 90's ones get a lot of the love. They both only ever seemed to have one plot an episode and horrifically slow pacing though. I loved some touches, like Brainiac destroying Krypton is great, but they're really dull shows for the most part to me.
>>
File: 1456191648898.jpg (26KB, 380x354px) Image search: [Google]
1456191648898.jpg
26KB, 380x354px
>realized Affleck would have been a great Bright Noa
>>
>>14045186
that was a good movie.
>>
>>14045206
I liked that. I thought the movie would be totally biased in favor of Batman because the casual secondary masses think Batman is awesome and Superman is boring, but that wasn't the case, it was decently balanced on that regard. They were both played, but Bats was the more stubborn idiot.
>>
>>14045206
>But it portrays Batman as an unreasonable dick who beats the shit out of a Superman who's just trying to ask him for help and who's so easily manipulated by Sex Luthor that all it takes is a single letter to push him over the edge
So he's the most likable character in the movie next to Alfred. Honestly the only thing Batfags have a problem in regards to the portrayal is that he kills people other than than Affleck did a great job.
>>
>>14045227
>So he's the most likable character in the movie

Carrie Farris is a miracle of the universe you shot your whore mouth
>>
>>14045225
>I thought the movie would be totally biased in favor of Batman

It was biased since he got all the important scenes while Superman just flew around saving his waifu looking sad and the actual fight was horseshit.
>>
>>14045214
It's true that the 90s ones get a lot of love because at the time it was edgy and there are actually some legitimate good episodes. Batman being a callback to Miller's/Burton/80s comics while Superman is more a callback to the 30s/40s cartoons.

Just watch the 3 episode crossover.
>>
>>14045198
I'm not even a comicfag and I thought the ratings were unnecessarily harsh. I mean, the movie had problems but it wasn't any worse than your average cape flick. Maybe it's just my general ignorance from the source material.
>>
>>14045237
>he got all the important scenes
Like having dumbass nightmares? Or decrypting the "please watch our next movies!" drive?
>>
>>14044990
It's a dumb movie with sickass robots, win which the only proper way to watch it is in IMAX.
>>
>>14045237
Not him, but I felt Superman was much more sympathetic than Batman in this which was surprising.
>>
>>14045241
The movie tries to cram far too much making it feel rushed as fuck in some cases and two long in others top it off with the fact it takes itself far too seriously (piss in the jar) that it makes the whole experience a chore to watch outside the Bat scenes. 5/10 is a fair score for it but you're right the reviews are needlessly savage since Zack Synder much like Micheal Bay is on every critics shit list.
>>
>>14044990
>I have not watched it my self however
Then do so, or are you incapable of forming your own opinion?

The reason many people liked it was because it delivered exactly what the trailers promised. I know that's not exactly high praise but it's more than most other films manage to accomplish.
>>
>>14045262
I think Brad Jones(aka The Cinema Snob) put it best: this movie feels like they wrote an 8-hour script and then only grabbed the pages that were absolutely necessary.
It really feels like there's just huge swathes of the story cut out and yet it also feels like there's so much bullshit being crammed in to try to set up an eventual Justice League movie.
>>
>>14045255
Yes those were more important than Supes talking to his sociopathic father again.
>>
>>14045262
I didn't feel it was rushed, more the opposite in fact as there were many unnecessary scenes that I felt could have been trimmed to help the movie flow better (i.e. the dream sequences in particular should have been left on the cutting room floor as they contributed nothing to the overall plot).
>>
>>14045289
Yes if it was just about Batman and Superman it would have been better but then they tried cramming in WW, JL, and Doomsday and the movie falls apart. First half was fine and the build up to the fight was better than the actual fight but then once the second half start it falls apart.
>>
>>14045309
The shit with Doomsday was rushed as fuck and didn't actually need to be there outside giving WW something to do. They really shot themselves in the foot revealing him in the trailers. But really why the fuck does Lois need to be in every fucking scene when its not required? Her throwing the spear in the water and then going back in only to drown so Supes could save her made no sense.
>>
>>14045289
Well it was reported that 30 minutes were cut from the movie at the last minute to fit theater run times. Maybe the extended cut will help smooth out some of those jarring transitions?
>>
File: 1369637125984.jpg (911KB, 1687x597px) Image search: [Google]
1369637125984.jpg
911KB, 1687x597px
>>14044991
>Gargantia
It wasn't 12 eps of organized space squid rape, but still a pretty good show.
>>
>>14045325
One of the main problems with it is that its too long, making it longer isn't going to make it any better.
>>
>>14045012
Legendary's contract with WB was expiring and the were making Pacific Rim to be a franchise they could market and create a bunch of sequals for. WB was handling the marketing for it and the rumor is that they were purposefully putting out low effort, barely there advertisements hoping to cripple the sales to hurt Legendary so they could buy them back cheaper. Around fhe same time WB's own Superman movie was coming out and was going to be competing with PR as a big summer blockbuster and it was much more heavily advertised.
>>
>>14044991
A/Z surpassed its hype.
>>
>>14045328
It was a decent show. It wasn't hyped to be a decent show though. It was hyped up to be Gen's genre defining work.
>>
I just got back from BvS, went in expecting to hate it but it was just kind of mediocre. If they had dropped the forced Justice League shit, got rid of all the dream sequences as other than maybe the first as they were all completely unnecessary to the plot and contained the worst scenes in the movie (J̶a̶r̶ ̶J̶a̶r̶ Lois Lane is the key to all this), and better fleshed out Lex's plan it would have been a much better movie.
>>
I actually like Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne
>>
I've seen multiple things where Batman builds power armor to fight Superman. But he seems to always have his mouth totally exposed. Couldn't Superman just fire heat vision through his face? I mean it's not like he has to really aim or forecast his shot, it's a laser that shoots wherever he is looking. So as long as Batman's mouth is in view, he'd be fucked.
>>
>>14045413
Supes usually isn't looking to kill Bam Ham, just beat some sense into him.
>>
>>14045413
>Couldn't Superman just fire heat vision through his face?

Yes

All of the power armors he's used to fight Superman with an exposed mouth involved him fighting a Superman who had no intention of murdering (or in some cases, fighting) him

And Superman almost NEVER uses his heat vision against Batman in those fights, which would plow through it, the only recent case being a Joker-corrupted Superman using it on the Justice Buster armor, which didn't have an exposed mouth
>>
>>14045428
how far in is the Injustice comics? I stopped reading it a a while ago, I thought they would have wrapped it up in less than a year after the game was release
>>
>>14045446

Injustice is in year 5 now I think
>>
>>14045279
>or are you incapable of forming your own opinion?
This is /m/, so obviously the answer is yes
>>
do /co/tards actually get hyped for this shit?
>>
>>14045369
>It was a decent show

I don't know, with how many people I've seen around here licking its nutsack lately, you'd think it was the Second Coming or something.
>>
>>14045428
Is this from that comic that has that page of Batman's suit taking out Flash?
>>
>>14045409
No need for the spoiler, I'm pretty sure everyone did.
>>
>>14045409
That makes no sense. Why would they make Ben Affleck to play two roles in one movie?
>>
>>14045446
Are they keeping it alive to build up to a sequel game? that would be pretty smart.
>>
>>14045450
>yellow lantern angry superman
jesus christ
>>
File: 334780[1].jpg (136KB, 620x260px) Image search: [Google]
334780[1].jpg
136KB, 620x260px
>>14045802
Because they can afford it
>>
>>14045972
They keep it going because it's surprisingly successful.
>>
>>14045014
yeah, batman beyond was pretty schway
>>
>>14045214
The Superman animated series wasn't very exciting, I admit.
>>
File: 250px-Bones_logo.svg.png (5KB, 250x51px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Bones_logo.svg.png
5KB, 250x51px
Just pick one from them.
>>
>>14046532
Fuck, don't remind me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2Sxfcm744
>>
File: 16027-series-header.jpg (118KB, 940x395px) Image search: [Google]
16027-series-header.jpg
118KB, 940x395px
>>14046568
Hey, remember that crazy over the top bio-mech series about a boy that turns into a wacky monster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sno5ZmRStZ0

Neither did Bones during production, especially the last one which only appeared like 3-4 times during the entire show despite being featured heavily on promotion material.
>>
File: 1402450146965.jpg (3MB, 5798x4082px) Image search: [Google]
1402450146965.jpg
3MB, 5798x4082px
>>14046568
Aw man, I so wanted that to be good.
It had some great moments, but it was just overall, so fucking boring.
>>
>>14046599
I feel you man. Even now I really want to like that show. I don't even know why they messed up on it, you literally couldn't get more direct than the classic "boy's father died saving the world and now he must do it" type of story but bones still managed to mess up. They should just go back to Sunrise maybe having 2 halfwit studios combine will produce something worthwhile
>>
>>14046161
Batman Beyond was stylish as fuck.
>>
>>14046161

You mean schwabage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2p02DfyzCE
>>
Goldstorm.

>>14045049
I was shitting on it since it was announced. Even worse when Wonder Woman was just thrown in as tacked-on shit and Frank Miller was still consultant. Miller is not a good guy to talk about WW.
>>
>>14045413
Superman seems like he'd solve a lot of things much faster if he just used his heat vision more

I even got that sense in the Animated Series
>>
>>14049164
They need someone who looks the part more, that's for sure
Same with Lex Luthor, though with him they need someone who acts the part more as well. Bryan Cranston, please.
>>
>>14049219
>Bryan Cranston,
"dude let's get the Breaking Bad guy"
"yeah good idea HEY GET THE BREAKING BAD GUY"
"oh fuck wrong guy"
>>
>>14044980
Big Hero 6 was mediocre at best.
>>
>>14049117

I love that Beyond's Bruce is just a bitter old man dreaming of better days. Beyond was a great show at times and Joker's Return is still probably my favorite Batman film.
>>
>>14049226
"isn't that Malcom's dad?"
>>
>>14049226
>Get me Heisenberg.
>Jesse Eisenberg, coming right up, sir.
>>
>>14044987
Dis.
>>
>>14045004
Nigga that movie was fucking dope...especially in theatres...don't front
>>
File: big hero comic versions.jpg (811KB, 1280x1469px) Image search: [Google]
big hero comic versions.jpg
811KB, 1280x1469px
>>14049350
>Big Hero 6 was mediocre at best.

Actually given the source material it being as good as it was was actually pretty amazing.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.