[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit, I think I've got it figured out. Oshii's Ghost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1437460296892.png (579KB, 728x803px) Image search: [Google]
1437460296892.png
579KB, 728x803px
Shit, I think I've got it figured out.

Oshii's Ghost in the Shell movies aren't supposed to be enlightening experiences or super-deep existential fables (because they're way too inconclusive, ambiguous and vague for that to be the case), they're horror movies.
The reason why there's so much blatant symbolic imagery and philosophical rambling that goes nowhere isn't because Oshii was trying to expose his views, it's because he wanted to creep out his audience with alienating ideas and spooky imagery.
And of course there's a bunch of gore, the second movie even has jumpscares.
When you watch these movies with that in mind, everything makes sense and nothing really seems gratuitous anymore. Even the ambiguous vague endings are here to leave you feeling spooked by leaving questions unanswered, like in many horror movies.
>>
>>14043437
Oshii was trained as a Catholic priest but he didn't get ordained.

So he's waving his intellectual Seminary-trained dick at an audience.
>>
>>14043794
It's very likely but I think that this time around he was using his dick-waving in the context of making a horror movie.
>>
The Major wanted know if she was really human or not. So she became obsessed with meeting the Puppeteer AI.
>>
What people don't get is that Oshii's Ghost in the Shell is a love story. It ends with the symbolic marriage of the Major and the puppeteer. It's a very different love story from what we normally expect but if humanity was afraid of irreversibly changing ourselves we would never do things like fall in love or get married in the first place.
>>
>>14043870
More people than you think realize that, but it's treated in a spooky manner as if the puppetmaster was some kind of vampire.
>>
>>14043870
This isn't a fucking love story, it's a fucking fuck story
>>
>>14043948
the major is dead, the thing at the end is the result of the fusion. And seeing how Oshii uses dolls for their creep factor, he probably settled for that body to make the ending more ominous on top of any possible birth allegories.
>>
>>14043870
Oh so that's why she ends up in a little girl's body at the end. It's really a metaphor for their child.
>>
>>14043954
Sorry it's late my words aren't working. I think along with that, it's a metaphor for two beings coming together and creating a new being...aka sex.

I am afraid of women and intimacy so the love story is in fact a horror story to me.
>>
File: cyberbullying wet 2 .png (3MB, 1299x1483px) Image search: [Google]
cyberbullying wet 2 .png
3MB, 1299x1483px
>>14043983
What if Motoko was babby all along?
>>
>>14043954
>>14043983
The Major is only dead in the sense that you die every second of your life. In religious contexts a marriage represents the creation of a new entity that merges the male and female reagents.

Any kind of love story is going to involve some form of fear.
>>
>>14044005
Yes but most movies won't make that fear their main focus and then dump some gruesome imagery on top of it to make it even more horrible.
>>
>>14044000
What is wrong with you lad
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.