[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4q gvQsT7GQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Djibril.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Djibril.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
What went wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4qgvQsT7GQ
>>
>>14035386

Banrise decided to make a rushed sequel to cash in on SEED's popularity in an attempt to make a new UC. However, SEED's popularity was based around it's characters and SEED-fans were not open to a series starring a new cast. As a result, ratings were noticeably lower during Destiny's broadcast.

A large section of the SEED fanbase also were teenage girls, and in the word's of Bandai's former President were more interested in buying CDs and DVDs over Gunpla. There was reports on many Japanese blogs about how the Destiny line wasn't selling as hot as the SEED line, with Bakuseed being more popular in some hobby shops.

The older Gundam fanbase had already written off the original SEED as childish, and were not happy about what Destiny ended up becoming. They wanted something more serious, Banrise promised them something more serious leading into the show, and in the end we got a hot mess. Director Fukuda was also becoming controversial because of his statements about how he wanted Gundam to be less serious and more Super Robotty.

Throw in whatever behind the scenes issues there were.

In the end, they try to change the course of the show in an attempt to save it, with Kira back in the spotlight. Ratings improved, but Bandai didn't want to touch the Cosmic Era anymore outside of the vaporware movie. The original still has it's fans, but the setting is nowhere near as milkable as UC.
>>
>>14035386
Fuckuda.
Moronsawa.
The fanbase.
Banrise.
>>
>>14035436
>tfw you liked Stargazer
>>
>>14035453
The SEED-fanbase didn't support it enough to make more CE-OVAs.
>>
File: 1847677828672.jpg (58KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1847677828672.jpg
58KB, 800x640px
>>
>>14035386
Everyone secretly loves Gundam Seed
>>
>>14035386
Not much. I like the overall product, despite the issues and sometimes, precisely because of them. At the very least, it's interesting to talk about with all the what-ifs. Then there's my belief that a lot of the examples of so called bad writing were intentional. Shinn never learning or growing up and going crazy, Djibril being utterly incompetent (and the bad publicity he creates for the EA getting turned into good publicity for ZAFT by Durandal, Athrun being a little bit retarded). Not all of these can be explained away as 'good writing' but, at least to me, there are a few too many coincidences for many of the disliked elements to not have been planned at least partially and not just be bad writing.
>>
>>14035386
The rancid Naturals deserved far worse than what they got.

What is amusing is how Lacus and Co. ally with the Blue Cosmos fleet in the finale, and they're still supposed to be the heroes.
>>
>>14035386
FOR THE PRESERVATION OF OUR BLUE AND PURE WORLD

coordinators are going extinct, they are monsters and nature will kill them

long live the natural human
>>
File: blue cosmos.png (33KB, 375x202px) Image search: [Google]
blue cosmos.png
33KB, 375x202px
>>14039715
>>
>>14035817

EA remnants helping out other factions was not a new thing since the Eurasias also joined ZAFT in attacking Heaven's Base and naturally they became fodder
>>
>>14039745
True, but the Eurasians (and don't forget that the East Asians joined the ZAFT bandwagon too, there), from a certain point of view, were actually on the right, since they were being genocided by the Atlantics.

But in Orb's case, it wasn't even those forces. Nor the Atlantics genuinely defending themselves from being genocided by Durandal. It was Blue Cosmos-controlled ships who were continuing Djibril's will.

Or at least, that's how it seemed to me. The Lunar forces all seemed to be all too happy to help Djibril in destroying PLANTs with Requiem, and since the Three Ships used those same forces later on, I would argue it's safe to assume they're Blue Cosmos loyalists.
>>
>>14039905

The lunar forces were blown up by Durandal's Requiem. Whoever these EA guys helping TSA were, they didn't seem to be Blue Cosmos guys, since they were fighting in the name of Lacus Clyne who is a Coordinator, and they showed up with Zaft defectors as well.

It seemed more these were the people that didn't want the Destiny Plan which was only briefly mentioned.

Man they really didn't explain enough about the final battle at all.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.