[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate Kamille? I found him relatable and he is easily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 1453420768662.jpg (25KB, 616x616px) Image search: [Google]
1453420768662.jpg
25KB, 616x616px
Why do people hate Kamille? I found him relatable and he is easily my favorite Gundam protagonist.
>>
>>14031737
>Kamille
>posting a boy
>>
>>14031737
so you are autistic?
>>
>>14031737
Autist with a girl's name detected
>>
>>14031737
Congratulations you have autism.
>>
A sane human being cannot possibly relate to how he behaves in the first episode. I guess he gets better later, but I didn't stick around to see.
>>
>>14032522
even in the first episode he realizes he's in way over his head, he freaks out and decides the only way he can escape the consequences is to steal a gundam and run away; just by pure luck he happens to have this freakout on the same day that the AEUG comes to the colony to steal the gundam mk2

he's actually pretty well written in terms of his growth though - contrast him with Jerid, for instance. Jerid states explicitly that he wants to change his personality and learn from his mistakes so he can one day take over the titans, and for a while he does this. but eventually he becomes so consumed by his rivalry with kamille that he loses focus on it and eventually is killed in battle. kamille takes the exact opposite arc - he starts of this whiny kid lacking in focus, and by the end of the series he's jaded, but also can focus on the bigger picture and on what is actually important. he starts off wanting to beat jerid in every fight, but by the end he has completely forgotten that he even had a grudge with him, and this is reflected in jerid's manner of death being an afterthought

seriously i don't think zeta is perfect, i don't even think that it's better than 0079, but i do think kamille has a really good arc and goes from an intolerable shit to something resembling a well adjusted human being, insomuch as a person can be well adjusted in war. unfortunately then the end of zeta happens and he goes into newtype psychotic episode induced coma, what can you do.
>>
>>14032786
I would agree with you
I think Kamillie is the best Gundam protagonist
>>
I hated him at first, but he developed pretty well through the course of the series. It think its unfortunate he wasn't in more of ZZ I think he was developing into a sort of interesting anti-Amuro

The beginning of the series goes to great lengths I think to intentionally make him annoying. Even the characters themselves point out his gradual change compared to how annoying he was at first.
>>
I've always thought what would have been awesome, hypothetically if he had stuck around for ZZ and not gotten mind fried (or been down for long) is if they had also had Amuro also appear more...and after having had Kamille be around Char for a good long while, have the same happen with Amuro and sort of form a hybrid outlook between the two.

But I guess that would have taken too much attention away from Judau...I guess.
>>
I'll argue this forever. Kamille is one of the very, very few Gundam protagonists that FULLY learns from their entire experience in a logical way. He starts out all controntational and insecure/unstable, but by the end of the series his experiences have made him more pragmatic, and with a much more healthy view of war: Namely he was "done with it" by the end. He was continuing to fight the Gryps conflict in order to finish what he started, which was wipe out the Titans, but whether he had gotten mind fried or not he had had enough of combat and war...and for good reason.

No metaphysical identity crisis, or weird reliance and attachment to war and conflict. He was just wronged by the Titans, fought against them, went through hell and near crippling...but finished what he started, then saw the light and became a Doctor.

It's funny in retrospect because of how wonky he is in the beginning of the series, but in a lot of ways Kamille is one of the most consistent main characters in the metaverse of Gundam.
>>
>>14032853

They'd have literally no reason to take Judau with them and put up with his bullshit if Kamille and Amuro were around.
>>
File: girl name.gif (959KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
girl name.gif
959KB, 245x245px
>>
>>14032902

And we'd probably get Roux Rouka anyways cause she was a reinforcement. Everybody wins!
>>
File: msz-006_titans.png (103KB, 182x326px) Image search: [Google]
msz-006_titans.png
103KB, 182x326px
I keep seeing this autism thing regards to him; where the hell does this meme start? I only watched bits of the Zeta dub and don't remember it coming up. Is this like him self-diagnosing or something?

Better question: What's his special interest? If I had to say, it's robots, given his Haro and the Zeta.
>>
I didn't find Kamille to be relatable, but I found him to be believable.
>>
File: 1452204925128.png (330KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
1452204925128.png
330KB, 600x435px
>>14031737
>I found him relatable
>>
>>14034494
See
>>14034513

Also it's a meme to call Newtypes autists anyway.
>>
>>14034494
Kamille decides to be a sarcastic shit and claims to be autistic as an excuse for his outbursts. Also 80s Japan having an even worse idea of what autism is than 4chan does.
>>
>>14032886
True facts
>>
>>14031737
Because he will turn pic related
>>
>>14031737
I have no idea what kind of human being could possibly find Kamille relatable.
>>
File: Cpt gordon.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Cpt gordon.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>14034899
Camille will be the defensor of Earth.
>>
>>14034899
>>14034931
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxa8kXDbOGU
He is voicing the half-baldf guy in IBO.
>>
>>14034936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oTAtGgxq8
>>
>not liking 神you
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24408360
>>
File: Legal in Shangri-La.jpg (91KB, 1200x790px) Image search: [Google]
Legal in Shangri-La.jpg
91KB, 1200x790px
Ever notice Kamille kinda looks like a younger Garma.
>>
>>14034919
I probably wouldn't like them

Like most uc mcs he got way less insufferable at the end
>>
>>14034494
>Green on midnight blue
Disgusting
>>
>>14031737
does Kamille get the best ending of any Gundam protagonist?
>>
>>14035048
That would be Bellri since he gets to hang out with Tomino
>>
I want to bully Kamille in his butt
>>
>>14032886
>whether he had gotten mind fried or not he had had enough of combat and war...and for good reason.

Dunno, pretty sure he would've stayed on the Argama during the events of ZZ before calling it quits, especially given the state of the crew. He knew Haman was especially dangerous and specifically sought her out near the end.
>>
>>14035094
>hanging out with tomino
>better than getting with Fa and being a rich doctor
?
>>
Kamille has Aspergers. Like he is straight up an /r9k/ user. Early Kamille sucks. He's just bitching and acting like a brat, after a while he calms down some.
>>
>Kamille has autism
Wrong, he's an angsty teenager surrounded by weirdos and calls everyone out everyone on their bullshit.
>>
>>14035840
Early Kamille is fine.
>>
he's a cute girl
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.