[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 4 episodes into this and rapidly losing the will to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 60263.jpg (42KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
60263.jpg
42KB, 225x350px
I'm 4 episodes into this and rapidly losing the will to live. Is there any point in continuing? I really wasn't expecting it to be THIS bad.
>>
>>14024049

The first 3 episodes are the best part of the show. If you didn't like that, you certainly won't like what comes after.
>>
Believe it or not but it gets WAY worse.
There's a reason why it's considered part of the Aniplex Shitriology.
>>
>>14024049
>I really wasn't expecting it to be THIS bad.

The first three episodes are the only decent ones. What so bad about them?
>>
By the end I was just watching it to see Slaine's world come down.
>>
>>14024049
It peaked at episodes 1-2. Go watch IBO, it will make AZ good.
>>
>>14024070
It's a duology now.

Sunrise took Valvrave in the ensuing divorce scandal.

IG could not be reached for a comment regarding Guilty Crown, however. Nitro+ seems interested in taking that one for themselves.
>>
>>14024070
Do I even want to know what else is part of the Shitriology?
>>
>>14024092
>What so bad about them?
Well, the whole premise and justification for the invasion is laughably terrible. And then instead of at least getting a good mech action show, it's just zero-personality autism boy overcoming everything with his "strategies" that are equally implausible. There's just nothing good about the show. All of the characters are ludicrously stupid cardboard cut-outs. There is no real world-building, just a garbled exposition dump in episode 1 and then you're supposed to somehow care about what's happening enough to just go with it...

I dunno man, I could go on and on about how terrible this show is from its very first minute.
>>
>>14024092

I just finished the third episode and thought the series seemed pretty okay. Should I be worried about what's coming up?
>>
>>14024133
Someone please post the idiotic world map that features shit like randomly flooded mountain regions.
>>
>>14024092
It tries too hard to be cool

There's a term for it, that sort of childish delusion where you're stuck in this fantasy that's "cool" in a very underage and juvenile sense...
>>
>>14024133
>Well, the whole premise and justification for the invasion is laughably terrible.

1914, Sarajevo, First great war start because of the assasination of archduke Franz Ferdinand. Just as the World War I, it was just an excuse.

AZ war premise is clearly a reference
>>
>>14024170
World War I developed in stages, it didn't start with an instant all-out attack on civilian population centers.

And more importantly, "it happened in real life" is not an acceptable justification for unsatisfying fiction. Leaving the viewer thinking that the whole setup for the story is completely stupid is not a good way to start a show, even if you intend to add more depth later.
>>
>>14024152
Probably... but this kind of criticism does not mean much to me. You can use it to criticize any show.

I am a French with a bad use of English but ,okey, i will try my best,

From my point AZ is shit because:

1)Plot twists are literally thrown on stage without any preparation.

2)Characters who behave specifically to make happen the most absurd things.
I can give examples, but it would be long. the Slaine/Inaho scene was just one of many.

3)Backstory totally nonexistent and magic shit that is never justified or explained. The whole Aldnoah story is totally forgotten. It becomes just an excuse to justify secondary plot issues or superior mars mecha that, in any case, are here just for show... and destroyed like stupid fools by SUPER INAHO.

4)A total unawareness of how a war work and I had never seen a show so ignorant on the subject. This is one is the most serious flaw, because the show make a completely wrong and inconsistent message about what is right and what is wrong in war.

5)The story is cut without a real ending, and everything seems to be incomplete and inconsistent with the initial premises.
>>
We agree it had at least good cakes?
>>
>>14024255
Technically by themselves none of those have to be problems in a vacuum.

I honestly believe AZ bungles it all up because it does all of that and then has the audacity to think of itself like some highbrow work of art.

Pretentious might be a word to use. If it were self aware of its nonsense it might have been more tolerable, but it plays itself so bizarrely straight that you have to question the sanity of the acting agents of the narrative.

It wants to be serious, yet its constituent parts don't command that level of respect from the audience.
>>
>>14024252

It seems like the Vers Empire was just waiting on a pretense to launch a war of conquest, so I was able to let that kinda slide.

I can't really justify the show taking place in the present day, though. They found super tech on Mars in the 60s, so by 2014 there's a literal Empire on Mars with such a distinct culture they consider themselves a separate race? If the show was set in the early 2100s I could buy that, as it stands it just seems like edgy chuuni shit.
>>
>>14024635
There's the word I was looking for.

Chuuni.
>>
>>14024372
No.
>>
I swear to god Inaho is the worst mecha protagonist I've seen in years
>>
>>14024152
Saying that on /m/ of all places is kinda ridiculous though.
>>
>>14025415
Here on /m/ you should be able to tell the difference between cool and "cool."
>>
>>14025423
Not really. Even your favorites mecha shows are big ads for manchildren toys. Be honest with yourself, big robots are "cool" in a really juvenile sense, no matter what the shows themselves have to say.
>>
>>14025431
At least they're not ""cool.""
>>
>>14025036
Don't talk shit about Eggs. Eggs was the best "good at everything" MC we've had in years. Didn't blush at walking in on girls naked and had his cuck game on point.
>>
>>14025469
>Don't talk shit about Eggs. Eggs was the best "good at everything" MC we've had in years. Didn't blush at walking in on girls naked and had his cuck game on point.
Said no one ever.
>>
>>14024099
>It peaked at episodes 1-2. Go watch IBO, it will make AZ good.

And people made fun of it for saying it would surpass Gundam.

>World War I developed in stages, it didn't start with an instant all-out attack on civilian population centers.

It would be even worse if they tried to show them fighting in the beginning like it was World War 1. Their main armament was terror weapons.
>>
>>14024152
Chuuni?
>>
>>14025477
>Said no one ever.
Except I just did. Checkmate faggot.
>>
>>14025481
Main Character seems like something that one would come up with. The villains were a bit goofy.
>>
>>14025494
You are a nobody. Disqualified for rules violations.
>>
>>14025478
They didn't surpass Gundam. It just went to shit by itself.
>>
A.Z did have 3 things going for it:
>It makes Valvravu look better by comparison
>soundtrack was fire (muh kalafina)
>aside from cgi, both Vers and Feddies had cool aesthetics
>>
You could always go watch G-Reco or Fafner.
>>
>>14025469
Eggs was fucking boring with no rhyme or reason to why he is the way that he is.
>>
>>14024070
By any chance would the other 2 happen to be called sao and mahouka?
>>
>>14025415
>>14025431

you are right, but as you can see, many people here are not even able to elaborate why a show is bad.
>>
>>14024049
Watch it for Slaine.
>>
>>14026303
There were a few valid complaints, details in the setting/story were retconned, reliance of the story on a Gary Stu protagonist to do everything, cg wasn't good, poor character development and several bad fight scenes.

It was a pretty average mecha show.
>>
File: Bx_wOtaCQAAk216.jpg large.jpg (16KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bx_wOtaCQAAk216.jpg large.jpg
16KB, 848x480px
>>14024049
If you're not a gigantic husbandofag and don't like the first three episodes this probably isn't the mecha for you.

Three episode rule.
>>
>>14026673
>It was a pretty average mecha show.
Nope
>>
File: 1455186096282.jpg (39KB, 848x508px) Image search: [Google]
1455186096282.jpg
39KB, 848x508px
>>14026303
>many people here are not even able to elaborate why a show is bad.
Remember when bait was actually enticing?
>>
>>14024062
>>14024092
The first 3 episodes were shit
>>
>>14026742

The first three episodes actually give Inaho some kind of character by making him seem legit autistic instead of just the generic stoic character. In the next 20 episodes, even him getting a robot eye left less of an impact on how audiences viewed him than that early scene of this being a guy so firmly rooted in routine that he was cooking eggs instead of running for his life.

The first arc against the pillbug Kat is actually well written and the plot is rushed but holds together. Everyone's motivations still make sense at this point.

Its only later in the show that everything falls apart.
>>
Yes, to drop it at the 3rd last episode because you can't imagine it can even get that bad and finally couldn't give a shit anymore.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.