[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all the Gundam Series you've watched, out of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: Amuro Ray emblem vector by Sudro.png (56KB, 2645x2617px) Image search: [Google]
Amuro Ray emblem vector by Sudro.png
56KB, 2645x2617px
Out of all the Gundam Series you've watched, out of all the Gundam episodes you've watched, What do you consider to be your favorite episode?
Just that one specific episode that really made an impact on you.

I'm gonna refrain from adding my opinion since I just finished rewatching 00 again, and the highs-&-lows are all still fresh in my mind. Setsuna attacking the Thrones was just as hype as the first time I watched it.
>>
That episode where Ral leads an assault team into the Gundam and captures it, but Bright & Amuro capture it back.
>>
Too many series, Too many episodes to even think of a favorite.
>>
its hard to answer this question because of >>14020619, all I remember are specific scenes. To try to remember which episode has the most of the most memorable scenes is too difficult.

That said, for me it would probably be a tie between Turn A 40 because it is the best random-hijinks episode of the entire franchise, and Unicorn 01, because of the world-building and the pacing, and also because it had been a very long time since I had seen action that good, in any genre. I'm including the trailer as part of the episode, which I think people will probably remember here.
>>
Episode 13 of 00S2. The whole Memento Mori assault was really well done, in my opinion.
>>
The one that always comes to mind is episode 8 of Turn A, simply because its a relatively relaxing episode that suddenly becomes a huge character moment.
>>
>>14020551
Episode 8 of Zeta Gundam
>Rila and Jerid interacting
>Rilas great glorious titties
>Good fight with the MkII, the best Gundam
>exploring the gassed colony
>>
Scenes with impact?
Reinforce Jr.
Master Asia's last battle and RIP
Axis Shock

Favorite episodes altogether?
Too hard to say, everything blends in my mind and I can never remember where one ends and another begins.
>>
>>14020805
That's episode 7. I just watched it like half an hour ago
>>
I'll never forget Riders In The Sky...
>>
>>14020551
Final episode of Gundam 0079.
>>
Probably the 0079 episode with the zeon soldiers planting bombs on the gundam. It showed the zeon in a good light as well as Amuros and the white bases persistance towards survival.
>>
00 S2 Ep24

The entire TRANS-AM Burst scene was fantastic.
>>
>>14020551

I don't remember the exact episode numbers but.

The episode with Lalah's Death
The episode with Hyaku Shiki vs The O and Qubeley + the stage scene with Char.
That episode they use Turn A as a washing machine.
The episode in Wing where Quatre faces Heero and Trowa in the Wing Zero.
Unicorn episode one has a special place in my heart as well, it is a shame that Unicorn got worse with each episode because episode 1 was fantastic.
>>
Master Asia's first Appearance.

Other favorites are when Graham cut off the Throne's arm.
This >>14021037
Zeta Reentry episode for Jaburo
>>
>>14020551
Old men ramming Reinforce Jr. into enemy fleet.
>>
>>14020551
What's the unicorn in Amuro's emblem supposed to represent?

Also Riders in the Sky.
>>
>>14021048
Oh god yes, Normally I hate last-minute power-ups but the whole scene was so beautiful.
I teared up with Andrei's scene even though I hated that fuck.
>>
Shuddering Mountain Part 1. That damn Ez8 vs. Gouf Custom battle still, to this day, defines Mobile Suit combat to me.

Helps that at the time, Gundam 0079: Rise from the Ashes was my absolutely favorite on the Dreamcast-- that gameplay coupled with re-watches of Episode 10 is such a great memory.
>>
>>14021130
apparently it's the moniker/callsign he picked up while fighting for karaba in the years before CCA
>>
File: totally not robot blood.webm (3MB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
totally not robot blood.webm
3MB, 680x510px
Easy. I loved 08th's approach to how MS's moved, they had some fluidity to them but almost none of the martial-arts flourishing from other series.

Followed in close second by the Momento Mori assault in G00.
>>
>>14020551
Ez8 vs Gouf Custom
Nu vs Sazabi showdown
Turn A vs Turn X showdown
G-Self vs Wuxia during rescuing of Aida
>>
File: 1411388732489.jpg (218KB, 690x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1411388732489.jpg
218KB, 690x1000px
I've watched every major Gundam series to date and if I had to pick just ONE episode from everything, I think I'd have to go with the last episode of 0080.

I cared about every part of that final battle. I cared about every character involved. Watching every attack hit, in suspense about what the outcome would be. And the fact that it's battle between a Zaku and a Gundam adds to the symbolism. And then it wraps it up with "Yeah. This is war. It fucking sucks doesn't it?", which in my opinion was the best moment that the franchise has ever gotten that message across.

That is my favorite episode in all of Gundam.
>>
>>14020551
There are way too many good ones, though.

>The one with Miharu and Kai
>The one where Loran reveals he's a Moonrace
>Meijin Kawaguchi vs. the Renato Bros
>>
The episode of X where Witz and Roybea go back to their hometowns
Episode 16 I think
>>
Gunpla Eve.
>>
Episode 43 of Turn A. Shit was so fucking wild. I went fucking ballistic at the whole Dark History reveal. Hell, Turn A had so many god-tier episodes I can't list them all off the top of my head. Episode 1, the cow episode, the laundry episode, the last two episodes, the tribal episodes, it goes on.
>>14022148
This as well. I wish they got more screentime.
>>
File: 1404385986468.jpg (42KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1404385986468.jpg
42KB, 640x360px
>>14022154
This.
>>
>>14020551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GYB1neCEic
I kept watching this scene for almost 3 years now and it still bring tears to my eyes.
>>
>>14020551
>Favorite gundam episode
Have to say Zeta Gundam finale. that shit is so fucking intense with Pappy tanking all the shit from Haman,Char and Kamille.

I still remember my first time watching Zeta, the Wave Rider Crash took me by surprise, that shit is so desperate and awesome it was my favorite scene ever. until I watch this>>14022216
>>
The episode when Domon and Allenby have to team up against those 2 guys and God Gundam gets hit by the magnet.

It has a lot of good character action, shows that Master Asia still has honor despite being a villain, and the Double God Finger
>>
>>14021048
>>14021150
desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ergosuSlBR0
>>
>>14022148
That was great.

The all out fight with the Bit-Mobile suits in like ep 33 was tops too.

Dat Harmonica shield throw from the GX to the DX
>>
>>14020551
The last episode of Turn A, of course. Nothing else in Gundam comes close.
>>
This might sound like an oddball answer but Igloo 2's first and second episode. There are no happy endings if you're a grunt.
>>
Episode 50 of Victory, followed by ABoa Qu in the 0079 movie compilation
>IKUTSU MONO AIIIIII
https://youtu.be/9GYB1neCEic
>>
>>14020551
The episode of Turn A where Queen Diana swapped places with Kihel and cried at Kihel's fathers grave. I haven't seen my parents in years. It really got to me.
>>
>>14021452
I'm seconding this.
>>
Not a impact on me, but the scene I rewatch the most its Gundam Unicorn Ova2 where Banagher sorties in the Unicorn until it gets captured. I love the music, the choreography, what it means for the plot and its characters, everything.
>>
Episode 26 of AGE.
>>
>>14022369
Igloo should have animated the characters
also it shouldnt have made it so predictable that the characters were going to die every time
>>
Surprisingly, Episode 29 of SEED not-Remaster (aka where Nicol bites it) always comes to mind. Or less seriously, sage's shitsubs of AGE episode 25 (aka X-Pounder)
>>
Asemu and Zeheart's final battle
The first firing of the GX's Satellite Cannon
Pretty much the entirety of 00S1; Graham Aker is definitely what made 00 for me.
Despite being a shit series, the debut battle of Tryon-3 and the Mega-Shiki are also some of my favorites
>>
>>14022809
>Asemu and Zeheart's final battle
I hope you mean the movie because the series fight was awful.
>>
>>14022816
Yup. The entire movie was really nice to watch.
>>
Kampfer amazing vs gm sniper k9.
>minigun out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>14020551
The one where they had gay sex.
>>
File: liar.png (170KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
liar.png
170KB, 640x432px
Master Asia's death, the Reinforce Jr., the elevator drop from 00S2, and Sei/Reiji vs. Fellini are all up there, but I have to give it to pic related.
>>
Assault on the Point of No Return from 0083.

>Kou vs Gato
>Neue Ziel vs Dendrobium
>Racing the clock
>Kou wrecking grunts
>Solar System II
>ESFS's plot to create the Titans becomes apparent, Kowen removed from command
>Cima's betrayal and Gato's reaction
>Kou slicing the shit out of a Musai
>not beating the clock
>>
Not pictured: someone else losing their head over land battleships.
>>
The end of Gundam Wing ep. 41. That race against the Barge cannon, Zechs going against Noin, Trowa finally getting back into combat readiness. So much stuff happening at once, and it still feels pretty iconic to me.
>>
File: burger.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
The final episode of 0080.

;_;7
>>
Episode three of MS IGLOO, stands out.
>>
The first three Episodes of IBO
The last episode of G Gundam
That one moment from F91 with the bugs, you know the one
Sei/Reiji vs the American weeaboo
>>
>>14023412
>Sei/Reiji vs the American weeaboo
>Not Sei/Reiji vs the Italian Dandy
>>
>>14021037
To this day, I'll probably always remember this as the episode where the animators snuck in Edwin the Magician from Daitarn 3 entertaining the Zeon troops.
>>
>>14022999
The second intro half way into the series was fucking hype when you watched what was going in the story.
>>
File: Amuro the mobile suit collector.jpg (93KB, 590x960px) Image search: [Google]
Amuro the mobile suit collector.jpg
93KB, 590x960px
>>14020551
Why is Amuro's custom symbol so GOAT?
Is there any other mecha protag or character with a cooler insignia?
>>
>>14024757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l8zX6AGJeI

MEN OF DESTINY

0083 is still probably my favorite Gundam series. If I skip over all of the dumb Kou/Gato/Nina love triangle stuff it's easily a 9/10 series. I could have enjoyed a love triangle, but they handled it so shittily that it really brings the series down.
>>
File: 1409963599198.png (518KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1409963599198.png
518KB, 640x480px
0079 the episode when amuro finally awakens zeon sends 12 Rick Doms
sayla kills 1
kai kills 1
hayato kills 1
amuro smokes 9 shit was hype
>>
>>14025780
In the Encounters in Space PS2 game he counts off the Doms as you kill them during that part. It's possible to go higher than 9 IIRC. Feel great.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.