[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Dirty Pair series and OVAs are worth watching? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: dirtypair-intro.png (146KB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
dirtypair-intro.png
146KB, 350x270px
Which Dirty Pair series and OVAs are worth watching?
I've seen Affair of Nolandia and Dirty Pair so far.
>>
It's more of the same. If you liked what you've seen, you probably like 'em.
>>
>>14019504
Cool. I didn't really like Affair of Nolandia that much, but Dirty Pair TV series was great.
>>
Watch everything that isn't Flash, then watch flash anyway.
>>
>>14019675
Nolandia is a bit of an outflier (an early adaptation too).

Watch all, Flash included.
>>
I really liked Flight

and not just because they got boob jobs
>>
File: dp-pe.gif (2MB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
dp-pe.gif
2MB, 400x293px
If you like the TV series, the 10-episode OVA is basically like that but better-animated and with tighter plots. I personally consider it my favorite version.

The Movie (aka Project Eden) is like the TV series, but on a bigger scale. Presentation-wise, it's the best, but it has a meh plot. IIRC, it was specifically made to cater to those who disliked Nolandia, so you'll almost definitely find something you like in it.

Flight 005 is somewhat removed from both of the other "Features" - it' kinda like a buddy cop drama. Also uses a pretty unique visual style. Some people's opinions on it are mixed, but I really liked it.

Flash and the Adam Warren comics take things into a different direction - haven't seen enough of Flash to give it a fair judgement, but the comics are a bit more over-the-top and have a darker style of comedy. Detached from every other version (not that the continuity was ever strong), but you might want to look into them.

The novels have interesting concepts but pretty meh and incomplete translations from what I remember.

I don't think the manga or radio series have been translated, but I could be wrong.

If I'm correct, the Famicom game is universally seen as the worst thing to come out of the franchise.
>>
Why is there Big Boss in the 10 episode OVA?
>>
>>14019875

Yuri is the cutest
>>
>>14021169

man looking back the Lovely Angels where kind of idiots
>>
>>14020540
>Adam Warren comics
Not Japan so I just totally ignore them and never felt bad about it. Also whenever something gets posted from them, I don't like it, so it's probably safe to continue.
>Western adaptation, basically.
>>
File: bloos.png (1MB, 1018x634px) Image search: [Google]
bloos.png
1MB, 1018x634px
>>14021142
The same reason their greatest foes are the Blues Brothers.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.