[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the only western science fiction worth anything right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: expanse.png (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
expanse.png
1MB, 1200x675px
Is this the only western science fiction worth anything right now? I need something to calm me down before the new Star Trek movie/series.
>>
Read the books.
>>
>>14015779
My book backlog is three years behind as it is, I've got four Enders Game entries to get though. I just want to know if the show is good.
>>
western trash isn't /m/
>>
>>14015828
Yeah the show is good. But really if you're that behind on books just set aside time and read them.
>>
>>14015778
Is this actually well-written or is just another Star Wars/ Star Trek/ Battlestar Galactica/ Firefly situation where everyone just pretends its' good because there's a massive drought of good, western sci-fi?
>>
>>14015828
>Enders Game entries
Ender's Game was cool.
Ender's BR space pig adventure wasn't.
The Bean Identity was even worse.
>>
>>14015902

I just finished Ender in Exile, which is both an attempt to pitch a shitty sequel to the shitty movie, and a quiet chance for Card to double down on his weird issues with gay people.

It should have just been Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead. Everything else was a mistake. It's not even soft science fiction, it's just not thought out. The bullshit "friendship has a physical metric in subatomic particles" thing is retarded.
>>
>>14015902
didn't the bean books have some retarded shit where Ender's brother and sister blog their way into the upper echelons of the government
>>
>>14015890
When you make a post like this do you really expect anyone will think you'll believe them if they answer with anything other than saying its bad?
>>
>>14015902
The only Ender books I've read were the first one and the one where Ender goes to that far off colony planet as an old man.
>>
>>14015942
Peter becomes the unifier/dictator of mankind and Valentine becomes the greatest historian in the world through their use of Geocities shitposting.

Orson Scott Card is also really shit at female characters.
>>
>>14015943
I expect an unbiased answer from someone who gives fair criticism. Just because I liked Star Wars doesn't mean I'm gonna sit here and pretend it's good. I would never recommend it to someone who doesn't already like sci-fi.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say or are you too busy trying to find something to be mad at?
>>
>>14015976
When you say shit like
>where everyone just pretends its' good
you're not coming off as accepting of opinions against whatever preconceived biases you have.
>>
It's a fine show, but SyFy still can't seem to afford more than 45 seconds of CGI per episode, so get used to Tom Jane and his stupid hat solving crimes.
>>
>>14015942
they basically did that in Ender's Game, but yeah, Bean's Adventures In Fetuses basically posit that shitposting and blogging of the onlines wins the world government.
>>
File: tumblr_o1pq5hYtex1tes331o1_500.gif (202KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1pq5hYtex1tes331o1_500.gif
202KB, 500x348px
>>14016003
>implying the Miller parts weren't awesome in their own way
>navigating the crime-ridden depths of Ceres
>grabbin your stupid hat and visiting your harpooned partner
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.