[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished gundam 0079 for the very first time. It was way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: mobile-suit-gundam.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
mobile-suit-gundam.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
I just finished gundam 0079 for the very first time.
It was way better than I expected it to be.
I especially loved the post Jaburo arc.
Also Kai and sleggar are best characters.
>>
>>14013123
You'll fit right in. Go watch more Gundam or try to expand your mind with even more mecha (fun fact: there are other mecha series besides Gundam, although it's hard to believe with the way you see people post around here)
>>
>>14013159
Gundam is my /m/ training right now.
A lot of my favorite stuff as a kid and now is /m/ stiff, but I never realized I liked it because it was mecha.
I only realized that I liked Mechas was because I kinda liked IBO despite all the hate
After seeing this though I get why people think it is kinda weak.
>>
>>14013123
I still feel sad thinking about what could have been between lalah and amuro.

also Elmeth best mobile armor.
>>
>>14013159
Welcome to the shithole make yourself at home.

I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Remember to hate IBO..
>>
Also I heard zeta is kinda weak compared to the original is that true?
Also where can I find good quality episodes?
>>
>>14013205
That claim is from a very loud small group of individuals trying to scare away newcomers from /m/'s favorite entry in the franchise.

DO NOT FALL FOR THE ZETA IS CARP MEME!!!!
>>
>>14013205
zeta isn't weak necessarily, it's just hard to top how good 0079 is. kamille and some of the other characters are polarizing to a lot of people, but imo the mech designs are good (albeit pretty radically different from 0079's by the end), the plot continues the UC story well, and you get a bit more of the spacenoid world as well (0079 gave you a lot of earth which certainly wasn't bad, but this one is much more about space).

i'd say if you can accept that it's a different series about a different story, you'll like zeta. if you think kamille is an insufferable autist you won't.
>>
>>14013215
I was going to watch it anyway, I am planning on following the guide and watch every gundam series in release order.
Also which series should I look forward too and which one should I brace myself for?
>>
>>14013178
It's mostly because of the name attached to it, otherwise it would have been largely ignored. We went in expecting an emotional, dramatic train wreck courtesy of Mari Okada but we found that the show was simply boring. However nobody wants to stop watching because it's Gundam. So you end up with this amount of hate. It's not the worst of Gundam but it's very dull and we actually have to live through 6 months of it instead of marathoning it so it's expected.

In any case, probably best to ignore IBO threads, they're cancerous. Many UC threads are too. However you will come to live with it and just find which are best. Terrible Gundam threads die down when a series isn't airing (a little).

In the future, remember to make the thread have a topic. Otherwise it's no different from a blog post.
>>
>>14013228
if you like __fun___ G Gundam fucking rocks

i've heard SEED and SEED Destiny aren't very good but i've not seen them so take that with a grain of salt
>>
>>14013215
Quit trying to push your Zeta Is Good meme, anon.
>>
File: 1455839010913.jpg (365KB, 1057x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1455839010913.jpg
365KB, 1057x1008px
>>14013234
Loved G until the tournament started then it just felt like the show came to a screeching halt. Luckily the six or so episodes after the tournament arc totally makes up for it but damn do I wish the series had more of Domon exploring the world.
>>
>>14013234
I fucking loved G-gundam when I watched it 6 years ago.
Master asia was the best he even had a horse that had his own mech.
I also watched both seasons of build fighters which I kinda regret now, because I only watched G-gundam and had some vague recollection of watching wing when i was 7.
A lot of thing made way more sense now now that I have watched this.
>>
>>14013243
I thought the tournament was pretty cool.
I remember loving the rematches and other stuff.
>>
>>14013228
General comments:
ZZ: It's different from Zeta. Get ready for a big change in tone for the first half. It eventually stabilizes but if you hate the first part you might not like the second due to lingering feelings. If you like the first part, then fine. However ZZ is generally seen as the UC series with the most problems - not that this makes it worse, but it polarizes some people (a little unfairly, but I can see what they mean).
CCA: Movie about Char and Amuro. This is accepted as the cut-off for the original Gundam saga but side stories will always continue.
0080 - War in the Pocket: A much more personal look at the tragedies of war from the perspective of a young boy. Top-tier but robot fights are not the main focus.
F91: The beginning of "Late UC". Happens many years after most OYW veterans are dead and gone but wars will always continue. Breddy gud in my opinion but it's hard to deny that the pacing can be really wonky as it was intended to be a series, not a movie. No need to prepare for it though.
0083 - Stardust Memories: To this day, still one of the best animated things from Gundam. The story is a little strange, adding a bunch of stuff in between 0079 and Zeta but if you can tolerate the characters (many people make a huge deal of it but it's not that bad) you're golden.
Victory: The only Late UC series. Brace for the most depressing series yet. Some see it as melodrama but that really depends on whether you enjoy it or not. My personal favorite for mecha design and battle choreography (and story but it can be a little polarizing for some people) even though 0083 devoured almost all of its shading.
More in a moment.
>>
>>14013240
Zeta is good is fact
>>
>>14013280
ZZ won't be a problem since I am no stranger to slogging through boring parts to get to the good stuff.
>>
File: 1432874465889.jpg (32KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432874465889.jpg
32KB, 704x480px
>>14013280
>Brace for the most depressing series yet

And also one of the funniest.
>>
>>14013280
G: The first AU. Hot-blooded robot action with little regard to the usual realistic take on war but surprisingly delivers. If you're bothered by the protagonist shouting out his special attack then you might not like it but give it a chance. Also everyone has a Gundam.
Wing: Second AU. Generally regarded as kind of low-quality but it can be tolerated. Nothing to brace for except 5 protags in Gundams and a lot of bad waxing political.
X: Third AU. Got cancelled like the original but no need to brace for much. It's not super eventful.
08th MS Team: Back to UC. It's a side story set during the OYW just like 0080. It's kind of about grunts doing grunt things in Vietnam with no newtype powers but gets distracted by boring stuff sometimes. Still very serviceable and has some nice fights. Nothing to brace for except MUH REALISM fags.
Turn A: Shit nigga, here it is. Tomino, the director of all non-OVA UC material up to this point came back for a Gundam to end all Gundams. And to do that he makes something very different from what Gundam has done before. Brace for a slow burn and beautiful music. /m/ wanks it more than most places but it is genuinely good, I think. Maybe my brain is fried from too much Tomino.
SEED: Wew lad, it begins. Intended as kind of a reboot of UC. I'll keep it pretty simple and say brace for mediocrity across the board.
SEED Destiny: It takes everything that might have been nice from SEED and turns it into something retarded or forgets it. It takes everything you hated from SEED and does it all the time. Shit characters, shit writing, shit battles, shit mecha, shit story, shit production team. Stock footage everywhere. Not entirely due to incompetence (except the director, a genuine faggot) because the script writer was being literal cancer but insisted on continuing. All in all it's so bad that it makes you hate SEED more than you ever did the first time.
Brace yourself because THIS is the climax of Gundam in the worst way possible.
>>
>>14013320
Oh yeah, Victory had some great fun in it. It just doesn't last or has to come back to reality.
>the boys' mischief (while prisoners)
>bath scene and pic related (kidnapping)
>shakti mishandling babby (babby is annoying)
>Flanders or Haro doing shit (usually to save someone's ass)
>fucktarded translation liberties
>other minor things
I mean it's still fun but without it the series would have been nonstop dread from start to finish.
>>
>>14013325
>>14013280
Thanks for taking the time to explain all this anon.
I really appreciate that you help a newfag like me out.
I think I am going to skip destiny and maybe seed.
>>
>>14013352
Don't skip, it's part of the experience. Otherwise you will never understand why people hate it. But if you're not looking for completion then feel free to use those 100 episodes on a more productive series. Something other than Gundam.

In any case here's a little more. Just a reminder that these are solely my opinions to give you a general look at what you'll be facing for the rest of the franchise. Don't take them too seriously and always form your own opinions.

00: Honestly I haven't seen it yet but based on general opinion: Season 1 does things pretty well while changing up the usual formula, Season 2 does things more by-the-book. I can't speak for its quality though. Brace for the movie though.
Build Fighters: It's about gunpla models. Surprisingly very good for what should have been shounenshit sports anime. Has some real love put into it. Nothing very deep but you'll probably like it for what it is. Flaws are pretty easily overlooked.
Build Fighters Try: Very generic shounenshit. Throws new models in your face blatantly screaming for you to buy them. Fights are a huge step down. Generally ridden with flaws from start to finish and pretty boring to boot.
G-Reco: Tomino again, back for the 35th anniversary. Aired at the same time as GBFT. By this point you should make your own opinions on Tomino's work. Don't listen to anyone else on it, decide what you think on your own. Lots of shitposters when it was airing and divided most people into "it's absolute shit" and "stick to A/Z" camps but thankfully those are breaking apart and slowly people can reveal that they weren't so fanatical about it.
Unicorn: Actually started back in '07 I think but didn't finish until recently. OVA series set after CCA. Wonderful art, especially for digital, but many people dislike parts of it for one reason or another. There are plenty to choose from. In any case it has some seriously great grunt battles. Bandai has milked it to death over the course of ~9 years now.
>>
>>14013401
>opinion is used in three sentences in a row
>end two sentences with though right next to each other
Fuck I'm not paying attention. Ignore my shitty writing.

The Origin: Currently airing OVA about Char's life and UC in general before 0079. Based off the manga by one of the original creators of the series. Another case of adding shit where it isn't needed but it isn't necessarily bad. Mecha are in highly subjective CGI. Personally I don't like the look of it much but it could have been much, much worse.
Thunderbolt: Currently airing OVA about a very minor conflict around the OYW, way off to the side. It has free jazz. As someone who plays jazz I don't think it was amazing or particularly well-placed for the scenes but it's always nice to hear in anime. And it's still not bad, just not great. Designs might look weird because it was adapted from an Alternate UC manga and turned into a canon entry but it is explained, so no worries.

G-Savior: Ignore it, it's kind of like the Mario Bros. movie. Nobody wants to remember it exists. The MC suit isn't so bad though.
Evolve: Some short CG stuff. Might as well watch them since they're only a few minutes long.
SEED Stargazer: The only tolerable entry from SEED's universe. Stargazer is pretty unique. Otherwise not very notable.

Don't think I'm missing anything important. If I am, it's no big deal because this list is superfluous anyway.
>>
>>14013401
Not mentioning that Bandai is milking Unicorn again. It just got a TV series.

Thunderbolt as well. We have manga kits then re-releases them as anime versions.

Guntards are really drooling again.
>>
>>14013431
What about age?
>>
>>14013205
Don't listen to those faggots, Zeta is great even if the first 3 episodes are kinda weak and the middle (after Neo Hong Kong and before Kilimanjaro arc) are slower and less interesting than the rest of the series.
>>
>>14013123
>It was way better than I expected it to be
That it was.
>I especially loved the post Jaburo arc
Kids looking for bombs was great. Superb arc.
>Also Kai and sleggar are best characters
Absolutely.
>>
>>14013401
>>14013431
Thanks for the info.
I am still not sure fo I want to watch seed since I don't mind watching through bad episodes if it gets good, but If it is all bad there is nothing to motivate me to power through them.
>>
File: Spess Runaway.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Spess Runaway.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
>>14014218
Absolute most essential 100% accurate and most important piece of advice you will get ITT.

Spess Runaway IdEON

In my opinion the show is Tomino's masterpiece. It's weird and at times slow and hard to watch, but on the whole it's absolutely fucking awesome.

>>14013205
Camille is a weird protagonist, but I think he's interesting. Story goes in an interesting direction and isn't paced as tightly as 0079 but is still really good stuff.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.