[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any other examples of Tech Noir? https://www.you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1458315252128[1].gif (629KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1458315252128[1].gif
629KB, 500x273px
Are there any other examples of Tech Noir?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_D9zP2s1xQ
>>
>>14012757
That's not noir.
>>
Blade Runner
>>
>>14012757
There's a pretty huge overlap between Tech Noir and Cyberpunk. Actual, Gibson style Cyberpunk, not Steampunk cosplayers with Neon and Power Gloves instead of Cogwheels and Top Hats.
>>
Vaporwave
>>
No more fucking meme decade Hotline Neon shit, please.
>>
>>14012977

VHS is overrated
>>
HEY THAT GUY DIDNT PAY!!!
>>
>>14012994
>the 90s is going to be the next meme decade

90s kids are bad enough already, I really am not ready to have literal children memeing to me about Pogs, Windows 98, Game Boys and Nirvana.
>>
>>14013017
I think the worst part is that the bulk of people who identify as "90s kids" were born in '97- '99 and thus don't actually have any memories of that shit coming out.
>>
>>14012994
I love Neon shit and poofy, hairspray 'dos. Keep it coming, I say.
>>
Have you tried The Big-O? It's a good tech-noir anime series if you ask me :v
>>
>>14014528
Yeah. The soundtrack is very noir too. I absolutely love "Brick Ballades:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiMqZmNHU1I
>>
>>14012757
There's a neat little short from Genius Party called 'Toujin Kit' which is a good example of tech noir in a dystopian setting. Pic is a screenshot from it.
>>
File: detective's x-ray eye.gif (995KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
detective's x-ray eye.gif
995KB, 500x265px
>>14015706
Not gonna lie, this is probably one of the coolest things I've seen in an anime.
>>
File: 133278_full.jpg (77KB, 1000x792px) Image search: [Google]
133278_full.jpg
77KB, 1000x792px
This thread really makes me wonder if any of you have actually ever watched noir before.
>>
>>14015721
Go to bed, grandpa. We aren't talking about real noir.
>>
>>14012757

Terminator 1
Blade Runner
Streets of Fire

These are the most influential films for 80's sci-fi OVA and films. Animate the night club in Terminator, change the song to Japanese and it wouldn't look out of place at all.
>>
>>14015721

>Tech-noir (also known as future noir and science fiction noir) is a hybrid genre of fiction, particularly film, combining film noir and science fiction, as seen in Blade Runner (1982) and The Terminator (1984).

>Director James Cameron coined the term in The Terminator, using it as the name of a nightclub, but also to invoke associations with both the film noir genre and with futuristic sci-fi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tech_noir
>>
>>14015721
Part of the problem is that critics/authors/whatever have been trying to find some meaning to attach to the term "Tech Noir" because it sounds really cool, so now we have a confused mess of terms. For example, I think (I think) one Emily E. Auger tried to define it as "science fiction focusing on the potential dangers of science", a genre spun out of Cyberpunk and post-Cyberpunk. When informed that there was already a name for this genre, and that the name was "science fiction", she responded by putting out a second edition of her book.

I'd really love to see some science fiction made in Film Noir style.
>>
>>14016835
What the fuck?
If anything The Terminator is just a sci-fi slasher movie.
>>
>>14012994
60's meme fucking when?!
>>
>>14015721
i doubt anyone really saw any legit noir i mean beside all those cartoons parodies
>>
Noir is about decadence in the upper echelon of society most of the time, with inclusion of small time actual criminals and "lessons" about life.
Having a detective and being in nightime los angeles isn't a must.
>>
>>14019563
Which is also why a lot of great noir movies have insurance agents as main characters.
>>
>>14019563
>Having a detective and being in nightime los angeles isn't a must.
i guess those were pulp noirs then?
>>
>>14019563
Film noir is primarily a style of cinematography rather than subject matter.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.