[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion about Barbatos? Not the pilot, not the show,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

File: BAR.jpg (424KB, 864x1384px) Image search: [Google]
BAR.jpg
424KB, 864x1384px
What is your opinion about Barbatos?
Not the pilot, not the show, just about the Gundam design.

I have some issue with the exposed stomach, and the lack of a shield, but i really like the design and the iron mace. So brutal.
>>
>>14011251
A couple of its forms had a buckler.

I like Form 2, the rest are kinda meh
>>
I like it. The v-crest is a bit oversized for my taste, but I enjoy seeing it fight. My personal favorite weapon is the giant clamp thing.
>>
>>14011251
Seems kind of bare bones. I've never liked the anorexic waist that always looks like it's about to snap in half. The dino chomper is cool, though. Gusion Rebake and Kimaris are both better designs.
>>
File: banm160221.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
banm160221.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
>>14011251
Covering up the torso with a box of unbroken white armor was a mistake. It gets rid of the suit's only visual focal point and clashes with the lean, "sinewy" look of the rest of the suit.

They should have added similar armor plates to other parts of the suit (the legs, the hip verniers) or given the chest piece some other visual flare.

I have no comment on the Dinosaw, nor will I ever
>>
>>14011284
This form is indeed horrible.
>>
File: 1456497609634.jpg (153KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
1456497609634.jpg
153KB, 560x840px
It's pretty ok.
>>
>>14011251

Not a fan of the exposed stomach, other than that I think it's pretty cool. Not really a Gundam to me though
>>
something that seems to escape alot of critics is that for the various forms of the barbatos, it isn't necessarily about its aesthetic, but rather for repairs. the Barbatos is a relic mobile suit, so replacement parts are almost non existent. the battles it's been in have given it a good amount of physical damage to its armor, so each form is just random matching parts from mobile suits in its previous battle. that said, I find the first form to be very attractive and menacing.
>>
>>14011348
> Not really a Gundam to me though

This can also be said for the Exia. I appreciate that has its own style. The exposed stomach is in fact the only dumb point of this design.
>>
>>14011284
>I have no comment on the Dinosaw, nor will I ever

Wait... people don't like the DinoSaw?
>>
I like it. I'm not a fan of the forms past 4, though, especially considering they rely a lot on recycled parts from Grazes. I'll give them points for Dinosaw though.
>>
The dino feet and the gap in the center look dumb.
>>
>>14012154
> Dino feet
Wait, what?
>>
The thigh is too damn short
>>
>>14012167
The shape of the calves and the pointing toes/claws make me think of a dinosaur.
>>
I think the waist looks cool.

My only real complaint is the typical god-awful colour scheme, but it's a lead Gendumb so that's to be expected I suppose. The head is by far the least shitty of all "typical" MC Gundam heads, but even then it could use some cleanup.

Overall it, along with Zeta, is my least hated lead Gundam.

>>14011281
>Gusion Rebake and Kimaris are both better designs.
This.

>>14012220
They're supposed to look like goat legs.
>>
>>14012220

The Barbatos' silhouette is supposed to look like a traditional satyr/demon with horns and cloven feet.
>>
>>14012261
This. Maybe it's a bit 'too colorful, but the shape is not bad
>>
>>14011251
It has a really cool and esoteric design.
Would have really liked it if it was a sign of the design of the rest of the gundams.
However, it's supposedly been upgraded multiple fucking times, but it's still using the same design. Like...what..did the teiwasz have that specific kind of fucking stuff to put on the fucking frame or something?
Should have replaced pieces on it and made it look different or find a cache of old gundam pieces from the calamaty war while they were trying to get to eart and strapped it on there.
Or hell, say that it's too odd and exotic so many pieces can't fit on it so they have to figure out how they work and replicate or repair it.
>>
I prefer form 6 because of the shoulders that mesh better with the rest of the very angular suit.
>>
>>14011284
drop the white over-armor, use form 4's shoulders. perfect Gendum.
>>
File: 51452729_p0_master1200.jpg (662KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
51452729_p0_master1200.jpg
662KB, 1200x1200px
>>14012361
I can't find a decent pic with Blue shoulders.
It need a cape.
>>
>>14011251
Good design for a Mech.

Awful design for a Mobile Suit.
>>
>>14012846
Also applies to other resent suit designs as well
>>
>>14011251
Barbatos inferior, Kimaris superior
>>
>>14011251
I like it's feral appearance. And the design seems to be a mesh of influence of Gundam x Valvrave which I also like. At first, the waist did bother me alot like most others but I got used to it. It certainly will NEVER appear practical but by looks, I've warmed up to it.

However, I do think the round pauldron-like shoulders are a bit at odds with the rest of the very sharp-lined design. I definitely prefer Form 2 or 6's shoulders over the usual Form 4 ones.
>>
>>14011284
S'far as I'm concerned, I've warmed up to and quite like the 6th form. But yeah, I'd like it a lot more if that big hulking white chest-armour wasn't there.
>>
File: Gusion-Rebake_Front.png (198KB, 360x555px) Image search: [Google]
Gusion-Rebake_Front.png
198KB, 360x555px
>>14012873
>Kimaris

I can not understand the love for Kimaris , seriously. I can for the Gusion, but Kimaris looks like too much a dismissed design from a G-Reko enemy gundam.

Gusion and Barbatos all the way.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 335x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 335x248px
>>14013918
Barbatos looks like a Cubone
Pirate gusion looks like a politoed.
Rebake looks like a graveler
>>
>>14011251
I like it but I don't love it. It's kinda bizarre looking, which is cool, but suits in it's own series do 'non-trad gundam' so much better.
The variations go some way to make up with it. I was quite enamoured with the earthbound form until I actually saw the episode it was used in.
>>
>>14013918
I like Kimares for being a gundam with elements of The O and Sumo. Also lances are pretty sweet and I've only liked it more since trooper has a centaur transform function.
>>
File: ib101_18[1].jpg (71KB, 572x650px) Image search: [Google]
ib101_18[1].jpg
71KB, 572x650px
>>14011251
I don't like the bulbous shoulders, the paint scheme, the oversized v-fin, and the typical gundam face plate that they slapped on.
The head looks better without armor attached.
>>
>>14013030
Same here except I support the pauldrons since they further the armored knight aesthetic, and parallel a bit to the knee armor also being a curved sculpt.

Then again I feel it rocked good looks up until the most recent high heels configuration (they look kinda gaudy). The beefy ass chest armor was also not exactly a plus for me until it was revealed to be reactive armor at which point my only gripe remaining was that it didn't have some additional detail to break up what otherwise looked like a cheap plastic shroud for the torso.
>>
>>14011251
That's the only form of it I like, but I agree with everyone else about the stupid exposed midsection.

However short it was, it was nice to have space knight as opposd to the standard space samurai. The king crown like v-fin, the gigantic shoulder pauldrons -- shit was cool, but then the upgrades got rid of everything I liked about it.
>>
>>14011354
What makes Exia not Gundam? Though I agree Barbatos is Gundamish in design.
>>
>>14011251
>Ugly waist. no vulcan guns.
This one really sucks.
>>
File: HG_ExiaVs.0GundamACD_0[1].jpg (123KB, 1152x360px) Image search: [Google]
HG_ExiaVs.0GundamACD_0[1].jpg
123KB, 1152x360px
>>14015128
Because it went against true Gundam.
>>
>>14015149
Lel pleb. 0 is not RX-78 though.
>>
>>14011251
I got tricked into liking it.
It was sort of the idea of it at first. More the aspect of seeing the guts and it being a ground fighting sort of mech. Then the series got weird. Then I started noticing more of the flaws. Maybe it was there to begin with and it was all my fault, but fuck if I can't say it was bittersweet building the model then shrugging and chucking it aside for spare parts (I dug the frame)?
>>
i enjoy that it's a relatively unique approach to the conventional Gundam design.

although after building the 1/144 i realized that it's pretty exposed at the ankles, calves, waist/stomach and i absolutely loathe how the feet connect to the lower leg.
>>
>>14011251
Design looks good but underdeveloped. This is no more than a twist to the RX-78. While it does look aesthetically pleasing, it still didn't bring anything new. It's gimmicks also show that it's literally frame arms Gundam. The Flaws are obvious and little details were not taken care of such as the armor placements, wiring, pistons , etc...etc. Ideas are there but it looks like they didn't think it through enough to justify putting it there such as the sharp feet which the spike is not long enough to pierce anything. They could've just enable the spikes to extend and retract in case it gets stuck and making it long enough to pierce like a dagger. Overall it looks good as a concept but refinements are needed. To me, 00 does a better job at a unique approach to Gundams and it doesn't help that Barbatos's head looks a lot like 00's with the ear bits, large head gem and the annoying triangle top. Heck the faceplate is exactly the same just with 2 grey teeth bits on the side.

Tl;dr Good concept but terrible execution, just like the show. It's literally made in mind to look cool.
>>
meh
>>
>>14013918
>Really want the Rebake 1/100 but you have to pay for both Gusion and Rebake to build only one of them
If anything they'd put out just the Rebake in P-Bandai and somehow make it MORE expensive
>>
>>14011251
The V-Crest has grown on me but the pauldrons are still a bit much, or at least too bulbous
>>
A step in the right direction but still far too RX-78-2 and traditional. The Guison would have been an infinitely better choice as the lead Gundam.
>>
I like it because it's different, but there are certain things I'd do better, mostly the torso and the profile.

I really like that it fights with non-standard weapons like the giant club.
>>
>>14017345
>>14017345
I should clarify that I mean the original Guison, that the generic looking Rebake design.
>>
>>14012297
It's only been upgraded once by Saisei, the rest of the forms are essentially kitbashing on a 1/1 scale.
>>
File: rebake.png (344KB, 594x525px) Image search: [Google]
rebake.png
344KB, 594x525px
I can't have been the only one to have thought of this when space Guts announced the name of Gusion Rebake, right?
>>
Did the Barbatos ever kick anything with those weaponised toes?
>>
>>14017345
>The Guison would have been an infinitely better choice as the lead Gundam.

No Japanese would accept that . The Western tastes for mecha are vastly different. It is like expecting the Tallgeese in the main role. Super robots and Gundam for kid shows are basically Superheroes. They have to appear bright and cool.

Barbatos look fine to me.
I'd probably would like it more if the show, had less quality and less static animation for battles.
>>
>>14011251
It's fucking ugly.
The only good part is the pauldrons. Maybe the head too if you remove that horrible V-fin
>>
Waist armor upgrade when?
>>
It's currently on par with the Shining Gundam and the Grimoire for my No. 1 spot of favorite mobile suit design.

That said, the 5th/6th forms are disgusting.
>>
>>14011251
I was hoping for a junkyard type mech for barbatos.

Simply destroying enemy mech, getting spoils, attaching it to barbatos without any re-paints.

And also a better backstory on its origin is my only wish for 2nd season
>>
>>14011251
Love the back thrusters and frame under all that white armor.
>>14014612
Naked it reminds me of a Flag frame, which is a good thing.

>>14012136
I prefer stabmace personally. Chomp mace is...too sophisticated.

What irks me is fact this is supposed to be suit that is build from scavenged parts found on battlefields and yet every new iteration is pristine white, whole suit is symmetrical and there is no visible wear and tear. First few episodes were awesome, non existant logistic, lack of propelant and that mad maxian feeling that came wuth attaching parts that fell of enemy suits.
>>14017788
This.
>>
File: 55922253_p0.jpg (142KB, 418x743px) Image search: [Google]
55922253_p0.jpg
142KB, 418x743px
>>
File: 1458330318907.jpg (893KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1458330318907.jpg
893KB, 2000x2000px
>>14011251
I never warmed up to it. I wanted to like it but I can't. It's hard to pin down what exactly I dislike about the design since on paper it has potential to be excellent, but it never quite gets there.
Minor redesigns like
>>14012384
>>14019805
Look way fucking better to me for some reason.

I find IBO mecha design in general to be pretty bland. All the graze variants look way too similar and they shy away from using color schemes with more than 1 base color and gray/black. It must be easier for bandai to make color accurate kits this way, but it leaves us with a huge load of unfortunately forgettable mobile suits.

Gusion Rebake is great though. True MG when?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.