[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Lost Planet a good /m/ franchise? LP1 doesn't look to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: lost_planet.jpg (195KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
lost_planet.jpg
195KB, 1024x768px
Is Lost Planet a good /m/ franchise? LP1 doesn't look to great after nine years, but I'm willing to play through it if the later games scratch my robot itch.
>>
The first and second one are pretty fun, both for different reasons. Never played the third, it looked awful.
>>
File: LP_Weapons_Hanger_resize.jpg (4MB, 2955x3090px) Image search: [Google]
LP_Weapons_Hanger_resize.jpg
4MB, 2955x3090px
I really enjoyed playing through the first one, I recommend giving it a go OP.
>>
File: GAN-3AM01.jpg (467KB, 1204x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GAN-3AM01.jpg
467KB, 1204x1024px
>>14007038
Even though it got some flak at the time of release, LP2 is some great fun as bro-op. And the robots in it are boner inducing. The vital suits can transform, gattai, switch weapons and they have an insane number of hidden weapons and special manouvers.
>>
>>14007038
I love it. One of my favorite games from the last console generation.

LP2 is pretty cool in coop, but I don't know if it's still played online.
>>
>>14007153
I don't even remember that one.
>>
File: 885x.jpg (155KB, 885x497px) Image search: [Google]
885x.jpg
155KB, 885x497px
The plot of the first act of this game is bringing this robot back online.

best ending ever
>>
>>14007153

The VS you get during the final SP missions are pretty fucking nuts.
>>
>>14007393
I'm still angry at capcom for giving the single most bullshit excuse to not localize it at least they shot themselves in the foot when they made a console version that sold 1/3 of the handheld, the game is pretty fucking good
>>
>>14008077
>single most bullshit excuse
Especially given they got around that problem when they included Phoenix Wright in MvC3.
>>
>>14007038
The first one was good.

The second one can be fun in co op but otherwise i though it was a bit shit.

The third one was not as bad as i thought actually. I was surprised.
>>
>>14008085
>>14008077
It was actually a host of excuses, they said it would be too much work to translate the manga like panels and that no one would be interested and then came Project x Zone and its sequel to prove how wrong they were
>>
Alright, I just beat Green Eye.

There's a lot of bullshit filler with fighting stupid AI soldiers, but the boss fights are pretty great, and the VS's have just enough weight to make them interesting.

7/10 I love it.
>>
File: hardballer2.jpg (38KB, 574x508px) Image search: [Google]
hardballer2.jpg
38KB, 574x508px
>>14008266
Told you so.
>>
I only played a lot of LP2, and it definitely does it for me on just being awesome all around. A little flawed in places but damn is the core game great. The first one is rougher around the edges and can't decide if it wants to be arcade or survival game, and the third is some cinematic dead space clone that was outsourced to a no-name western developer. I have little knowledge of it beyond some short clips I saw which inspired little confidence.

Online is weird. 360 is beyond dead, PS3 had small signs of life when I played it last several months ago, and PC is split because the games for windows version and the steam version can't gattai. I think you can do the GFW version over hamachi nowadays if you're not interested in paying for it. I've never done it before though.
>>
Yes.

2 is one of the best /m/ games out there.
>>
>>14008532

I never got to use Vital Suits in multiplayer, tragically. Ended up coming in late to the game.
>>
>>14008537
most people just play the co-op rather than the MP.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.