[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is a long shot and also a huge request but if possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: what mecha.jpg (2MB, 2583x1319px) Image search: [Google]
what mecha.jpg
2MB, 2583x1319px
I know this is a long shot and also a huge request but if possible could some /m/en help me out with what each of these pictures are from? If they are from anything in particular.

I'm new to mecha and I don't recognize any of these and im looking to get into it.

Sorry if im a massive newbie to it all but help a brother out?
>>
>>14005196
1 is from Expelled from Paradise
2 is from Armored Core I think
3, 8, 10, 15 and I think 17 are from various Gundams
4, 7, and 9 are from Muv-Luv
13 is from Break Blade
14 is from Full Metal Panic!
6 is from Patlabor
12 is from some well known pixiv artist who does some decent stuff, can't remember his name though
I have no idea where 5, 11, and 16 are from
>>
>>14005302
you're an absolute legend thanks heaps. I'm thinking i'll start with Gundam and work my way through those, should take a while.
>>
>>14005307
Bit of advice: don't get so caught up in Gundam that you don't partake in other /m/ series. There are plenty of other good ones out there, unless you just want to be able to discuss whatever it is you're watching/reading with other people, then Gundam by itself will probably fill that need no problem.
>>
>>14005302
>I think 17
Fampai, that's the most overtly gundam image out of that lot
>>
File: Pomf =3.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pomf =3.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>14005302
3 is the ZAKU from Gundam SEED Destiny.
8 is the Hygogg from Gundam 0080.
15 is the SEM from the MSV side materials to Gundam 00.
17 is fanart.

10 is Barbatos from Iron-Blooded Orphans. >>13999902
>>
>>14005342
I know, I just had a feeling that it might be one of those kind of knockoff Gundam kind of things
>>
>>14005336
I'm going to start slow with Gundam, i know there is a lot there so i'll start at the start production wise and just work my way through the years while waching other /m/ too. I dabbled in it all a little as a kid with Eva but didn't get much into mecha for years, loved TTGL but stopped watching a lot of anime shortly after that. Occasionally watched some things like Linebarrels, Muv-Luv and loved Code Geass. But im very much out of the loop in terms of whats going on.

So im thinking of starting with the original Gundam and watching something else at the same time to break up how much Gundam there is, Any suggestions?

>>14005351
Thanks brobeans. So many gundam variants argh. daunting.
>>
>>14005380
Probably something Mazinger or Getter related so as to enjoy some of the more important /m/ works that are still good to this day. If you go with Mazinger, you can technically start with pretty much anything, but I would suggest Mazinkaiser, Shin Mazinger, or the original manga. For Getter, the manga probably serves as the best introduction, though the OVAs are all acceptable too, though you miss out on some references to the manga here and there and I find them to be not quite as good as the manga is, but it would be best for you to try whichever one you feel more comfortable doing.
>>
>>14005495
Awesome thanks man, i'm gonna start with Mazinger Z I think. Probably the manga and then watch it and then go to Mazinkaiser.
>>
>>14005196
>>14005302
16 = Alpha Weltall from Xenogears.
>>
2 looks "like" Armored Core, but isn't. Looks more like "inspired by" fanart.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.