[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's another OYW side story >It's another Zeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: 1423724539575.jpg (437KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1423724539575.jpg
437KB, 5000x5000px
>It's another OYW side story
>It's another Zeon remnants story
>It's another Neo-Zeon story
>>
File: purus.jpg (976KB, 2033x776px) Image search: [Google]
purus.jpg
976KB, 2033x776px
>it's a Puru story
>>
>its a crossboarder shitposter thread
>>
>>13995884
:)
>>
File: mpv-shot0290.jpg (64KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0290.jpg
64KB, 640x464px
>it is not Crossbone
>>
>>13995884
i want to fuck aoz puru
>>
You think that in those games with alt endings where Zeon wins they end up having to fight neo-feddies?
>>
>>13995844
How many fucking Zeon Remnants were there
Like after the nazis you just had a few hold outs, you didn't have enough left over for three more wars.
>>
>>13996162
>there has been no sidestory like Thunderbolt about what would happen if Zeon won the OYW
It's kind of unbelievable
Then again it would be really fanficky even for Gundam to write alternate timeline stuff with all the core characters and make it 'official'
>>
>>13996219
>How many fucking Zeon Remnants were there
1. It's called the One Year War because there's another one every year.
2. This is never really adequately explained in-setting, but also like a lot of things its handwaved for the "conflict" at hand.

One can ASSUME they start with leftover Zeon diehards from one war, and are armed from contributions by closet Zeon-supporters in Space with money, and regain fighting strength from NEW recruits that gather simply because the Federation is being corrupt and screwing up leadership or something yet again. OYW-era Zeon-made and somehow magically upgraded MS also appear and are somehow not useless despite being antiques for the time period.

And this happens every year more or less at a different level each time, with flare-ups like Operation Stardust and the Neo-Zeon wars and Laplace Incident, etc.

It's a never-ending cycle of stupidity for literally everyone involved.
>>
>>13996377
And even by late UC Zeon just won't fucking die, as we see with the oldsmobile conflicts.
>>
File: 1386140440607.jpg (19KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1386140440607.jpg
19KB, 500x404px
>It's not Gaia Gear
It'll never be Gaia Gear
>>
>>13996377
I wonder if insurance companies in UC have, like, "Zeon Remnant Coverage" after UC0083 or so, because by then you know this shit happens all the time.

"No, sir, I apologize but we cannot cover the damages and honor your policy because you only bought the standard monoeye mobile suit coverage, and as the death of your family and destruction of your home was caused by a stolen Federation MS..."
>>
>>13995981
>It's a UCtard gets triggered post

>inb4 b-but I liek teh Crossbone because pirates haha

You won't be fooling anyone, but go ahead, maybe tell us how wonderful Victory is.
>>
File: scared cat.jpg (63KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
scared cat.jpg
63KB, 693x663px
>>13996431
my favorite Gundam is Turn A and Crossbone is trash
>>
>Female personification of the grim reaper appears in an otherwise grounded show
>>
If the AEUG let the Titans do their job there wouldn't be any of these stories
>>
>>13996516
The Titans would have crushed the Crossbone Vanguard, Jupiter Empire, and Zanscare Empire.
>>
>>13996516
There'd be barely any humans left. We'd skip all the way to Turn A if the Titans had their way.
>>
>>13996431
Divorcing the question from your shitpost but is there anything that an AU has done better than a UC entry besides 00 S1 just for being different? Obviously UC gets 8 tries at bat but you'd think at least one of the AUs would end up better than a UC show, except maybe ZZ depending on opinion.
>>
>>13996600
>but is there anything that an AU has done better than a UC entry
I don't ever recall there being a post-apocalyptic UC show or one about tournaments.
>>
>>13996600
X
>>
>>13995844
>Mobile Suit Gundam F90
> Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
>Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn

unless I'm forgetting a few examples, the "Zeon remnant/revival" plot device has only been used four times in the last 25 years, and twice in the last decade

OYW spinoffs, on the other hand, are too numerous to count.
>>
>>13995884
>>13995884

Which one is Marida Cruz?
>>
>>13996607
What did those do better, though? Forgot to say that they were different but I can only really think of G's character rivalries being top tier, the characters themselves were pretty much generic shounen friendship fighters with the exception of Domon, Asia and BrĂ¼der. Bonus points for the final boss reveal but it was more of an Imagawa twist than a well-executed story element. So the rivalries are the best within a single series if you don't include Amuro and Char's overarching story.
>>
>>13995844
>It's another OYW side story
How many of these have been animated?

>It's another Zeon remnants story

>It's another Neo-Zeon story

I hope you realise that since Gundam started as an anime the anime takes centre stage, and everything in manga or book form in non-canon until it's actually been animated.
>>
>It's an Amuro gets turned into a dying clown side story
>>
File: cyber autism.jpg (66KB, 452x504px) Image search: [Google]
cyber autism.jpg
66KB, 452x504px
>>13996710
>its an Amuro pilots a new secret zeta custom variant side story
>>
>>13995844
I honestly wish they would just give late UC a chance, it would open up more opportunities for new designs instead of having to rehash the same old story and the same old MUH ZEON bullshit that we've seen non stop. I honestly do not want another line of zeon monoeye kits, I want to see something new.
>>
File: agls.jpg (391KB, 490x690px) Image search: [Google]
agls.jpg
391KB, 490x690px
>It's a lesbians build a Gundam unofficial side story to an official side story
>>
>>13996678

> >It's another OYW side story

5 that I know of, not counting the original or its compilation movies because those are not 'side stories'.

> >It's another Zeon remnants story
> >It's another Neo-Zeon story

These are basically the same qustion, because the difference between Zeon Remnants and Neo-Zeon gets pretty hazy. The second question is just a more specific subset of the first.

And the answer is, again, 5 that I can name. Not counting space groups that are effectively Zeon stand-ins without technically ever saying the name, like Zanscare or enemies in AUs. Just counting stuff where Zeon gets mentioned by name.
>>
>>13996431
Victory is the best installment in the gundam franchise.
>>
>>13997005
Greco
>>
>>13997168
that's so late it might as well be au though
he means victory/crossbone late where the old things still sorta exist but you have new things
>>
>>13996525
Please. They'd form an alliance with the Crossbone Vanguard and allow an evil mastermind from the Jupiter Empire to take over in a coup.

The Titans use anti-Spacenoid sentiments to drum up support, but in truth it's just a hollow power-grabber without any substantial ideology.
>>
>>13997890
>without any substantial ideology.

Actually Jamitov's plan was to purposely cause war crimes to build up Anti-Earth sentiment, leading to the destruction of the Earth elite. Then everyone was going to move into space with him in charge.

Before you ask, supplementary material.
>>
>>13997952
there's also a few moments here and there in the show, but it was so slight/subtle that it was easily missed and forgotten in favor of jamitov just being generic evil villain

https://desustorage.org/m/thread/13788477/#13795081
>>
>it's a Bright forgot to lock the Gundam again and now Katsu has stolen it so he can use it to impress cyber newtype girls episode
>it's a Katsu crashes into an asteroid while on a New Type trip and everyone breathes a sigh of relief that he was only in the G-Defenser episode
>>
>>13996600
It's not exactly difficult to be better than 08th MS Team or 0083 in any category besides animation.
>>
>>13998062
few to none of the gundam stories that came out after 08th MS Team or 0083 are usually said to be overall better than them

people still put 0083 on a pedestal solely because of the animation
>>
>>13995844
>mfw gundam in general
>>
File: Berga Giros2.jpg (85KB, 542x768px) Image search: [Google]
Berga Giros2.jpg
85KB, 542x768px
>It's another best designs are used in one movie and never seen again.
>>
>We'll never get a decent Gundam sidestory that deals with the adventures of mechanics, tank crews and foot soldiers

It's a shame only IGLOO tried to cover those areas to some extent.
>>
>>13996473
>favorite is Turn A

What's it like living in a world of almost understandable dialogue spoken by crazy people
>>
File: 141e6a456d2de0be.jpg (18KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
141e6a456d2de0be.jpg
18KB, 640x362px
>it's an Amuro explains the amazing features of the G-Armor episode
>>
>It's not anime
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.