[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam IBO / Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans / Gundam Tekketsu /

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 51

File: you fucked up again.jpg (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you fucked up again.jpg
185KB, 1280x720px
>Kudelia tries to play "The Great Strategist"
>she fucks up anyway

Wow, she might as well go back to calling herself useless.
>>
File: 17181928287.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
17181928287.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>13990004
That’s what she gets for trusting fucking McGillis, same goes for Gaelio the real martyr in all this shit, high chances McGillis will get him killed next week
>>
>>13990047
Maybe the one who betrayed them is the bald man. We don't know, right?
>>
>>13990047

People have been predicting Gaelio's death in the next episode as both inevitable and obvious with the last couple of episodes.
>>
>>13990004
Anyone else hating the protags more than the supposed antagonists? I didn't want carta to die ffs
>>
>>13990004
>Wow, she might as well go back to calling herself useless.

Princess SUGOI has been useless since the first episode. Nothing has changed. Nothing at all.
Fuck Okada.
>>
Kudelia is amazing.
>>
>>13990065
Everyone, anon.
>>
>>13990065
its like TRY all over again
>>
>>13990112
Yeah, except that people actually die now.
>>
File: boorbotos.jpg (82KB, 464x315px) Image search: [Google]
boorbotos.jpg
82KB, 464x315px
hai guys do you like boorbotos? i like it strong as gundam yea
>>
File: Gali-Gali.png (497KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gali-Gali.png
497KB, 1280x720px
>>13990065
Fuck Orga, Mika and Tekkadan's little shits
I'm rooting for based Gaelio and Graze Ein
>>
>>13990004
>she might as well go back to calling herself useless.
Oh, don't worry. I'm sure she will a few more times before this ends.

>>13990065
Yes. I'm really looking forward to Ein going nuts on them.
>>
>>13990142
I really hope he doesn't job like everyone else tho and actually managed to kill a few of them
>>
Based Gali-Gali has to survive.

;________;
>>
>>13990149
We know they're cashing in those death flags they've been raising all season, we're gonna be 00 all over again and it will be glorious.
>>
>>13990137
>>13990154
If I'm going to be honest he's not really that great a character but everyone else with significant screentime is just so unlikable or barely there that Gaelio is the only one I feel like rooting for
>>
>>13990004
>Anybody else think that if episodes 10-20 were paced like this, IBO would have been pretty good?

I can't put my finger on why I am so disappointed with it now. It's just that the pacing has been really mediocre I Guess.
>>
>>13990067

At least she's -kind of- stopped whining about not being able to do anything all the time.

But watch people continue to call her "amazing" when she's done literally nothing but just happen to be in the right place at the right time through sheer contrived coincidence.
>>
>>13990149
Who's left to kill? Can't kill Guts, Orga and Mika are the MCs. The only character Ein COULD kill is already dead.
>>
>>13990184

Oh, I can agree. The whole show ground to a near standstill as soon as they left Mars and hasn't quite picked itself back up yet. The majority of the middle part of the series just feels like filler and there's barely any plot movement or character development until someone's long-lost brother just so happens to appear wherever they are. Even when they get to Earth it feels like they're just kind of meandering about.
>>
>>13990191
The last straw for me was when she alone somehow survived that crowd getting blasted apart by Gjallarhorn, just in time for the camera crew to catch her cradling that dying woman.

If every single other person was in various pieces or shredded by shrapnel, how come she alone wasn't? Her magical 'MAIDEN OF THE REVOLUTION' powers just protected her or something?
>>
>>13990004
>Kudelia acting like she dropped into IBO out of a completely different series right out of homeschooling.

What else is new and unexpected?
>>
>>13990004
To be fair, it was a solid plan.

McGillis just fucked it up for his keikaku.
>>
I've only recently started watching this with /m/, am I the only one who felt like they indicated this was a part of a G Gundam's timeline?

Machines integrated with flesh reacting to the pilot's fighting instincts, several dozen gundams, duels and capes being fashionable at one point, just make me feel like they were alluding to it.
>>
>>13990196
Maybe Shino?
>>
>>13990201

I'd be less mad about that whole thing if she was at least grazed a bit or maybe a little dirty from the dust and shit, but no. She didn't have a scratch on her. My suspension of disbelief went right out the window then.
>>
File: 17181917819.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
17181917819.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
>>13990196
No one super important, maybe some of the nameless Tekkadan members, Shino or the Turbines girls, he is already taking a bite at one of the Rouei in the preview
>>
>>13990196
TBF they could kill Orga and give Mika character development.

They could kill Utena.

They could kill members of the harem.

Totally not Nina Purpleton's been raising some flags here or there.

The shotas have just been asking to die.
>>
>>13990112
Eh, not really. Both sides have their own shit that make them sympathetic in their own ways. Carta's death is due to her misguided sense of chivalry and honour in what is essentially a corrupted organization. Mika being an edgy little shit is due to him living a life where you can't afford shit like honour. If anything, this seems to be setting up how Tekkadan is on a self-destructive path unlike Try where the MC never gets any drawback.
>>
You know what? I think i enjoyed this episode.

>McGillis being a huge Char
>Carta's death has more impact that biscuits (thanks to Gaelio), don't know why she put up that much of a fight though.
>Even in death I still want to kill kids
>Merribet trying to call out Tekkadan on their bullshit completely unsuccessfully.

It's pretty shallow, but I actually felt for Gaelio. He's just a tool but we get to see things from the tools perspective.
>>
>>13990254
>The shotas have just been asking to die.

They will die, remember they'll be sent to combat with those non alayawhatever mobile worker craps.
>>
>>13990196

Lafter or Azee, they have about as much personality as the others.
>>
>>13990253
>>13990254
Naze's crew definitely seem likely. They're practically the second coming of the Shrike Team.
>>
>>13990280

> don't know why she put up that much of a fight though

She wanted to regain herself and her family's honor, she wanted to live up to McGillis apparent image of her, she wanted to earn her own place. She tried to run away mid-fight if I recall and eventually dropped her pride to beg the world, or McGillis specifically for help since she knew she was out of her depth. It didn't help. We're almost certainly supposed to feel bad for her, which is why she's set up as both likable and vaguely sympathetic. And why Mika and Tekkadan's actions are painted as pretty horrible, especially through Merribit.
>>
>>13990196

Ein is destined to go after Shino for using his mentor's Graze
>>
>>13990067
My gripe with her is she keeps getting all these praises and immense amount of focus in direction and theatrics on her incredibly mundane and simple opinions and actions. Also her character hasnt evolved much since she was introduced.

It's really grating at times how much everyone is sucking on her clit.
>>
>>13990297
Should've reworded that, sure she has many reasons to fight, frankly fighting to survive is good enough. I didn't expect her to put up that much of a fight, that's what i meant. She seemed incompetent in battle (has a way with discipline i'll give her that) so i would've expected 30 seconds out of her, tops.
>>
>>13990315

>oppression is bad, guys
>guys we should stop oppression
>"SHE'S SO AMAZING."
>I can't do anything. I'm so useless.

Repeat every episode.
>>
File: 1456389809085.jpg (25KB, 934x284px) Image search: [Google]
1456389809085.jpg
25KB, 934x284px
>>13990325
>>
ALL FOR REVENGE

NO GREATER GOOD, NO JUST CAUSE

>WOOOOOAAAAHHHHHHHHH

KIDS THAT KILL, WOULD YOU SCOLD THEM FOR ME
>>
>>13990315
this

im enjoying IBO but fuck kudellia
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
I told you guys space rats were total scum and this episode confirms in.
>>
>>13990360

Should have been the human debris and not Akihiro
>>
>>13990343
>Orga, I'm already a demon

I am kinda enjoying Tekkadan's no-nonsense 'get in our way and we'll kill you' attitude.
They didn't get any honour from Gjallarhorn back on Mars, or in space, or at Dort so why should they show any now?
>>
>he may be a fareed by name but...
CONFIRMED FOR KUDELIA'S LONG LOST BROTHER
OKADA CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>13990206
Agreed.
At this point people are just dogpiling on Kudelia for the hell of it.

But in a way McGillis fucked up too. He's basically the only one involved in her plan that could have leaked their position. (And for what? To get Carta killed off? Why? How was she in his way? Was it just a fuck-you to his old man?)

So they now know that he's playing everyone.
>>
>>13990434
>>13990343
It's called an 'ahab reactor.' That's been forshadowed for forever
>>
>>13990447
Revengeance is my guilty pleasure dorama angle, shut up.
>>
>>13990440

Kudelia hasn't mentioned a long lost brother yet (though she may in the next episode) and her given name isn't Montag - so I doubt it.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>13990477
oh shit Ein is a robot
>>
>>13990477
Is this how Cybertronians got started?
>>
>>13990477

Holy hell
>>
File: QZCYQ.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
QZCYQ.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>13990477
>The final form gets a Obari robot face
>>
I don't really like the villains either, they're like walking anime stereotypes waiting to get pulverized.

It's still the one, single saving grace of this series left for me; Mika actively subverting every one of these walking archetypes (shooting someone mid massive death speech, giving Gaelio basically a big fat "I don't care" over yet another of his pride speeches, attacking immediately instead of in 30 minutes etc.)

Don't get me wrong I'm not all that fond of the protags either, but it's at least somewhat satisfying you know?

I don't really get how people can get on Kudelia's case for being a monotonous character (and don't get me wrong she is) but not do the same for Gaelio droning on and on and on about his pride his duty his cyborg boyfriend and how amazing his own pride is and blah blah blah its just gone on for over half the series now. I'm kind of waiting for the bastard to die now.
>>
>>13990477
Is this the first time we've had an insane amount of Trans-humanism in Gundam?
>>
>>13990477
Setsuna must be jealous
>>
>>13990532

Well Trans-humanism's been a prevalent theme since the originals (cyber newtypes being one example, you could even maybe argue the attempt to "weaponize" newtypes) but as far as full blown cyborgs go? I'm sure it must have happened before but I can't really think of one to this more literal extent.

I'm sure I'm missing something though.
>>
>>13990580

The bio-computer of F91 and the Zero System of Wing do roughly the same thing. Just without the needed cyborg enhancement. But that's mostly because he's injured, not actually necessary. I don't think Gundam has had any full on cyborgs till now though.
>>
I actually like Ein now
>>
>>13990591
What's left of him you mean.
>>
Was I the only one who actually enjoyed this episode? There's a lot to dislike about IBO seeing the MC inflict a massive, one-sided vengeful defeat on some second-tier villains is always satisfying, and I think the beatdown episode was timed/plotted out pretty well here.
>>
File: Gali-Gali has pride too.png (638KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gali-Gali has pride too.png
638KB, 1280x720px
>Gali-Gali is Suffering
he better survive this show.
>>
>>13990586
We have the Living Dead Brigade
>>13990606
Nah, this one was better than last week. the only highlight from that one was "Orga where should I be autistic? Who should I sperg on?"

Whereas this one was pretty solid, decent pacing, some Char being Char and Mika just styling on lady Carta which he should've done 2 episodes ago.
>>
>>13990519
>Don't get me wrong I'm not all that fond of the protags either, but it's at least somewhat satisfying you know?
Not really. Problem with this is that Mika isn't much of a character so it doesn't matter how many "subversions" they are in his actions they're not really backed by anything meaningful since the execution is piss poor.

>but not do the same for Gaelio
Well people just don't like it so it doesn't matter what she does she'll always be criticized.
>>
>>13990221
This is a new timeline not connected to any of the past series.
>>
So from what i gathered from the episode is, no one knew Carta was the one that killed biscuit, so biscuit is now avenged. Now they'll will continue to charge along killing bunch of people that are not even remotely related to biscuits death scream about revenge as Tekkadan does it...
>>
>I thought a protagonist like Mika would be cool
>I thought killing enemies while ignoring their final speeches would be cool
>he just comes of as edgy and simultaneously bland
Well, at least I learned something.
>>
>>13990221
IBO is part of a new timeline that has nothing to do with the previous timelines.

I wonder if this series is getting a second season.From the way the story seems to be headed it seems like everyone except Atra,Merribit,Kudelia,the mechanic and a few of the kids from Tekkadan will die.
>>
>>13990606

The dislike isn't that it happened, the dislike is that it disgraced Kudelia's cause.

She just bore witness to him being the most cruel he's ever been and even Merribit tried to remind everyone it isn't what Biscuit would have wanted.

Fuck their petty vengeance for Biscuit, it taints everyone's view of Mikzuki. He just comes off as a blatant psychopath in this episode only barely leashed by Orga's say-so.
>>
>>13990620

Oh no I totally agree Mika's basically...a walking plot gimmick at this point.

But those moments are still a guilty pleasure, as empty as they are.
>>
>>13990047
Is it just me that I am much more invested in Gaelio's story than Tekkadan kids turning edgy for muh revenge ?
>>
>>13990648
I think most viewers are rooting for galigali. He's actually has a character
>>
>>13990648
I feel sorry the most for Gaelio.
>>
File: 55296659_p0.jpg (168KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
55296659_p0.jpg
168KB, 600x600px
>big battle next episode
>bunch of kids in paper thin tanks
>Ein is on the loose
next episode will be Ein's happiest day of his life. and gali-gali will lose another close buddy
>>
>>13990665
Knowing Ein's luck, it would be his worst day even if he kills a lot of them.
>>
>>13990297
>We're almost certainly supposed to feel bad for her, which is why she's set up as both likable and vaguely sympathetic. And why Mika and Tekkadan's actions are painted as pretty horrible, especially through Merribit.
Nah she's just a dumbass in the same vain of Jerid, there really is no rhyme or reason to her actions and just feels like unnecessary filler. The Tekkadan are just doing what they've always done and its not really painted any differently, tge problem is just that the show is sending mixed singles to its underdeveloped cast and its really too late to play the sympathy card at this point in the story. In 00 there was really nothing that made CB anything more than terrorists and towards the end of the first season you saw the repercussions of their actions resulted in innocent lives getting killed and you generally understood why Graham, Sergei, Soma, Katy, and Saju wanted them gone however in IBO the antagonist are just rich assholes who sees their mission as another job than anything personal with the exception of Ein but even then his predicament is his own damn fault and the Tekkadan don't even acknowledge his existence and the ones that come off as "sympathetic" are just really dumb.
>>
>>13990627

> no-one knew Carta was the one that killed Biscuit

Mika did. Probably everyone else too the way they act when Merribit tries to get them to stop looking.
>>
>>13990673
>tge
*the
>>
I'd be more invested in Gaelio if his blasted story wasn't being stretched and prolonged like all hell.

Watch just like Biscuit they're gonna finally start going somewhere sort of interesting with him but then kill him before anything of substance happens.

I mean fuck, at least Gharma had the decency to die relatively fast.
>>
>>13990662
it was heart breaking watching him cry.
>>
>>13990673

> it's not really painted any differently

All of Tekkadan's allies bar Makanai acted like Mika's attack was shit, several members of Tekkadan did too and the whole thing was focusing on how bad the results were with shots of graphic, blood spattered cockpits. There's a world of difference between that and how Mika's fights and everyone's reaction to them usually goes.
>>
>>13990648

Gaelio is the only character in this series who feels like he's been getting development that isn't a bunch of contrived coincidences stacked on top of each other. He's a somewhat naive, sheltered aristocrat whose entire worldview has been continuously shaken up ever since these Tekkadan kids entered his life. You actually kind of care about what kind of person he's going to be in the end, since he's so desperately trying to hang on to the values he's believed in all his life as they're constantly being stepped on or otherwise proven to be lies.

Meanwhile we get to hear everyone say Kudelia is "so amazing" despite the fact that she's done almost nothing on her own the entire series while Orga keeps brooding about being a shit leader (while doing nothing to fix that) and Mika continues to not have a character.
>>
>>13990686
>All of Tekkadan's allies bar Makanai acted like Mika's attack was shit, several members of Tekkadan did too and the whole thing was focusing on how bad the results were with shots of graphic, blood spattered cockpits.
Except that's no different from how they usually do shit so those reactions make no fucking sense in the compounds of what has transpired in the series at this point.
>>
>>13990648

It's because Gaelio has the most to lose on the antagonists side of things that we root for him, he's very sympathetic because of all the relationships he has on his side.

McGillis manipulating him without him ever knowing, Ein being recreated into an inhuman "more machine now than man", losing one of the first friends he ever had and having to pretend to be someone else in her dying breaths and seeing how McGillis is going to be marrying his little sister who is so earnest about him.

It's genuinely crushing to watch his scenes now, you can't help but root for him.
>>
>>13990693
>He's a somewhat naive, sheltered aristocrat whose entire worldview has been continuously shaken up ever since these Tekkadan kids entered his life.
So he's another dumbass.
>>
>>13990693
You described ein mostly Gaelio exists to be bumped around and be sad. Being sad isn't development. Nothing you described makes sense he didn't seem naive until he said some shit about eating bread fast when he was a kid and he's never really shown any strong held values outside of 'I gotta help ein' (cause the plot demands I make chocolate look devious and self serving for putting Ein in there)
>>
>>13990698

Every one of those reactions I listed was different, bar the cockpit shots. And even then, the camera usually doesn't linger on them. Kudal's bisection was quick for one instance.
>>
Oh please all the villains in this are like stock Space-Samurai/Knights etc etc you see in all these space opera anime all the time, the sort of flash and pomp that actual warfare has proven the uselessness of. Its one of the things that perked my interest when this series first started, since Gundam series' especially as of late have been rife with this stuff begging to get its faces smashed in, I'm only disappointed its taken this long for them to finally be doing it more.

But I'm already reserved to more omgprincesskudelia for the remainder of this instead though.
>>
>bunch of kids in those cannon fodder tanks
so, Tamaki better not die but I suspect a bunch of kids will die next episode. and Merribet will be "I told you so"
>>
>>13990648
it's Garma all over again, minus the anal attack plus more suffering.
>>
File: nod away,wall.png (249KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nod away,wall.png
249KB, 1366x768px
>>13990004
wait what Carta died?

I though she passed out.
>>
>>13990065
>Didn't want Carta to die
>But she killed Biscuit over stupid shit
>The same stupid shit that she didn't wise up to, and which got her killed
War is a shitshow. Sometimes you get to do things honorably. Sometimes you have to do fucked up shit to survive. You have to weigh that against what opening the Pandora's box of dishonorable tactics will mean for you, your comrades, and humanity in the future.

That's why this show is so interesting.
>>
>>13990737
Nope, classic anime dead eyes

What makes it more interesting is that Mika and the orphans probably think she escaped and is still alive
>>
>>13990004
>suddenly back story

I just said to myself during the episode that she is going to die today.
Shows how much predictable IBO has became at this point.
>>
>>13990757
>classic anime dead eyes

I need to watch more anime to get this.
>>
>>13990737
Her eyes glazed over and she slumped open-eyed in her seat after giving 'last words' while Gaelio cried. It doesn't mean she for-sure died but until we see otherwise she seemed pretty freaking dead.
>>
>>13990297
>She tried to run away mid-fight if I recall
Dude, the episode aired less than 12 hours ago
>THIS IS HOW BLAND IBO IS
>>
>>13990761
Well I mean, exactly the same thing happened to Biscuit when he died. There's that purplish colour around them, and the highlights go all wibbly and then fade out. If she closed her eyes I'd be more convinced she passed out, but because it was exactly the same as in Biscuit's death (and Guts' brother's?) I'm pretty certain she's dead.
>>
File: 1457742199345.jpg (107KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1457742199345.jpg
107KB, 848x900px
>>13990004
First Sekkou Boys and now this.
What is happening this week ?Why main cast is turning into piece of shit?Is it "live a evil" week in Japan right now?(Active raid might have been spared but damm unit 8 has been disbanded)
>>
Why was Mcguilis so short as a kid?

And why does this prick have the most smug face?
>>
>>13990781
carta might be 5 years older than chocochar or galigali.
>>
>>13990778
>>13990778
The statue anime? What happened?
>>
I really don't understand all this pity and sympathy for Carta. She was a joke character, she wasn't relevant, all her characterization comes from lazy flashbacks and she died like a joke character.
And I don't even understand all the people trying to explain her soldier's attitude. Anyone with a bit of brain would realize their way to face danger makes no sense. Even if they never saw a real battle before.
Human have something called survival instinct for a reason.
>>
>>13990802
Isshi tries her best to get producers for the boys after realizing they are being taken as joke rather than a musical band ,including begging Kyaru's manager for help.When she contacts one of her collage seniors,Kyaru and her manager already arranged a big name guy for boys. Being unbeknownst to Isshi's presence,they shit on her despite her efforts so ,losing their status as likable characters .Isshi cannot take much and decides to quit.ffs even Saint George turned out to be an asshole. IT was so bad that even the AOTY ED felt unbearable
>>
>>13990778
>Active Raid
It's somewhat funny that you mention that, since ANN are giving it bad reviews so far.
>>
>>13990824
>lol waddafuq why is she challenging them 2 fair fight lmao dumb bitch id just fuckin noscope those fuckers lol i'm 15 years old
All I'm getting from this post
>>
>>13990824
>anyone with a bit of brain

shit, i thought Death Note-Code Geass posters went extinct in 2010
>>
>>13990761
You obviously do if you genuinely don't get that when the colour or "spark" fades from a character's eyes they're dead
>>
>>13990781
How have you come so far in life without knowing the simple fact that girls start growing earlier than boys which is why girls start having (relatively) complex social interactions a year or two before boys and why they're usually taller at young ages?
>>
File: 1426548101786.jpg (244KB, 1366x582px) Image search: [Google]
1426548101786.jpg
244KB, 1366x582px
>>13990843
Active Raid isn't really a stellar show.

The first half of every episode before they actually get to the action is usually dull as dishwater, with boring, inoffensive, static characters doing unfunny bits and reenacting a preschool version of Psycho Pass without the actual premise.
>>
What the flying fuck is McGills plan? Sure he wants to reform Gjallarhorn and all, but not much of what he's been doing seems to be actually advancing that goal.
>>
>>13990838
You're taking it way too seriously you autist. It's a comedy anime, they'll resolve it next week with some jokes
>>
>>13990864
Well..I do suffer from autism .__.
>>
>>13990838
Damn. I just looked up impressions after seeing this, didn't think I'd get Japanese Bullying here.
>>
>>13990862
Honestly I get the feeling that Chocolate Man's plan is not to reform Gjallhorn but to create chaos and watch the world burn.
>>
>>13990698
Dude, even his own crew was saying tha Mika was too fucking brutal
>>
>>13990862
McGillis is killing Seven Stars families children that he would the one to get leader's position in Gjallahorn.
>>
>>13990872
I AM SCARED OF THESE ORPHANS
>>
>>13990580
There was that CB techie in S1 who was more robt than human after a accident
>>
>>13990870
Now the biggest "what the fuck" this week was definitely
Oji-san to Marshmallow
what the fuck why would you make Mioko a cheating whore AND give Hige-san a family and blowing Wakabayshi-san out in the same fucking episode holy shit what were they thinking
>>
File: 1455494097117.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455494097117.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
>>13990862
He seems to want to actively piss in his father's cornflakes, that's what I gathered.

>Papa Fareed wants to get Henri Fleurs elected
>Choco arranges for another candidate to win instead

>Papa Fareed wants to gain influence by having Carta as a ward
>Choco has her killed

Now he just needs to ruin his marriage with Gaelio's sister and everything, that guy did to increase his influence has come undone.
>>
>>13990873
Only the Teiwaz gurls and Merribet realized that.Rest were too absorbed into revenge-gasm
>>
>>13990843
>ANN
Are you serious? What next, MAL?
>>
>>13990877
The orphans are in this position because of Chocolate Man's manipulation.

His endgame might be making Tekkedan into a threat so he can get Gjallhorn to reform and make himself into a hero by defeating them.
>>
>>13990886
Nope, Guts was one who said it was brutal right after he attacked the second one and Orga just sort of got creeped out again by the hyper violence
>>
>>13990861
>Active Raid in any way similar to Psycho-Pass
Christ you're retarded.
>>
>>13990874
But what is he actually going to do once he gets the leader's position? Does even even give a shit about deregulating half-metal? So far, I'm more convinced that he just wants to fuck everything up.
>>
>>13990886
Shino, Orga, Guts were also disturbed.
>>
>>13990861
>a preschool version of Psycho Pass without the actual premise.

Go watch Gits and read appleseed ,then we will talk.
>>
>>13990899
Same basic plot
>bored evil genius is supplying unstable individuals with the means to commit crimes
>Police Unit is becoming aware of this but is always several steps behind.

It just lacks anything that made Psycho Pass moderately interesting, like a premise.
>>
File: mcglis.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mcglis.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
You can actually pinpoint the exact moment when he gets NTR'd
>>
>>13990892
ding ding ding

we have a winner
>>
File: 1455075112130.png (416KB, 673x778px) Image search: [Google]
1455075112130.png
416KB, 673x778px
>>13990912

Calling out only to Choco man rather than Gali-Gali was the greatest part of the series

My boner is so erect
>>
>>13990881

Read the pixiv manga, it's translated on Danbooru. [/spoiler]That's just Hige-sans sister and niece.

Everything will be alright.[/spoiler]
>>
>>13990912
i think NTR is the wrong term for this scene.
>>
>>13990912
*cucked
>>
>>13990912
How is it NTR when Gaelio is gay?
>>
>>13990892
>His endgame might be making Tekkedan into a threat so he can get Gjallhorn to reform and make himself into a hero by defeating them.
So pretty much the same basic plot as Wing and 00?
>>
>>13990928
She had potential to be a comedic side character who would force smug McGillis to hide as part of comedy routine.
Too bad it's IBO we are talking about.
>>
>>13990912
Really? I just thought he felt bad for her because McGillis didn't come to save her like she wanted.
>>
>>13990004

>joke character was made sympathetic with back story out of no where
>RAISE YOUR DEATH FLAG
>Die horribly

And I thought they couldn't top"suddenly I remember my long lost brother moment he appears on screen" cliche.
>>
>>13990911
That was the basic plot of psycho-pass,but you forget its main themes and underlying implications
>>
>>13990945
Well in Wing the cast got screwed over by the colonies they were trying to protect,so it's not exactly the same thing.

Honestly I think that Chocolate Man is going to fulfill his plans and the second season will be about a reformed Tekkedan going to war with him.
>>
>>13990978
No, I didn't.
That's what I meant with the premise.
If you divorced any sense of mood, character and theme from Psycho-Pass and added power armor and cringeworthy comedy, you'd have something approaching Active Raid.

That's all I was getting at.
>>
>>13990911
unlike active raid Security Division had absolute authority in dealing with crimes .It's Akane who tried to do things different than mindlessly pulling the trigger.
>>
>>13990980
if there is a season 2 Gali-Gali should join tekkadan. Chocochar betrays Gali gets Ein killed, Mcgillis takes control of gjallihorn and makes it worse. Prefect reason for Gali to join
>>
>>13990980
Never said it was exactly the same, just on a very basic level it's similar
>>
>>13990861
>reenacting a preschool version of Psycho Pass without the actual premise.

Actually has a solid premise than Psycho Pass since it's Dai-guard X patlabor-lite
>>
>>13990987
That's the difference between a dystopia and a fluff setting.

In the beginning the whole thing with the red tape was kinda interesting, but I don't feel like it's actually being used for anything other than lip service because they almost always find a way to bend the rules in their favor seconds later.
>>
>>13990824
>She was a joke character, she wasn't relevant, all her characterization comes from lazy flashbacks and she died like a joke character.
The characters are so bad I guess people can only feel sympathetic for the blatantly pathetic ones
>>
>>13990911
>>bored evil genius is supplying unstable individuals with the means to commit crimes'

Did you even saw the latest episode?He isn't bored in anyway as his true motives have been revealed.

>>Police Unit is becoming aware of this but is always several steps behind.

Because their hands are tied than having to worry about Villain's next /lit/ rant about the system making the sphegetti out of arbitary numbers.
>>
>>13990992
That would be cool but I see Gali getting killed.If there is a second season it might take place a few years after season 1with a new cast.
>>
>>13991009
As you said,active raid is not dystopia

Secondly I don't see anything wrong with the loop hole exploits since they are no, were just an experiemental unit that has gained lots of infamy and bad press although they are the one who manage to save the day.Still didn't stopped their disband
>>
>>13991016
Shogo Makashima also wasn't bored and had a different motive.

They both just act that way, you huge autist.
>>
so we are getting aliska vajiyana Carta right?
>>
>>13991038
Sorry anon, eyebrowfu is ded
>>
Ein better kill those faggots Yamagi and Takaki
>>
>>13991034
No, he fucked around then started his plan to get Sybil system location and then Oats.

Mythos was aiming for Oat since the beginning.

Seriously you are one getting autistic over a pretensious as fuck show against a fun as fuck show.
>>
Has there been a pilot integration procedure as gruesome as this in Gundam?
>>
>>13991038

There's no evidence she died.
>>
File: 1414389412890.png (661KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414389412890.png
661KB, 1280x720px
>>13991046
People call it pretentious all the time, but it actually had intrinsically tied commentary on the state of the world. Every episode and villain exposed another big flaw with simulation as it's line is blurred with reality, again and again. Even after that it still continued to mock the problems with such a lawful, utilitarian setting. The script was downright fucking awful though, it spelled out everything the direction and plot set up subtly and made it come off as if it were trying to be smarter than it actually was even though it was just making it clear what the theming was to mouthbreathers who can't into visual mediums. Then S2 crapped all over the otherwise refreshing S1.
>>
>>13991073
S2 is Naruto-tier filler. It didn't really affect much. I would rather have the story end on S1 tho.
>>
>>13991073
>Then S2 crapped all over the otherwise refreshing S1.
>refreshing
Kek. Also S2 was the exact same formula as S1 with the only difference being that Urobuchi wasn't behind it so people didn't have to pretend to like it.
>>
File: Cdaid7lVAAAEnbg.jpg (90KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cdaid7lVAAAEnbg.jpg
90KB, 600x900px
>>13991028
Gali can't die he's the only character i actually care about. I'd be bumped if some other characters died but not care in the long run.
>>
someone has gone nuts
http://may.2chan.net/b/res/394532859.htm
>>
File: ubukatapizza.jpg (164KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
ubukatapizza.jpg
164KB, 612x612px
>>13991095
It was an anti-law crime drama anime in a dystopian cyberpunk setting tackling the flaws and dangers of artificial reality. If that isn't refreshing in a medium polluted with moeshit, ecchi, and high school whatever, then refreshing doesn't exist.

S2 was just edgy and retarded schlock in which everyone tossed around a bunch of idiot balls and acted like they were saying something meaningful when it makes zero fucking sense.
>I kill puppies! Yay!
>I was brought back to life by sewing a bunch of people's brains together, lel.
I usually don't even like Urobuchi's writing. In fact, as I said, he was very responsible for one of the show's biggest problems. S2 being a shitty formulaic knockoff doesn't make the original series any worse.
>>
>>13991073
>People call it pretentious all the time,

because of /lit/-faggotry .And the setting ,which wasn't that much original since it was like a cheap imitation of PKD's paranoia (they did referenced him,to their credit.)

>Every episode and villain exposed another big flaw with simulation as it's line is blurred with reality, again and again. Even after that it still continued to mock the problems with such a lawful, utilitarian setting.

So does a typical dystopian fiction.It came off flashy tryhard edgy shit most of the time than actual content.

>Then S2 crapped all over the otherwise refreshing S1.

No.S2 just exposed what psycho pass is if you remove the /lit/-fag charismatic villain with special powers
>>
>>13991138
>It was an anti-law crime drama anime in a dystopian cyberpunk setting tackling the flaws and dangers of artificial reality.

Dude it was serious version of Paranoia RPG
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Paranoia
>>
>>13991138
>a medium polluted with moeshit, ecchi, and high school
How to spot a newfag
>>
File: hsi.webm (233KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hsi.webm
233KB, 640x360px
I guess you could Carta is...

(•_•) /
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

No longer an Issue.
>>
>>13991067
>There's no evidence she died.
She is, however, almost certainly out of commission for the remainder of this show's planned episodes.
>>
>>13991128

What am I looking at?
>>
>>13991138
>If that isn't refreshing in a medium polluted with moeshit, ecchi, and high school whatever, then refreshing doesn't exist.

Actually good show.
>>
File: 1433777673672.jpg (11KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1433777673672.jpg
11KB, 852x480px
>>13991138
>It was an anti-law crime drama anime in a dystopian cyberpunk setting tackling the flaws and dangers of artificial reality.
Then you realize the entire government is controlled by brains in a jar and it just makes everything you just typed look incredibly pretentious.

>If that isn't refreshing in a medium polluted with moeshit, ecchi, and high school whatever, then refreshing doesn't exist.

It ain't refreshing you just have low ass standards and just continue to generalize when you realize that anime as a medium isn't as narrow as you thought it was.
>S2 was just edgy and retarded schlock in which everyone tossed around a bunch of idiot balls and acted like they were saying something meaningful when it makes zero fucking sense
Just like S1, this double standard is always so fucking hysterical. You're fine with something as dumb as brains in a jar but you draw the line with someone having nine brains. You're fine with a villian who beats you the narrative directly citing literature you read in high school but you hate a villian who represents society in itself judging the system that refuses to judge itself. In the end you're just looking for a check list anime without realizing you're praising and criticizing the same damn thing.
>>
>>13991067
There was no strict evidence Biscuit died until the next episode. He just breathed his last words and faded out...just like Carta did this week
>>
>>13991128
Got this gem from google translate

"You are Ain falling in love Shock
You may Shock you of coming down in the mistakes
I also useless now connect with hot cardiac mechanical
subordinates love is down is with a spear destination one
You will be slow beat of Shock Ain
You are Shock Your beating faster
wander asked Ain are trembling in my heart now anxiety
all necrotic flying only is the miserably
to protect the personal matter instruction
Ain took off
lost looking at the tomorrow
you do not want to see such as the forgotten face smile
is OmoneYoriyuki耶識best means"
>>
>>13991174
>. You're fine with something as dumb as brains in a jar but you draw the line with someone having nine brains. You're fine with a villian who beats you the narrative directly citing literature you read in high school but you hate a villian who represents society in itself judging the system that refuses to judge itself.

Psycho pass fandom in nutshell.
No wonder no words on the movie.
>>
>>13991180
And this

I want to charge OmoneYoriyuki耶識If we had been a half of Mars
CHA-LA HEAD CHA- LA
kappa to the adults as well as perhaps to operating
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA
viscera's early surgery because bit by bit die
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
cram mechanism is more of body empty
CHA-LA HEAD CHA- LA
OmoneYoriyuki耶識is to say that the best means with a smile Ultra Z
>>
>>13990665
>>13990672

Grave of the Orphans: an anime by Mari Okada, directed by Hayao Miyazaki
>>
>>13991204
Takahata directed Grave of the Fireflies
>>
File: death flag.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
death flag.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
God I can't wait for the final episode where all the orphans die en masse one right after another and Mika and Orga can't do anything about it

And then the girls will die too and aniki will be sad
>>
>>13991210
00 S1 ending confirmed?
Was Biscuit the Lockon of IBO?
>>
>>13991162
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
>>
>>13991210

They don't have the stones to do it.
>>
>>13991156
Urobuchi plays tabletop games,so it's not a farfetched idea that he might have been inspired by Paranoia
>>
>>13991148
>No.S2 just exposed what psycho pass is if you remove the /lit/-fag charismatic villain with special powers
I'm pretty sure it never went full retard with some pseudo-intellectual massacre because some old dude hopped up on drugs engineered a tasteless fanservice scene. Nor did it rely on an edgelord with mommy issues and a psycho-pass of 700 or something as if that wouldn't be immediately shot and an impossible frankenstein brain to drive the plot.

>>13991156
>Dude it was serious version of Paranoia RPG
It did do an alright job of it with that in mind. I'm not saying a computer made of brains isn't wacky, but that wasn't the entire series.

>>13991160
Yes anon, I'm sure that when half of everything that gets produced is based on repetitive concepts, half of everything that gets produced isn't based on repetitive concepts. You truly are wise indeed.

>>13991174
Seperate brains in jars interacting isn't a bunch of brains sewn together. That is downright impossible. At least brains could theoretically continue to operate on life support with sufficient technology. A walking individual made by sewing together a bunch of children on the other hand, isn't so.
>You're fine with a villian who beats you the narrative directly citing literature you read in high school
I actually said the opposite of that, in fact.
>The script was downright fucking awful though, it spelled out everything the direction and plot set up subtly and made it come off as if it were trying to be smarter than it actually was even though it was just making it clear what the theming was to mouthbreathers who can't into visual mediums.

>>13991191
It's also within the realm of possibility that one hasn't seen the film. Low expectations anyways.

To clarify, the argument is that it isn't nearly as pretentious as people make it out to be and unique for an anime. Not that it's a phenomenal series or unique for dystopian literature.
>>
>>13991222
Preview images have Robo-Ein about to land on a Rouhei.

I'm calling it now: Ein, fucks up the kids, fucks up Norba {but is not kill}, cripples Arcee, and dies trying to kill Lafter & Akihiro. Lafter dies and Akihiro never lives down the shame.
>>
>>13991214
The way they put up, front and center, a bunch of mobile armors that have no Ahab reactors, and are going to crew them with 'the little kids'. And Merrybit begging Orga not to put said kids in danger like that. And then the whole thing with Biscuit saying they'd 'all go home together' and Orga seeming to smirk, as if he's accepting that 'going home together' means everyone dying. And then Orga talking about 'nowhere to go back to, but a destination to move forward to'.

It's pretty blatantly Okada beating us over the head with death flags.
>>
File: 1431910349113.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1431910349113.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>13991241
>Talking brains in a jar is plausible
>Brains sewed together is just stupid
>>
>>13991249
Like I said in /a/ Okada is far to restrained in IBO and is not the driving creative force of the show. Compared to usual dramas she has little control here. Anime is a collaborative effort after all
>>
Well...the ground form of Gaelio's Gundam was kinda cool, at least.
>>
Why Garma is such a cuck ?
>>
File: 004Ph005.jpg (256KB, 633x800px) Image search: [Google]
004Ph005.jpg
256KB, 633x800px
>>13991272
The trooper is one of those designs that's much better looking in motion. Although, honestly, I think the shoulders are still pretty shit. They're just so plain.
>>
>>13991241
>but that wasn't the entire series.
But it was the whole series was about- bio-mechanical AI monitoring your shirt , monitoring your pants.

>It's also within the realm of possibility that one hasn't seen the film. Low expectations anyways.

>I'm pretty sure it never went full retard with some pseudo-intellectual massacre because some old dude hopped up on drugs engineered a tasteless fanservice scene. Nor did it rely on an edgelord with mommy issues and a psycho-pass of 700 or something as if that wouldn't be immediately shot and an impossible frankenstein brain to drive the plot.

Just like there were no school girl serial killer and man hunter in s1, right?

>It's also within the realm of possibility that one hasn't seen the film. Low expectations anyways

After months it has been subbed and despite written by Urobuchi ?Looks like the hype has gone and now only crickets,just like any hype of the season anime years later.

>the argument is that it isn't nearly as pretentious as people make it out to be and unique for an anime

It is when it comes to showing it's idea plus how it's fandom acts as if it was a unique since it was their 1st time (just like Code Geass fandom)
>>
>>13991261
Something hypothetically being within the realm of possibility regardless of the insanity of it is in fact much less stupid than a walking matured corpse made out of 184 small children, especially when it has a more rational explanation than the latter. It doesn't get much more asinine than someone getting turned into a "ghost" or whatever because they're partially made out of 184 people or something. If Masaoka gets a robot arm, whatever's going on with Kamui makes no sense within the realm of the setting as well, especially if he apparently sustained few enough injuries to mysteriously be the sole-survivor of a plane crash.
>>
>>13991262
It doesn't help that no English website is currently listing any writers other than Okada herself, so at first glance people don't know who wrote which episodes.
>>
>>13991191
I liked the movie for the sheer fact that it was just a straight up dumb action piece that dropped the pretense of a serious cop drama, still has the same problems but its not selling me shit and calling it gold rather its straight up honest with its intention which is why the TV series should have been though I doubt it would have garnered the same amount of praise from /lit/fags.

>>13991241
>Seperate brains in jars interacting isn't a bunch of brains sewn together. That is downright impossible.
Point is they're both fucking stupid and clash with the tone the series had been running with, not like the setting itself isn't already dumb but to put on airs as if you're more than the sum of your parts comes off as pretentious.
>>
File: ArmoredCoreForAnswer-Redrum2.jpg (311KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ArmoredCoreForAnswer-Redrum2.jpg
311KB, 2560x1440px
>>13991284

Yeah I can see that. It's just cool though how it boosted around the snow with extended legs.

I like quad-leg types.
>>
>>13990928
>backwards thumb
>>
>>13991249
I'm hoping Merrybit leaves.
>>
File: 1418423656888.png (547KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1418423656888.png
547KB, 600x399px
>>13991287
>But it was the whole series was about- bio-mechanical AI monitoring your shirt , monitoring your pants.
That's mostly true, actually. I think it's execution of that part in particular was fine regarding the setting, at least until stupid brains happened.

>Just like there were no school girl serial killer and man hunter in s1, right?
One was a bored rich dude and the other was a nutty pretentious artist. Ignoring the fact that they at least had some sort of character, their actions killed people, not turned them into arms-flailing psychopaths after the person who took off their clothes and beat up a couple people for turning into arms-flailing psychopaths. When humans stop acting like rational human beings for no logical reason other than some random dude who met some boring motherfucker got them in a hostage situation, it reaches a point of absolute retarded, especially when this entire situation occurred because several people continued to act like total retards for no reason.

>It is when it comes to showing it's idea plus how it's fandom acts as if it was a unique since it was their 1st time (just like Code Geass fandom)
This is also true, and something I addressed.
>The script was downright fucking awful though, it spelled out everything the direction and plot set up subtly and made it come off as if it were trying to be smarter than it actually was even though it was just making it clear what the theming was to mouthbreathers who can't into visual mediums.
I'd call the script pretentious, but not so much for the rest of the series.
>>
File: max edge.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
max edge.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Mika's full sadistic mode doesn't even come close to Aila's

okada please do something like this
>>
>>13991246

Previews also said the episode entitled 'Funeral' would actually be costly for Tekkadan, and not a near one-sided curbstomp in which a few faceless nobodies died at best.

The only reason Biscuit died was that he had death flags reaching all the way to Mars, and even that could have been avoided if the plot didn't make him pilot.
>>
File: 5ML7OzQ.png (230KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
5ML7OzQ.png
230KB, 450x338px
>>13991329
>man check out these toys, so brutal
>>
>>13991348
They're all toys you fucktard
>>
File: 1412019855249.gif (89KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1412019855249.gif
89KB, 256x256px
>>13991356
>man check out these toys, so brutal
>>
>>13991362
Never fucking post in my thread again you dumb piece of shit /v/tard i'll find you and murder your entire family you piece of shit
>>
>>13991348
>>13991362
You understood the intent. Why be a pedant?
>>
File: Norman_Bernstein.png (121KB, 360x600px) Image search: [Google]
Norman_Bernstein.png
121KB, 360x600px
>Preview shows Mika saying that anyone who gets in the way of Tekkadan is the enemy
>Preview ends with Kudelia clutching her chest

ARE WE READY FOR KUDELIA TO TURN ON THE ORPHANS AND RETURN TO THE SIDE OF HER OLDER BROTHER MCGILLIS

MCGILLIS WAS ADOPTED INTO HIS FAMILY. HE WAS A MARTIAN LIKE KUDELIA. THIS IS SEEN IN THE FLASHBACK THIS EPISODE. PLUS MCGILLIS LOOKS A LOT LIKE KUDELIA'S FATHER
>>
>>13991372
>What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>>13991375
I actually didn't until the second post, but I felt like shitposting anyways just to keep up the pace. Anyways, in-universe, the mobile suits aren't toys in IBO the way they are in BF. No one's getting hurt.
>>
File: stomp stomp.webm (392KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
stomp stomp.webm
392KB, 640x360px
Mika should have given it a couple more stomps
>>
File: literally a titan.webm (388KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
literally a titan.webm
388KB, 640x360px
>>13991410
The little plop sfx made me laugh though

kudos to the sound department for adding that in
>>
At this point i don't give a crap about those tekkadan shitters.
>>
File: gotta go fast.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>13991423
So far I like this thing in action.

I'm a sucker for unconventional things
>>
File: wssyd.webm (180KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wssyd.webm
180KB, 640x360px
>>13991439
>when she sees your dick
>>
>>13991375

Aila knew there was no pilot so there was no harm in what she was doing.
>>
>>13991431
>What those children desire is mere destruction.
>>
File: crazy as fuck sociopath.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crazy as fuck sociopath.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
Hard to root for this guy if i'm being honest
>>
>>13991439
So, apparently, this motherfucker has mines in his rear skirt. That'll fuck up most of the Tekkadan boys real good. Especially "oh, fuck, that's our trap" Norba.

Also, how do the cannons work? Like, they're on an angle, so do do you aim properly? and why is the tip of the lance blunt?
>>
>>13991516

The "cannons" are thrusters. They're in use in the webm.
>>
>>13991452
But the Fenice was Fellini's tamashi of the soul
>>
File: IMG_44681.jpg (163KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_44681.jpg
163KB, 560x840px
>>13991522
There are four nozles. The two side ones are thrusters, the two at the front are firing bullets.
>>
>>13991439

It's like they knew it would not work running like a horse because of the knee joints being so close together so they turned it into a hover craft.
>>
>>13991533

Maybe they angle up in that case?
>>
>>13991552
True, the barrels could move a bit to direct the shots.

Honestly though, I was hoping for it to be more like a shotgun. With all those mobile workers, a mist of giant fuck-off pellets would be incredibly useful.
>>
File: KimarisTrooperHG.jpg (235KB, 900x921px) Image search: [Google]
KimarisTrooperHG.jpg
235KB, 900x921px
>>13991533

>Gaelio is allowed to have a surprisingly badass Gundam upgrade

This thing shocked me with it's entrance as much as me actually feeling for him this week.
>>
>>13991388

It's already been mentioned McGillis is Iznario's bastard earlier in the show by the snobs at the ballroom dance for the Fareeds and Bauduins.
>>
I kinda like this despite people thinking this is crap, so I wondered were I could start watching gundam.
I watched G-gundam, and both season of build fighters, I also watched wing, but that was over 10 years ago when I was 9-8.
Are there other AU series that are good or should I was thinking to start with the first one and go with release order?
Also I liked all the gundam series that I watched untill now.
>>
>>13990477
The nose looks like a bit of debri unfortunately desu :(

Shame because I really wanted it to be so
>>
>>13991643
X is the closest in setting but not nearly in tone. 08th MS is always fun, the battles are similar to IBOs. I disliked GReco but enough people here liked it that you could at least try it.
>>
>>13991643
Watch gundam 00
>>
>>13991643
Start with 0079 so you can watch Zeta then kill yourself.
>>
>>13991673
>>13991689
>>13991696
X, 08th MS, Greco,00 and 0079/zeta are stand alone series, thanks for that.
How well does the original series hold up today?
I was thinking of just starting with the very first one and watch everything in release order.
>>
>>13991643
Dunno, I think you might have shit taste. Seasonal anime, SEED/Destiny, and TTGL sound more like your speed.
>>
>>13991715
I already tried getting into seed a long time ago, but it didn't really hold my atention.
I loved TTGL, Gaogaigar and new getter robo if you want to confirm that I have shit taste or not.
>>
>>13990673
>Nah she's just a dumbass in the same vain of Jerid, there really is no rhyme or reason to her actions and just feels like unnecessary filler.
Are you just not paying attention, or what? It was established in the first two episodes that jockeying for position is what everyone in Gjallarhorn is doing. Carta's family is already in trouble and she made shit worse by letting Tekkadan go twice, despite having backup both other times. So she's disgraced and has no support, this is her last chance before she starts seeing real repercussions.

>The Tekkadan are just doing what they've always done and its not really painted any differently
That's the point. They don't change their tactics whether they're facing ruthless, cutthroat pirates or "honorable" opponents.

OR

Uh, yeah, this was a huge change. Remember, they accepted the first duel because they were afraid of drawing Gjallarhorn's wrath. Now, they don't care. Bring it on.
>>
>>13991736
*attention
>>
>>13990974
But Anon Gjallarhorn on Earth are much more serious and well trained than the ones out in the boonies!
>They face a fucking joke/decoration unit headed by some useless cunt.

So serious. So much tension I almost didnt see Musashi dying coming from a mile away.
>>
File: gendum.jpg (38KB, 639x478px) Image search: [Google]
gendum.jpg
38KB, 639x478px
>>13991714
>How well does the original series hold up today?
It's actually arguably the best in the franchise. Also, 0079 and Zeta are then followed by ZZ and Char's Counterattack..
>>
>>13991138
You've seen like 10 shows that arent Gundam, tops.
>>
>>13991745
Just start with 0079 and go release order. I hope that one day you'll be able to see that IBO is shit. Not absolute irredeemable garbage shit but if it didn't have the Gundam name it would have been forgotten by episode 12. And watch some things outside of Gundam. It isn't the be-all end-all /m/ series, it's babby's first mecha that happens to be pretty great at times. Expand your horizons and don't become another one of these mindless shitposters. Don't be afraid to criticize a show but don't shitpost about it. And understand the difference of opinion and fact. Many times opinions are stated here as facts and facts are disregarded as opinions. Good luck and please try to make this board better than it was without you on it.
>>
File: kimaris trooper.png (648KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kimaris trooper.png
648KB, 1280x720px
>didn't job
>actually had a cool entrance
>looks really fast.
>>
>>13991830
nigga was late
>>
Carta's naive as fuck lol.
>>
How will most people react at the events of this episode in a SRW game? I think most characters from other series would found this thing disturbing
>>
>>13991820
Thanks anon I am gonna do just that, also I am not the kind of guy to shit on a series, if I don't like it I don't bother with it.
>>
>>13991834
This was supposed to be a secret route, did McGillis told Gali of Carta plans?
>>
>>13991834
we didn't even know he was anywhere near where Carta was. and he got there in crazy record speed.
>>
>>13991836
Too pure for war.
>>
>>13991830
It's hard to job when aren't actually fighting.
>>
>>13991852
Even Tekkadan now knows that McGillis has betrayed them.
>>
>>13991167
Looks like they're making a bunch of /m/ OP's about Ein. One of 'em's Zeta's OP
>>
>>13991871
two side kicks to carta jobbed without fighting.
>>
>>13991845

It's not like anyone from Gundam has any right to, for one.

Lest we forget Amuro, who gladly gunned down fleeing enemies, among other things.
>>
>>13991845

I've got a pretty good feeling SRWverse is going to look at Mika as a sociopath. If they call kira out on his shit, no way he's getting a pass
>>
>>13991467
I find it to be the opposite
Then again I rooted for geist and ange so take that however you will
>>
>>13991845
Flit would be proud if Mika did that to Vegans, Kamille would approve. 0078 Amuro won't care, the only people who would give Mika shit would be Kira
>>
>>13990004

OK so this is the first series i've seen where I want the bad guys to win
>>
>>13991845
I'm just imagining the scenarios. Like, Shinn being horrified by this which leads to him calming the fuck down. Or Kio saving Carta and fighting Mika. BX called Flit a shitstain on the name of Gundam, so I doubt they'll just let this go.
>>
>>13991905
Flit did nothing wrong he built the first Gundam, Bright is a faggot who doesn't know nothing.
>>
>>13990648

That's because he's getting dicked over by McGillis in at least three different ways.
>>
>>13990912
I don't think you understood the context of that scene
>>
Tekkadan will be wiped clean at the end, but other groups who share the same ideal with rise. There will be a 2nd, 3rd, and more Mikas in the future.
Tekkadan's spirit will live on.
>>
Ein better kill Mika with a fish
>>
File: 1420803857224.gif (3MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1420803857224.gif
3MB, 350x262px
>>13991928

>Tekkadan disbands after completing it's first job due to Mikazuki making an enemy or corpse out of everyone
>>
>>13991928
As long as i get to see Mika eating Orga's organs in the last episode.
>>
>>13991928
>>13991955
Cornfied on Mars end incoming. Calling it now.
>>
>>13991896

You didn't feel this way with Gundam SEED?

Even if Rau was a genocidal madman who wanted to erase mankind from existence, the Cosmic Era was always fucked to begin with and everyone was bickering over how to treat their bodies rather than actually solve meaningful shit.
>>
You think Ein can survive disconnected from the MS?
>>
>>13991889
>If they call kira out on his shit, no way he's getting a pass

Saw this quote from Yaraon

キラヤマトと三日月どこで差が付いたのか慢心、環境、制作スタッフの違い・・・

> Kira Yamato and crescent conceited Where the difference is with the environment, the production staff the difference ...

Anyone have a better translation? Because it sounds like they're comparing Mika's actions to Kira's.
>>
>>13991968
I don't think he will survive after beating the shit out of Mika and Barbatos for 5 minutes. He is just a tool for prepare them for second season, just like 00.
>>
Maybe the twist is the souls of the the previous pilots of gundams exist inside the twin ahab reactor. Its gravitic field binds the conciousness using the AV system.
>>
>>13992011

The production staff and setting are different. No point in saying whos right or wrong in this since CE's tone and setting is Different from EC
>>
>>13991968
Considering Ein IS his MS, not without a great deal of life support, no.
>>
>>13991845

Given that Merribit, Carta, the Teiwaz girls, Shino and Akihiro all thought it was too much even in show (and probably Orga and Kudelia too) even without speaking of their enemies I think most other SRW people will probably call them out on it too.
>>
>>13992138
SRW people?

imma fag
>>
>>13992148
The people at Banpresto who make Super Robot Wars games. We're discussing a SRW Z situation, where they went out of their way to point out a bunch of things wrong with Kira Yamato and proceeded to fix the character. Considering in Japan there's discussion about how "evil" Mika is right now, it's not unlikely.
>>
>>13992173

They fixed Shin too, even the voice actor was pleased with this... Fukuda (or is wife?) was pised they've changed it.
>>
File: 1335666791270.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1335666791270.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>13990477
>>13990485
>>13990491
>>13990500
>>13990516
>>13990532
>>13990565

What is the feeling in my penis?
>>
>>13992260
I feel fixing Shinn was more a side effect than anything. Him not joining Durandal is optional, Kira smartening up isn't. It more a criticism of how Destiny romanticizes the character.
>>
>>13991845
Loran and Kira would do their battle surgeon tactics to cut off the Barbatos' limbs and then next mission you get the final upgraded one
>>
>>13991284

Yeah, that suit looks ace as fuck in motion. Maybe if it had the old Kimaris' shoulders instead.
>>
>>13990912
>tfw your waifu is Carta but you are not blonde.
>>
>>13990969
He did.

Remember that Gaelio actually didn't even want to be around Carta.
He says something to the extent of "I'll hunt them down. Even if it means getting involved with THAT woman." to Ein.

They're childhood friends and he cares for her, but she was probably a huge pain in the ass to deal with on any level.
>>
>>13990639
I thought that's the point. I got the impression that it's setting up for them being on the course for self-destruction.

Though I supposed I'm giving the writing too much credit.
>>
>>13991845

Depends, on one hand, Biscuit just got killed. To Kira, it's abhorrent but he wouldn't shed tears for an organization that is between Zanscare and Blue Cosmos in terms of cruelty and thinks that disabling Carta would only have her respond with unecessary punitive force. For of Gjallarhorn's talk of honor, it only suits them when it's convenient.

Kira's pacifism came during a time when it was badly needed, a time when the human race was well on the way to erradicating one another to the point naturals will turn their own people into expendable fodder and pump them full of combat drugs just to fight fairly.
>>
File: IMG_44893.jpg (187KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_44893.jpg
187KB, 560x840px
>>13992562

>Maybe if it had the old Kimaris' shoulders instead.
>>
>>13990969
>>13992763
He used to like her, and he went tsundere after she full Choco. In the same episode that he said that to Ein hes all forlorn when remembering the moment she fell for McGillis.
>>
>>13992993
Seems like Ein is going to die next episode
>>
>Mika in SRW
>Slaughters people like a mad dog
>Setsuna tells him he isn't Gundam and performs an armed intervention against Tekkadon
>Kamille yells at him for not channeling his rage correctly
>Shinn tells him that people like him stir the flames of war
>Heero tells him Kudelia's words are just ideals with no realism or thought put into them so he'll kill them

This show is ripe for SRW
>>
>>13993005
If the episodes summaries are true it does look like Ein's bad luck holds out. Only Mika can stop him and he's fighting someone else in the last episode. Gaelio will probably die to save him and join Carta in Chuuni heaven.

The New threat is probably Choco's mech.
>>
After all of this, I would not be surprised if Barbatos has some kind of machine spirit that keeps egging Mika on to keep killing everyone.

He learned its name when he plugged in, what's to say it's not telling him anything else?
>>
>>13991742
Nothing you wrote refuted anything I said dumbass. Carta was just dumb and her story was largely irrelevant to the compounds of the story.
>>
>>13993063
You said her actions didn't make sense, I showed how they did. You said Tekkadan hadn't changed, I explained how they had (but also why the ways they haven't changed are significant). Are you going to actually respond with something of substance, or are you just going to keep being a gigantic baby because people don't accept your baseless opinion?
>>
>>13993081
>You said her actions didn't make sense, I showed how they did
You didn't, you only proved why she was a dumbass and why it didn't make sense >You said Tekkadan hadn't changed, I explained how they had (but also why the ways they haven't changed are significant).
Wrong on both accounts fuckwit.

>substance
Coming from the person who's entire argument amounts to NO U this means nothing.
>>
File: image.png (196KB, 335x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
196KB, 335x600px
Now I know I'm arguing against "because it's cool", but I do have one question about Gaelio's new upgrade.

It obviously moves a lot faster when it's in that four legged thruster mode, so why even have the option of converting back to two legs? What do you gain in the two leg form that you don't have in the thruster mode?

The only logical things that come to mind are stability and conserving thruster fuel (is that even a thing?), but I would think four legs would be more stable if you were firing off a big cannon or something. Shouldn't the four legs be equipped with something that allows them to stabilize on the ground?
>>
>>13993100
Despite the fact that fuel for mobile suits hasnt been relevant for 20 episodes that's probably the reason it has a two legged mode.
>>
>>13993100

Because the suit was converted from the regular Kimaris.
>>
>>13993100
The two-legged form is more compact and thus more ideal for storing in a hangar.
>>
>>13993096
This is really shit-tier trolling. Don't you have anything better to do?
>>
>>13993017
> Kio tries to prevent Mika from killing Carta. If he succeeds in saving her, she unlocks as a playable character.

> Bellri mentions that people like Mika are why the Universal Century went to shit.

> Lacus throws her support behind Kudelia and Tekkadan, furthering the Archangel/Minerva conflict. Kira is uncomfortable with this alliance though and constantly gets into arguments with Mika.
>>
>>13993120
>t-t-t-t-trolling

This is a real shit tier rebuttal.
>>
File: 1450185370264.jpg (23KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450185370264.jpg
23KB, 637x480px
>>13993017
>Honestly thinking anything is going to change after Z2 proved that the writers are willing to justify the actions of terrorist because they're too lazy to make the "heroes" get called out for their shit like in Z1
>>
>>13993121
>Wufei is disgusted by them letting a woman lead them around
>Kira disables a mobile worker that Orga is in
>Mika tries to choke him out when they finally meet in person
>>
>>13993017
Shinn, Kamille,and Setsuna shouldn't even be talking they are way worst than Mika
>>
This would had been more fitting for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E90KSfwgNpc
>>
>>13990902
>disturbed
>damn mate, brutal
>well, who we're going to fight now?
you people are far too absorbed in your waifu's death if you actually believe that was "disturbed".
Seriously. Carta was a massive retard and was completely played by chocolate and everyone is blaming Tekkadan for not just letting her go everytime so she maybe could kill another one of them.
They didn't go out for revenge at her, she literally showed up in front of them and got herself killed, so you can't even say they're going in a insane spree or whatever.
>>
>>13993145

> Yazan, Ali and Gauron all compliment Mika for his ruthlessness. Mika shrugs it off but this worries everyone else.
> Bright tries to slap Orga, gets choked by Mika.
> Domon protects Carta because she requested a duel. Mika attempts to trash him.
>>
>>13993230
>meanwhile in the background, Loran Cehack is quietly using the Turn A to do everyone's laundry and helping Atra to cook dinner.
>>
>>13993028

Gaelio dying to save Ein would just put Ein even more over the edge. It's the penultimate episode, they want closure rather than something tragic.
>>
>>13993292
Just have Gaelio put down Ein, he's clearly disgusted by McGilles's lies, putting down Ein is giving Macky a giant middle finger for getting Carta killed
>>
I guess I'm in the minority in that I am still loving the direction this series has taken. I'm by no means an edgelord, but having a psychpath main character is fun for a change. It's so opposite of nearly every other Gundam protagonist.
>>
>>13990639
>He just comes off as a blatant psychopath in this episode only barely leashed by Orga's say-so.
That's been his character from the fucking start
>>
>>13994075
I'm with you that this is shaping up to be a very refreshing experience.

Tekkadan almost feels like it's slowly turning into a terrorist organization.
Like a few more encounters and they'll be something akin to Cobra.
>>
>>13993181

Merribit called it out, the two Teiwaz girls spoke against it (one in the middle of your quoted text even), both Shino and Akihino made disgusted faces (which is more important than what they said), the kids reaction of "we have to see this" was played as a bad thing and so on. The episode absolutely wants it viewed as a bad thing. Also, Carta a shit and I don't care that she died so I'm not saying it purely for that and you're a dong for insinuating it.
>>
>>13994274
>which is more important than what they said
>Using Show, don't tell as an argument fot IBO 'Amazing hime'.
>>
File: 1449187698387.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449187698387.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>13994274
Next week on IBO:
>Hey Mika, don't take this the wrong way, but could you like stay over there where everyone can see you?
>>
>>13994075
They have always been that way, other characters are just starting to realize that.
>>
>>13990861
>Active raid
It literally has nothing in common with Psycho Pass and you sound like you've seen less than five episodes of Active Raid to say the least.
>>
>>13990986
Which in effect makes it completely different and thus nullifying your own damn point, since Active Raid has a lot more influence from tokusatsu than anything else and it shows. That's why it is a lot more lighthearted and there are more silly antics than pretentious speeches and drama. They're not aiming to be the same thing, nor should they be approached in the same way.
>>
I forget if they're going to Edmonton or the water city.
>>
>>13993127
>You didn't
Explain. Carta's family honor is in danger + Carta is an inexperienced fighter with a delusional view of how war is fought = Carta takes stupid risks in a Hail Mary attempt to beat Tekkadan. What about this is difficult to understand? Do I need to use simpler words? Include diagrams? Give you an extra few minutes to grok it like they do with ADD kids and standardized tests?
>>
>>13994075
You've got agreement here. And it's not even that he's a pure psychopath. He's not in it for himself. He's not rendered dysfunctional by his behavior. He is simply very, very good at surviving battles and killing other men. This is what true soldiers are like. And it's terrifying, isn't it?
>>
>>13990004
Anybody else laugh through most of the episode?
>Robot Ein
>"How could they have found the train route that Teiwaz owns?!"
>Christmas cake won't shut up about muh children
>"Even though you're doing your job and also happen to be avenging your best friend, this is all wrong and you all have no place to return to!"
>MCGILLIS!!!!!!
It's finally crossed into "So bad that it's funny" territory, but I still pray to God that it doesn't get a second season. I can't sit through 24 more episodes of this garbage.
>>
>>13996537
The hatedom is really annoying.
>>
>>13991845
Ryouma will ask him why he's such a bitch and can't land a decisive killing blow.
>>
>>13993134
>>13993170
Wait, are we pretending the retarded black guy and the cake are right and that somehow killing a member of a corrupt military organization who's been hunting you down and killed your friend in cold blood is somehow wrong?
>But he was frowning and it was personal so it's wrong!
No one here seriously thinks that, right?
>>
>>13996812
The fandom is really retarded.
>>
File: 1455865387236.png (151KB, 449x442px)
1455865387236.png
151KB, 449x442px
>>13996909
Epic clapback bravo friend you sure showed me.
>>
>>13997288
>clapback
Go be retarded somewhere else.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.