[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how goes those Mechamon projects? I know of two seperate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 16

File: yctx5.png (28KB, 400x118px) Image search: [Google]
yctx5.png
28KB, 400x118px
So, how goes those Mechamon projects?
I know of two seperate anons having different builds
and Crashman and some other dude are making theirs.
How goes those devolopments? or have you given up once more? will GreatMazinger's curse ever be lifted?
>>
File: 00311_1.png (373KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
00311_1.png
373KB, 1024x512px
>>13968675
god knows what's happening

at this point there may very well be three mechamons in existence
>>
>>13968708
Is there a point in three of them, why don't they come together and make something bigger and more epic!
>>
>>13968708
>at this point there may very well be three mechamons in existence

I don't trust Crashman not to drag things out, and trying to organize outside help at this early point would probably just slow me down.

Demo SOON.™
>>
>>13968863
Don't you mean you don't trust Ultraxwing? cause CrashmanX and Ultra have been working together and that scares me. the Inability of Crashman and the retardedness of Ultra.
>>
File: wololo.jpg (18KB, 334x213px) Image search: [Google]
wololo.jpg
18KB, 334x213px
>>13968863
>>13968878
I feel the roughly the same way. I'd rather put out my own work and have it judged before I collaborate with another team

demo SOON.™
>>
>>13968753
Ego, mostly.
>>
File: Untitled.png (358KB, 465x479px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
358KB, 465x479px
Can someone crop these? it's a bitch to do.
>>
File: Untitled bacon.png (239KB, 297x471px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled bacon.png
239KB, 297x471px
>>13969482
If someone can, that'd be great.
>>
>>13969482
>>13969490
I don't recall any of the BrokenBlade Golems making it into SRW. wtf
>>
File: 1457398539032 copy.png (141KB, 465x479px) Image search: [Google]
1457398539032 copy.png
141KB, 465x479px
>>13969482
>>
File: 1457398663641 copy.png (91KB, 297x471px) Image search: [Google]
1457398663641 copy.png
91KB, 297x471px
>>13969490
>>
>>13969535
It's fan-made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdZ7IpqO7A
>>
>>13969535
Speaking of broken blade, what's going on with the manga? Is it on hiatus?
>>
I've been lurking around Mechamon threads when they pop up, and all the projects I see are way too ambitious.
They talk about changing the story, setting, character sprites, battle system, without taking into account how much time that's actually going to take.

Now I may be the minority, but I'd be perfectly fine with just pokemon with reskinned mecha sprites. I'd be totally fine with Moemon, but with mecha.
This romhack doesn't need to be as extravagant or excessive as some of the projects want to be.
>>
>>13970023

Yeah, nothing wrong with a simple " proof of concept" game to start things off.
>>
>>13970038
This entirely.
Get a sprite swap working and released, then move on to making your rival Char or inserting cringeworthy lore.
>>
>>13970023
A Japanese guy recently made a Touhoumon game from scratch entirely on his own, if I understand correctly. Not a ROM hack or RPG Maker game, a game he programmed himself. He did the graphics and music himself, too.

Or /vp/ is spreading some misinformation about the creation of that game.

My point is none of this a quite that ambitious. It'd still be difficult and time consuming, but it's certainly possible.
>>
>>13970059
I'm mainly referring to what I saw of UltraXWing's attempt.
It seemed that he basically wanted to rewrite the whole game to take place inside of a space colony and other shit that frankly would have only prolonged the release of the project.

I understand that romhacks are not rocket science, but I feel like the reason we haven't had an actual Mechamon game is because the people the take on the project have a much larger scope than is really necessary.
Producing something simple is better than never finishing something more complex.
>>
File: Halp.png (103KB, 515x412px) Image search: [Google]
Halp.png
103KB, 515x412px
>>13968753
Honestly, I could not tell you.

My associate and I are working on one using RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials.

We've got base mechanics done at this point and are working on things like the UI currently and Map layouts.

>>13968863
>I don't trust Crashman not to drag things out

Elaborate? I don't intentionally try to drag anything out. I usually want to get things done ASAP, but have things like work and IRL which get in the way of projects. As well as various other projects I work on.

>and trying to organize outside help at this early point would probably just slow me down.

That's fair enough. I think most can agree with that reasoning as well.

>>13968878
>the Inability of Crashman

Inability in what way?

>>13968928
>I'd rather put out my own work and have it judged before I collaborate with another team

Completely understandable.

>>13970023
>They talk about changing the story, setting, character sprites, battle system, without taking into account how much time that's actually going to take.

Personally right now we're just working on the Pokemon, Setting, UI, and story. We're not making any big changes to the battle system or anything crazy like that. Mainly just sprite swaps and things of that nature. Nothing crazy.
We are quite well aware of how long it will take, it's mainly the Pokemon swaps that take forever to do.

>>13970059
You are correct. I have said Touhoumon game. It's where I've been drawing a lot of inspiration. The dude did an insane job and it looks great.

>>13970081
>I understand that romhacks are not rocket science

ROM hacks aren't easy either. Anything more than a sprite change and it becomes hell to do.

>Producing something simple is better than never finishing something more complex.

Personally I feel the opposite. I'd rather have plans and detailed ideas for grandeur than release something so simple that anyone could do it. I'd rather get that dream completed, even if it took me 5 years to do it.
>>
>>13970081
I mean, i'd rather a truly original world and story rather than some poor reskin. I mean, i think a lot of people would rather prefer a game that had a lot of thought and effort put into. Something that was truly special, no, more than special. Something that only used Pokemon as basis, but did its own thing. It's not some G1 region, it's Mechamon with its own world, and special characters. I mean, i think a totally new experience is 300 times better than some re skinned poor man one.

Sometimes patience is better than instant gratification.
>>
>>13969868
>>13969877
I hate double posting like a retard
but i have to thank you for this, i don't have the proper tools for this level of cropping.
>>
Oh look, I come to drop off some sprites and what do I find in the catalog? A Mechamon thread? Oh man, here I was thinking it was gone forever.
Anyway, last I remember you guys needed trainer sprites, right? Want me to work on some?
>>
>>13974153
Actually was just talking about needing trainer sprites.

We're not 100% sure whom we want gym leader wise. But if you wanna make some Mechamon styled random trainers, like random grunts as trainers or styled like various mecha protagonists, that'd be awesome.

Also, somehow I've mis placed your previous set of Protagonist sprites, could you re-up those for me?
>>
File: Mechamon Example.png (97KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
Mechamon Example.png
97KB, 512x411px
Here's an example of some of the HUD and imported sprites.
>>
>>13974935
You know there's a setting section in the scripts (near the bottom) that lets you move the position of the battle sprites, right? You can have them on equal ground if you want. I think there's a way to have looping backgrounds in XP, so you could potentially do SRW style backgrounds. Not sure on the specifics of how that works, though.
>>
>>13974943
actually, we are working on that. This is just a major wip. we intend to have the Mechamon face off against each other. this makes it feel more SRW, and makes the need of "back sprites" highly unnecessary. and i didn't know you could make the background move. i'll inform Crashman, thanks!
>>
>>13974943
Working on moving the units to equal level with each other after the lower UI is redesigned.

As far as SRW backgrounds, that's in the plans but not sure how to do it myself yet. At worst we could do GIFs and have it reverse direction of said GIF for each turn.
>>
File: Halp.png (106KB, 514x411px) Image search: [Google]
Halp.png
106KB, 514x411px
Last one for the night. Re-designing the lower UI buttons.

Next up is the attack interface.
>>
File: pilot_m_ow_gen5.png (3KB, 96x128px) Image search: [Google]
pilot_m_ow_gen5.png
3KB, 96x128px
>>13974706
Alright.
I'm more used to making overworld sprites, but I can try to make battle screen versions too.
>>
File: pilot_f_ow_gen5.png (3KB, 96x128px) Image search: [Google]
pilot_f_ow_gen5.png
3KB, 96x128px
>>13975792
And acguy hat girl.
Hats are easy to edit, so if you feel like it's not a good design just give the word and I'll try to come up with something.
>>
>>13974706
Which generation's sprite style are you planning on using?
>>
>>13975977
No particular one generation of sprites we're looking to use. Right now however everything is a combination of Gen 5 and Gen 3.We'd prefer DS series if we can.
>>
>>13975792
>>13975794
Awesome, thank you. Do whatever you can/want to. Any help is appreciated.
>>
File: zeek.png (3KB, 96x128px) Image search: [Google]
zeek.png
3KB, 96x128px
>>13975977
>>13976153
For overworld sprites, I think we'll go with gen 5 for consistency. For the battle screen, anything goes.
>>
>>13977992
Looks great!

Nice work as always Bro.
>>
>>13978015
Well, I can't go around making half-assed looking sprites when you guys are doing all the hard work, can I?
What other grunts do you think would be good? I think I'll make a generic zentraendi guy next up, but after that I don't have many ideas. Like, who would be the best for each series and/or type? Technically, we can fill the entire trainer roster with generic gundam grunts, but...
>>
>>13978097
Xabungle and VOTOMs might not be bad ideas. As well as some Macross styled characters would be cool.
>>
>>13978186
What about iron masks from mazinger?
>>
>>13979827
Those would be good too. Any mooks and any "Totally not X character" designs are great.
>>
File: 1457399049100.png (610KB, 965x784px) Image search: [Google]
1457399049100.png
610KB, 965x784px
I still wanna tell you guys that it'd be awesome if we could equip pilots into the mechas instead of usual items.
>Char makes you begin the battle with speed raised by three levels for one round
>Shinji guarantees that you'll be able to escape from battles
>Kyoji grants you THE ABILITY TO SELF-RECOVER
In-universe they'd be just small in-scale dolls, I imagine.
>>
We doin it boi
>>
>>13979912
Honestly, I thought about something like that. Having pilot "dolls" or something you could give the units. However modified equip items are further down the line of progress, so we'll toss it into the "ideas" bin for now.

Course it'd also be kinda hard to balance some of that. Especially Char's, might just make it a quick claw and the unit can attack first..
>>
>>13968675
How in the hell will this work?
Wouldn't everyone just be steel type?
>>
File: pilot_gen5.png (5KB, 192x128px) Image search: [Google]
pilot_gen5.png
5KB, 192x128px
I gave the player character eyes. It's not very noticeable, but it's there is you think it's better. Funnily enough, due to the design, it's not easy to see on the female PC's sprite. Makes me think about trying alternative hat designs, but eh.
Oh, and since you don't always have a thread up, unlike the other RPG Maker project, how can I send you any sprites I make?
>>
>>13981207
You're an idiot. You haven't browed this board long. and it's not some shitty reskin.
>>
https://www.mediafire.com/?uq8bp1ekgthqp7n

Here you go, Crashman. It's most of the stuff I've done when working on my own version. It includes stuff like custom sprites, window skins, autistically named sound effect files, the pokemon and move data files, and a txt file containing the important custom stuff I put in the script sections. Feel free to use and not use and edit whatever you like.

By the way, are we gonna start using that forum again?
>>
>>13981207
Different types, obviously. Of course everything wouldn't be steel type. That'd be silly.

>>13981411
Awesome. To send sprites you make you can drop em off at the old forum. We'll probably begin using it again should we acquire more people to the team once again. However right now it's more or less a 2 man job. Not really sure how we'd share edited versions with more than two users. Outside of sprites of course.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Mechamon/index/

>>13983383
Awesome. I'll look into it in a bit. As far as the forum, like mentioned above, soon I suppose. Right now it's just been my associate and I communicating via Steam and uploading to a Google Drive to share files.
>>
>>13983383
>>13983800
I forgot to mention that I accidentally used the High Mobility Zaku II sprite for Zaku I in there. Don't let my mistake stay in the final product.

I'm not sure the Zaku I has ever even been in SRW.
>>
>>13981411
Also as far as the eyes go, personally I'm a fan of no-eyes but I'm sure there are those that do like the eyes. So I'll keep both around and try to incorporate the character customization system.
>>
>>13983383
>>13983901
How did you get your Pokemon.txt file to be that size? everytime i delete entries. a bunch of other files flip their shit. and i have to rename every replacement in the other TXT files in the other 9 txt files. I dont' want to have to keep opening all the files in notepad++ and do a total replacement, i'd rather it be a clean slate.
>>
>>13983901
Other question: How do you have your form triggers set up? Like what makes Getter change forms and what makes the Valk change forms?

Because I'm interested to hear your ideas based on what I see in the 000 Custom file.
>>
>>13973327
>Inability in what way?

You're inability to drop the worse human being on the planet. the inability to even finish a fucking translation. you didn't even do the fucking text in the actua battle. you can't even start what you finished. you picked this up in 2010, and look at you know. so desperate to get this project anywhere near playable, you'll take handouts from other anons, you'll take the help of one of the worse human beings to ever embrace /m/.
>>
>>13984035
You might need to blank out your encounters.txt and trainers.txt, since the default ones would be refering to pokemon species that are no longer defined.

>>13984165
The valkyrie scripts change their form at the start of a battle depending on the type of enviroment the battle is set to. It's a copy pasta of Burma's form stuff.

Getter is supposed to change forms with an item, though I may have accidentally left out the code for the item function itself. I'll have to check tomorrow morning.

>>13984340
Inorite?
>>
>>13984354
Yeah, i just wiped the encounters and trainers, i even wiped BTpokemon,fancycuppm,fancycupsingpm,littlecuppm,pikacuppm,pokecuppm,even shadowoves,and had to remove all instances of unused pokemon in the TMS. and now it loads everything just find.
>>
>>13984422
Forgot to mention, you can actual remove the instances of most TXT from the Trainerlist.txt just by making the txt files entries blank.

I can't thank you enough for these files btw. Especially the dialogue boxes. and some of the sounds. Can't thank you enough. do you have an alias? i'd like to put you in a credit list if at all possible.
This way me and crashman can give proper thanks in the future.
>>
>>13984340
He's proving to be more use than you.
As far as the translations go, I've yet to set out on a full on translation. If you'd like to do the translation itself I'd be more than glad to help you figure out how to import said text. But my Japanese ain't anywhere up to snuff to attempt an actual translation myself. Also the one game I did want to fully translate is now avaliable in English as LBX Little Battlers eXperience. So there's no need to bother with that anymore.

As far as time frame goes, yes this is what happens with small teams. Especially when motivation dies down.
Also I don't believe I ever worked on this back in 2010. Earliest I recall messing with Mechamon is 2012 or 2013.
>>
So, there will be a mechamon that can only be captured if you follow a series of insane and unthinkable actions and will cause your data to bug, right?
>>
>>13987135
Um... no
There are specific mechamon (in the planning) that may require a few steps in order to be made/caught/given. These will be special mechamon. Consider something like TTGL,
>>
Remember how I said I'd make zentraedi? Well, I was preparing to start, then I realized I couldn't remember what they looked like outside of having varied skin and hair colors. I'll probably use this image as reference, because pilot suits are easier to make, but that also means I don't have to do anything about the thing I remembered about them. Hah.
I'm thinking of making the sprites in the normal size because making them huge would mean a lot of time spent adjusting the sprite sheet later. However, that also means that they'd be much smaller than they should be, and that bothers me a little. I could scrap the idea of this sprite altogether and make something else, though. What do you guys think?
>>
>>13988249
It's all fine dude, after the events in the original Macross, most pure blooded Zentradi got "miclonized" so they shrank with other humans. Any half Zentradi/Quarter zentradi can't get big again. only pure blooded can do that. Making some green-ish skinned NPCs with varied hair colours. Zentradi in general are the only race in the Macross verse that gets away with strange coloured hair and odd features. So if you have a human sized Zentradi, it can easily be explained via a miclonization. so don't worry about the size so much.

Look at Klan Klan, when she's Zentradi size, she's a full grown adult, but due to a genetic glitch, when she shrinks down to a human, she's like a child. So, having a Zentradi human size is not a problem.
>>
>>13988557
Huh, I should finish Macross someday. I watched like half of it a few years ago, but stopped because I started watching other stuff.
>>
>>13988590
Well, if you have any questions about Macross, i'm your man. i am (sadly) a Macross buff. like a big one. and i suggest you finish it, it's a really good ride.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.