[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a mecha that has a function similar to CLOCK UP? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Is there a mecha that has a function similar to CLOCK UP?

I mean, Trans-Am sorta counts right?
>>
>>13962742
Gundam F91
>>
>>13962742

The typical speed-up aspect is certainly there and everywhere. Actually moving fast enough to exit a non-up'd person's perception of time is a bit too much, though. Most pilots also don't get the kind of "time perception" boost to their speed-ups in as would Kabuto Riders in clockup-time, whatever it is; I'm not intimately familiar with Kabuto's settings.

Bottom line is, I don't know of any mecha occupy the "physically move fast enough to make falling raindrops look non-moving" tier, they either just pile on the speed additively or skip that level and move to straight-out teleportation and quantum positioning prediction blahblah.

I suppose a few examples might exist with the Shura in SRW, but don't take my word for it.
>>
>>13962811
Clock Up is more like existing in a very fast dimension
>>
>>13962742
I recall Heroic Age doing something stupid with speed/time, but maybe that was time reversal
>>
>>13962838
I thought Clock Up and Hyper Clock Up were just varying degrees of 2fast4me.

Still, I can't recall any examples of mecha with their own personal speed dimension. I mean in 00 everyone gets Trans-Am but they're just fast, and not "I'll punch individual raindrops" fast that Kabuto gets.

>>13962889

Erymanthos repeatedly jumped back in time throughout different points in the timline of the "main" line to attempt to kill Bellcross.

At the end Erymanthos used the same ability to gather all the Bellcross from each and every possible outcome in the universe that the Argonaut crew "lost" the final battle or black hole loli went mad and doomed the universe, to do their gate thingamagig; I've already forgotten the exact details.
>>
>>13963057
Clock Up is near-light speed

Hyper Clock Up is time distortion as they can time travel with it.
>>
File: CONNECTIVE DIO.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CONNECTIVE DIO.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
>>13962742
Well, the most similar to Clock Up's brand of super speed is the system used by the Buddy Complex mecha.

Visually similar, and the system was about the pilots being able to perceive time in slow motion enough to keep up with their mecha's speed.
>>
>>13963057
>I thought Clock Up and Hyper Clock Up were just varying degrees of 2fast4me.

no, and apparently the writers forgot that too when Faiz Accel could keep up with him.

Kabuto doesn't move fast in clock up, he slows down time.
>>
>>13965252
Er my bad, keep with with TheBee I meant. But they use th same thing
>>
>>13965252
Moving at normal speed when time is slowed down and moving hyperfast at normal time kinda achieves the same end result, at least from an outside observer:

people are fucking motionblurring all over the place.
>>
>>13965321

The problem is the worms and riders in Kabuto aren't actually just moving in slowed time, they're kinda coexisting in a dimension where time just is slower.
>>
>>13965329
Why is that a problem? It's funtionally the same. From a real world perspective they're just moving hella fast and therefore other super speed implementations could fight against them if they can keep up. (Though stuff like Accel form shouldn't, but lolDecade)
>>
>>13965252
I loved that scene in decade.
>>
>>13965252
>>13966272

Decade still got his ass kicked because Accel has a time limit so I don't even know why it's an issue.

Still the best AU world, with Hibiki right behind it if only for crab battle.
>>
can Trial Accel keep up or is he just gonna get his ass kicked
>>
>>13966886
Logically, no. But crossovers ignore common sense, so yes. All super speed powers are exactly as fast, no explaination.
>>
>>13963404
>We never got a Luxon/Bradyon plamo.

I'm still sad.
>>
>>13966272
Normally I'd agree with you, but I think there is a difference in Kabuto's depiction of it: the lack of momentum and inertia. The way they move, the distances they jump when clocked up, it all looks more like sped up footage than "real speed" to an outside observer.
>>
>>13966886
He probably can keep up with his finisher, not his standard baseline speed.
>>
>>13965252
Faiz Accel gets written like that even in scenes unrelated to Kabuto - see the trick with multiple signal pointers at once against multiple enemies. It implies some speed awareness.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.