[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Tetsujin 28 compared to Shin Mazinger Z and Giant Robo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 53585.jpg (39KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
53585.jpg
39KB, 225x319px
How is Tetsujin 28 compared to Shin Mazinger Z and Giant Robo? I like both of those shows, but they did seem to be kind of the same story just in a different aesthetic package. And now it seems that Tetsujin has the same design as Robo, so I'm concerned if it's worthwhile.
>>
>>13962678
Fuck supers, reals are better
>>
>>13962702
All Gainax mecha are super robot.
>>
>>13962678
>the same story just in a different aesthetic package
Honestly the same goes for Tetsujin really. It touches upon the exact same themes that Giant Robo does, so if you've seen that one and you don't blindly eat up everything you watch, you'll probably not enjoy Tetsujin as much. I saw Tetsujin 28 first and when watching Giant Robo I couldn't help but think "Oh, this is really similar to Tetsujin, right down to the character types, VAs and themes"

So if you like Imagawa's heavy handed schlock and wouldn't mind just more of the same, just go ahead. You just won't get anything you haven't seen before.
>>
It's the least Imagawa out of all his shows.
>>
>>13962678
>but they did seem to be kind of the same story just in a different aesthetic package

You mean the Father's Sins? Pretty much yeah. Tetsujin is all about a child of the post-war generation being confronted with the horrible crimes of his father's generation and being tasked with laying them to rest. It's way less bombastic than Shin Mazinger or Giant Robo but the same basic thread of all Imagawa's works is their. It's a lot more subdued and mournful, easily the most emotionally mature and resonant show he's ever directed.
>>
It's much better than both.

Now don't mistake Shin mazinger and Giant robo as bad, cause shin mazinger is good and giant robo is great, they both lack a satisfying ending, though tetsujin 28 does.
>>
Did Imagawa's parents hide some horrible secret from him that made him traumatised or something?
What's his deal with withholding information?
>>
>>13962678
>And now it seems that Tetsujin has the same design as Robo

That's kinda to be expected since they're both adaptations of the same man's work.
>>
>>13962678
>>13965804
Tetsujin looks nothing like Giant Robo, and the Robo design from the OVA isn't even Yokoyama's.
>>
>>13965797
Perhaps, but I have seen that kind of plot element in other types of Japanese stories, particularly in detective fiction.
>>
>>13965850
They're both tube bots, and whose is it then?
>>
>>13962678

Tetsujin is more of a straight adaptation. It don't take stuff from any series other than Tetsujin itself, but Imagawa tie some standalone stories together to do a overreaching plot.
>>
>>13962702
too bad your mom was real bad, spic.
>>
>>13965797

This has been my major issue with Giant Robo OVA. Whole incident could have been averted and all those lives could be spared if only professor Vogler was sensible enough to fully explain everything to his son before giving him those samples, not record a message that can be only seen when all 3 samples are in use.
>>
>>13973161
>only professor Vogler was sensible enough to fully explain everything to his son before giving him those samples

How new are you to television? Yes, everything could have been averted if character x acted rationally by doing y.

The entire premise is that people do stupid shit, because they're overly emotional. The whole show is irrational from a setting / story point of view. That's just how asian dramas operate. It's not a flaw, it's a feature.

Shows where everyone is acting rationally would make for a very stale watch. It doesn't get anyone invested.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.