[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally finished watching Nadesico today. It was...not that good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 33019447_p0.jpg (192KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
33019447_p0.jpg
192KB, 1000x600px
Finally finished watching Nadesico today. It was...not that good. Akito's PTSD was annoying and so was his passive attitude about the girls pining for him, the constant love triangle antics got old fast, the dialogue would be too fast paced at times, it took 13 or so episodes for the plot to actually go somewhere and give us some clues as to who/what the Jovians are and when they finally do it's retarded. And not the fun kind of retarded either.

But most of all the ending was fucking terrible. Incredibly rushed and left too many loose ends. But I did like most of the characters and it was funny most of the time even if some comedy moments felt jarring. A character would die and then it'd jump cut to a character making a funny face.

It wasn't the most awful anime I've ever watched but I've certainly seen better. Just very average. I couldn't really recommend it to anyone. Ryoko best girl
>>
it was pretty good desu senpai
>>
>>13957153
>Ryoko best girl

well you're right about at least one thing
>>
>>13957153
Someone who finally agrees with me about Nadesico.
>>
>>13957153
The only thing I disagree with are the characters.
Seven times out of ten the characters who would actually be in the spotlight would be obnoxious and completely unlikable.
I have yet to wrap my head around why people liked Gai.
>>
>>13957829
>I have yet to wrap my head around why people liked Gai.
We have a sense of humor.
>>
File: 20101124.jpg (919KB, 800x1124px) Image search: [Google]
20101124.jpg
919KB, 800x1124px
>>13957829
He was fun. What I don't understand is why even introduce a not-Gai to fuck with Akito like that? And when Akito is questioning Munekata or whatever his name was about Gai's death, the entire scene implied that Gai might still be alive or something but it goes nowhere. Also adding to my original post I have to say the time travel shit was stupid and came out of nowhere.
>>
>>13957153

> Akito's passive attitude about the girls pining after him was annoying

Maybe I'm just too used too the current culture of waifus and harem leads, but I found him refreshing just because he actually interacts with the girls, has a significant other at multiple points (bridge bunny and captain) and has an actual personality. The fact he's not attracted to most of them is fine, what I don't like is that they're attracted to him for no real reason (Ryoko being a good example).
>>
>>13958647
>The fact he's not attracted to most of them is fine, what I don't like is that they're attracted to him for no real reason
This. And he had FIVE girls after him. It was ridiculous. I don't understand what those girls saw in him. Yurika at least had the childhood friend angle.
>>
>>13958654
Women love a guy who knows how to cook
>>
>>13958667
This, especially considering that all of the girls are cruddy cooks in that show. Every single one.
>>
>>13957153
avoid the movie
>>
>>13957839
He was a manbaby who bitched and moaned at a moment's notice.
>>
>>13957153
Oddly enough, the ending in the show is much better than the ending they had initially planned in which the team goes a hundred years into the future or whatever and it turns out that the purple haired girl who replaced Akito was a sleeper agent for ancient aliens, or whatever.
>>
>>13958824
Incidentally, the manga version has the show's original character designer Kia Asamiya decide to go wild with his favoritism towards Ruri.
>>
Nadesico became fucking unbearable when instead of being a parody it became and edgy version of SDFM with vaguely comedic premise. It got too serious and serious part was weak as fuck.
>>
>>13959672

Parody is supposed to be played straight
>>
>>13959696
No it's not when the rest of they show is blatant references to popular mecha shows.
Looking exactly like shit and smelling exactly like shit doesn't make you parody of shit.
>>
>>13959709
>No it's not when the rest of they show is blatant references to popular mecha shows.

Yes it is. That's all the more reason to be straight.

>Looking exactly like shit and smelling exactly like shit doesn't make you parody of shit.

Neither does stopping the action, looking at the camera and audience and screaming LOOK AT US WE'RE GETTER ROBO! GET IT!

Nadesico worked because it had an actual world of it's own that only had parallels to other shows not references.
>>
>>13959913
No, Nadesico worked because it embraced what was fun or stupid or both about many other mecha shows. It stopped working when instead of being funny it became generic shitty anime. Shitty movie only solidifies that.
>>
File: sleepwellbestboy.png (649KB, 800x1376px) Image search: [Google]
sleepwellbestboy.png
649KB, 800x1376px
>>
Main character was a little bitch.
Also was pretty weird that the character centric episodes that were suppose to get us to know the characters came towards the end instead of the beginning.
Never saw the movie because I didn't give a shit.
>>
>>13959672
I don't agree with this completely but another problem I had with Nadesico was it parodied too many other shows to the point where it didn't really have much of it's own identity.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.