[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Setsuna Understood.jpg (423KB, 1498x369px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna Understood.jpg
423KB, 1498x369px
I've been thinking about this for a while, but I'm more curious about your opinion /m/.

How do you think the world would react if "innovation" started occurring and people started developing into newtypes or innovators?
And it wouldn't be limited to a small groups within isolated areas; given enough time, everyone will have gone under the process.
What kind of implications would it have on current ongoing conflicts? Would UNDERSTANDING actually be of that much benefit?

Let's just say for the benefit of discussion, becoming a newtype grants individuals an instinctive understanding of nearby individuals, an incredible boost in data processing capabilities, and telepathy (although I guess the first thing is already kind of telepathy). Maybe also dat second quantum brain.
>>
>>13944214
pic related, because it's what got me started thinking about this.
Basically what I thought about at first was, "What if everyone became like Setsuna?"
>>
File: 14894745355354647.png (450KB, 714x714px) Image search: [Google]
14894745355354647.png
450KB, 714x714px
Wipe them out before they destroy our blue and pure world.
>>
They would probably be treated like mutants in X-Men, just less heavy-handedly in symbolism.
>>
>>13944230
But when you become one of them? What then?
>>
>>13944246
Yeah, I was trying to avoid that direction of discussion.
Hence my addition that "everyone" becomes a newtype.
>>
File: x2_08_stor.jpg (53KB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
x2_08_stor.jpg
53KB, 800x334px
>>13944246

Amuro, have you tried not being a newytpe?
>>
>>13944255
I would imagine there would still be discrimination since some people develop into newtypes faster, and that wouldn't exactly make those left behind happy.
>>
Just do drugs and pretend
>>
>>13944259
I suppose there could even be denial among those who are newtypes, much like Riddhe's situation.
>>
File: 20151015_130641.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20151015_130641.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>13944214
I want to say it would greatly benefit humanity, but conflicts of misunderstanding really only occur on the smaller scale; whereas larger scale conflicts such as war are driven out of multiple factors including greed.

At least we wouldn't have retards anymore. I mean literally, innovation would cure retardation.
Also we might get an actual Gundam Build Fighters tournament developed thanks to out furthered intellect.
>>
>>13944267
There'd be people venerating them as a divine blessing and others declaring there is no god but god and these are really infernal imposters.

Or people who get it are terrified by it. And people trying to 'cure' it because clearly it's not something everyone wants.

... oh god this really does go right into the gay thing doesn't it...
>>
Mass UNDERSTANDING and illumination would be undoubtedly for the better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBeoreJr4Yc

Short term, innovation would cause conflict, definitely.
But in the long run, humanity would have greatly benefited from it.
>>
>>13944298
No GN Particles, no naked floating communication.
>>
>>13944247

Then I save a bullet until I'm finished with my work.
>>
While the effect was in a limited population, you'd end up with an X-Men situation. The reaction of the general populace would be a mix of fear and envy: you'd have people trying to awaken early and likely a fair few killing themselves along the way, along with people trying to round up and capture Newtypes either for extermination or for enslavement as tools. You'd have some venerating them as gods, others denouncing them as demons. This is the state Newtypes remain in in UC, for the most part: everyone thinks of them as gods but also mercilessly abuses them as weapons.

Once the population got to closer to an even split, close enough that mass incarceration was no longer a viable option, you'd see discrimination and then war. This happened in 00 between the end of the movie and the epilogue. Eventually the population balance would flip and the former minority would now be in power, either through diplomacy or through force. There might be some discrimination against Oldtypes out of vengeance, but perhaps not quite as much.

Once the process concluded, you'd generally see a gradual shift towards world peace. Not an immediate one: people would still be people, with all their lusts and desires. Those in power would still be the same people, unless they were overthrown. The benefit of an Innovator population isn't that people like Ali cease to be that way, it's that when people like Ali are young it becomes immediately apparent what they are, so that they don't make it to positions of power in the first place. Ali was so dangerous in part because he could shave, put on a suit and put on a smile and look like a perfectly respectable guy.
>>
>>13944443
OP here, this sounds like the most probably sequence of events.
Thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 637x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 637x496px
>>13944443
Great post/10
>>
>>13944214
Why didn't Setsuna just say "oh yeah sorry Saji. That was the fags at Trinity though. Wasn't even us!"
>>
>>13944443
>Once the process concluded, you'd generally see a gradual shift towards world peace. Not an immediate one: people would still be people, with all their lusts and desires.

Problem with this is that Newtypes have generally been MORE violent and dangerous than oldtypes
>>
>>13944443
While I agree with you on some parts I don't htink it would lead to peace or anything, another anime that talked about thw hole understanding and "mind links" was M3 and it showed that just being able to read the mind or know what they are feeling won't lead you to understand them so it would acutally lead to a schism between themselves between the people who actually want to connect and the ones who do not like that
>>
>>13945082
It's a long-term process, not immediate. After several generations the connection becomes the norm. For the first few generations yes, there's plenty of strife to be had over it, but children adapt very quickly to any situation they were born into.
>>
>>13944298
>>... oh god this really does go right into the gay thing doesn't it...
gay thing?
>>
>>13946027
He probably meant it's the same story of how x-men are the token minority of every new generation, and right now it's gay rights?
>>
>>13944214
Newtypes/Innovades would use their abilities to acquire all the wealth/power and the 99% would resent them for it. So really nothing would change.
>>
>>13945058
This. Gas the newtypes.
>>
>>13945058
We never see an all-Newtype society, though, except in 00 where things seem to have worked out pretty well. If you're one in a million who's a Newtype, of course you're probably going to use and abuse your superpowers to get ahead. If everyone around you has the same powers you do, suddenly that's a different story. Scirocco and to a lesser extent Haman are unchallenged as Newtypes within their factions, and base some of their political power on the advantages their abilities give them over the Oldtypes working under them.
>>
>>13944214
The west would collectively shit it pants

We pander so much to the lowest common denominator
I would HATE to see what "affirmative action" would look like after new types were a well defined and visible minority
>new type privledge
>>
>>13944214
It's been done and it's called Shin Sekai Yori.
>>
>>13944214
People would first be amazed, then horrible things would happen:

-Nations would try and turn these people into soldiers.
-Aside from being soldiers or being locked into some positions, they'd be blocked from taking certain jobs as a "precaution".
-Supremacist, except this time, they ARE better than the rest of us.
-Depending on how they start showing up (bunch of people suddenly get these abilities, vs kids being born with those abilities), they'll probably end up haing normal people because they treat them like crap, or know they don't like them.
>>
If I became a first-gen Innovatortype I'm going off-grid. No way am I risking getting kidnapped by government forces to become a lab rat.

If I didn't innovate and stayed a mundanefag as transhumans become more and more integrated into society, I guess I can always take comfort in shitposting at /pol/?
>>
>>13950128
Supremacism is a major flaw with Newtypes and it's the biggest hurdle that 00 overcomes by saying that everyone in the world can become Innovators. You can't overcome the problem of people like Scirocco abusing their powers unless everyone else has those powers too. You have to make everyone super.
>>
>>13950635
>You have to make everyone super
And once everyone's super... UNDERSTANDING
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.