[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I started watching Zeta Gundam a few weeks ago after I finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: small pic.jpg (49KB, 225x341px) Image search: [Google]
small pic.jpg
49KB, 225x341px
So I started watching Zeta Gundam a few weeks ago after I finished the original series

There were few weird things I didn't like but I loved the original series

I was really excited going into Zeta because I knew Char played a major role in it

I watched 6 or 7 episodes and that was 3 weeks ago

There are things I like about it but it's so slow and the tone is really weird and I'm not sure where story is going

Should I move on watch more ?
>>
>>13939586
Yes, at least try to pursue it a little further. I was confused a tiny bit at first as well, but got used to it as everything fell into place.

If you start ZZ afterwards, take a break beforehand. ZZ has a pretty big tone shift compared to Zeta initially.
>>
>>13939586
*should I move on OR watch more of it
>>
>>13939586
I really liked episode 11, and it's very iffy for the next dozen or so episodes but I think it has one of the best endings in a Gundam series, even if it was a big clusterfuck
>>
>>13939586
>Should I move on watch more ?
No, drop it now, you're only wasting your time.
>>
Zeta is standard 80s Tomino. It starts extremely fast, then slows, gets stuck in neutral, and then hits the end at machine speed.
>>
>>13939592
>being confused
This is why most people think Zeta, and Greco for that matter, are masterpieces. It literally is 2deep4them.

Unlike Zeta, however, G-Reco actually is a masterpiece.
>>
>>13939607
I never thought it was deep, or excessively confusing, I was just confused because I felt like a lot of new characters were coming in pretty fast. By the time Kamille got to the moon I didn't have any problems following what happened at all.
>>
You lasted longer than me, I dropped it at episode 5. Though my main reason for doing so was that I couldn't stand any of the characters and that's always a deal breaker for me.

Since there are "things that you like about it" it might be worth your time I guess, but maybe take a break and watch something else before trying again if you're not really feeling it right now.
>>
>>13939625
Top pleb, you.
>>
It's great that Amuro didn't overshadow Kamille unlike what a certain someone did to another protagonist
>>
>>13939641
He's the opposite of a pleb, since he doesn't like Zeta.
>>
>>13939664
It's bad that they had to put Amuro and Char in the show since its own characters are so bad.
>>
>>13939586
Unpopular opinion here, but I love the first ten or so Zeta episodes. In my opinion those are some of the best episodes in Gundam. Episode 8 in particular is GOAT
>Mila titties
>exploring the gassed colony
>that fight between Mila and Kamillie
>Jerid getting put in his place
>>
>>13939691
It would be a mistake not to put them into the show. Zeta takes place only a couple of years after 0079 so it makes sense to include them in Zeta since there's no way the characters in 0079 would let the Titans do as they pleased
>>
>>13939689
Not really. He's right for disliking Zeta, but for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>13939702
>It would be a mistake not to put them into the show.
No it would've shown people how bad Zeta is.
>>
>>13939705
>He's right for disliking Zeta, but for the wrong reasons.
What wrong reasons? He just talked about the characters and he's right, they're total shit.
>>
>>13939724
Watching a show and judging its quality by characters first is pleb af.
>>
>>13939733
>Watching a show and judging its quality by its content first is pleb af.
ftfy
>>
>>13939735
If by content you mean plot, you're right.

Otherwise go back to imdb
>>
>>13939741
>characters are not part of a show's content
ok reddit
>>
>>13939872
>ok reddit
Greetings reddit!
>>
>>13939938
>no u
Hi TV Tropes
>>
>>13939961
>muh tropes

Sup, MAHQ?
>>
Why do people come onto this board looking for advice? Is finishing one series that hard? If it is absolutely too hard for you to continue then fuck off. If you can make it through, then do so. Afterwards you can come here and explain hoe good or shitty it was. But if you're so fucking ADHD (this is coming from someone with some pretty bad ADD) that you have to ask /m/ whether you should continue every 6 episodes because you're bored or something then you don't belong.

Of course none of this pertains to the thread because it's all just an excuse to shitpost.
>>
>>13939984
>muh site calling
back to MAL
>>
>>13939586
The story of Zeta is borderline incomprehensible on a first viewing, especially if you're watching it subtitled.

The show improves substantially in the middle, but then spoils things towards the end by shamelessly recycling plot lines and generally having an unsatisfying conclusion.

All in all, the show would have been a lot better if there had been a few episodes that didn't have mobile suit skirmishes in them, so that they could have actually had time to tell the story properly instead of squeezing it in around the repetitive fights. I guess the studio wouldn't allow that though.
>>
>>13940377
100% agree on the skirmishes hurting the show overall. They just become such a drag.

I used to think it may have just been me, but I once manged to get an ex into MSG. The animation made it a hard sell, but once she got into the characters she was hooked.

Afterwards we moved onto Zeta. By mid-series we were skipping past the skirmishes on her request. Never skipped a single scene in MSG though, not exactly sure why MSG is immune skirmish fatigue.
>>
>>13944944
Because 0079 is actually good, while Zeta is not.
>>
>>13944981
you liked the salt episode didn't you ?
>>
>>13944944
Personally, I feel like the episodic fights in 0079 are less tiring just due to all the frankly bizarre shit that shows up in them, the Zakrello, Braw Bro, hell even that crazy episode with the time bombs. For the most part in Zeta, the only extra flavor you get is sometimes the introduction of a new mobile suit, but IMO aside from things like the Gaplant and Psycho Gundam which were landmark story moments besides they never really feel as memorable.

It's less a problem native to Zeta and more a quirk of Tomino's directing style, it's really prominent in his other stuff like Dunbine and King Gainer. Probably a side-effect of his pre-gundam Super Robot days.
>>
>>13944996
>le salt maymay
Confirmed for not having watched 0079.

Word of advice, it's a really easy way to out yourself.
>>
>>13945025
>Confirmed for not having watched 0079.
Well, most Zetafags haven't. In fact, they claim Zeta is better than 0079.
>>
>>13945025
> This guy knows about a specific episode of 0079
> Hurr durr that means he hasn't watched the series
Retard logic at it's finest.
>>
File: smug anime face.png (222KB, 337x387px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.png
222KB, 337x387px
>>13945025

I guess episode 16 really is your favorite part of MSG.

Since salty so accurately describes your attitude.

But damn, seriously dude, lighten up a little.
>>
>>13939586
Stick to TTGL and Evangelion. You clearly have shit taste. I suggest packing up and heading to /a/ as well.
>>
>>13945023
There weren't that many monster of the week moments in Zeta, i don't know where this BS originate but desu Zeta if anything was better paced and more fluid than 0079
>>
>>13945278
Nah he'll fit RIIGHT in with the vocal minority of Neo /m/
>>
I dropped Zeta one episode in after sitting through all of MSG.
Should I just move on to G Gundam or what
>>
>>13939695
>steal a gendum out of teenage spite
>watch a OYW Feddie vet say 'not even ZEON sunk this low' with a straight face

That's not even getting out of ep 3.
>>
>>13946273
If you're a mouthbreather, sure.
>>
>>13946919
>only a patrician such as myself could possibly appreciate Tomino's art of repetition and circular writing!
>>
>>13946273
Nah, G is shit. Just skip to CCA.
>>
>>13947384
This is actually not a bad suggestion. CCA follows on from 0079 pretty well.

I'd argue that it actually makes more sense as a straight sequel to 0079 than it does as a sequel to Zeta, where Char's shifting allegiances and the muddled presentation of his ideas kind of ruin his character.
>>
>>13947409
>CCA follows on from 0079 pretty well.
Yes, and this is why I really like CCA and dislike Zeta and ZZ.
>>
>>13947409
Can someone explain to me why char becomes a bad guy again after Zeta?
>>
>>13947455
He was never a good guy, really. You could look at it two ways: He used the AEUG or he allied with them to achieve a goal. If you say he was a villain the whole time, you could say that as someone who wanted to make a Neo Zeon group, getting rid of Titans is priority #1. If he was a somewhat reluctant ally, then he did believe in his Dakar speech and wanted to end a major symbol of Federation corruption and realize his father's dream. However the Federation's shittyness in ZZ makes him take matters into his own hands and force humanity into Understanding through Newtypism, which would potentially bring peace. Somewhere along the way he decides that it's time to end his fight with Amuro and sacrifices his plans to do so. Maybe emulating Zeon's colony drops was his way of challenging Amuro in the first place.

Anyway Char is a Nigtype who dindu nuffin, he wuz ZEON n shiet.
>>
>>13947455
"dude he's crazy lmao" - Yoshiyuki Tomino, 1988
>>
>>13944944
The battle choreography in 0079 is really solid.
I feel that Zeta's was a huge drop in quality.
>>
>>13947519
Pretty certain he just spent way too many nights up crying about lala and decided he had to utterly crush Amuro out of pettiness.
>>
>>13947516
That make sense

To be nazis again they had to first out nazi the anti nazi riech
>>
>>13947516
>way of challenging Amuro

Well, that and leaking the psychoframe so Amuro would have a bitchin Gundam.
>>
>>13939586
I regret watching it myself, but it was fun to watch all of the characters do wacky shit for idiotic reasons
>>
>>13940377
>The story of Zeta is borderline incomprehensible on a first viewing
Now this is shitposting
>>
File: wing.jpg (190KB, 568x800px) Image search: [Google]
wing.jpg
190KB, 568x800px
Posting here because I didn't want to make a thread just for this:

Despite growing up on Toonami I somehow never watched Gundam Wing. It seems to still get a lot of praise these days, so would it be worth a watch for someone who vaguely remembers most of the other Toonami Gundams? Would I have to watch any of the other series beforehand to honestly enjoy it?
>>
>>13947840
Man, the word "shitposting" really has lost all meaning.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.