[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I watch this if Turn-A is my favorite anime of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: Brain_Powerd_cover.jpg (80KB, 340x487px) Image search: [Google]
Brain_Powerd_cover.jpg
80KB, 340x487px
Should I watch this if Turn-A is my favorite anime of all time? I mean, they were made only one year apart so there must be some common ground, right?
>>
File: brainpowerd episode 18.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
brainpowerd episode 18.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Don't be a pussy. Just watch it.
>>
>>13936234

Don't. I have no idea where this meme of Brain Powerd being a remotely decent show came from, considering the fact that it's been considered trash here for many, many years before.
>>
>>13936347
The only meme here is you you meme loving furry fuck.
>>
>>13936234
It's fun.
>>
I don't think it's THAT bad, so bad that it should be avoided at all costs. Its worth a watch and a judgement just cause its so different, but I won't promise anything. It's just very weird. If you saw g in reconguista, that series has a lot of shades of what made Brain Powerd such a bomb. They both kind of represent Tominos' worst habit of taking really interesting and different concepts, and getting so overzealous about his aim with it ("out doing eva" in his words, giving older animators jobs respectively) that he forgets to direct it in a way that coherently brings it all together so in the end you get this really weird mixed bag of cool ideas but bewildering execution.
>>
File: Johanthan.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Johanthan.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
Brain Powerd is not trash unlike Turn A Gundam.
>>
>>13936234
Watch it if you can handle the fact that it was Tomino's response to Evangelion.

But don't assume it's anything like that series either. Just watch it and enjoy the opening, which will confuse you even more.
>>
>>13936234
They both have that aggrivating 90's Tomino feel, so you'd like it.
>>
File: pathetic.png (90KB, 499x382px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.png
90KB, 499x382px
>>13936562
>Makes a "response" to Evangelion
>Isn't nearly as successful as Evangelion
>Tomino now hates Evangelion for all the reasons I dislike UC Gundam
>>
>>13936943
What the fuck is aggravating about Turn-A?
>>
It's actually good. Go watch it.
>>
>>13936347
You just didn't get it.
>>
>>13937272

Explain pls.
>>
>>13936234
Yes, both have crippling amounts of autism, little fighting, and terrible mechanical design.
>>
>>13937308

The Mechs are top tier.

The battles are also really great.
>>
>>13937346

What...not to get...about those things?

You made it sound like you somehow got something about this that no one else did, which is mainly what everyone criticizes. The mechs are fine but that's never what people are talking about.
>>
>>13937355

It's just a fun show, dude.
>>
>>13936234

I've only watched the first 10 episodes and I would say yes. Turn A is my favorite as well and I definitely see the similarity. Get ready for Jonathan, he is something else.
>>
>>13937346
>The battles are also really great.

This is bait btw. Just in case someone was incredibly clueless.
>>
>>13936300
>dat episode when nelly dies
feels bad man
>>
>>13936347
you just don't understand poetry it rhymes
>>
>>13936958
evangelion is fucking trash though
>>
>>13936234
is dat sum Inomata
>>
File: Yuu-Hime.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yuu-Hime.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>13936234
The anime was mostly about family issues with an enjoyable MC and main girl, they always had great interactions.
The fights were meh though.
>>
The red haired chick has the same voice actor as Sochie, and I love her voice.
>>
>>13938704
Ok
>>
>>13938744
>that animation
d-did those robo cocks just touch
>>
Is the cover really that lewd?
>>
>>13939256

If you mean not at all, then yes.
>>
>>13939257
But it's lewd.
>>
>>13939265
please go back to /a/
>>
>>13939267
Okay...
>>
>>13939256
Try watching this anime's Op on youtube.
>>
>>13939313
Hmm, maybe I will.
>>
>>13936958
>furry avatarfag calling someone pathetic
Wow, talk about ironic. Gundam may not be the best written anime ever but it sure blows Evangelion out of the water.

I would lump Evangelion in the same group as Serial Experiments Lain where they're pretty to look at but basically just pretentious trash under the surface.
>>
>>13939313
TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS TITS
>>
>>13939528
Seems like you didn't GET Evangelion. It's not even supposed to be deep. Evangelion is to Mazinger what Nadesico was to Yamato, a parody with a blurred line between serious and comedy. It's easy to take both seriously if you aren't aware that they are comedy. Just look at the characters in Evangelion, they are either exaggerated opposite to Kabuto Kouji, or exaggerated beyond recognition Sayaka. That tanned guy was pretty much Boss.
>>
>>13939577
>Evangelion is to Mazinger what Nadesico was to Yamato, a parody with a blurred line between serious and comedy.
Evangelion was never a parody of mecha and depressed characters were not anything new to the genre.
>>
>>13939584
Shinji wasn't a depressed character. He was just an autistic pussy with daddy issues, the complete opposite of the likes of Kabuto Kouji and Ryoma Nagare. I'm not even saying that it's bad, since it's an interesting take on the testosterone filled formula. But NGE as a whole was more of a joke than something overly serious.
>>
>>13939590
>>13939590
>autistic pussy with daddy issues
That sounds pretty depressing.
>>
>>13939601
One shouldn't be depressed about his own issues.
>>
>>13939528
>I would lump Evangelion in the same group as Serial Experiments Lain where they're pretty to look at but basically just pretentious trash under the surface.
You didn't understand the series at all.
>>
>>13939590
Shinji is not a parody or exaggerated opposite of Kouji or Ryouma. That never happened.
>>
>>13939621
Guess you didn't get it. Rewatch Mazinger Z and NGE.
>>
>>13939351
Well then, that's a opening alright.

Jesus all these breasts man.
>>
File: 2vxozl1.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2vxozl1.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>13939628
Shinji is manly.MANLY!
>>
OP, simply put you watch it for completions sake. I'm a big Tomino fan and Turn A is also my #1 anime. Brain Powerd does share a lot of the same staff - Yoko Kanno, Murata Akino (Hime/Sochie's VA), Romi Park, some script writers, etc., and you CAN tell that the atmospheres and general directing style are similar, but it doesn't stop it from being bad. Brain Powerd is a directing prototype to what Tomino later bettered with Turn A. Helps that Turn A had competent Zambot/MSG-era scriptwriters as well.

Brain Powerd's interesting observe and analyze from a Turn A-era point of view, but to be honest it's mediocre at best. Shit's all over the place. It can be fun if you're in the right mindset but don't expect anything more than a 5/10 or 6/10 anime.

Also idk where the whole "Brain Powerd was a response to Evangelion" rumour originates from but I've always found it dumb. Not only has he denied it, why would Tomino need to "respond" to Evangelion when Ideon exists?
>>
>>13939665
Because every mecha after NGE was either a response to it or a rip off. This is why people can't take the NGE fanbase seriously.
>>
>>13939628
You can't just say people didn't get it whenever someone says your "fact" is bullshit.
>>
>>13936562
2016, people still perpetuate the myth that this show is Tomino's response to Eva.

So many souls still weighed down by gravity...
>>
>>13936234
Yes, Brain Powerd somewhat filled the void left after I finished Turn A (favorite Tomino series). But it isn't nearly as good in terms of story or animation. And it isn't in HD. I liked it a lot overall, better than any of Tomino's other 26 episode stuff
>>
>>13941555
Watched OKG already?
>>
>>13941567
Yeah I didn't really like it that much because the story was so episodic and went nowhere. Probably my least favorite Tomino show except Xabungle and Daitarn. Brain Powerd was similar to Gainer but weirder and more interesting. King Gainer had way better animation and was in 720p but I liked the character designs of brain powerd and that hime VA.
>>
>>13939577
>not supposed to be deep
>fags hail it as the deepest shit
So half of the Eva fanbase is made out of dumbfucks ?
>>
>>13941968

Yup. Just like any other.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.