[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to Sydney tomorrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: OperationBritish.jpg (289KB, 893x1500px) Image search: [Google]
OperationBritish.jpg
289KB, 893x1500px
Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to Sydney tomorrow if you're in Australia.

Happening thread will be posted later tomorrow.

so long spacenoids.
>>
Who the FUCK decided that space colonies were a good idea?
>>
>>13933462
Well, O'Neil cylinders are a workable idea, and space colonies certainly aren't a bad idea, but Zeon decided to gas 'em and crash one on the Earth.
>>
>>13933474
Seeing as just about every colony we see in UC Gundam shows is either destroyed, gassed or dropped onto the Earth, I'm inclined to say that they were a bad idea.
>>
>Sydney
Wouldn't it be more appropriate and correct if its wherever they were originally aiming for as opposed to Sydney, which was only hit because they changed its direction when they intercepted it?
>>
>>13933506
The Zeeks had always intended to wipe out the Australians. They were the heroes all along.
>>
>>13933455

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HtdfhJVLJU
>>
I was playing SD GNext last night. By the end of the game had like 5 colonies near Earth and just dropped all of them for shits and giggles.
It was fun.
>>
File: 1456459520176.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1456459520176.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>13933455
>All of the Australia's achievements like shitposters, dangerous fucking animals and Abos are dead in the UC.
>>
>>13933498
I don't see how space colonies being gassed or destroyed is exactly an argument that space colonies are a bad idea. I mean if you're gonna start using biological weapons it doesn't matter what you're attacking you're gonna wipe it out.

Now colony drops, that's a point. But I don't really think it outweighs the positives, I mean you're making space colonies for overpopulation anyway, the only way you'd get an empty space colony is through, i dunno, a war which halves the human population. I mean, where would the colonists go, everywhere is full.
>>
>>13933635
>I don't see how space colonies being gassed or destroyed is exactly an argument that space colonies are a bad idea.
Would you really feel comfortable living inside something so fragile that the future equivalent of a tank could destroy it with no effort, causing you to be sucked out into space and instantly killed?
>>
>>13933635
>everywhere is full
The show doesn't really bare that out. With the sole exception of Green Noa 2 (which was a smoggy industrial complex), every colony we see in Gundam is spacious and full of rolling green hills. When Zeon is clearing out a closed-type cylinder to make the Colony Laser, the narrator says that they relocated a million and a half people. Closed-type cylinders are supposed to be able to support 6-10 million because they have twice as much living space as an open-type and this is the only time in all of UC that the population of a single cylinder is specifically stated. They've also never really laid out how many cylinders are in each Side except for some secondary information that Green Noa 1 was the only cylinder in Side 7 at the time of Mobile Suit Gundam. There are a couple of times that cylinders are designated by numbers (30 Bunch, for example, or that display of a bunch of colonies at Side 2 in Zeta) but never an actual total. And despite all the complaints about Feddie oppression, the living conditions on the colonies were consistently shown to be really nice and are never actually shown to be crowded at all.

Also that war that wiped out half the human race did so by destroying a shitload of cylinders. The only one stated to have been abandoned because of the war was Texas Colony.
>>
>>13933661
War is war, if a big war was to break out today, I wouldn't feel safe at all.
>>
>>13933661
>something so fragile that the future equivalent of a tank could destroy it with no effort
Never happened.
There is one instance of a single MS-05 gassing a whole colony by itself. The only colony destroyed in MSG was Iffish, and that was a couple dozen Zaku mounting rocket engines on it to send it to earth. Loum was destroyed by a nuclear exchange between fleets of battleships and hundreds of mobile suits.
In fact, the one guy who was seen getting "sucked out into space" survived, as did the colony he was sucked out of.

No colonies are destroyed in Zeta. Gassed, sure, but intact.

One colony is dropped on Dublin in ZZ but it actually doesn't even break apart until after its stuck in the ground *and* shot full of holes by a battleship's main gun.

Outside of SEED and AGE where one colony per show is heavily damaged due to prolonged battle inside (and the population is evacuated in both cases) the only MS capable of destroying a colony are the X, DX, and Wing Zero.
And Devil Gundam, if you count that (it's really an MA tho)
>>
>>13933717
>No colonies are destroyed in Zeta
*by mobile suits
Forgot about that whole "colony laser" thing for a sec.
>>
>>13933693
You do see some shittier colonies in Unicorn. There is one asteroid winning one the that is just full of favela like buildings bunched on top of another. Also sweet water is a shitty closed type cylinder that is implied to be overcrowded and shitty.

Also where did the Earth get nuked ? Did they just Nuke India or some shit because all of North America seems fine ?
>>
>>13933721
Yeah but well come on O'Neil was never like, hmm maybe i should armour these things in case someday someone makes an anime and one of these is turned into a giant space laser, YEAH! that is very probable!
>>
>>13933455
You do realize that previous to the operation Australia wasn't the target right?
>>
>>13933876
lol
>>
>>13934317

No, i was completely unaware of the fact that operation British's original target was the Federation headquarters in Jaburo.
>>
>>13933775
>sweet water is a shitty closed type cylinder
Wasn't Sweetwater part-closed, part-open? Like two other colonies conjoined together.

>all of North America seems fine ?
In First Gundam, it seemed like all of North America was a barren desert with ruined cities. Well, except Amuro's hometown, and Icelina's father's mansion.
>>
>>13933775
>where did the Earth get nuked
It didn't. The majority of those 5 billion kills in the One Week Battle were in space. Only 2 billion of the 11 billion people in the earth sphere in Dec 0078 lived on earth. Sides 1, 2, 4, and 5 are where all those deaths happened (aside from a few million casualties from the wayward colony drop).
>>13933876
No idea what you're trying to say here. Oneill cylinders are not flimsy enough to be destroyed by an average MS. Period. NEVER. HAPPENED.

One colony is destroyed in Zeta, and it's destroyed by the Gryps2 colony laser. One colony is destroyed in 0079 and it's destroyed by gravity and Australia. One colony is destroyed in ZZ and it's destroyed by gravity, Sydney and the Argama. Two colonies are destroyed in 0083 and they're destroyed by gravity. One of them even survives being shot with the solar array before falling to earth.
That's literally all of them that are ever shown to be destroyed in UC without the help of nukes.
>>
>>13934717
Iffish (the colony that was dropped in Jan 0079) did not go straight down. It took an eliptical path around the moon to use gravity to sling-shot it at the earth at a high rate of speed. This took 3-4 days during which the EF blasted the shit out of it with everything they had. This resulted in it breaking up during re-entry and veering off course in three large chunks. A huge piece hit near New Yark, a huge piece hit in central europe, and the largest piece (over half) hit Sydney.

The only time nukes are ever referred to having been used in the One Year War was destroying colonies during the first month.
>>
>>13933498
Why make planes when terrorists can hijack them and crash them into the twin towers
Actually why do we even build towers when they can get hit by planes
>>
File: wtc-closest-to-heaven.thumbnail.jpg (57KB, 470x600px) Image search: [Google]
wtc-closest-to-heaven.thumbnail.jpg
57KB, 470x600px
>>13934845
>why do we even build towers
>>
>>13933455
I thought the target was Brazil though
OH GOD, WAS IT MEANT TO LAND ON SYDNEY ALL ALONG? IT'S A CONSPIRACY, THE VIST IS BEHIND IT ALL.
>>
>>13933661
By this rationale your average house is a deathtrap.
>>
>>13935079
It was, Jaburo in SA. This was pointed out to OP.
>>
>>13933635
The fact that the Feds can't blast Colonies out of orbit is fucking dumb.
REALLY dumb
Considering they wreck massive ships in 2 or 3 shots
>>
>>13933455
So long space cowboy.
>>
>>13935668
Brazil is in the same continent, close enough.

>>13935730
I agree.
Really, why doesn't Zeon use something less hollow than the colonies? I suppose that the colonies are convenient given that they're already there, but a giant slab of concrete would be less fragile right?
>>
>>13934838
>The only time nukes are ever referred to having been used in the One Year War was destroying colonies during the first month.
That and M'Quve's desperate use of a Nuke against White Base, but that was stopped.

Anyways, the way I understood it from MSG 0079 is that North America is Zeon territory and basically a wasteland, asia and the Russian expanse are the front line of EF and Zeon combat with the Zeons fighting a 2-front war somewhere in eastern europe (EF in Ireland, invading through Yurop on Odessa Day), and the EF has a secret base in Jaburo.

The only place that actually seems to have been flat out destroyed is Australia and I assume that was from the colony drop in the intro (I didn't realize what that was until over halfway through the series)
>>
>>13935747
I'm surprised Zeon never just did a colony drop with Luna II. It's literally packed full of the metal used to build the Sides, it would be the ultimate bunker buster.
>>
>>13933704
Truth. In WW3 nowhere would be safe.
>>
File: jaden-smith-net-worth.jpg (38KB, 494x650px) Image search: [Google]
jaden-smith-net-worth.jpg
38KB, 494x650px
>>13934845
Why do we even live when we can die?
>>
>>13933704
>>13935776
We've reached a point in globalization that a world war breaking out has never been more unlikely. Don't worry, anon, you became safe the moment the USSR dissolved.
>>
>>13933474
Although space colonies aren't a bad idea. I'd really like to know what it is in UC Gundam space colonies that turns Spacenoids into fanatical genocidal loons. Is it the air? The food? The plants? The spinning? Being unbound by gravity? All of the above?
>>
>>13933462
they probably didn't expect Zeon to literally build giant robots and do this to them
>>
>>13935730
>Orbit

Colonies can be and are moved using boosters; see 0083.
Colonies can also be destroyed during the fall to earth, which I believe is what you mean. Case in point, 0083 again. However, you are grossly underestimating the difference in size and mass between an average, say, Musai or Salamis, and a Colony, which may well contain millions of people and is fucking gigantic in general. They're large enough to contain atmospheres with clouds and precipitation, which should tell you enough.
>>13935775
It'd be too difficult to move and direct, and in addition it'd likely have an effect on the earth too great for Zeon's liking if it did hit.

>>13935997
It's Contolism. Spacenoids who live Zeon-free lives generally are just assholes; meanwhile those exposed to zeek scum become hypocrite fanatics and thieving wimps.
>>
>>13936015
That's why you make the colonies robots.
>>
>>13935730
>>13936049
The whole reason why australia was destroyed was because they damaged it so much that it missed jaburo fucking learn the lore you dumb niggers
>>
>>13933455
Farewell, cunts.
>>
>>13936070
I never said anything about colonies being un-damageable in my post. I already know what happened with Sydney. What's wrong with my post?
>>
>>13936104
Don't reply to me all smarmy like that i'll fucking gas you irl spacenoid scum
>>
>>13936108
>spacenoid
>suggesting I'd ever be low-class enough to be sent into a shithole-in-a-pill
You didn't answer my question, either. Have you been suffering from oxygen deprivation?
>>
>>13936118
theres literally nothing wrong with going space retard from oxygen
>>
>>13936104
Not him, but for the record:
The Feddies shot at Iffish for three days straight trying to destroy it before it fell into the atmosphere.
Trying to destroy a colony cylinder with mobile suit weapons is like trying to destroy a skyscraper with rifles and grenades.

You can, of course, blast them out of the sky (sort of) with a nuke but then you still have a shit-ton of rubble falling into the atmosphere and now it's RADIOACTIVE rubble. Beam weapons capable of one-shotting a colony didn't exist until the 7th Space War and those require support from an entire moon base to be able to fire.
>>
>>13936147
Thanks, I suppose I should've been more attentive to the guy whose question I was answering.
>>
>>13933531
I don't think they were aiming for the australians
I think they just saw a really big spider when visiting australian dignitaries and did the proper response of dealing with it.

Nuke it from orbit.
>>
it's worth noting that the Colony Laser (which was dormant for almost a decade after NeoZeon1) was recommissioned after the Axis incident to one-shot any Large Object Hurled Towards Earth, rogue colonies included.The Federation doesn't always have Axis Shock-capable Newtypes on board (or rather, would not want to rely on NTs at all)
>>
>>13933455
>so long spacenoids.
But you're dropping it on the Earthnoids.
>>
File: 1456486573094.jpg (12KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
1456486573094.jpg
12KB, 500x311px
>>13933550
unappreciated post
>>
>>13934838
>chunks of Iffish hit New Yark and Central Europe
Where was this info revealed? Listening to the Gaia Gear audio drama, it mentions that Nouveau Paris is the capital of the EF in 0203, and the original Paris was destroyed in a colony drop during the OYW, becoming Lake Paris. I'd thought this meant Tomino was introducing an entirely new colony drop we'd never heard of, separate from Operation British. But perhaps Paris is the part of "Central Europe" your info is referring to. (I think of it more as Western Europe, but it's close enough.)
>>
>>13937914
Not that guy, but most of what I found references massive damage to Australia and North America. Not much mention of Europe.

All of this information comes from old databooks. Not all of it is meant to be canon or even semi-canon (especially Gundam Century which has been retconned to hell and back, full of holes now), but it makes for an interesting read and insight into the show, some of whose staff contributed to the databooks.

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/archive/entertainmentbible01.html
>However, the colony's orbit changed as it entered the atmosphere, and it broke up into fragments as it fell. Most of it fell on Sydney, devastating a third of the Australian continent, and its fragments destroyed a quarter of the North American continent.

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/archive/msv2.html
>Illustration: A world map showing the areas destroyed or damaged by Operation British. The regions corresponding to Canada's Northwest Territories, the west coast of the United States, the east coast of Australia, and the northern portion of Russia's Sakha Republic are sectors of complete destruction. Sectors of heavy damage include northern Canada, the western United States and northwestern Mexico, eastern Australia, and a large swath of northeastern Asia that encompasses Japan, Korea, northeastern China, and Russia's Far Eastern district.

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/archive/gundamcentury.html
Ctrl+F "Disaster", too much to quote.
>>
>>13935668
OP was perfectly aware.
>>
>>13936848
You fggots really have to nit pick every fucking thing don't you?
>>
>>13936848
he's saying goodbye to us
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.