[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how popular was Macross 7 in its day? I know it has very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: macross-7.jpg (120KB, 490x710px) Image search: [Google]
macross-7.jpg
120KB, 490x710px
So how popular was Macross 7 in its day?
I know it has very mixed reception on /m/ and other English speaking sites, at least compared to SDF, Plus, and Frontier (on any site but /m/, really).
But from what I gather it has more media than any other Macross. It has the most episodes, several OVAs and an original movie - far more than any other entry. It had to be somewhat popular for their to be a demand and audience for all of it.
>>
Very popular. Number #1 on the major popularity polls of that year, etc. It was the Macross show, Plus was the side thing that people cared a lot less about there while in the West people think Plus is their Gritty Mature Drama.

The only thing which kind of cut short how long it remained popular was a little anime coming out one month after it ended that you may have heard of called Evangelion.
>>
>>13928776
Cool horseshit bro
>>
There's never been a bad Macross imo. II, Frontier TV (40%), and Zero were lukewarm with some redeemable aspects. 7 was great except for some shitty villains (those two devlins near the end) and too many recycled songs, just some cuts and it wouldn't have been such a slog.
>>
>>13928784
>hating on reused Planet Dance and Holy Lonely Night
I did like how the character actually wrote new songs during the show, and those started being more and more regular. But still, his main songs are still awesome.
>>
>>13928794
>Holy Lonely Night
Loved this one
>>
>>13928784
>There's never been a bad Macross
Macrossfags sure are delusional
>>
Considering Fire Bomber basically being a household name at that time and all the extra episodes it got, it would clearly have to be quite popular

>>13928794
Planet Dance isn't even that great. Holy Lonely Night is though
>>
>>13928854
I like Gundam much more than i like Macross and i would agree with that anon's statement if Macross II didn't exist
II is so fucking boring i couldn't finish it (though not extremely offensive)
and Zero is pretty meh
>>
Rather than making a new thread, I'll ask here.
I'm looking to pick up the original Macross and am wondering if I should watch the remastered, or the original dvds?
>>
>>13928794
>>13928798
>>13928895
Get it right, it's Holy Lonely Light. Heavy Lonely Night is one of the refrains within the song.

>>13928854
But it's true though. Though there are meh entries, none of them are outright bad. It's something of a feat when you realize that virtually every other /m/ franchise has its black sheep (Gundam has Destiny, AGE and Try; Kamen Rider has Kiva, the second half of Hibiki, and Wizard among others; Sentai has Dairanger and Kyoryuger along with other arguable ones like Go-Onger and Ninninger; even LoGH has the Gaiden OVA's).
>>
File: boowofl.jpg (105KB, 580x1012px) Image search: [Google]
boowofl.jpg
105KB, 580x1012px
>>13932634
>>
File: 5UFINKW.jpg (89KB, 794x614px) Image search: [Google]
5UFINKW.jpg
89KB, 794x614px
>>13928744
Pretty popular.
>>
>>13932772
Downtown?
Arino?
what episode?
>>
>>13932608
the BDs ofc
>>
>>13932866
Thanks, just checking, sometimes they fuck up remasters, but I'm 3 episodes in and enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>13932783
Nanairo Dreams GCCX episode
>>
Out of the meh Macross entries, II has sexy mech and character designs, Ishtar, Sylvie, and the VF-2SS come to mind. Zero has the VF-0 + brown girls and Frontier TV has series callbacks & some sweet tunes.

It's probably the best /m/ series when it comes to across the board.
>>
File: macross7[1].jpg (111KB, 614x464px) Image search: [Google]
macross7[1].jpg
111KB, 614x464px
>>13932772

Aero Fighters 3 had a pretty amusing reference.
>>
How is Macross Delta so far?
>>
>>13940240

Abominable.
>>
>>13928744
It had a movie, a bunch of OVAs and a shitload of music way more than what most Macross shows get
>>
>>13940319
Not to mention it was just plain longer than any of the other series by quite a good deal.
>>
>>13940319
>>13940371
Yeah, I literally mentioned that in the OP.
>>
>>13940240
Not out yet.
>>
>>13940240
the action is pretty cool and i hate cgi
>>
>basara-leaf.gif
>>
File: 54496019_p0_master1200.jpg (621KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54496019_p0_master1200.jpg
621KB, 900x1200px
>>13940240
Only a preview episode out right now but it's a weird mix of 7, Plus, and Frontier. I like it. Mikumo is pretty much a female Basara.
>>
>>13940859
Freyja is female basara she's even autistic like him
>>
>>13941917

That bitch is autismal enough to make Basara look like a completely normal, well-adjusted person in comparison.
>>
>>13940319
That's really only because it came out in the 90s.
>>
>>13932634

How is Dairanger a black sheep?
>>
>>13940240
It's like AKB and Symphogear had a baby
>>
>>13932634
>virtually every other /m/ franchise has its black sheep
> virtually every other
>proceeds to list only four /m/ franchises

You must have a pretty narrow definition as to what constitutes /m/ then.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.