[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is there a recommendation chart for Kamen Rider? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: KamenRider.jpg (403KB, 1230x856px) Image search: [Google]
KamenRider.jpg
403KB, 1230x856px
So is there a recommendation chart for Kamen Rider? I've only seen a few on and off episodes with friends. I have been told each serie (especially the newer ones from Kuuga onward) can vary drastically in style and tone so I was wondering how each one is. I can stomach early 2000 bad CGI so Im fine with watching the early Heisei stuff.
>>
>>13919327
Watch all of them.
There is no downside.
>>
>>13919330
>watch all of them
>like 60% don't even have subs
>>
>>13919348
Im gonna guess most of the showa ones dont have subs?
>>
>>13919348
>60%
>Only X, Super-1 and Skyrider dont have actual subs(but still have HK subs)
>>
>>13919348
Did you time travel here from the early mid-2000s?
>>
>>13919405
>he thinks subbing one or two episodes counts as subbed
>>
>>13919419
I didn't know 30 or 40 was the same number as 1 or 2.

Or that maybe 10% at best is the same as 60%, while we're at it.
>>
File: KR.jpg (1MB, 1075x1610px) Image search: [Google]
KR.jpg
1MB, 1075x1610px
>>13919327
Double was my first and got me absolutely hooked
>>
Kuuga. You want to watch Kuuga.

Or W, that's another good starter, cos once you've seen other series the flaws in it are much more apparent.

If you want to watch Showa then V3, Stronger, and Black are all strong contenders. OG Rider is worth looking into for context, or you could read the Rider 1 manga, which is real good. Ishinomori does the real shit.
>>
I think Kamen Rider is kind of too varied a franchise to have rec charts

>>13919348
>like 60% don't even have subs
That's not true at all
>>
>>13919441
Oh this is actually pretty good

Yeah OP start with Kuuga, Kabuto or W (my personal first was Kabuto). At that point just read a synopsis for any other series and watch it

>What not to watch
>Hibiki
Yeah, this was definitely made in 2011
>>
>>13919434
the only ones with 30 or 40 are the new ones. everything else is spotty as fuck. you can't even watch the original series fully subbed and you're expected to pay $150 for V3? yeah nah. i'd avoid kamen rider till they start subbing things.
>>
>>13919441
>>13919444
Im told Kuuga is very different (not in a bad way, mind you) because it has a more 'grounded' feel like its trying to portray the whole monster thing in a more realistic light with the police and goverment actually trying to do something. At the same time, I'm told Kuuga is a lot less flashy and kiddy compared to the noisy and toyetic later Heisei show.

Is that true?
>>
>>13919451
yeah i can't really attest to the rest of the chart, but its got good starting points.
And I try to keep a hold of most charts that I see posted around here for future reference.
>>
>>13919455
>>13919451
My favorite part of that chart will always be "expect character traits" under Kabuto along with completely subjective points like designs or just saying 'bad writing' with zero further explanation.
>>
>>13919405
>>13919448
T-N don't count as subs, brah.
>>
>>13919419
I think fully subbed counts as full. But I did forget that half of the first show wasnt subbed.

>>13919444
>Kuuga. You want to watch Kuuga.
Not if you're looking for actual fights, and not shitty effects
>>
>>13919460
they do
>>
>>13919453
I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. Yes. All those things are true. Same applies to Agito really. It doesn't mean those later shows are bad though, but Kuuga does feel different because it was a big thing that Kuuga even existed so they were trying something new
>>
>the best kamen rider shin never got a series

why
>>
>>13919486
>Shin
>good
>Youarewrong.jpg
>>
>>13919478
>It doesn't mean those later shows are bad though
Never said they were. But I can see why my post came off as that due to use of 'kiddy' or 'toyetic'. Simply that from what I have seen of Kuuga it seems to be doing things very differently from what we would see in later shows.
>>
File: All Riders Portraits.jpg (562KB, 2004x1336px) Image search: [Google]
All Riders Portraits.jpg
562KB, 2004x1336px
>>13919327
http://kamenriderguide.weebly.com/
>>
File: 1446605425771.jpg (1MB, 1521x2115px) Image search: [Google]
1446605425771.jpg
1MB, 1521x2115px
>>13919441
Here's a more complete one.
>>
>>13919809
ah, i remember seeing this one at some point and I didn't have it saved. Thank you very much
>>
>>13919348
There's only like three shows that aren't fully subbed now.
>>
>>13919441
>>13919809
Thanx for these. I really like super robot stuff and kabuto looks neat from what I've seen so that's probably gonna be my first Kamen series.
>>
File: Deat_heat_mach_Naoru.png (1MB, 820x599px) Image search: [Google]
Deat_heat_mach_Naoru.png
1MB, 820x599px
Boys this make me crazy
any of you know what is the song that's start playing in dead heat form on this scene, I cant find that specific track

https://youtu.be/trFg7vSAHYg?t=65
>>
Kuuga, Kabuto or W. Those are the best starting points. I'd say go with W because it's the only one out of those 3 that is avaiable in BD and has great subs.
>>
>recommending Kabuto
Please no. Start with W.
>>
>>13920970
Just be warned that Kabuto has TV-N subs only (expect much untranslated Japanese) and the last third is pretty... questionably written.
>>
>>13920970
Kabuto is representative of the pre-W Heisei shows: sometimes it's great, often it's garbage. The story is an incoherent mess and the subs are TV-Nihon, who make it worse with their poor translation. People recommend it because it's always been recommended, and it was my first, but I don't think it's a good recommendation anymore.

I would personally recommend W, which is more exemplary of what Rider is today. Everything after Decade, by and large, is much more consistently good. So good in fact that back in 2010 people said "don't watch W, Rider will never be this good again and it'll ruin everything else for you".
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.