[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post unpopular opinions here, confess your sins. I genuinely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23

File: geist.jpg (11KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
geist.jpg
11KB, 276x183px
Post unpopular opinions here, confess your sins.

I genuinely think M.D Geist is a classic. Including Death Force.
And I wish it somehow got more material, I wanna see more of Jerra.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-01-26-21h51m49s86.png (239KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-01-26-21h51m49s86.png
239KB, 640x480px
People on /m/ think Geist isn't a classic?
>>
File: deserved.png (568KB, 683x513px) Image search: [Google]
deserved.png
568KB, 683x513px
>>13916000
All of them? Jesus, man, pull up a chair.

I don't like Macross, but I love Mospeada.

I like American shit. I've got Robot Jox and Pacific Rim on Blu Ray along with Robot Wars, Crash and Burn, Transformers G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Transformers: Animated, and Exo-Squad Season 1 on DVD. I also have Robotech on DVD, but that's mainly because Mospeada DVDs are expensive. I'd buy the shit out of Sym-Bionic Titan, Megas XLR, and Exo-Squad Season 2 if they'd sell them to me. Hell, I'd buy the Battletech and Heavy Gear cartoons if they were on DVD (Heavy Gear is on DVD, but it's not complete).

Speaking of Battletech, I like Battletech. MechWarrior 2 was one of the things that got me into mecha. I liked the Battletech cartoon when I was a kid. I read the books on occasion. I'd even play the game if anybody would play with me.

I like Toeizinger and Mazinkaiser, and I love Mazinkaiser SKL, but I loathe Shin Mazinger. I don't get you guys.

I think toku is /m/, but spaceships are not. Super Sentai has robots in it. Kamen Riders are either cyborgs or dudes in powered armor. Ultras, at the very least, punch robots on occasion. Godzilla fights MechaGodzilla. At the very least there's a line that you can draw through the genre so that it makes sense here. Star Trek doesn't have anything to do with giant robots!
>>
>>13916137
>Star Trek doesn't have anything to do with giant robots!

but it has robots in it, same as toku

LoGH on the other hand...
>>
>>13916000
Having a robot in it isn't enough to justify a show or game as /m/ (here's looking at you P3). If the focus isn't on robots or robots don't feature heavily then get outta here.
>>
>>13916146
But they're person-sized robots. Super Sentai, Ultraman, and Godzilla are punching giant robots. Kamen Riders are cheating at least a little, but they get grandfathered in by the murkiness of powered armor as mecha.

Kikaider, however, is totally cheating. I have no defense for Kikaider. Sorry, Kikaider. Shoulda been taller.
>>
I like Robotech better than Macross.

Looking back I think both series are kind of shit to be frank, but Robotech gets the nostalgia points.

I also think anyone who throws a bitch fit about the whole thing are faggots who either weren't there at the time or piece of shit weaboo cunts who would praise a steaming bowl of shit if you told them it came from a Sushi dinner
>>
>>13916160
I suppose a fair few Kamen Riders have something at least similar to giant robots too. Faiz has actual mecha w/ Auto Vajin & Side Basshar, Wizard has his Dragon zoid and so does Ghost and Gaim has a actual piloted mech with Suika Arms.
>>
I have no interest in anything related to Mazinger, but I love Getter at the same time

I like Iron-Blooded Orphans

I quit LoGH halfway in out of disinterest, I can't even remember any of the characters other than one of the protags being a Chink

I think Gundam Thunderbolt was a waste of time to adapt and they should've allocated the budget on a Crossbone Gundam OVA

I know toku is as much /m/ as anything with spaceships, if not more.

I think the only good shot Captain Harlock has to a good, modern adaptation can only be found in Americans and general white people these days, Japan has fucked up too much

I think SRW OG is fucking trash and a waste of time aside from Trombe
>>
>>13916000
Zeorymer (the anime) was fine for what it was and I liked it. I just wished that Masaki's sins hadn't just been swept under the rug because I did like his attempt at redemption.

Cyber City Oedo 808 is a better meme anime than MD Geist, but I love both.

And on that note, the only correct way to watch Cyber City is with the English dub and UK soundtrack.

The only reason people say Outlaw Star was good is because they forgot the last quarter.

Gundam X is the king of boring garbage anime.

There is nothing bad about Big O season two and it ended perfectly.

Rayearth became way less interesting once they actually got the Rune Gods and the finale to season one had the most useless robot animation and choreography I've seen in a long time.

ZOE animes > ZOE games
>>
>>13916201
Wow
>>
File: 1445660593165.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445660593165.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>13916000
Infinite Stratos novels are breddy good

Infinite Stratos anime is not as good, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

08th MS Team is amazing

Gundam Thunderbolt is crap. Nice OST; everything else is crap.

The Gundam: The Origin OVAs are shit

The Evangelion Rebuild movies are garbage, but, ironically enough, are the only good examples of CGI in anime not looking like garbage.

If you push pass the convoluted shit in Gundam Wing's plot, it's actually pretty decent. Nothing special, but worth the time and nothing more.

Ultraman > Kamen Rider > Super Sentai

Zeonic will one day release us from this hell

I refuse to purchase anything from RightStuf because they've fucked up a lot of other things they've touched, so why should I give them the satisfaction of making money on barebones Gundam releases

While I enjoyed both seasons of The Big O, I want it to be rebooted and whored out as a long running series. Same dub cast, too.

The "new" dub of Akira is the superior one.

Macek did what he had to do for the time. Robotech and Macross should be viewed as two separate properties, each with their own merits and downsides. Also, fuck HGUSA.

Not an unpopular opinion, but Fuck Haim Saban and Stu Levy . . . just thought I should throw that out there too.
>>
>>13916360
And while I'm at it:

I prefer Appleseed to Ghost in the Shell. GITS is good, but I think Appleseed is better, and am sickened by the treatment it has received compared to GITS.

I would not fuck a robot

The Cowboy Bebop BDs looked pretty good, but nowhere near as good as they should have.

0079 series > 0079 trilogy movies

I prefer to think of the UC as: Origin->0079/08thMSTeam/0080/igLoo->CDA/0083->Zeta/ZZ->CCA->Unicorn->Hathaway's Flash->Crossbone/F91 . . . the big thing here being CDA as part of what I think should be canon.
>>
Faiz is my favorite Kamen Rider show.

I'm enjoying IBO.

LoTGH is literally the most boring shit ever and I have no idea why people say it's the best anime ever.

ZOE2 is good, but massively overrated.

Schwarzesmarken is a good anime.

Seed wasn't that bad. Destiny can still go fuck itself though.

Char is a complete bitch and Amuro is way better of a character.

I hate Judau.
>>
every mazinger I've seen with the exception of Shin bores me to tears.

I judge getter entirely on the OVA's and enjoyed those quite a bit.

G-Portent is a beautiful mobile suit.

Modern Character designs are garbage 9/10 times

Zanscare suits are ugly and beam rudders are stupid.

All things considered G is probably my favorite gundam.

I like cats and dogs the same

My favorite tenchi girl is Sakuya (that's right from in tokyo).

Wo-class is the most attractive Kancolle ship

I am completely neutral about toku being /m/, god invented filters for a reason. Better yet Tokufags are nice enough to segregate into generals.

Kamille is my favorite UC Protagonist.
>>
>>13916390
>Faiz is my favorite

my amigo
>>
You're all wrong and should feel bad.
>>
>>13916458
Has it been subbed fully? Looked over on nyaa and only a handful were done.
>>
>>13916390
>seed wasnt that bad
>lotgh is boring shit
yup, it all comes together
>>
>Infinite Stratos novels are breddy good
>LNs
>good

>Infinite Stratos anime is not as good, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Ok

>08th MS Team is amazing
Ok

>Gundam Thunderbolt is crap. Nice OST; everything else is crap.
Get your eyes checked.

>The Gundam: The Origin OVAs are shit
Ok

>The Evangelion Rebuild movies are garbage, but, ironically enough, are the only good examples of CGI in anime not looking like garbage.
As expected of a retard that thinks Thunderbolt looks like crap

>If you push pass the convoluted shit in Gundam Wing's plot, it's actually pretty decent. Nothing special, but worth the time and nothing more.
Yes

>Ultraman > Kamen Rider > Super Sentai
Not /m/, so why bother?

>Zeonic will one day release us from this hell
Never ever

>I refuse to purchase anything from RightStuf because they've fucked up a lot of other things they've touched, so why should I give them the satisfaction of making money on barebones Gundam releases
Ok

>While I enjoyed both seasons of The Big O, I want it to be rebooted and whored out as a long running series. Same dub cast, too.
Is this unpopular or uncommon?

>The "new" dub of Akira is the superior one.
I agree

>Macek did what he had to do for the time. Robotech and Macross should be viewed as two separate properties, each with their own merits and downsides. Also, fuck HGUSA.
They are viewed separately, and Robotech is shit.

>Not an unpopular opinion, but Fuck Haim Saban and Stu Levy . . . just thought I should throw that out there too.

>I prefer Appleseed to Ghost in the Shell. GITS is good, but I think Appleseed is better, and am sickened by the treatment it has received compared to GITS.
I feel you
>>
>>13916390
I thought Char being a bitch was the point
I love the part in CCA where Amuro calls him pathetic, because it's what he is
A sad, pathetic, bitter loser who can't let go
>>
>>13916360
>I would not fuck a robot
As expected of a tokushitter

>The Cowboy Bebop BDs looked pretty good, but nowhere near as good as they should have.
Yeah

>0079 series > 0079 trilogy movies
Unpopular opinions thread, retard.

>I prefer to think of the UC as: Origin->0079/08thMSTeam/0080/igLoo->CDA/0083->Zeta/ZZ->CCA->Unicorn->Hathaway's Flash->Crossbone/F91 . . . the big thing here being CDA as part of what I think should be canon
Ok?
>>
>>13916466
TV-N did it all, but you should know about them and their general quality.
>>
>>13916157
I realised i probably have a few more shitty opinions to share.

8th MS team is fucking shit, most boring characters in the franchise (so far) and the plot isn't all that great either. Pretty good art and animation, but that's not enough.

I dropped G Gundam, gave it 12 episodes as was advised. I just don't think I like super robot in my gundam franchise. Didn't like a single design. It's a shame, i was enjoying the bullshit about the Devil Gundam and the OP was pretty nice, but that isn't enough

I hate Diebuster. I hate the way it panders to Gunbuster fans. Not the fact that it does in parts, but just how it goes about it on those parts. The ending of the first episode gave me some shit-tinted glasses for the next 5 episodes. Also it's fucking pathetic that the best moment is a throwback to the most emotional moment from Gunbuster.

I don't know how popular this opinion is, but 0079's finale hasn't been topped, at least by Z,ZZ, Victory. Always a little disappointing, getting to the end and just being slightly let down.
>>
I'm fucking sick and tired of UC Gundam.
Unicorn is one of the most pretentious anime I've ever seen
Gundam Wing isn't as terrible as people make it out to be
X is decent, but it has a lot of flaws in it, even before it got cancelled.
>>
How about this:

I watch something other than Gundam.
>>
>>13916560
>I hate they way Diebuster panders to Gunbuster fans
But of course
Correction: "I hate how they recycled the same ideas over and over".
>>
>>13916608
Ehh, they're just throwing references, I wouldn't exactly call that "recycling the same ideas".

And if you're saying that "well of course Diebuster panders to Gunbuster fans", as i said it's not about the fact they do it it's how they do it that repels me.
>>
Macross II was good and I don't really get why everyone shits all over it.
>>
I don't give a shit about Gundam anymore. I'll continue to appreciate the mechanical designs but I'm sick and tired of the same fucking concepts that have been rehashed incessantly since 19-fucking-79.
>>
>>13916000
>including Death Force

I'll defend the original until the day I die but what in the flying fuck do you see worthwhile in Death Force let alone great enough to be considered a classic? The soundtrack was great but that's really it.
>>
File: 1451071839334.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451071839334.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
I can't finish VOTOMS.
The first arc was great, Vietnam was a step down, but overall okay. The part stuck on the ship was dreadfully boring, and I can't handle Ypsilon. He's stuck in some undefined hell where I don't like him or dislike him, he's just an annoying, boring, unremarkable one note villain, which makes it worse.

Pacific Rim is one of my favorite movies ever.

I think Break Blade and Escaflowne are amazing and there should be more fantasy mecha.

I like IBO. That last episode was terrible.

I like the Eva Rebuild movies.

I like BFT. Gyanko and R-Gyagya are great.

I kind of like Aldnoah Zero for the most part. I had big problems with it and wouldn't recommend it, but there were things I liked. That show had no balls and Inaho somehow manages to have less personality than Rei from the Eva series.

I think Gundam Wing would be pretty good if Heero and Wufei weren't in it. Their Gundam designs sucked anyways.

I don't like Big O.

I hate late UC Newtype magic and Gundam protagonists that are UNDERSTANDING.

>>13916137
>I think toku is /m/, but spaceships are not.
I disagree, but I'd still hang out with you and play Battletech.
>>
>>13916755
Also I'm not trying to be insulting or anything. I sincerely hope you post something that gives me an entirely new perspective on Death Force.
>>
File: 1417387486502.jpg (88KB, 488x589px) Image search: [Google]
1417387486502.jpg
88KB, 488x589px
>>13916768
>That last episode was terrible
I've been saying that for the last 4 months

Ironically, for VOTOMS I actually found Vietnam to be a huge step up from the first arc. I agree the ship does kind of drag on a bit with Chirico being a shit. I do love that Red shoulders theme though
>>
>>13916360
Gundam: The Origin being shit is not an unpopular opinion, rather an established fact.
>>
>>13916137
>I like American shit. I've got Robot Jox and Pacific Rim on Blu Ray along with Robot Wars, Crash and Burn, Transformers G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Transformers: Animated, and Exo-Squad Season 1 on DVD.

And those American series are HEAVILY influenced, directly or indirectly by Japanese media.
>>
File: haman is incredulous.jpg (50KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
haman is incredulous.jpg
50KB, 960x720px
>>13916474
>That one guy who responds to someone else's unpopular opinions in an unpopular opinions thread

pathetic.
>>
File: COME ON BITCHES.png (693KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
COME ON BITCHES.png
693KB, 853x480px
I literally give no fucks about what is and isn't /m/ and I love threads about general Sci fi stuff in here like robocop and star wars.

I love gainax mecha series with the exception of Eva which I have not watched and I have no plans to

Most war drama/soap opera mecha stuff is trash. I had a hard time watching break blade and gundam 00 and I can't get into them or understand the appeal beyond the designs.

Cgi in anime is OK and so is traditional animation. They both look nice and have their place

I love the not quite /m/ stuff we talk about like power armor and robots the most.

/m/ needs a sticky and reorganization. Probably Not an unpopular opinion

There's a confusion between /m/ themes and /m/ subject matter. And sometimes it's hard and that's OK

/m/ stuff isn't dying out but it's definitely not the same as it was.

I am a filthy casual about /m/ stuff because I'll watch it intensely for a month and then slack off.

I have a hard time getting into alot of /m/ games, but I can play almost any non /m/ game for hours.

I love 80s /m/ stuff and see it as (mostly) flawless.
>>
>>13916773
I fucking love the catharsis from watching Krauser lose. He builds himself up and talks a big game, but in comes mother fucking geist to tear down everything he worked for.
Geist himself is still cool. He just does not give any fucks. I think it taps into something very primal. Like kicking a kids sand castle over, but on a huge scale. Vaiya is great too. I mean she's not exactly deep, but her reaction to seeing Geist again is great. No more pussyfooting or seduction, just "OH FUCK IT'S GEIST, KILL HIM ALREADY OT WE'RE FUCKED"
I like the world too. Again, it's not complex or fleshed out, but it works because of its simplicity. Death is around every corner, always hunting. I love the scene where the scavengers get jumped by the Death Force. I think that the barbaric simplicity of it all leaves a lot to the imagination. I could see all kinds of stories happening on Jerra.
I can see how someone could dislike the animation towards the end, where it all turns into sepia still frames, but I don't mind it. There's a dramatic tension to it as Krauser slowly had everything he loved taken from him, and you see him get dragged down from his god complex.
>>
I don't get the hate for Aquarion Evol. I liked genesis and Evol both. Genesis had bad cgi but Evol improved on it a lot. On the contrast, Aquarion Logos is one of the most boring shows ever made.

All Zeon MS have retarded names. It's like they asked a 2 year old to make random noises.

Toku is /m/. Doesn't mean I give a shit about it.

All sci-fi vehicles are welcome in /m/. Posting spaceships is definitely more /m/ than arquing about characters.

Fucking street sign captcha is broken
>>
I don't think toku is /m/. Nor are space ships.

I think half the people who post about Gundam never actually were alive when the original shows were airing and are just hipsters sucking off the franchise. The only good show was 08th MS Team in my eyes.

I think Tomino is a hack and people only mention him for the sake of being dank memesters

I think Anno is also a hack

I think Evangelion is honest to God trash with only a good soundtrack going for it and everyone who praises it just wants weeb cred. Watch RahXephon instead you niggers.

I think Xabungle is the greatest mecha anime of all time. Yes, I know Tomino worked on Xabungle. Even hacks can come up with one good thing.
>>
I enjoy G Reco and IBO.

G Gundam is the best series in the franchise.
>>
I liked all of Gundam 00 equally and think of it as a complete story rather than in parts.
>>
File: 1393294675580.jpg (40KB, 353x357px) Image search: [Google]
1393294675580.jpg
40KB, 353x357px
I love it but Transformers G1 kinda sucks.

Robotech was a pretty decent adaptation at the time ("at the time" being the key words here).

Sort of relating to the above, I like a lot of Macek's Streamline era dubs.

Macross II is good and Frontier is average.

Patlabor WXIII is an excellent movie and I have no complaints about how it handled the SV2's appearance.

PS1 Armored Core games have great controls.

The Cybuster anime isn't that bad.
>>
I generally think all Gundam shows are okay. Some I'd never watch again, but that's just a matter of taste.
>>
>>13917686

>half the people who post about Gundam never actually were alive when the original shows were airing

Is that a requirement for liking something? Man, it must be hard limiting your interests to things that only came into existence after you did.
>>
>>13917850
Nice cherry-picking. The entire sentence was me calling them hipsters and just sucking off the franchise for cred.
>>
>>13917884
so you're saying they're into gundam to seem knowledgeable about mecha? what kind of bizzaro universe do you live in, its evangelion that people do this with.
>>
>>13917916
It's always Gundam or Evangelion, but Evangelion is typically just for anime in general.

I'm also an old fart who was already into anime well before Evangelion existed, so I may be just mixing up past actions with present ones.
>>
File: saylacute.jpg (242KB, 580x800px) Image search: [Google]
saylacute.jpg
242KB, 580x800px
I was only into Gundam for the girls at first due to my first experience being a sight of Sayla in her pilot suit.
Same can apply for the first Yamato with Yuki. 2199 only made it better.

I judge certain mecha shows based on the amount of pilot girls being screened.
>>
File: godannar-dvd.jpg (109KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
godannar-dvd.jpg
109KB, 300x427px
>>13917933
I'm going to assume that this guy loves Godannar.
>>
File: 1404084825044.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1404084825044.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
>>13917960
If I bothered to watch it, maybe.

There always comes a point where you can't just like any girl pilot you see, and you end up developing your own standards as to what makes a good one.
In my case, I tend to prefer underrated pilots with great overall designs and lots of personality.
>>
The more phalic a spaceship is, the more powerful.
>>
Doctor Who is /m/.
>>
>>13918027
Who?
>>
>>13916000
SD Gundam Force is cute and funny and the Zakos deserve their own spinoff series.
>>
>>13917922
>I'm also an old fart who was already into anime well before Evangelion existed
I think it's time to get off the internet, gramps
>>
>>13917960
>>13917978
I don't really like the over-the-top style of girls Goddanar uses. Love big tits, love jiggle, but there's a point where it gets too big or too jiggly and just gets disgusting.

Part of why I'm not a big fan of Aya, too. Aside from I just don't like her short hair and she doesn't leave much impression on me for personality, her high-cut leotard alongside all the other, full body pilot suits just makes me question her sanity.
>>
>>13918074
Never noticed it in Godannar to be completely honest with you
>>
>>13916360
>The "new" dub of Akira is the superior one.

This is unpopular?
As a general rule, most people I've talked to will admit the newer dub is generally better. Even if not for casting, at the very least for having a less nonsensical script.

The old dub's appeal is mainly for the nostalgia value. That's about it.
>>
I like New Getter Robo more than Armageddon
I'm not entirely fond of Shin Mazinger Z
Toku and capeshit are the same shit and both are /m/ if they involve robots or some kind of mechanical armor
I don't get why Garo is allowed
Gundam Wing is boring
I think Kamen Rider Kabuto is boring but not as boring as Wizard
Turn A Gundam is my favorite Gundam series
Gunbuster is my favorite anime in general
I didn't care for Evangelion
>>
>>13918074
Her high-cut leotard should leave a strong impression on you though.

or at least on her mound.
>>
>>13916000
Is there a single high-res version of this image on the Internet, because I want it
>>
>>13916160
Just about every Showa Rider was a cyborg
>>13916186
Don't forget Fourze's Power Dizer and the giant mech they had in his summer movie.
>>
File: Geist2.jpg (2MB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Geist2.jpg
2MB, 1365x2048px
>>13919186
Sadly none that I can find
>>
>>13916212
>Gundam X is the king of boring garbage anime.

OP said UNPOPULAR opinions
>>
Busou Shinki is /m/ despite /m/ Shinki threads getting swept under the rug for some reason
I enjoyed Titanfall despite everyone's unending hatred for it or claiming it's not /m/ because "le developers said so"
I enjoyed Captain Earth even while agreeing that it had too many bad guys for the plot.
I enjoyed Goseiger and cannot hate it as it was what got me into Toku
I enjoyed Ninninger despite everyone's growing hatred of it
I hated Kabuto so much I couldn't make it past episode 1 (suits are still sexy as hell though).
Nobunaga the Fool > Nobunagun
Hibiki and Kirika are best girls
>>
>>13917686
If you think 8th MS is the only good one, I can see how you'd reach that sweeping conclusion about the hipsters. And while you have a point that those hipsters do certainly exist, I think that, because you don't think the original was good, you find it difficult to accept that younger people can legitimately like it.
>>
say what you will about the actual show but g-reco has amazing mech and character design and is the prettiest gundam series since turn a
>>
>>13919431
I don't agree with most everything that guy said and i think 08th MS is the best Gundam OVA
>>
>>13919766
I'm not making a statement on 8th MS fans (althought i certainly do have some negative sentiments towards 8th MS). Don't really know how to re-explain myself, so maybe read my post again (no offense). It's more about the fact that he doesn't like any of the other series', rather than what he likes.
>>
>>13917686
>I think half the people who post about Gundam never actually were alive when the original shows were airing

That's a really stupid statement because even if they were alive back then it's not like most people here would be able to watch them anyway. Most of Gundam became available to the west in the 2000s. Furthermore why does someone have to be alive back in 79 to appreciate the original series let alone have a valid opinion on it?
>>
>>13919203
That's the happiest Geist I've ever seen.
>>
>>13919936
Geist is always happy
He gets to do what he loves for a living: murder
Gotta admire him for that
>>
>>13919936
Dunno man he looked like a kid in a candy shop after he activated the death force.
>>
>>13919797
I got your point i was just putting it out there that i liked 08th
>>
File: captain-earth-4-650x365.jpg (58KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
captain-earth-4-650x365.jpg
58KB, 650x365px
I loved captain earth and star driver
>>
I don't mind the vast majority of shows /m/ flings shit about. A few notable exceptions aside, of course.

I like the old 70s MotW style and would absolutely fucking love if it came back, even if just for one show.

Toei Mazinger and Getter aren't so bad.

Any thread that comes up about Gundam I automatically ignore unless it looks like something interesting might be going on inside it, because people felliate that franchise far too much.

Speaking of Gundam, 00 was good overall, not just S1, and the movie was particularly interesting in how the ELS were. Also absolutely fucking no one on /m/ actually understands S2, most of the central themes of that show, and what Celestial Being's actual purpose was after S1, which annoys me to no end.

DYRL is strictly worse than SDF, because well animated shitty adaptations are far worse than poorly animated good stuff those adaptations are based on.
>>
Gunbuster is trash
Zeta is trash
0080 is very boring
UC gundam is fucking stupid
Eva is a great piece of television
I don't care about toku at all
Birdy Decode is well animated for a tv series
>>
>>13920717
Careful, you might trigger someone with those spicy opinions.
>>
>>13916768
Liking Gyanko isn´t an unpopular opinion at all.
>>
>>13920186

my nigga
>>
>>13916768
>late UC Newtype magic
But that's a lot more prevalent in early UC
>>
08th MS Team is trash for 2 reasons:

1) Shitto Amada;
2) the school of Ground Gundams

1) Amada is the embodiment of what little kids, who just recently discovered girls, think fighting in a war would be like. He was a real danger to his own subordinates---putting their lives on the line because he wanted to 'save' the fucking enemy. He is the prototype UNDERSTANDING character that has now become the cancer of Gundam.

Anytime someone is talking about how this show is the tit of god or something because of how "gritty" it is, just of Shitto Amada and it becomes clear that "gritty" is hard to justify in 8th MS team.

2) Get rid of the ground gundams and replace them all with GM Grounds. (Ok, maybe one Ground Gundam for the MC). The Ground GMs are lightyears cooler and make more sense in light of 0079. (For the record, EZ8 is legit).
>>
>>13916201
>I think Gundam Thunderbolt was a waste of time to adapt and they should've allocated the budget on a Crossbone Gundam OVA
Don't think I've ever agreed and disagreed with one statement so simultaneously
>>
>>13916360
>Gundam Thunderbolt is crap. Nice OST; everything else is crap.
what OST
there's like one super simple and shitty jazz track
>>
>>13916000
Gundam Unicorn Episode 4 is just a shameless money grab, mindless butchering episode. Yet it's hailed as the best thing since sliced bread by the production team.

Amuro is an autistic Hiki.

Zeon girls have the best tits.
>>
>>13916768
I'm sad that you don't like VOTOMS because we pretty much have the same opinions on everything else. Just, one day, if you're bored out of your mind and have nothing else to do, you should try to finish it.
>>
Gundam is the best anime franchise ever. It's well-written and the animation looks better than higher budget stuff like Akira, Royal Space Force, etc.

U.C., alternate universe, spin-off mangas, novels etc. It's all better than anything else. I don't give a fuck if it's written by Tomino or not.

Seed Destiny was great and I honestly enjoyed it more than any non-mecha anime I've ever seen.

Come at me, faggots.
>>
I enjoyed Gundam Unicorn, but only when I turned my brain off.
The last episode is really good.
>>
The 0079 movies are inferior to the show because they don't portray the passage of time as well.

I didn't dislike any characters in Zeta.

F91 is one of my favorite gundam works.

Victory is tripe.
>>
File: fuck these kids.png (982KB, 920x672px) Image search: [Google]
fuck these kids.png
982KB, 920x672px
>>13922737
Okay, the second one was false.
>>
>>13917933
>>13917978
>>13918074
You're alright.
>>
>>13916000

Episode 18-26 of Gundam Wing is the best of the non Tomino directed Gundam shows. ( Not that that excuses the poor first and last ten episodes).

Gasaraki had a great ending

G-Reco mostly makes sense.

The only thing better about the 80s Bubblegum Crisis than the 90s one is the music,art, and animation.
>>
File: 1454911015825.jpg (33KB, 318x389px) Image search: [Google]
1454911015825.jpg
33KB, 318x389px
Here's some hot opinions right off the press:
I think Code Geass and Eureka 7 would be pretty great if you just took out the super powers and aliens and left everything else.

I also think that IGPX and it's EVA dub are near perfect.

Voltron is shit and is just riding off of nostalgia of the 80's.

Western is just as good as Eastern mecha. Fite me, bitches.

>>13922372
I like you, you seem pretty cool.

And I like VOTOMS, I liked what I've seen so far. I just can't get excited about continuing. The pacing is just really poor at points and I feel like they keep hitting the same notes for too long, if that makes sense.

I forgot what episode I was on, it was right after saving the angry woman in the desert, I think.
>>
>>13916000
>unpopular
>>
I wish Gundam would go away for good.
>>
>>13920717
>Eva is a great piece of television
>Unpopular
>>
>>13923122
>music,art, and animation.

i.e. everything good about it ;) and it's still better than the 90s one just based on that (I realize this isn't an unpopular opinion tho)
>>
File: DONOTTALKTOSPIES.jpg (77KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
DONOTTALKTOSPIES.jpg
77KB, 500x362px
>>13922929
They're not even close to the worst Zeta characters.
>>
>>13923600
I see it get trashed here all of the time
>>
>>13922737
I haven't seen Victory but i agree with your other points
>>
File: anime-review-dallos-L-Hydgy1.jpg (13KB, 315x237px) Image search: [Google]
anime-review-dallos-L-Hydgy1.jpg
13KB, 315x237px
Turn A gundam is tomino's most overrated Show, though I still thought it was decent.

I don't care for patlabor that much, but early days and movie II are good.

Votoms is best real robot show

Akito the exiled is better than the show itself

Macross 1 isn't even the best in the series.

Gundam seed is better than Wing and IBO
>>
While still pretty good, Zeta is an inconsistent clusterfuck that does not deserve all the praise it gets.

ZZ>Zeta

I like IBO

Wing is pretty bad and only nostalgia fags will argue.

00 season 2 is good

Pacific Rim is good for a Hollywood blockbuster
>>
>>13927516
I thought we all loved Pacific Rim.
>>
File: logo.jpg (14KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
14KB, 400x225px
>>13927665
I think most of /m/ does, but I remember the jobbing that went on and then LETS BUILD A WALL being sore points.
>>
>>13927680
Well, "LET'S BUILD A WALL" was a fucking retarded plot point.
Other than that, your opinion ain't unpopular at all, rightfully so.
>>
I'm not liking Gundam like I used to. And I don't even mean newer stuff, I mean even the things I previously enjoyed. Same for a lot of /m/ shows.

I think being chronically depressed is making it harder to find joy in stuff like I used to.
>>
>>13927995
Anon you should go see a doctor.
>>
>>13916000
/m/ is pretty much ok despite plagued by shitposting

Gundam Unicorn would had been much better if Banana was happened to be a random kid than child of Vist Family

G-Reco's ending could had been more satisfactory.It was fun watching normies not to get even simplest of things.
>>
File: weg-knt.png (684KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
weg-knt.png
684KB, 1100x500px
I think Teyandee is just as good as Pizza Cats.
>>
>>13929167
I don't think anyone will contest that much as soon as DigitalShokunin/Felineki gets finished.
>>13925856
>>
>>13916000
I liked Go Onger.
>>
This is actually just a popular opinions thread, isn't it?
>>
>>13929251
It's a hugbox thread.
>>
Gunbuster is the worst anime I have ever seen.
>>
>>13929286
It's hugely overrated, but you haven't seen much anime if that's THE worst you've seen. So I don't know why you think anyone should care or be shocked that Gunbuster is the worst of the 50 anime you've seen.
>>
>>13929687
It is complete shit. And no, I don't watch hundreds of trash shows like every /a/spie Anno dicksucker that likes Gunbuster.
>>
I'm 9 episodes into VOTOMS. I don't like it.
>>
>>13916560
>0079's finale hasn't been topped
Damn straight it hasn't, particularly the movie version.
>>
I liked Gundam AGE. It wasn't great by any means but it was a decent way to burn a half hour while at work.

I liked Try. I also want to bury my face into Gyanko's tits but that's probably not unpopular.

I think Zeta is boring.

I don't give a fucking shit about "hax" I just want to be entertained.

Likewise, I don't give a fuck about the difference between Real and Super Robot.

I get mildly irritated whenever people call RahXephon an "Evangelion ripoff"

I like both Rah and Eva.

Shit, while we're talking about Eva, I don't get the hate for Shinji.

Probably not unpopular but there needs to be more hentai doujins with Dominatrix Rei look I'm just throwing this out there

ZZ Gundam is a mess, but endearingly so.

I can't get angry about Bayformers. It's just like, do you expect the movies to suddenly 180 in quality? It's fucking Michael Bay. No use in getting angry.

I like what other people do with Go Nagai's creations instead of what Go Nagai himself does with it. (e.g. Shin Mazinger something something Impact)

G-Reco was unnecessary. Turn A was perfect as Tomino's 'last word' on Gundam.

>>13927995
>>13928139
Seconded. I've been there. Depression sucks. But don't go see a general practitioner, they'll probably just write you a prescription and forget about it. See a mental health specialist, they'll give more of a fuck in figuring out what's wrong.
>>
>>13930022
I don't care if it's a ripoff of a white snake song, I love the ending theme. It's so perfect.

Lalahs death is one of the saddest moments in Gundam to me.
>I've done something awful, I can never make right
>>
>>13930155
>white snake song
King Crimson, you uncultured swine

just kidding everyone makes mistakes and I never listened to them before I heard that Begininngs was a Lizard ripoff

Re: Lalah's death, I've seen that line interpreted in so many different ways, but the one that always stuck with me was
>I've done something I can never take back...!
probably from Federation vs. Zeon DX or something, but Brad Swalie's reading of that line is forever ingrained in my memory.
>>
>>13916000
i like newtype bullshit
>>
giant robots that aren't sentient are fucking stupid.
>>
File: $1456108698571.jpg (69KB, 353x810px) Image search: [Google]
$1456108698571.jpg
69KB, 353x810px
okay:

8th ms team is complete shit and the worst UC show after unicorn. Nothing happens, characters are all pathetic and the plot is beyond banal.

MG IGLOO is the best UC show.

G-Reco has shit pacing, but is otherwise as good as early Tomino.

Origin is shit. Muh edgelord Char. Muh magic twins.

ZZ is the strongest, coolest UC mech.

Gunbuster is the ultimate and best mecha show of all time. Patlabor in second place.

Big O is overrated, pretentious garbage. So is Rahxephon.

Star Driver is a masterpiece.

All 80-90 animated SCIFI is /m/: (weeb website's MECHAnics board)
>>
>>13922929
Did Sunrise force Tomino to add them? They did have any plot significance and it was really weird when char just brought them aboard the ship with no explanation.
>>
>>13927665
I didn't like it, but I saw it before getting into /m/ stuff.
>>
>>13930822
Possibly. Shoving in kids regardless of the context was a big 80s trend.
>>
>>13930746
>Muh magic twins.
what
>>
>>13930746
>G-Reco has shit pacing, but is otherwise as good as early Tomino.
The OP said unpopular
>>
I like things
>>
>>13932058
Get the fuck out
>>
I thought that the final two episodes of Genocyber had interesting world building.
>>
Macross II is way better than any other installment that came afterwards, except for Plus of course.
>>
>>13932378
You might be right
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.