[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would anyone else like to see a visually updated version of past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 13

File: Gundamu0079u.jpg (831KB, 914x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Gundamu0079u.jpg
831KB, 914x1280px
Would anyone else like to see a visually updated version of past UC series (0079, Zeta, ZZ, CCA etc) rather then the constant grind of new series?

Origin doesn't count, the original series as first portrayed with new animation is what I mean
>>
Yes. I want to see 1979's concept of what computers look like in modern HD drawings. And backed by 70s synth music re-recorded in modern studios, while we're at it.
>>
>>13908899

No, because that would show that Gundam is creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>13908899
I'm down for 0083: Rebellion and Beltorchika's Children getting animated.
0083 had a shit ton of issues that are lessened by Rebellion, and i think Tomino would be totally understanding of a Beltorchika's Children movie/OVA, as that is what he really wanted anyway.
>>
>>13908899
>origin
>muh extended backstory
>muh super serious drama
>muh zaku variants
I am still pissed about how it turned out.
>>
I'd like to see some series that are not Gundam. Too bad there is no such thing.
>>
>>13908944
Read the manga you faggot.
>>
>>13908899
>Would anyone else like to see a visually updated version of past UC series (0079, Zeta, ZZ, CCA etc) rather then the constant grind of new series?

No. 10000 time no. We need new ideas, not redoing the same fucking zeon wankfest for all eternity.
>>
>>13908978
.....How the fuck is watching Amuro slaughter Zaku's a zeon wankfest?

Besides it's a great way to introduce a new generation to the franchise. Would sell more gunpla kits of an already huge selection.
>>
>>13908990

Because it's the same fucking story trodden into the earth's core, and it'll only make people worship Zeon even more than they already do.
>>
>>13908997
Alright this confirms you zeon wank posters either have autism or brain damage.
>>
>>13908936
>Muh principles
fuck you I want a MSG remake tweaked only slightly to fit how the show developed afterwards and the MS all look like the Real Grades.
>>
>>13908942
>0083: Rebellion and Beltorchika's Children
That's pretty much all I'd care for as far as straight up remakes go, and it's not like either case is needing improved animation.

Zeta and ZZ I could take or leave, however I would like see a side story set during the ZZ era (why has this not happened yet?) that does a less jarring job of following characters from that time period up until the fall of Haman and Glemy's factions.
>>
>>13909041
>ZZ Side Story

Completely agree, this is a really rich period of history that should have side stories out the ass.

Especially since the main story was complete shit
>>
>>13908990
>Besides it's a great way to introduce a new generation to the franchise. Would sell more gunpla kits of an already huge selection.

You're projecting your desires on an entire generation of kids. What makes you think little kids/girls today would give a damn about space colonies fighting for their independence ? If Sunrise wants to save Gundam it has to continue what they did with Build Fighters. A show that appeals to kids and is good (and has references that can be enjoyed by grown ups that have seen the old titles in the franchise). Then Sunrise derailed with Try and went up the wazoo with IBO. Get back to the basics, Build Fighters on steroids. That's how you get the little kids and a new generation of potential gundam fans.
>>
>>13909004

You serious?

You know how many people will lap up yet more fucking Zaku kits, and how many people will be 'inspired' to make more fucking stories where Zeon doesn't have the balls to piss off forever?

That is Zeonwank - it's not showing that Zeon wins or was 'right', because with the exception of Zeta, the debatable exception of 0083 and the shrug that is the dilemma around Laplace's Box, that never happens. It's not letting go of Zeon, period. Yeah, I get it, Early UC is burned into the popular consciousness of the people like nuclear shadows in Hiroshima, but there's no difference. Early UC has become one giant back and forth of the same shit, never endeavoring to try anything new, always content to retread the same tired ground again and again and again, even after CCA originally set an expiry date for the fucking Space Nazis. Remnants this, remnants that, hidden units and sidestories and regurgitated shit left right and center, and you're advocating the propagation of more of that by suggesting the old shows are remade?
>>
File: 16 (1).jpg (198KB, 728x1116px) Image search: [Google]
16 (1).jpg
198KB, 728x1116px
I want to see an anime of the early mobile suit development at zeon complete with the scene where prototype zaku picks up a cow lmao
>>
>>13909054
I'll agree with you on Build Fighters. Maybe I was projecting a little, but I still don't see the harm in remaking 0079 and CCA and such. But in movie format

Having a reference for new fans couldn't hurt right? For Zeta a New Translation was on the right track, though I admit I couldn't handle the cuts from original animation to new. Felt pretty uncomfortable to watch.

Cutting ZZ into a movie could be a crap shoot too with the first half. But you have to agree watching those sexy suits in new animation would be amazing.

I'm glad your more reasonable then this guy who takes his zeon hate to heart >>13909056
>>
>>13909084

Yeah, that's a good rebuttal, champ.

>remake CCA

>in movie format

Also, durr.

Also also, we have movies of 0079 already.
>>
File: 15 (1).jpg (228KB, 728x1116px) Image search: [Google]
15 (1).jpg
228KB, 728x1116px
>>13909059
>>
>>13909095
You do realize we're talking about remaking with UPDATED animation, right?
>>
>>13909104

Why the fuck is that even necessary, outside of proving to everyone else in the anime industry that you're reaching for ideas even more than those studios that pump out shitty harem comedies every year and making old animation look pretty?
>>
>>13909104
>with UPDATED animation
Why would we need that?
>>
>>13909084
I just wanna see Jaburo with GM [G]s, Doms actually killing things, hints at continuity with side stories, and GELGOOGS. Seriously, there are not enough animated Gelgoogs in any form.
>>
>>13908899
While I wouldn't get anything out of it, it would be the best way to bring in more fans. I can't list how many people I've introduced 1979 Gundam to just to have them go home and watch Seed or 00 or IBO because they "look better."
>>
>>13909117
>MUH PRINCIPLES
you sound like a zeek

name even one reason you don't want MSG to have less quality and better continuity.
>>
>>13909122
See

>>13909130

There's no harm in it I can see. Gives old fans a breath of fresh air and the new fans a reason to look at the franchises roots.
>>
>>13908936
>No, because that would show that Gundam is creatively bankrupt.
I thought that was AGE, Origin, and IBO?
>>
>>13909143
>Gives old fans a breath of fresh air

Literally giving the old shit a shiny coat of distracting animated paint and changing nothing constitutes a 'breath of fresh air'?
>>
>>13909150
Does restoring a classic car from a rusty pile of shit to great condition not give it a breath of fresh air?
>>
>>13909130
>I can't list how many people I've introduced 1979 Gundam to just to have them go home and watch Seed or 00 or IBO because they "look better."
Even if you went with updated animation, I imagine a lot of people would still be put off by the goofy character designs.
>>
>>13909150
If just watching 1979 Gundam over again is taking the same air through a rebreather, yes
>>
>>13909142

Because if there's anything that Gundam needs, it's something that is actually new and competent, not shit can essentially be done by releasing another G Generation game.

Clearly Sunrise themselves don't see a pressing need to drag 0079 kicking and screaming into the new age and make it look pretty and shove it in front of drooling hordes to rake in cash. They're cheap enough most of the time but at least their cheapness has standards.
>>
>>13909162
That's never been a problem.
>>
>>13909130
They'd find something else to complain about, they're ADD ridden kids from the smartphone generation, they're fucked up.
>>
>>13909159

Yes, because restoring a car and bring it up to date involves things being removed and changed in the process.

What you are suggesting apparently amounts to a cel-for-cel remake with nothing that's any different from 37 years ago except for animation quality.
>>
>>13909169
Yes, release a G-gen game, something I will never benefit from. How exactly does SD garbage give me reanimated episodes?
>>
>>13908899
If they ever even attempt some kinda franken mash up of such distinct art styles like the Zeta movies did again I would become a supervillain and sink Japan into the sea.
>>
>>13909195

Because it readily provides a way for people to relive the 'magic' of 0079 all over again by visiting familiar setpieces, without wastefully remaking cels with cruddy CGI, this time with added suits for the Gunota crowd. It's flawless, really.
>>
>>13909177
Except thats not always a requirement for restoration. It's a decision the mechanic makes.

Although I wouldn't be put off by a cel-for-cel remake, in reality that would be impossible.

Liberties would be taken here and there, scenes added and cut and so forth. Which isn't a huge deal, what matters is opening a way for new fans to see the roots. Not be put off immediately by the dated animation.

Is there something inherently wrong with that?
>>
>>13909204
If I wanted that I'd play Gihren's Greed.
>>
>>13909210
Then that isn't 'the original series as first portrayed' as OP requested, is it?

For that to work, they'd want a new score. They'd want Origin level cockpits. Suits being more mobile in battle. The flow of scenes would need to be tweaked because there were a lot of long pauses and repetitive (if not outright stock) footage. And if they're going to go to all this trouble then yes, they will add the suits they've retconned in over the years because kits is how they make the money.

And you're right back at Origin.
>>
>>13909210
>Is there something inherently wrong with that?

Aside from it being a total waste of time, productivity and resources that could be used to get Gundam out of its rut without coming across as horribly desperate and cash-thirsty, no, I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

>a way for new fans to see the roots

They see the fucking roots every time they stare at their goddamn life-size RX-78 statue, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>13909216

Well there you go, play that as well. Another reason for this to not exist ever.
>>
>>13909227
Do tell me how to get Gundam out of it's rut.
>>
>>13909237
Drag it behind the shed and put a bullet in its head.
>>
>>13909237

Well, employing individuals who are passionate about what they're working on, are competent enough to operate without sharing brain cells and who are actually willing to try something new with a franchise that is showing its age as opposed to shameless regurgitation while generally being smart enough about it tends to help a ton.

I seem to recall 00 did a fine enough job of that for the most part, even with S2's hiccups.
>>
>>13909210
Oh no, people might have to watch a show that wasn't made in the past 5 years
>>
>>13909227
I'm sure glad I looked at that statue. Now I know all there is to know about Gundam
>>
>>13909252
Admirable, but too close to wishful thinking I'd say. Considering how the Japs are.

I mean your right about 00, S1 in particular.
>>
>>13909225
The only way you'd end up with Origin is if you animated origin. It is an AU for a reason, shit happens differently and the suit lineage is different too. I don't want origin. Yas is a hack.
>>
>>13909260

Yeah, pretty much. Gundam is a franchise founded on squeezing multicolored samurai robots fighting space Nazis out for as long as it can in as many forms as it can. It just so happens that Early UC has lasted the longest in that regard.
>>
>>13909268
>>13909253
What you want isn't a viable product.

Most of the world isn't 4chan.

Most of 4chan isn't /m/.

People willing to stomach 37-year-old animation of some japanese kid's show are a distinct and aging minority.
>>
>>13909253
You say that as a joke, but I'm in college right now and that's actually how everyone is around me. It's rare to find someone interested in stuff from more that 5 years ago that isn't nostalgic for them. I've honestly had people say they won't watch something as popular as Eva because "it looks too old." It's kind of surreal.
>>
>>13909275
So it should make sense to reanimate it. Nigga, I just want A Baoa Qu to be the visual spectacular it deserves to be.
>>
>>13909281

Yeah, that exists, it's called fucking Encounters In Space.
>>
>>13909295
Yeah because the PS2 can give justice to the clusterfuck that is A Baoa Qu.
>>
>>13909301

The movie, dude.

Fucking really?
>>
>>13908899
I thought they did do an updated version of 0079. Wasn't it called SEED?
>>
>>13909306
Nice back-peddle. Various pink explosions don't do it.

The opening of 0081 was good for it, but short.
>>
>>13909312
I didn't know SEED had Gelgoogs
>>
>>13909318

What fucking backpedal? Are you that ignorant that you don't know the name of 0079's third film, and you're the guy who's bleating about wanting it remade?

I thought it would be obvious to someone as deeply obsessed with the original show as yourself.
>>
>>13909322
Or Bigros.
>>
>>13909318
He didn't backpedal, dipshit. A few animated shorts showing historic scenes would be cool but no need to remake the series. It's fine as it is.
>>
>>13909325
Alright I made a mistake. My bad. Still doesn't discredit a reshowing of that battle. As I'm sure it would show new scenes. Since no remake is safe from those, as I mentioned before.
>>
File: 1435090067627.gif (886KB, 407x300px) Image search: [Google]
1435090067627.gif
886KB, 407x300px
>>13908899
Nah. People shit on 079's animation because of QUALITY but it gave a great payoff to some really great fight choreography I have yet to see topped in the franchise. Updating the animation to something modern would get rid of the loads of animation errors but also probably take away great moments like this.
>>
>>13909351
>As I'm sure it would show new scenes.

What, more ships exploding?

If I wanted a smorgasbord of random vessels cracking apart like eggs replete with pink explosions, I'd watch the first episode of Origin. If I wanted senseless explosions in general for the ostensible purpose of illustrating that the battle is a 'clusterfuck', I'd watch a Bay film.
>>
>>13909385
To each his own then.
>>
>>13909392

Well, good to see that I hit the nail on the head, in any case.
>>
>>13909371
Bluray
>>
>>13909405
One of the few times a Zaku II Commander not in special snowflake ACE PILOTU's custom colors
>>
>>13909294
>puts down
Certainly the translators could have found a decent English onomatopoeia for the sound of a giant robot placing a cow on the back of a truck.
>>
>>13909443
Ok how the fuck did that happen? Meant for >>13909059
>>
File: zaku-push.gif (695KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
zaku-push.gif
695KB, 460x345px
>>13909405
>its a zaku does something derpy episode

which was pretty much every episode
>>
>>13908899
Anon, when, EVER, in the history of anime, has a series EVER looked better the second time around? I don't mean OVAs that act as completely different reinterpretations of the manga (Mazinkaiser, Tetsujin, or anything originally adapted by Toei that later wasn't), I mean when has a remake anime ever looked better?
It hasn't.
It never will.
Fuck you.
Fuck you.
>>
>>13909889
Shin Mazinger Z-hen.
Full Metal Alchemist.
>>
>>13909898
>Shin Mazinger Z-hen.
>>I don't mean OVAs that act as completely different reinterpretations of the manga (Mazinkaiser,
You can't even read
>Full Metal Alchemist.
hurr durr how do I colors, character design, choreography, or animation
>>
People are reluctant to do a 100% identical remake with updated animation and recast because they don't want the original production to lose its value in the industry.

Just like Modern Planet of the Apes is no substitute for the original set of films.

Yamato 2199 is different from Yamato in 1974.
>>
>>13909889
Subsequent Osomatsus.
>>
>>13909912
>sequels
>>
>>13909917
>Hellsing Ultimate
>good
>>
>>13909906
>Shin Mazinger
>OVA
Are you retar-

>he thinks I'm talking about the first FMA anime
>he's complaing about colorful character designs in a 0079 thread
Oh, ok. You are.
>>
>>13909920
2 is a remake.
Gegege no Kitaro is an okay example.
>jerkily animated
>gets color
>animated but unappealing
>well-animated and good art style
Then 2007 series looked like ass.
>>
>>13909927
>>Shin Mazinger
>>OVA
I'm sorry for not assuming you're a literal fucking retard anon, I didn't think there would be anyone stupid enough to blatanly misread my post to such an extent that a normal person could only recreate the same misinterpretation by bashing their head against the wall until they were dead.
>>he thinks I'm talking about the first FMA anime
Fucking kill yourself you underage shitposter. Why don't you suck off Zeta in a spambot thread?
>>
File: 1455070969136.jpg (51KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1455070969136.jpg
51KB, 514x536px
>>13909946
>all these moving goalposts and baseless assumptions
>>
>>13909954
>>all these moving goalposts and baseless assumptions
No anon, fucking kill yourself. I'm dead serious.
>Tetsujin
>OVA
Stab yourself in the fucking throat over and over and over until your mom needs to call the fire department to get the blood off her walls.
>>
File: 1453480073647.jpg (162KB, 959x721px) Image search: [Google]
1453480073647.jpg
162KB, 959x721px
>>13909970
Nobody has mentioned Tetsujin but you, dear. I feel sorry for your parents. They have to try to communicate with your crippled mind on a regular basis.
>>
>>13909979
>Nobody has mentioned Tetsujin but you, dear.
>>13909889
I don't mean OVAs that act as completely different reinterpretations of the manga (Mazinkaiser, Tetsujin, or anything originally adapted by Toei that later wasn't), I mean when has a remake anime ever looked better?

Why haven't you killed yourself yet you fucking spic?
>>
>>13909984
Even if that's someone else than you that you just failed to quote, it's clearly not me. It's the person I was arguing with. You're so mad you can't even think straight. I kindly advise you to take a break from 4chan, and go out for some fresh air.
>>
>>13909054
So, are there any numbers confirming BF did much for getting kids into Gundam?
As it is, it seems like it runs the same risk as most AUs do - it hooks the kids for one series, then they lose interest in the rest for not being like that series was.

Everything have seen/heard seems to suggest it was less a great gateway drug and more proof that even Gundam fans can be revitalized with the right types of fanservice.
>>
>>13908899
I want more UC not a literal remake
>>
Instead, how about a Gaia Gear anime?
>>
File: You are this stupid.png (25KB, 1459x245px) Image search: [Google]
You are this stupid.png
25KB, 1459x245px
>>
File: Cb27c3HUMAAWzYd.jpg large.jpg (57KB, 658x987px) Image search: [Google]
Cb27c3HUMAAWzYd.jpg large.jpg
57KB, 658x987px
>>
>>13908961
there is literally no way to read the manga without shelling out hundreds of dollars for the poorly bound hardcovers
>>
File: Cb2vZmcVAAAGwX8.jpg large.jpg (58KB, 719x975px) Image search: [Google]
Cb2vZmcVAAAGwX8.jpg large.jpg
58KB, 719x975px
>>13910396
>>
>>13909371
>079's animation

this was an original scene that was animated for movie 3
>>
>>13910405
They're great, fag. If you don't want to pay for a product then fuck off and don't read it.
>>
>>13910405
There are raw scans of the whole series on nyaa. Learn to read Japanese using free online resources.

There you go, not a cent spent!
>>
>>13910457
I have a few volumes and the series itself is great, but they are really poorly bound and thirty dollars a volume (not to mention splitting sentences mid word in speech bubbles for no reason)

I would love to pay for scans but publishers are determined to stay as far in the past as possible
>>
>>13909054

> If Sunrise wants to save Gundam it has to continue what they did with Build Fighters. A show that appeals to kids and is good

Build Fighters has the worst ratings in the franchise, second only to Try, it's sequel and while it did well on home media, there's nothing to indicate it was kids buying those blurays and not adult otaku. Build Fighters succeeded primarily in gunpla sales, not in viewership, because gunota liked the weird and silly gunpla the show created. Sunrise might want to appeal to kids but Build Fighters isn't a template for how to do it.
>>
>>13910052
>Unicorn TV series ends with a Beltorchika's Children OVA teaser
>BC leads to a Hathaway's Flash OVA
>HF ends with a disgruntled Kenneth Sleg discussing plans for a new anti-Federation organization; the Crossbone Vanguard
>F91 TV series ends with the "loss" of the Mother Vanguard
>Crossbone TV series leads to Crossbone sequel OVAs
>Ghost's popularity leads to redrawn Victory compilation films
>Victory films end with a glimpse of the Federation's oppressive retaliation against Side 2, where young activist Jack Bloom founds Zi Zeon
>Gaia Gear OVA ends with the announcement of the construction of Side 8, Gaia, named in tribute to Affranchi's man-machine
>G-Saviour redeems itself in the form of an animated series
>>
>>13908899
No. There's no point telling the same story more than once. Give me new content or nothing. Remake poofs are scum.
>>
>>13910405
Libraries. If you live anywhere that's even remotely connected, they probably have the books.
Won't cost you a cent, either.
Just don't be that prick who rips off library books. Cause that's just fucking sad.
>>
File: roy_fokker_0_large.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
roy_fokker_0_large.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>13910405

>He didn't buy the manga over the course of its release
>>
Rework the entire UC continuity so that it meshes together. Conflicting stories either get reworked, or scrapped (I'd prefer reworked, but obviously some things won't be salvageable).
Shoot it as a long running live action TV show with a fuckhuge cast.
Shoot all the battles with miniatures, minimal CGI.

Happening, never.
>>
>>13908899
Not in the slightest. They can't make good Gundam anymore and modern visuals look like shit. There is no way it would look or be as good as the original stuff, so it would be entirely pointless. To the viewer anyway, obviously the point would be a cash grab.
>>
>>13910822
So what you're saying is that it'd revitalize the franchise?
>>
File: gun_003.jpg (66KB, 510x397px) Image search: [Google]
gun_003.jpg
66KB, 510x397px
>>13908961
>Read the manga
That's fucking right.

Track down the original MSG manga by Go Nagai's assistant and read the fuck out of it. (not origin crap)
>>
>>13910405
Where did this nonsense about them being poorly bound start? They certainly are not.
>>
>>13909210
>what matters is opening a way for new fans to see the roots. Not be put off immediately by the dated animation.

What is the 0079 movies?
>>
>>13911728
>So what you're saying is that it'd revitalize the franchise?
What I'm saying is it could revitalize the franchise. If Sunrise has the balls.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.