[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much thrust would they have needed to stop the descent of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: images-8.jpg (13KB, 352x253px) Image search: [Google]
images-8.jpg
13KB, 352x253px
How much thrust would they have needed to stop the descent of Axis? Pretend for a moment that there were no new type shenanagins
How many mobile suits would Amuro need helping him out?
>>
They would have needed the thrusts on Axis and probably then some.
>>
>>13906766
What about slowing it then?
Could they slow it to the point damage is minimal?
>>
It all depends on when you apply it. The sooner, the less you need. Past a certain point though (and they were pretty far past this point for most of the movie), there was literally no real-world force that would have been able to stop Axis without shattering it and making the problem worse.
>>
It was dropped from orbit, so all they had to do was speed it up enough to overcome drag until it was back in space, after that it should be easy to put it back into a safe orbit.

All they had to do was turn on the engines Axis already had, no newtypes needed.
>>
>>13906973
But the engine already busted when Amuro sliced up the engine piping.

And guys how big was Axis? Bigger than Libra or smaller?
>>
>>13907121
Thought I saw a source somewhere saying Axis was roughly 15 miles across at it's largest point. That's big enough to do some real damage.
>>
>>13907142
>6 mile wipe out the Dinosaur
>15 mile Axis with Nukes
>Let mother Earth rest

Rest in peace the way I see it
>>
>>13906973
>All they had to do was turn on the engines Axis already had

The problem is Axis had broken in half and the half with the engines were kinda not the half to worry about because it was staying in space.
>>
>>13907200
Derp, forgot that detail.

But my point was mostly that everyone was pushing against it, which wasn't going to help. You're just making it fall sooner. Even the newtype magic wouldn't help unless it kept applying force for a while - if it just hurled it upwards, its just going to pass through there on the next orbit and go through re-entry then.

>expecting real robots to use real physics
Yeah I know.
>>
>>13907257

It didn't push it, it made it just stop in place.
>>
Considering the enormous mass of Axis and the fact it was literally entering the atmosphere probably more thurst than was available in the entire UC universe at that point in time.
>>
>>13907277
Whatever happened to Axis after CCA, anyway? Has any material touched on this beyond "Axis Shock was a thing that happened. "?
>>
>>13907321

I think it just sits there in place.

Axis Shock was a miracle in-universe because it just stopped and stayed there. Which defies all physics and logic, but that's kinda how miracles work.
>>
>>13907342
>headcanon is that an Amuro-worshipping cult lives there now.

>The call themselves Newtopia
>>
>>13907342
So ghosts are just holding a giant rock in the sky forever? Now we just need some elves and orcs.
>>
>>13907342
so 5th Element's climax is a rip-off, then?
>>
>>13907379
dead newtypes are holding it up.

only newtypes and cybernewtypes have ghosts in UC.
>>
>>13907321

I think Amuro turned it into energy. Same for himself and Char.

I mean, I think we'd notice Axis still orbiting the globe.
>>
>>13908840
All the colonies in the earthsphere are orbiting the globe. Axis is just back on a stable orbital path.
>>
>>13907386
>only newtypes and cybernewtypes have ghosts in UC

What about the ghosts that protected Uso from Mad Cunt? None of them were newtypes

And only some of the ghosts that protected Jewdough and Cameeyu were newtypes
>>
>>13906773
>>13906746

There is no number of mobile suits that would have helped, because Amuro was being a fucking idiot and trying to push Axis BACK.

What he needed to be doing was to get on the other side, and pushed Axis FORWARD.

Everything is orbit that 'stays in place' is falling sideways so fast that it manages to miss the Earth for hundreds or thousands of years. If you slow it down, you lose the sideways motion and the only force acting on it become gravity: aka falling straight down into the Earth.

By pushing back against Axis, Amuro was making its descent into the Earth's atmosphere impossible to avoid. The only reason that anyone survived was because Newtype bullshit managed to push back with such force that it reached 0 and then kept going into the negatives, achieving the proper amount of speed going the opposite direction, which is the single dumbest possible way to try and fix that situation because it requires an absolutely absurd amount of force applied in a very short amount of time that magically doesn't shatter Axis like a pane of glass and turn it into a storm of raining debris.

Without magic, it cannot be done. Not the way Amuro was trying to do it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.