[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why couldn't they get an actual series going for F91?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: f91.jpg (161KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f91.jpg
161KB, 1440x1080px
So why couldn't they get an actual series going for F91?

Seems like it would have been pretty great if they where allowed to actually explore some of this shit and characters. Loved the mecha
>>
Because we aren't allowed to have good things.
>>
I think Victory is pretty much the TV version of F91, with Tomino using ideas he couldn't flesh out in the movie.
>>
I just really wish we could get late UC explored more. Shit's crazy
>>
File: Fllay's Mad.jpg (35KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Fllay's Mad.jpg
35KB, 800x450px
>>13904885
maybe this would've happened if you didn't buy Zakus.
>>
>>13904892

but I bought a zock
>>
>>13904892
yes Fllay-sama, please subtly verbally abuse me more
>>
File: Screenshot_20160221-153316.png (95KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160221-153316.png
95KB, 720x1280px
The lost decade started
>>
We'll either see an F91 series eventually, or it'll be retconned entirely.

There really isn't much more traditional UC to flesh out, besides Hathaway's Flash, so the next logical step after Unicorn will be to cover what comes next. We'll get to those years sooner or later.
>>
>>13904973
ONORE DICKEIDO!
>>
>>13902494
>So why couldn't they get an actual series going for F91?

It brought nothing new to the table. It's just the same old rehashed Gundam story we've seen several times. Why do yet another 50 episode run of the same recycled plot?

F91 is fine just the way it is.
>>
>>13906881
>It brought nothing new to the table. It's just the same old rehashed Gundam story we've seen several times.

and yet seed printed money
>>
File: Dramatic_Moment.jpg (413KB, 724x974px) Image search: [Google]
Dramatic_Moment.jpg
413KB, 724x974px
>>13906881
Even though the Zeons and Zanscare had aristocracies, Cosmo Babylonia was the only one to make aristocracy "their thing." I could do with some long conversations where villains make reasonable-sounding arguments for why the masses should live according the the undemocratic directions of the few.

Also, Seabook, Cecily, and their friends were cut from a different cloth than other Gundam heroes. Even though they were probably the same age as the White Base crew and ZZ's Gundam Team, something seemed more mature about them, even the assholes.

It was kind of painful seeing each of these characters with distinct personalities meant for a series, and they just get a handful of moments in a series to shine.

>>13903292
Could you expand on this? The only thing I can think of is the orphaned baby. Then there's the girl who turns out to be enemy royalty, but the dynamic seemed so different.
>>
>>13904982
>or it'll be retconned entirely

Why? Outside of Crossbone, the events of F91 barely affect the world. There's a reason the Federation views the Crossbone Vanguard as a drunk in a bar trying to start a fight and deciding to leave it alone until it sobers up. Because it's basically true.
>>
>>13907297
Didn't Iron Mask try to kill 90% of humanity in the end when he had the Rafflesia?
>>
>>13907308

He at least tried to kill a bunch of colonies with his bugs
>>
>>13907215
Because it was a newer series with flashy animation specifically targeted at teenage boys who would either self-insert as Gary Stu or teenage girls who wanted to fuck Kira.
>>
>>13904982
Fuck logic, time to shoehorn more sidestories into the OYW
>>
>>13907324

>No Zeonic front OVA

damn nips can't even Zeek fap right
>>
>>13907308

He was rambling something like that, but I think he went through a shitty Cyber-Newtype conversion and it was making him wacko
>>
>>13907287
>and ZZ's Gundam Team
Shouldn't have written that, those guys were early teens, F91 kids are late teens. I guess that's kind of my point.
>>
>>13907324
Thunderbolt says HI!
>>
>>13907287
Right Cecily was a great female gundam character by virtue of the fact that she wore the hats for a) heroes rival b) hero's love interest and c) female pilot

>Even though the Zeons and Zanscare had aristocracies, Cosmo Babylonia was the only one to make aristocracy

This can't emphasized enough from a Japanese perspective given that they were one of the nations with a largely functioning ruling aristocracy in the inter-war era. And Tomino has always been explicit in indicting many aspects of pre-War Japanese society for warmongering.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.