[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stopped watching this show on ep 6 when it was airing. >Decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 35

File: g-reco.jpg (91KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
g-reco.jpg
91KB, 800x448px
>Stopped watching this show on ep 6 when it was airing.
>Decided to give it another shot.
>Got to ep 8 when I realized I was correct the first time.

Why is this show so fucking painful to sit through? It's like Tomino was trying to make me hate mecha as a genre in it's entirety.
>>
>>13894127
Congrats OP, you've just successfully made a 300+ reply thread! I hope you're proud!
>>
>>13894136

Well, um, ok.

Does the show get any better? Should I just skip to a certain ep where things start making sense?

I really do want to like this show.
>>
>>13894166
No
>>
>>13894127
>Why is this show so fucking painful to sit through?
Because it's not Turn A.
>>
>>13894173
/thread
>>
>>13894173
But Turn A was a fucking drag that only got watchable in the last 10 eps.

This looked like it might be better, but now I've lost faith...

Has Tomino lost it?
>>
>>13894168

Bummer.

I'm guessing it stays an incoherent mess from start to finish then?
>>
>>13894182
>But Turn A was a fucking drag that only got watchable in the last 10 eps.
you're just jealous of the moustache because you can't grow one
>>
>>13894186
Yes
>>
inb4 2deep4u
>>
>>13894192
it's kinda simple actually. it's just a journey from earth to venus then back to earth again, except stuff happening all the time
>>
>>13894195
>it's kinda simple actually
Then why don't I understand any of it? Do I have to pay attention?
>>
>>13894196
>Do I have to pay attention?

yes that's is all.
in fact, when it's airs we collectively create pastebin to notes important stuff that characters SAID
>>
>>13894127
The main problem with G-Reco is that they were telling a 50 episode story in 26 episodes, and it left them without any time for character building.

The series moves so fast, all of the time. What it REALLY needed was some quieter moments where the characters actually have conversations like real people, just sitting around on the ship or whatever. We never really learn anything about the characters, what they think about the world they inhabit and just generally what they're like. As a result we don't really have any emotional investment in them.
>>
>>13894196
>Then why don't I understand any of it? Do I have to pay attention?
It's a show that you really need to watch in a language you can understand to fully enjoy. Otherwise your eyes are at the bottom of the screen reading subtitles 100% of the time and eventually you just switch off and start missing important details.
>>
>>13894221
It needed to not be poorly written shit.

That's pretty much all.
>>
>>13894166
Ep 8 is the episode where they sit around and explain why things in the first seven episodes were happening. If you can't make sense of it by then you should drop the show now.
>>
>>13894127
Your mother realized you were a mistake 6 months into pregnancy. All these years later she still feels the same.
>>
File: 1447604670547.png (557KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447604670547.png
557KB, 704x480px
>>13894241
>>
Starts out a bit awkward, gets better around episode 12 when Dellensen dies, then becomes arguably one of the best TV Gundam series when they leave for space
>>
>>13894127

More painful to sit through than the first half of Gunbuster? And that's literally only 3 episodes.
>>
>>13894239
If you managed to glean anything close to explanations from that insane rambling, then kudos.

It's a VERY poorly written show, and OP isn't wrong for finding fault with it.
>>
>it's been nearly a year since this finished and people are still butthurt they don't get it
>>
>>13894241
>being this butthurt over someone critiquing your mongolian cave painting

G-Reco fans really are the absolute worst. Even GL and Eva fags are less thin skinned than you pussies.
>>
>>13894127
Because it's a children show

You need to be a kid to enjoy G-reco
>>
>>13894305
>If you managed to glean anything close to explanations from that insane rambling, then kudos
See this is what I don't get about people complaining about G-Reco's dialog. There have been threads where people actually ask for clarification on some scenes then there's OP who throws his arms into the air and comes here to whine.

Even if I could help you I wouldnt know where to start so you might aswell save yourself the trouble and drop it now.
>>
>>13894333
So this show was Tomino's attempt to apply the "adults don't understand" thing that permeates his show to real life?
>>
>>13894225
>. Otherwise your eyes are at the bottom of the screen reading subtitles
Who the FUCK sits that close to the screen
Sit back motherfucker, the subs become part of the whole picture, not something at the bottom

Or do you have the reading comprehension of a 10 year old, like most Americans or ESLfags?
>>
>>13894127
Found the retard
>>
File: greco-explained.jpg (608KB, 1094x1489px) Image search: [Google]
greco-explained.jpg
608KB, 1094x1489px
This should help OP.
>>
File: 1452685438266.gif (1MB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1452685438266.gif
1MB, 500x286px
>>13894449
(not op)

And this is why i hate Tomino for fucking G-reco. He could have presented all of this on a much better way but no he had to complicate things because of "muh pretentious views on how to make a engaging narrative in a era where the internet is a thing"
>>
>>13894512
It's not complicated at all. You just have to actually pay attention to the show. I also found the show extremely engaging especially visually.
>>
>>13894512
The show isn't complicated at all. Most of those things come from characters just standing around and clearly stating what and why they're going to do something just before doing it.

Also that image isnt entirely correct either but it's a matter of semantics.
>>
It's an extremely mediocre show. Not really shit, but far from good. There are some good ideas there but the pacing is trash, the characters flat and underdeveloped, the action highly overrated, and even the mecha design steadily gets worse. People claim G-Reco has depth, but in reality it's just them reading way too much into it. It might have been a good show, if someone other than Tomino had helmed it. Sadly, it is now impossible to seriously discuss G-Reco anywhere.

You might as well abandon thread since G-Reco has one of the worst fanbases on /m/ and they will just spam "u just didn't get it man" endlessly.
>>
I liked everything about G-Reco but the writing. It was gorgeous to look at and listen to, and it had a lot of good ideas, but those ideas were executed in such a weird, rushed way.

I'm in the boat of thinking it would have gone a lot better had it been a four cour series like it was apparently supposed to be, but I know that wouldn't have smoothed out all of the problems G-Reco has.
>>
>>13894622
You just didn't get it.
>>
Shows like A/Z exist just for people like you, OP. Maybe you should stick to them.
>>
>>13894127
OP here should i give IBO a shot instead? the main gundam looks a lot better and the MC doesnt look like a fag
>>
>>13894664

IBO is just as disappointing in similar and different ways.
>>
>>13894664
It's not particularly well executed either but at least it's coherent.
>>
>>13894664
>MC doesnt look like a fag
>IBO
I cannot stop laughing at how wrong you are. I hope you're being facetious.
>>
>>13894664
IBO is the opposite of G-Reco but still somehow ends up being mediocre due to poor execution and not making decent use of it's slow pacing.
>>
>>13894664
Yes its the only decent gundam theres been in the last 20 years, ignore the shitposters
>>
File: 1452432331215.png (1MB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
1452432331215.png
1MB, 1275x715px
>>13894664
>the MC doesnt look like a fag
>>
>>13894674
This, mika is a fucking badass, fuck the haters
>>
>>13894306
>People deluding themselves there's actually something to "get" in that stinking pile of shit
Then again G-recofags did get so butthurt over their supposedly really great show with loads of hand animation being crap with crap ratings they're still showing up in every thread about every other show, moaning about how shit it is as if shitting on other shows would make G-reco any less of a trainwreck.
>>
>>13894682
>This level of projection
Did Tomino kill your dog or something?
>>
>>13894622
The pacing is good other than the skip to the epilogue, Bellri and Aida are well-written, well-developed characters, the action is far better than the majority of TV mecha, and the design is good.

>People claim G-Reco has depth
No, but it's a well-written, entertaining show.
>>
File: GgFie.png (479KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
GgFie.png
479KB, 640x475px
>>13894127
So much salt in this thread
keep it going /m/, without salt /m/ anons can't post
>>
>>13894684
Nope, just saw G-Reco for the trainwreck that it was and how butthurt so many people caught in the massive hype got over people pointing this out.

Jesus... We're talking fanboys on a level where video game console fanboys start to look like reasonable people.
>>
>>13894622
>It's an extremely mediocre show.
>the pacing is trash, the characters flat and underdeveloped, the action highly overrated, and even the mecha design steadily gets worse. People claim G-Reco has depth, but in reality it's just them reading way too much into it
>if someone other than Tomino had helmed it

>impossible to seriously discuss G-Reco anywhere.
So you admit you're just baiting
>>
>>13894698
(You) earned it.
>>
>>13894703
>REEEE!!!! STOP NOT LIKING SOMETHING I REALLY LIKED!!!!
G-Recofags people...
>>
>>13894664

IBO is bad in a different way. At least G-Reco had the animation and soundtrack. IBO is full of QUALITY and nothing happens but talking heads repeating the same information for several episodes at a time.
>>
>>13894698
>just saw G-Reco for the trainwreck that it was and how butthurt so many people caught in the massive hype got over people pointing this out.
The only butthurt ones were the people that couldn't get a kids show.
>>
>>13894686

>The pacing is good other than the skip to the epilogue,

The first three episodes are completely fucked because they were made separate from the rest. The pacing then completely stalls when the moon men appear, and the show more or less wanders its way into the end when it suddenly speeds up and hits the wall with that awkward epilogue. This is the same Tomino directing seen in all his 80s shit where the show starts fast, gets stuck in neutral, blasts off at top gear and then explodes. The exact same fucking thing.

>Bellri and Aida are well-written, well-developed characters,

Aida is a complete load for 90% of the series and never learns from her mistakes. Bellri is an autismal retard. Everyone else is basically a bit player. None of the characters in G-Reco are well developed or well written. They are at best awkward, rushed pastiches of 0079 characters, or one dimensional.

>the action is far better than the majority of TV mecha,

First off, what a low bar. Second, you are still wrong. G-Reco had shit like that instructor guy's death where Tomino actually took out a segment of it for no reason and they had to sneak it into the OP of the next episode so people could figure out what the fuck happened. The rest is long range trading of beamspam or the G-Self busting out some never-before-seen bullshit. There is nothing special about G-Reco's action sequences.

>and the design is good.

Gets progressively worse as the show goes on.

It's just not a good show.
>>
>>13894719
>an autismal retard
>There is nothing special about G-Reco's action sequences.
What do you get from trolling on the internet
>>
>>13894715
Not liking something =//= Being butthurt

Just so that you know... The butthurt people are the ones still going "NO!!! IT'S NOT SHIT!!! YOU JUST DIDN'T GET IT" like you do. It's got terrible pacing, atrocious dialogue, garbage characters and the plot isn't hard to get, it's just plan shit. You can stop with the "You only dislike the plot because you don't get it" meme because it's not working. We can see a shitty plot when it's presented in front of us even when it's presented with really shit pacing.
>>
>>13894733

Nice rebuttal, chum.
>>
File: 1455176963132.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1455176963132.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>13894719
>Aida is a complete load for 90% of the series and never learns from her mistakes. Bellri is an autismal retard. It just makes it obvious you didn't watch it. Neither of these are even remotely true. You are obviously just baiting and/or trolling at this point. So I won't even bother.

>imply G-Reco didn't have tons of great action scenes
>>
>>13894741
Fucked up my greentext, but you get the idea.
>>
>>13894741

>Dragonball Super

>I can't even quote posts right because I'm so mad

>You're just wrong, I won't explain why you're wrong, you just are, and now I'm going to run like a bitch and pretend I left with the high ground

Sasuga rectards.
>>
>>13894736
>Not liking something =//= Being butthurt
See, most of those people don't just say "I don't like this show", they say "LOL GWRECKO IS A FAILURE WHAT A TRAINWRECK TOMINO IS SHIT" like the show personally raped their mothers.
>>
>>13894748
Name a single thing "autistic" or "retarded" about Bellri.
>>
>>13894751
He's not a super stoic badass who ain't afraid to pop a nigga like based Mikazuki, Setsuna and Io.
By default, he is ZZKamille tier autist retard for not being a super badass like PROPER Gundam anime protagonists. You stupid fucking G-Rectard
>>
>>13894733

Power. Power beyond your imagining.

Every time someone replies to me, I siphon a bit of the energy and time that you invested into that post. Resentment, frustration, a whole spectrum of emotions upon which I may feast, and the time gained extends my lifespan just that tiny bit more.

Individually, these are just tiny drops. But with enough drops you have a flood. Global warming isn't a product of mankind's ecological footprint, as adorable as that idea is. Its simply the side effect of my rise to power.

In just a few more years, I will have enough strength to burn this world to ash and rise from it like a magnificent phoenix, propelled forward into godhood. Your life has no meaning but to expedite my apotheosis.

So go on. Argue about your very important mecha anime. Feed my fire and fulfill your destiny as kindling and tinder.
>>
>>13894750
Maybe it did.
>>
>>13894750
Gloating still isn't being butthurt, it's actually pretty much the opposite.

As I said, the butthurt people are the ones like you going "IT'S NOT SHIT!!! YOU'RE JUST TOO DUMB TO GET THE PLOT!!1" while the rest of us are just calmly stating the obvious about it being a trainwreck or gloating at butthurt people like you.
>>
>>13894719
>Tomino actually took out a segment of it for no reason and they had to sneak it into the OP of the next episode so people could figure out what the fuck happened

It's a minor thing, but that scene was in the op from the start. It fact, it was what the op ended on in a freeze frame. I remember because I was waiting to see that mech it was fighting show up, since the op was almost entirely made of clips from various early episodes. Then when the Dellensen fight finally came, it was jarring because not only was that op sequence omitted, G-Self was in a completely different mode the entire fight.

It was still nonsensical to do and the skip kind of ruined the fight.
>>
>>13894755
But Bellri kills people with warning shots.
>>
>>13894760
>calmly stating the obvious

>>13894710
>>REEEE!!!! STOP NOT LIKING SOMETHING I REALLY LIKED!!!!
>G-Recofags people...
>>
>>13894766
Note the "or" because I AM gloating at butthurt fags like you who were caught in the hype and are unable to disengage from it and admit that the show turned out to be a trainwreck.
>>
>>13894762

Because he has very bad aim and a poor grasp of tactics, yes. He is carried to victory by the incredibly OP nature of the suit he is using and by right of being super special baby from magical destiny family that get to use gear no one else can because otherwise someone else would be the protagonist.
>>
>>13894775
What's your definition of trainwreck?
>>
>>13894751

Nice how you rectards get smashed with 50 points about why G-Reco sucks and then you run and hide behind a single question and keep diverting. Are you going to post some more "creative" action sequences or is Dragonball Super all you've got?

And pretty much Bellri's entire pattern of behavior throughout the show is hardly normal. He runs around screaming about warning shots while shooting people in the cockpit and flies off the handle at the slightest thing. He thinks absolutely nothing of combat until Dellensen gets killed.

Face it, your show is poorly paced and not half as well-written as you have deluded yourself into believing. And no amount of strawmanning or diversion will change that.
>>
>>13894778
It was joke, but the point is that Bellri kills plenty of people in the show. He's just not at Uso-levels or anything.
>>
>>13894783
>flies off the handle at the slightest thing.
No he doesn't. Go watch the show. He doesn't "run around screaming about warning shots" either.
>>
>>13894750
>>13894760
A pox on both your houses. There's plenty of threads where someone complains that something in G-Reco made no sense, someone else explains why it does, and then regardless we get a bunch of people piling in how "no, just because it makes sense it's still shit" and "you're just a retard".

The show IS a rambling narrative mess that never goes anywhere and is full of flat characters that are only comprised of one or two attributes. But most things that happen do have reasons (not necessarily good ones, but reasons all the same), and context is often there if you look for it. And while the artstyle may not be everyone's taste, it's not budget, but an almost hipster-ish attempt by Tomino to replicate how older shows look, because he hates what he sees as the slow march toward everything being done like Frozen.
>>
>>13894778
>Because he has very bad aim and a poor grasp of tactics, yes.
Not that guy but I never saw it as this, Bellri was using the Assault Packs Photon Eye which is made for sniping. Logically there'd be no way to know the shot was coming so its not like you can blame the guy in that specific scene for getting shot down.

He does straight up murk this guy though, no idea what was up with that.
>>
>>13894775
>butthurt fags like you who were caught in the hype
I watched it when the BDs came out in September, there was no hype for me. I went into the show after hearing all the butthurt /a/tards like you whine about it expecting it to be shit, but loved it
>>
>>13894791
>The show IS a rambling narrative mess that never goes anywhere
>full of flat characters that are only comprised of one or two attributes
Back up these statements brosef
>>
>>13894791
>There's plenty of threads where someone complains that something in G-Reco made no sense, someone else explains why it does, and then regardless we get a bunch of people piling in how "no, just because it makes sense it's still shit" and "you're just a retard".

Look at this thread, right now. You have people posting long replies explaining why they didn't like G-Reco and everyone defending G-Reco just says some form of "you didn't get it" "you didn't watch it" "you're retarded." It's actually the G-Reco fags who never explain. That's why people shit on them and G-Reco, because they are faggots.
>>
Greco is a diamond in the rough

It's very obvious how parts were compressed and certain ideas should have been explored more. Despite that I think the show was always meant to have a faster pace because it wants to be more of an energetic adventure. For all you see people about winging they what a different type of Gundam greco is one of the few that actually tries hard not to be so standard and elements it does keep don't always go so similarly. Even little things like Bellri (is the son of a dead leading spacenoid) wears a red normal suit while Mask's is white.

The accusations that the plot make no sense always get blown up and come back to just pay attention. The show has a lot of detail even in what seems like throw away dialogue. I also think this is because some people fail horribly at being able to read characters, when I was in some /a/ IBO thread I confirmed this when I saw people completely sure that Mcgillis was 100% in love with that kid and wasn't very obviously hatching an evil scheme. People also seem to turn off the moment they don't understand something and feel the need to assign blame. They can't use the rewind function and can't just go "Oh Mask has bored the ship. he's probably trying to get the G-self and Raraiya like in every other episode." It's a shame as greco does have a lot of interesting detail.

The characters are also a lot of fun but it is used to define characters not just as throwaway. Bellri is so good for this from his sneaky around the ship, his cockiness when acting too smart for his own good or just when he has little temper tantrums. Watching him and Aida actually grow into brother and sister was great as they have so much good interaction and they both play into the themes of finding your own path and not being grounded by the ideas of old so well.

that isn't even getting into the amazing art direction, some of the best tv gundam animation and how it links in real world concepts without feeling forced
>>
>>13894779
Simple: A show that was expected to be good turning out to be shit.

>>13894791
see >>13894798
>>
>>13894792
>He does straight up murk this guy though, no idea what was up with that.
I liked Bellri's attitude with this kind of thing. He tried to save people, but sometimes he just went for the stab cause you gotta. he didn't like doing it but times are hard
>>
>>13894794
>butthurt /a/tards like you

1: I'm not from /a/, the only other board I frequent is /g/ and 2: I'm not butthurt, I'm just gloating about a show I went into with no expectations after the trainwreck that was Age turned out to be another trainwreck despite a lot of people trying to hype it for various reasons.

Seriously, I don't go into anime shows with any kind of expectations these days anymore. If it's shit it's shit and if it's half decent, it's half decent.
>>
>>13894798
>It's actually the G-Reco fags who never explain.
Where do I start explaining when someone is just screaming that everything is shit and gives no clear indication as to what is confusing them?

Because that's exactly what this thread is.
>>
>>13894127
literally the only /a/ show i've ever watched where i couldnt understand what the fuck was going on. like that retarded ending where everyone is trying to kill each other then 3 months later they're all buddies again
>>
>>13894819
It's not even that. It's just some dude trolling/baiting. You can tell because he blatantly makes up bullshit that zero sense like "Bellri being an autismal retard."
>>
>>13894815

>he tries to save people but then sometimes he randomly just kills people
>well-written

>>13894819

Hey faggot, this thread is people posting why they didn't like G-Reco with well thought out and long replies and then all the G-Rectards simply say "you're wrong" "you're trolling" "you didn't get it" with no explanation.

Look at this >>13894622

Guy posts "it's mediocre" and lists problems and the replies are "you're trolling" "you just didn't get it" "you're wrong(no explanation why)"

It's the same shit every fucking thread. You G-Rectals just cannot accept that people simply do not like G-Reco. It HAS to be that they didn't get it, or are stupid, didn't watch it, or are trolling. If they were honest, or "got it" they would love it too. You people are the fucking Muslims of /m/. And you never defend yourselves. You instead tell people "Explain yourself, why don't you love G-Reco?" Like the burden of proof is automatically on others to justify why they don't like it, when you faggots just spout the same "you just didn't get it" "baiting" every thread.

Seriously, just fuck off. Go make G-Reco tumblrs and hugbox there. Because you thin-skinned retards cannot hack it on 4chan and you prove it every single time.
>>
>>13894819
>Where do I start explaining when someone is just screaming that everything is shit and gives no clear indication as to what is confusing them?
Here again comes the usual "oh you just don't get it"-excuse that gets thrown at just about all criticism towards the show even when it's about the atrocious pacing, awfully written characters or shitty designs.

The attitude of G-Reco fanboys is literally just one of "People who don't like it only do so because they don't get it" as if everyone who thinks Ed Wood movies are shit only think so because they don't understand the plot.
>>
>>13894830

To be fair, he is stuck with Tomino dialog. Most people Tomino writes come off as autistic, retarded, or just utterly insane. Its a known phenomenon, to the point that there is a running joke that minovsky particles must cause brain damage.
>>
>>13894845
>Most people Tomino writes come off as autistic, retarded, or just utterly insane.
Where the fuck does this come from? There are plenty of actual insane characters that Tomino has written (cyber-newtypes), but literally none of this applies to Bellri.
>>
>>13894835
>lists problems
Cause no points are made. You can claim anything is flat, how? what scenes? why don't these parts work together? You actually have to develop the statement for it to be a proper point
>>
>>13894835
Listing problems and explaining in detail the problems with the show aren't the same thing. I think G-Reco has shallow characters and poor pacing but a passing comment like that isn't worth much unless I explain how.
>>
>>13894835
How are Bellri and Aida flat characters? Both of them grow and adapt to things that challenge their previously held world views. For example, Aida has to come to terms with the fact that the same guy who killed her lover is also the guy that keeps them all safe and saves the Megafauna.
>>
I HAVE FUKCKING HAD WITH YOU FUCKING GRECTALS
you've successfully killed /m/, the mods should just ban all greco discussion
>>
>>13894849
>>13894853

>>13894719

Let's look at the first reply to that too.

>stop trolling
>>
>>13894849
Points are made, they're just not written in a way where it's easy for you fanboys to come in and pick them apart.

How do you even make the kind of arguments you want about terrible dialogue, atrocious pacing, shitty characters and all round terrible plot?
>>
>>13894847
Bellri is genki and despite him saying why he went to see Cumpa, why he stayed on the Megafauna, why he wants to stay on the Megafauna after going back to Capital Territory, why he doesnt like fighting, why he wants the Ten Police to see what Earthnoids fighting is like etc just hits a brick wall because there's too many things going on at one time.

It just gets lost in translation somewhere for some people.
>>
>>13894859
>still can't justify his claim as to why Bellri is an "autismal retard"
The pacing doesn't not stall when the Dorrete Fleet is introduced either. On the contrary, much of the plot is revealed as they travel to Towasanga and later to Venus Globe.
>>
There would be no problems if G-Reco fanboys accepted not everyone likes their show instead of demanding people explain themselves for not liking it/labeling them as retard and trolls.

The best part of all of this, is that this has always been a problem. G-Rectards have since the very beginning said everyone who disagrees with them are retards and trolls. And whenever they got called out on it, they would say "no, those guys aren't true G-Reco fans, they are just shitposters pretending to be us to stir up drama." But now they don't say that anymore. Because everyone knows that that's actually how G-Reco fags are.
>>
>>13894521
>It's not complicated at all.
It is, Asahi Shimbun said so.
>>
>>13894847
Anime characters already don't talk or act like regular people.
Tomino's characters don't talk like regular anime people.

It's like you take away all the weird cutesy conventions with the way standard anime characters convey themselves and make everyone a flip-flopping stubborn bull.
>>
grectards are a cancer that needs purging
these threads are evidence
>>
>>13894872
>>13894880
>wah muh G-Reco fanboys
>>
File: RIP Muscles-chan.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
RIP Muscles-chan.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>13894859
cause it is still vague as fuck

>>13894719
>The first three episodes are completely fucked because they were made separate from the rest.
What does that even mean?

>The pacing then completely stalls when the moon men appear
You mean when they then explore a colony, find out about the brother sister thing, Raraiya regains memory, we learn about how Sucordism seem to be based on a lie, we learn about a colony at jupiter and then board a ship to it? Even just quickly going over it that is a lot of stuff

>Aida is a complete load for 90% of the series and never learns from her mistakes.
Apart from she just does that. Start of the series runs out with a huge rifile not protecting the ship, mid way through she learns to listen to others and stays back when told. That's so simple and obvious

>Bellri is an autismal retard
Oh wow>>13894859 is right these are such well thought out points

>G-Reco had shit like that instructor guy's death where Tomino actually took out a segment of it for no reason and they had to sneak it into the OP of the next episode
So one odd shot, that was in the OP from the start idiot Guess we'll just ignore stuff like pic related

>Gets progressively worse as the show goes on.
Again how can I argue against such a well formed point?
>>
>>13894719
>G-Reco had shit like that instructor guy's death where Tomino actually took out a segment of it for no reason and they had to sneak it into the OP of the next episode so people could figure out what the fuck happened.

>but guys it's not complicated at all to follow the show!

g-retards will defend this.
>>
>That overly ambitious attempt forum sliding.
Looks like he got bored of making Gundam threads on /a/ and name dropping G-Reco in every one.
>>
>>13894883

Are you really using that as an example of "creative" action? She flew straight at him, then he started spinning and it blocked her attacks and killed her at the same time. How is that creative or in any way good or special?
>>
File: 49264092_p0_master1200.jpg (431KB, 561x800px) Image search: [Google]
49264092_p0_master1200.jpg
431KB, 561x800px
>>13894877
>Anime characters already don't talk or act like regular people.
>Tomino's characters don't talk like regular anime people.
This is part of the reason Greco is so good. The VA in general was good in how it didn't just give everyone the same sounding voices you get in every show
>>
File: 1419744804245.jpg (239KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1419744804245.jpg
239KB, 1280x720px
Don't mind me. I'm just enjoying the discussion.
>>
>>13894890
The water ball scene is creative action. His webm and the other one here >>13894741 both demonstrate good usage of digital effects, highly detailed drawings, excellent art direction, and fluid animation. Sorry that you can appreciate it.
>>
Boy from the looks of this thread its obvious that g rectals are just as retarded as the characters the old cuck writes
>>
File: g-self i skill.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
g-self i skill.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>13894890
Yeah, that exact bit happens in every mech show these days
>>
>>13894898
can't*
>>
>>13894883
>You mean when they then explore a colony
They don't explore a colony, they just meet up the irrelevant Resistance members who are there to connect Bell and Aida to their oh so tragic past which has little bearing on their personalities anyway.
>>
>>13894898
or maybe youre just a retard
keep eating shit rectard. you just like it because >muh hand drawn quality
>>
>>13894904
>the backstory behind Bellri, Aida, Rariaya, the G-Self, the setting, etc. isn't important
And you wonder why we call you people retarded.
>>
>>13894902

They are just trading blows in that one. You had this same thing in Gundam Build Fighters, multiple times. Like Build Strike vs. Zaku Amazing. None of these sequences shown are creative, or original, or even above-average. They are very generic and straightforward action sequences. You guys are full of shit.
>>
>>13894906
Why don't you post some recent examples of comparable animation quality from recent TV mecha series?
>>
>>13894912
>trading blows is bad because it's been done before
>>
>>13894914
I would but you "wouldnt get it"
>>
File: water.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
water.webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>13894890
>>13894898
Oh I have that one as well

I like how it set up that the cockpits leak. Most wouldn't bother setting it up so early on, many shows seem to be barely planning for 5 episodes ahead

>>13894912
>They are just trading blows in that one
Holy shit, okay no fight is ever creative cause they are just trading blows
>>
>>13894921
>I don't have any
Oh okay.
>>
>>13894909
It's not really no, the biggest consequence of their backstory revealed is that Bell throws a tantrum because he can't fuck Aida. Clearly a well-written masterpiece with an exemplary plot.

Also no rebuttal on the "exploring the colony" bit so I'll take that as a concession.
>>
>>13894918

You faggots are the ones saying G-Reco has creative and amazing action scenes. None of these are creative or amazing.
>>
>>13894928
Wow, you're awful at reading characters. Bellri understandably has a breakdown because of the weight of the reveal that he's an heir to an old aristocratic family and all that was to him. Both Bellri and Aida are immensely effected by the reveal and it affects their interactions with each other.

And obviously, the backstory on how the Rayhunton family was involved in SUCordism/photon battery distribution is incredibly important lore-wise. As well as Rariaya's involvement.

>Also no rebuttal on the "exploring the colony" bit so I'll take that as a concession.
That wasn't me who claimed that, but if you want a be a pedantic fuck, sure.
>>
File: 54129115_p19_master1200.jpg (221KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
54129115_p19_master1200.jpg
221KB, 600x600px
>>13894904
>They don't explore a colony,
They go in, look around, some get captured which leads them to get their ship in another hanger and we learn about what life is like there.

> irrelevant Resistance members
You mean the ones that reveal a lot of important information meaning the plot moves onto going to Venus? The ones who built the G-self? The ones who are part of the reason the plot was set in motion? I mean never mind one stabs Bellri and causes the ship to get captured later just what the fuck are you on?

>Bell and Aida to their oh so tragic past
Good tacit anon, if you say it in a silly way the point means less
>>
>>13894929
They are. The art direction is very unique, highly-detailed and fluidly animated.
>>
File: mika crank.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
mika crank.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>13894927
>>
>>13894946

But it's not unique, because that type of "trading blows" thing is everywhere, and it's just as highly detailed and fluidly animated in Build Fighters, another recent mecha anime.
>>
File: rentry fight.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
rentry fight.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>13894927
>
>>
>>13894928
>the biggest consequence
That the characters are no being encouraged to follow what their parents wanted (hint biggest theme in the show), that they are not who they thought they were, that they now have a huge change in their relationship which effects how they act do I need to go on?

Why do you always just leave out all the other parts?
>>
>>13894947
>>13894952
>trading blows
lol
>>
>>13894881
Right...

First it's repeating "You just don't get it" over and over again, then it's "You're just trolling" over and over again and now it's "You're just samefagging".

G-Rectalfags confirmed for being completely assravaged?
>>
File: 1447810258476.webm (3MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447810258476.webm
3MB, 800x600px
>>13894951
Name 10 other shows with art direction like G-Reco.

>it's just as highly detailed and fluidly animated in Build Fighter
I would also agree that the first season of Build Fighter is far above average.

>>13894947
>>13894952
>IBO
The first one is actually pretty good. Might be the best fight in all of IBO sadly. On the second one, you can see huge loss of detail on the mecha. Also, IBO is the same show that gave us gems like pic related.
>>
>>13894941
>Wow, you're awful at reading characters. Bellri understandably has a breakdown because of the weight of the reveal that he's an heir to an old aristocratic family and all that was to him.
Bell does not give a single shit about that, he just wanted to bang Aida. That's the reason he got on the Megafauna after all.

>Both Bellri and Aida are immensely effected by the reveal and it affects their interactions with each other.
It does affect their interactions, because now they can't fug. Wow G-reco you are so profound and visionary.

>And obviously, the backstory on how the Rayhunton family was involved in SUCordism/photon battery distribution is incredibly important lore-wise.
Lore wise, not plot wise.

>As well as Rariaya's involvement.
>raraiya
>ever being important
Even for a grecofag that's pathetic.
>>
>>13894960

You don't seem to know what trading blows means.

Trading blows means they are literally in front of each other trading hits. One guy gets hit, hits back, get hits back, etc. That's what's happening in your G-Rectum clip.

In the Mika vs. Crank fight, Crank is parrying blows and blocking with his shield, and has Mika on the ropes before he's killed by a surprise move with a hidden weapon. This, alone, is more creative than anything in G-Reco where the G-Self is either just invincible or you get something like your shitty trading blows clip.

An example of a "trading blows" clip would be Zaku Amazing vs. Build Strike. It's the same thing as the G-Reco clip, so G-Reco's action is hardly original. It is also just as detailed, if not moreso, and has less cutting and unnecessary camera sway, and is more brutal. All you faggots claiming G-Reco somehow has this brilliant original and creative action are chatting out your ass.
>>
>>13894972
>Bell does not give a single shit about that, he just wanted to bang Aida. That's the reason he got on the Megafauna after all.
This is straight up not true. He originally got on it to spy for the Capital Guard. Bellri's motivations change as he travels the world and his beliefs are challenged.

>It does affect their interactions, because now they can't fug. Wow G-reco you are so profound and visionary.
I'm not even claiming anything profound here; stop strawmanning me. What I am saying is the reveal was quite important to their characters and not inconsequential.

>Lore wise, not plot wise.
And that's not important because? Plot-wise they also resolve to go to Venus Globe after learning all of this so it is still important.

>ever being important
She's the reason the G-Self ends up on earth in the first place.
>>
File: 1453527184966.jpg (5KB, 234x230px) Image search: [Google]
1453527184966.jpg
5KB, 234x230px
>>13894978
>>
>>13894978
>a surprise move with a hidden weapon
>creative
Are you kidding me? The water ball or the twisty, weird tree-like beamspam from the Yggdrasill is more creative.

I'm not the same dude nor am I contesting that trading blows hasn't been used before. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with using that kind of choreography.
>>
>>13894943
>They go in, look around, some get captured which leads them to get their ship in another hanger and we learn about what life is like there.
They go in and they immediately meet the Resistance people, then it becomes all about them and "life in the colony" is reduced to some minutes of exposition. Even the stupid Dort colonies of IBO were more fleshed out.
>>
>>13894989
>REEE!!! EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS SAMEFAGGING!!!1
Yes, we get it... Will you now go away and actually let us have an actual discussion?
>>
>>13894992
Klim and Mick are the ones who do the bit greentexted you tard

Stick to IBO
>>
>>13894127
It's a fast paced show. The expression through movement and motivation takes the place of dialogue/development, if you can't see this, you won't like it.

As an example, we see Manny admire Luin Lee in about one or two episodes, and you should be aware of it, not like in Zeta that you watch HOURS of women thinking about Scirocco just so we can understand their admiration.
>>
>>13894980
>This is straight up not true. He originally got on it to spy for the Capital Guard.
That was the excuse. The real reason was dat ass.

>I'm not even claiming anything profound here.
It's towards the ones that do.

>What I am saying is the reveal was quite important to their characters and not inconsequential.
Only that they were brother and sister, not the fact that they were heirs to space royalty or whatever.

>She's the reason the G-Self ends up on earth in the first place.
She's important because she's a MacGuffin?
>>
>>13894956

All things trodden into the ground until they're naught but smears and you trumpet them as revolutionary, too.

Not like the show cares, either, beyond the 'change in their relationship' giving fans of incest things to make doujins of.
>>
>>13895138
>That was the excuse. The real reason was dat ass.
There's not a shred of evidence to support this.

>Only that they were brother and sister, not the fact that they were heirs to space royalty or whatever.
That is important thematically because both Bellri and Aida learn not to let their past bind them and decide to carve their own path for the future.

>She's important because she's a MacGuffin?
Sure. Most of the details on Rairaya were pretty much unknown until Towasanga.
>>
>>13894188
>you're just jealous of the moustache because you can't grow one
Kek
>>
>>13895189
>That is important thematically because both Bellri and Aida learn not to let their past bind them and decide to carve their own path for the future.

Their parents are fucking dead anyway, what the hell did it even matter?
>>
>>13894221
>You need 50 episodes to construct a character

Nice myth. Many OVAs have done the whole character development thing and created lasting impressions in roughly an 8th of the time.
>>
>>13894883

Am I the only one who thinks that this was an absolutely retarded plan on Klims part? His shields don't have total coverage, and even assuming that plot magic prevents spinning like that from making him instantly pass out, he loses any ability to finely control his movements and dodge.

If she had just stabbed slightly to the left or the right of the shield, Klim's mech would have been reduced to just a floating torso in less than a second.
>>
>>13894333
That explains all the underage stench in these threads then.
>>
File: 1446185436399.jpg (66KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
1446185436399.jpg
66KB, 640x641px
>>13894756
Amazing
>>
fucking grectumfags need to leave
>>
Can we all agree that IBO is superior in litrally ever single way
>>
>>13894799
>Greco is a diamond in the rough
I disagree.

It's not obscure or anything remotely like that.

I agree 100% on the animation though, but I honestly felt like the commentary felt a little contrived.

Please stop using the term forced. By definition, everything written or animated is forced. Good post though,
>>
>>13895251
00's retards strikes back
>>
>>13894824
Stick to Aldnoah.Zero, faggot.
>>
Tomino has always been shit
Triton of the Sea - who cares
Brave Raideen - who cares
Invincible Super Man Zambot 3 - who cares
Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3 - who cares
Mobile Suit Gundam - A fluke
Space Runaway Ideon - no one would even remember this if it wasnt for evangelion
Combat Mecha Xabungle - who cares
Aura Battler Dunbine - who cares
Round Vernian Vifam - who cares
Heavy Metal L-Gaim - who cares nagano lol
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - shit
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ - double shit
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack - ruined char
Mobile Suit Gundam F91 - rushed mess with shit designs
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam - shit designs, retarded characters as usual
Garzey's Wing - who cares
Brain Powerd - who cares
Turn A Gundam - overated shit
Overman King Gainer - clearly a grectal prequel so it must be doubly retarded
The Wings of Rean - who cares
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation - somehow made zeta more shit
Ring of Gundam - lol this isnt gundam also cgshit
Gundam Reconguista in G - lol
>>
>>13895267
>I disagree
Yeah because look at the great mecha offerings we had this decade, A/Z, EVOL, Buddy Complex, Gargantia, Valvrave, IBO, TRY, Cross Ange, Comet Lucifer, M3, etc. But this is the part where you'll say that theyre all better than G-Reco regardless.
>>
>>13895290

Cross Ange and M3 actually were better than G-Reco.
>>
>>13894260
But it became worse when they left for space, I was actually enjoying things a decent amount up until that part where they started introducing more and more pointless factions and started fucking around in space doing fucking nothing. Having entire episodes where EVERY SINGLE FACTION is busy doing stupid bullshit like cleaning up space debris so that the ship carrying photon batteries won't get pissed off and go home because they got a scratch on their purple ass paintjob is not what you do in a 26 episode series. It's like if 0079 had an entire episode dedicated to the White Base crew and a group of random Zeon soldiers mining for salt together. The show at least had some good animation, good suit designs, a good ED song (too bad the animation for it was done in fucking powerpoint), and some characters I liked a lot like Raraiya, Klim and Luin, but fuck me I had to drop it around episode 20 because I couldn't take anymore of the rest of it.
>>
File: 1454906157604.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454906157604.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>13895303
>>
>>13894970
>Name 10 other shows with art direction like G-Reco.
Bones has done at least 10 shows right.

Fuck off. I don't even care that much for bones.
>>
>>13895313
guess you can't
oh well
>>
>>13895322
kill yourgself rectard
>>
>>13894127
Grecshit needs to be removed from this board along with tokushit and nagai shit
>>
>>13895290
>theyre all better than G-Reco regardless.
>implying the shows you listed are all I have to choose from.

Come on, Concrete Revolutio and Break Blade have some spectacular hand drawn sequences.
Also, Buddy Complex looks great.
>inb4 muh spincam, skybox, cg, etc.
>>13895303
By animation, alone, the most important metric, this is retarded.
>>
>>13895348
>By animation, alone, the most important metric, this is retarded.

Moving the goalposts, I see.
If we go by animation alone since it's the most important metric, 0079 is shit.

Most important metric is entertainment value, and Cross Ange is more entertaining than G-Reco.
>>
>>13895290

To be fair, it's not like G-Reco is Madonna on the Rocks even in comparison.
>>
>>13895342
go back to /a/
>>
>>13895342
hi spic
>>
>>13895342
this is the ultimate proof that spics are real.

in fact, they're the ones who made this thread and shitting up un ironically.
>>
>>13895281
>MARIO
>WHO CARES
FUCK OFF MARIO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Literally just finished today
>Pros
Nice animation, some characters were enjoyable, Noredo got cucked the entire show even at the end, Raraiya a cute, Bell was straight forward with his feelings of wanting to pound that pussy
>Cons
Final episode felt really rushed, story could be hard to follow at moments, Venus arc could be cut and nothing would be lost
>>
>>13895364
>Moving the goalposts, I see.
Since when were your goalposts the same as mine. Mine have never moved.

I'm not even "pro-Reco", as you can see I told >>13895290 his selections of "good" shows was limited and misleading.

As to 0079. It's not greatly animated, but the sum of its parts is enough to bring it up to scratch.

Say animation is 40% (most important by percentage weight), Acting is 20%, Editing (that is the stuff that makes the show come together cohesively) is 15%, Music and Characters are 10%, leaving plot with the final 5%.

If 0079 scored 20% in animation it can still easily get an 80%.
>>
>>13895412

You are literally just making up your own criteria for what makes something good. Fuck off.
>>
>>13895415
>You are literally just making up your own criteria for what makes something good.
This is also what >>13895364 did in this statement
>Most important metric is entertainment value
In other words, everyone already makes up, or subscribes to a preexisting notion of "good/quality", I did nothing different.
>>
>>13895425

Most people quantify whether something was good by how entertaining it is to watch. You are the one saying animation was the most important metric so G-Reco blows everything out. G-Reco 4ever right? You don't fool me, shitter.
>>
>>13895434
>Most people think x so x is correct
Come on, anon.
>so G-Reco blows everything out. G-Reco 4ever right?
No, of course not, I've already mentioned Break Blade, a contemporary example, and I found the majority of its fights slicker than G-Reco's. With the exception of a couple characters I find the character art in Reco pretty lacking too.

And if you were capable of reading you'd understand that animation only accounts for at most 40% of my overall score. I might add that I find G-Reco to score very low in the editing score, while I found that GitS ARISE does much better in that regard.
>>
>>13895463

>throwing out bullshit to try and distract that he said animation is THE MOST IMPORTANT METRIC

You're embarrassing yourself, G-Rectal.
>>
>>13895469
>THE MOST IMPORTANT METRIC
You take several tests over the course of a semester. Perhaps three. They account for a total of 50% of your class average. Your homework, quizzes and final exam account for the other 50%, but are only 10%, 15% and 35% of your weighted average.

Which is the most important division of your semester average? You got it the one that is weighted the most compared to the others, so your tests are more important than your quizzes, homework, and final exam.

I'll let you figure out which selection I'm equating animation to, if you can.
>>
>>13895469
fuck off mario
>>
>>13895603
Can someone explain the Mario meme?

What's the difference between him and the Spic?

Isn't Mario more of a stereotypical Italian name? Is the Spic actually a WOP? Please help.
>>
>>13895607
some milhouse is trying to force mario as a new dank maymay
>>
>>13895622
It's very confusing.

All I want in my internet browsing is to enjoy memes with a level of sophistication and accuracy.
>>
File: CE4tJrgVEAA-6e1.jpg (40KB, 800x312px) Image search: [Google]
CE4tJrgVEAA-6e1.jpg
40KB, 800x312px
>>13894622
>mecha design steadily gets worse
But that is not true.
>>
File: 1454928750290.png (545KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454928750290.png
545KB, 854x480px
I just came here to laugh at OP.

He should've realized G-Reco was shit from the start.
>>
>>13896155
fuck off mario
>>
>watched when it aired
>extremely disappointing

>marathon it now
>enjoying it a lot

Same with SEED.
Maybe I just have shit taste.
>>
>>13896837
You don't, G-Reco is great
>>
>>13894127

Frankly it's only worth watching for the background adventures of brown tard and the Nug
>>
>>13894127
Shit watching it week to week, decent enough when marathoning. Mech designs were either shit or cool, not really an in-between. An actual likeable gundam protagonist in my opinion. Fucking cheerleaders why?
>>
>>13894221

There was character building but instead of 5 minute exposition scenes to highlight it, you get 1 minute full of visual cues specific to that far future setting. If you get left behind, either you will be forced to ask others about what is going on or you are just going to write it off as awful writing and move on.

Its not shocking to me. I mean I know people who had great difficulty understanding what was happening in Star Wars TFA. Greco should have been a 50 episode series, but how Tomino managed to pack so much into 24 episodes was an impressive feat to me.
>>
>>13894127
You did the right thing, OP.
I made it to ep 20, it does not change. If you're not already loving it, don't waste any more time.
>>
>>13898579
hi mario
>>
>>13898582
jesus christ autismo, seek help
>>
>>13898582
joke's on you, I'm not even a plumber
>>
>>13898594
>shitposts
>BAAAAAAAAAAW SEEK HELP
Sorry luigi
>>
>>13894127
OP wimped out.
>>
>>13894200
>needing a collection of notes to make a show understandable
That's a bad thing.
>>
If the story was so simple, then the fact that the show still managed to make it confusing to a large number of people just proves that the show is in fact a poorly executed mess.

Just saying.
>>
>>13898749
you dont understand bro, this is an INTELLECTUAL chinese little girl cartoon created to sell toys
>>
>>13898749
Or maybe those people are just dumb.
>>
>>13898805

>no you're too stupid to understand it
>a poorly written toy commercial

your argument has more holes than a used Puru
>>
>>13898805
>lots of people find a show confusing and need notes to supplement the story
>lol those people are dumb
This happens with every Tomino show. It's not a fucking coincidence and it's certainly not because Tomino writes for the INTELLECTUAL crowd.
>>
>>13898749
>If the story was so simple, then the fact that the show still managed to make it confusing to a large number of people just proves that the show is in fact a poorly executed mess.
Your reasoning make no sense especially when the people who complain about not getting it are in fact retarded.

Just saying.
>>
>>13898805
>>13898834
Sure if it was only a small number of people, but that's not the case here. Besides even if they were, they were still able to understand other shows with simple stories but still not G-Reco, which is very telling.
>>
>>13898817
>Why is it poorly written
>Because I didn't get it

wew lad

>>13898820
>It's not a fucking coincidence and it's certainly not because Tomino writes for the INTELLECTUAL crowd.
Nah you're just stupid
>>
>>13898841
>they were still able to understand other shows with simple stories
And how did you know that was the case?
>>
>>13898841
I have a feeling that you're talking out your ass.
>>
>>13898848

Look kid I have watched every Sunrise series since Code Geass, every Naruto season, every Bleach season until it was cancelled, and Madoka Magica. I've seen good writing and I've seen bad writing, and G-reco has some of the worst writing I've ever seen.
>>
>>13898856
Because I'm one of those retards.
Because people didn't have much problem folliwing stuff like A/Z, GBF and many more /m/ series, yet still had problems following GReco.

>>13898863
I am.
>>
I'll freely admit that I have no dog in this fight. I dropped Reco after a few episodes.

But the cognitive dissonance the threads produce are pure fucking gold. After years of psuedo intellectuals going on about "show don't tell" and insulting any sort of exposition at all, it's hilarious to to watch people get confused at a show that just throws you in it's world and doesn't explain itself.

This is almost as good as the art house idiots complaining about Shin Mazinger'suse of in media res.
>>
>>13895189
>There's not a shred of evidence to support this.
Yeah, let's pretend all the times he's ogling her and the camera pans to her into full-body shots. Face it grecofag without his infatuation of Aida, his whole motive of getting into the Megafauna makes no sense at all.

>That is important thematically because both Bellri and Aida learn not to let their past bind them and decide to carve their own path for the future.
If the characters don't care about their past, why should the audience? All this hullabaloo about their noble space family and their important place in Towasangan politics, their tragedy and all that other crap is presented as one big "oh yeah, there's this thing you should know." And their reaction is "oh, shit" for a few minutes, then they carry on as if nothing happened.

>Sure.
A MacGuffin is not a very good plot device, just so you know. It's not good writing, even worse when it is an actual character.
>>
File: 1408778772021.jpg (66KB, 711x557px) Image search: [Google]
1408778772021.jpg
66KB, 711x557px
>>13898869
>I have watched every Sunrise series since Code Geass, every Naruto season, every Bleach season until it was cancelled, and Madoka Magica.
Stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>13898902
That said, I was able to actually follow it once I started visiting the threads and finding out about stuff that I missed, but the start for me was a mess.
>>
File: 1455179373069.png (145KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1455179373069.png
145KB, 310x310px
>G-Reco was praised by a highly prolific author and a high tier critic in a popular scifi magazines
>G-Reco was hated by an "otaku expert" who never even finished it and neckbeards on forums

This is quite telling indeed.
>>
>/m/ is this easy to bait
>>
>>13898910
It's a joke
>>
File: 1447622722508.jpg (20KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
1447622722508.jpg
20KB, 575x323px
>>13898749
>>13898745
>>13898817
>>13898869
The only reason you don't understand G Reco is because you're spics.

Spics are not smart at all (That's why they commit tons of crime). They even fail the most basic English Language tests.

In other words, fuck off spics.

G Reco is for people with brain matter, not those without.
>>
Looks like IBO wasn't able to dethrone the G-Reco shitflinging.
>>
>>13899109

>implying IBO is shit
>>
>>13899109
Tomino Shitposting takes a higher priority than Okada Shitposting.
>>
>>13899131

Okada is a better writer than Tomino.
>>
>>13899110
>>13899142
Guys please, ANN is the other way
>>
>>13899156

>this fact is not /m/-approved it must leave the board

oh grow up
>>
>>13899166
>Fact

http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
>>
>>13899166
>this fact is not /m/-approved it must leave the board

but that's literally on the rules. we shouldn't break them
>>
>>13899191

If you're going to seriously debate that Tomino is a better writer than Okada at this point, then you're completely blind.
>>
>>13899221
You're the one making any claim of superiority here. Strictly speaking, burden of proof lies on you first.

So go on, raise that Okada flag.
>>
>>13898931
You know what else is quite telling?

Sonic the Hedgehog reaction images.
>>
>>13898944
At first I hated it, then it was depressing. Now, bait threads like this are my lifeblood.
>>
>>13898931
>who never even finished it
Citation needed.
>>
OP here.

Finally got to episode 9.

It's kinda hard to watch a show when you gotta pause it every 2-3 minutes and manually translate it yourself.

I'll be back in a few days and let you know what I thought about 10.
>>
Okay so legitimate question. Throughout the entire series they hinted that G Self could potentially be alive/ capable of thought. Both through Bell's interactions with it and through the crews commentary. Which raises the question why has no Gundam series ever gone the Zone of the Enders route and given the mech an AI personality?
>>
>>13899834
Unicorn and banager definitely fucked
>>
>>13899834
The closest Gundam has ever gotten to that is Alice but Alice can be replaced with several other "It's time to stop being shit at piloting" systems.
>>
>>13899834
>Which raises the question why has no Gundam series ever gone the Zone of the Enders route and given the mech an AI personality?
Gundam did this with Sentinel about fifteen years before ZoE

Also Turn A.
>>
>>13899866
Also Blue Destiny, which went for the Eva approach.
>>
If you seriously think G-Reco is incoherent then you must have some serious brain problems. If you struggle with the plot maybe you should stick to something closer to your level like A/Z.
>>
>>13894127
>he unironically likes mecha
>>
>>13894307
You guys are the little bitch pussies crying over the fact that your retarded brain can't comprehend the simple plot of a robot cartoon. Cry more, faggot.
>>
File: Gundam Sentinel -076.jpg (2MB, 2699x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Sentinel -076.jpg
2MB, 2699x4000px
>>13899834
I suggest you read Gundam Sentinel. You can find it translated pretty easily through google.
>>
>>13899824
Don't even bother, shitlord. You're too slow to give a proper critique and will just end up typing some sloppy mess of why you think the show is bad.
>>
>>13899824
Just use the subrip from OZC or drop the show already.
>>
>>13899074
Fuck off to /pol/, stormfag
>>
>>13894127
This happened to me too, almost exactly.
>>
>>13899074
no only spics watch greco, same breed of retards as getterfags and toku shitters
and they all need to be removed from /m/
>>
>>13894127
Have you ever heard people say F91 is a poorly paced mess but when you rewatch it it gets better? Reco is sorta like thar.
>>
>>13900606
I've never heard anyone say either of those things about F91.

It was as good as it could be, given the circumstances.
>>
>>13894196
It's because they keep piling on unnecessary and confusing shit on top of unnecessary but not confusing shit on top of necessary shit.

Do we really need to know that some dude at Venus is scrawny, or see that Bellri's mom keeps a hippo head in her office?
>>
>>13900949
Actually yeah, we needed to know that some due at Venus is scrawny cause that was the main motivator for the GIT to support the Reconguista plan.
>>
>>13900986
What? How does one guy reflect on everybody else?
>>
>>13900949
>>13900999
are you fucking serious?
>>
>>13900999

Anon, it's not that complicated.
>One of the oldest dudes alive in Venus and the leader of the place. He's trying to keep the Venusian population under control by keeping them in the dark about the mutation even though a lot of them have symptoms already.
>>
>>13900482
hi spic

you're wrong. only full blooded americans watch g reco and getter, because we know good taste.

spics on the other hand shouldn't watch those because they're clearly too intellectually stimulating for any of you spics.
>>
>>13901007
It's been nearly a year since I watched it and it wasn't interesting enough to burn itself into my memory, so suck my moon dick.

>>13901019
I didn't get that there was any sort of mutation spreading around, but I'll take your word for it. Thanks Anon.
>>
>>13901039
>I didn't get that there was any sort of mutation spreading around, but I'll take your word for it. Thanks Anon.
Not that Anon but he says it in episode 21 I think during the dinner scene. Just before he reveals his age. Says that people learning about mutations would cause a panic though I can't remember if he specifically stated whether it was about people who live in the Venus colonies or people in the Earthsphere.

IIRC either that or the episode immediately after is where they reveal Cumpa's intentions aswell.
>>
>>13899898

Instead of rekt, can we say this guy's been Reco'd?
>>
>>13894127
no, the show just goes down hill, culminating with a huge anticlimax ending. No drama at all. Should only be watched for animation and sound design.
>>13894182
This is ass backwards. Turn A had great pacing until the last 10 episodes which were clearly rushed. Should have had another 10 or so to fully tell the story of the characters they introduced on the moon.
>>
>>13902971
>No drama at all
Your mom was no drama at all.

fuck off mario
>>
File: Qun.png (525KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Qun.png
525KB, 1000x750px
>>13894978

I been reading every post and then I got to this post.

5/10, pretty good bait.
>>
Can someone please explain what the fuck the point of the Venus plant was, story-wise? Why did the Megafauna go there? What was their objective? Weren't they in the middle of a war with the fucking moon-people?
>>
>>13905506
To break the taboo banning earthnoids from leaving the earth sphere, ofc.

Also Aida still wanted to steal the photon batter tech for Ameria and photon batteries come from Venus.
>>
File: tumblr_nlw7ioBXvL1qfxv5io1_500.jpg (156KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlw7ioBXvL1qfxv5io1_500.jpg
156KB, 500x708px
the
best
girls
tho
>>
As much as I disliked G-Reco, I'm glad that it did something else for villains instead of just blaming Spacenoids or Jupiter
>>
File: 1426896446184.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426896446184.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>13905932

Most lickable pussies in anime.
>>
>>13894664
ibo has a coherent plot with functioning characters that grow over time
(don't expect them to be amazing)
but it has major problems with pacing and its animation quality
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1MB, 1368x4064px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1MB, 1368x4064px
>>13905506
Episode 17
21:38 - 21:54

Conversation carries over into the next episode where Lorucca mentions that being that both the G-Self and Crescent Ship are made from the same blueprints something should happen when it's brought into contact with the crescent ship.

Aida planned for them to board the Crescent Ship while it was still idling and the obligatory fight of the week breaks out.
>>
>>13906937
So the Venus globe is essentially controlled by the moon people then?
>>
>>13905940
fuck off mario
>>
>>13906937
Also,
>21:38 - 21:54

I'm sure glad they took a whole 16 seconds to explain this critical plot point that is the entire meaning behind everything that happens in the next 5 episodes.
>>
>>13907850
16 seconds explaining any single thing is a record for g-reco.
>>
What I don't get is how you people can fire off 300+ posts in a matter of hours, even after weeks of not posting about G-Reco. Didn't Tomino himself say not to watch the show if you're a big Gundam fan? Why didn't you listen to him? If the low ratings are true, and not just a meme, then Japan clearly followed his advice, and you don't see the country twisting themselves into knots like this.
>>
File: gbf-reasons.jpg (216KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
gbf-reasons.jpg
216KB, 1280x1440px
>>13907961
I'm a Gundam fan and I loved G-Reco.
>>
Just stopping by to ask, should I bother with OZC's 1080p release, or just stick with the 720p?
>>
>>13908002
I watched the OZC one, it looks great.
>>
>>13907850
That was the last thing in the episode. I can only tell you things that I've seen as I'm watching it.

If it makes you feel any better, the entire episode stops in its tracks in episode 19 coupled with [PIANO MUSIC] to let Bellri talk about it again because it really doesnt seem any deeper than "We have to go to Venus Globe and ask them break the monopoly since they make batteries"
>>
>>13894166
>Should I just skip
What kind of idiot would ever skip part of a show?
>>
>>13908118
Meant which of his releases I should go with, the 720p BD or the 1080p BD. I'm wondering if the 1080 has any real gain over the 720; for some shows on BD they look no better in 1080 than they do in 720, and I'm not sure if this is the case with Reco.
>>
>>13908737
720, you waste less of your HD space on this garbage.
>>
>>13908737

Unless you're watching it on a giant ass projection screen, 1080p has literally 0 advantage over 720p.

Guys who champion it as ALWAYS better than 720p are just delusional elitists trying to justify their waste of HD space.
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.