[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has G Gundam failed to secure ANY sort of continuation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1sevh13hcf1teummeo1_540.jpg (50KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1sevh13hcf1teummeo1_540.jpg
50KB, 540x405px
Why has G Gundam failed to secure ANY sort of continuation?

No anime, no manga, no light novels.

Why?
>>
It was a perfect, self-contained story and any continuation would only detract from the original.
>>
>>13847122
>no manga
Shimamoto did a manga for it not so long ago.
>>
File: Master Asia right here.jpg (115KB, 398x561px) Image search: [Google]
Master Asia right here.jpg
115KB, 398x561px
We got prequels bro.
There is also a manga that is basically to G what glory of losers is to Wing.
>>
>>13847122
it wasnt very good or popular anywhere but /m/
>>
>>13847133

a retelling, not a continuation
>>
>>13847122
There are manga. At least two, I think. I know one is the prequel story of Shuuji Kurosu (aka Master Asia) losing the 7th Gundam Fight and becoming "Undefeated" after losing.
I think there's another, also, but not sure.
>>
>>13847146

It was one of the most popular shows toonami ever had.
>>
>>13847161
>Thinking honorable Nippon cares about the lowly opinions of gaijins.
If that were true we would have translated /m/ games, Gundam among them.
>>
>>13847195

We got that Big O s2 because of toonami
>>
because it sucks, grandpa
>>
>>13847122
Because it's shit
>>
>>13847198
One point to you, fair enough. Now look at all the /m/edia that doesn't get brought over here to counter that. Namely things like SRW (if it's voice acting issues or licensing they could jusr bring over OG and cut dialogue if needed) and the tons of other games, manga, plastic models and visual novels. There's more not released in the West than there is, by a long shot.
>>
>>13847208
A lot of stuff gets made by Bamco and they're trapped in the past. They still think that Gundam isn't that popular because something like Crossfire got scathing negative reviews, and that's for one of the largest mecha franchises ever. Only recently are they starting to think "maybe this'll work"
As for plamo they sell far better online than in stores, since hobby shop franchises wouldn't want to take the risk on this shit anyways.
To be fair, the reason we never got really of the OG games is more Sony's fault, since they had a "you gotta have English voice track" rule for import games for YEARS and nobody wanted to foot the bill for that on a niche game that might only do good at best.
And lastly there are some mecha games/manga/whatnot that just really aren't all that great anyways, so keeping some of the excess out (at least for now) to improve the quality (and thus sales) of what we do have is the better option.
>>
>>13847148
I'm pretty sure there was a continuation. It didn't last very long, only a chapter or 2 I think, but it was something like Domon's apprentice in F.C. 64. There's some weird Gundam manga shit if you go back far enough. Shame we don't have a true follow up though, that universe had so much potential, but nah, we got Wing instead :(
>>
>>13847198
Yeah, because Cartoon Network paid for and co-produced it. And it did shit in Japan.
>>
File: 133.jpg (96KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
96KB, 720x480px
>>13847122

He doesn't want to
>>
File: 134.jpg (84KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
84KB, 720x480px
>>13847632
>>
>>13847122
Probably a space rat infestation.
>>
>>13852184
Pretty much.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.