[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Star_of_Chaos.jpg (40KB, 610x645px) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_Chaos.jpg
40KB, 610x645px
Is /m/ essentially Chaos? If so who represents what factions/warbrands?
>>
>/m/
>Not Adeptus Mechanicus
>>
>>13819050
this
>>
>>13819050
Nah, we're Forge of Souls
>>
>>13819053
Dark mechanicus. Or Collegia Titanica and their dark counterpart.

Are the Titan Legions Federation, and the Dark Mechanicus Zeon, then?
>>
>>13819046
>Is /m/ essentially Chaos?
Yes.
>If so who represents what factions/warbrands?
Real robot fans are Khorne Daemonkin, super robot fans are Slaanesh Daemonkin, shonen fans are Nurgle Daemonkin, and seinen fans are Tzeentch Daemonkin.

Gundam fans = World Eaters
VOTOMS fans = Death Guard
Macross fans = Thousand Suns
Patlabor fans = Emperor's Children
Valvragers = Word Bearers
Stick to x people = Night Lords
x is worst ever people = Alpha Legion
Forumfags = Iron Warriors
Literally everyone else = Black Legion
>>
>>13819158
>Valvragers = Word Bearers
Nope, Evagfans
>>
File: 431px-Kharn_fun_guy.gif (181KB, 431x599px) Image search: [Google]
431px-Kharn_fun_guy.gif
181KB, 431x599px
>>13819046
Entirely of /m/ is Kharne.
This>>13819158 makes no sense.
>>
File: 1449642647707.jpg (175KB, 535x464px) Image search: [Google]
1449642647707.jpg
175KB, 535x464px
>implying /m/ is not pic-related.
>>
>>13820506
Those are some cute twintails he's rockin' there.
>>
File: latest[1].png (3KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
3KB, 150x150px
Tau is Japanese /m/.

Adeptus Mechanicus is western /m/.
>>
>>13819158

I have no idea what this or anything else in this thread means
>>
>>13822512

The worst posters on /tg/ has come to /m/ to shit up your board for a while instead of ours.
>>
>>13822564
And you're from?
>>
>>13822575

Also /tg/. So let me tell you, you're dealing with 40kid up there, in that opening post.

The thing you have to understand about 40k fans is the game they play. The rules of 40k have always been clunky as shit and it has never been balanced between sometimes you are playing two armies against each other that literally are not even using the same edition of the rules to fight each other. Every time they come out with new lore, its always worse than the lore it is replacing, but that's okay because 40k lore contradicts itself so frequently that everything is equally (non) canon, and the plot only advances in reverse. Everyone has their own head canon and no one agrees with anyone else's head canon and worse yet both sides of any given argument have passages from the book they can quote that say they are right and the other guy is wrong.

40kids don't just tolerate this level of abysmal quality, they enjoy it. Because some people can be amused simply by things being xboxhuge and the spaceships have skulls on them. This is the hobby that they willingly spend a thousand dollars on in order to get a few dozen plastic toys that are not even assembled or painted, and don't even hold their value because in a few years the rules will change and those models will be worthless in play now. Because that's how Games Workshop makes money.

Its a con, its not even a clever con, and even the players agree that they are being fucked sideways in return they are getting shit quality product. But they DONT STOP BUYING because they are already in too deep.
>>
>>13822508
There is no western /m/, because there is no western mecha. And to anyone trying to shoehorn battletech or robotech or other regurgitated scraps of real mecha culture, please grow up.

Warhammer is not mecha, nor is starship troopers, or any other known western-sourced robot scifi that I know of. They are still all inherently better than the attempted thefts that the "western mecha" are.
>>
>>13822633
>But they DONT STOP BUYING because they are already in too deep.
Such is the way of fanatics.
But I'll admit the Space Marine game was alright.
>>
>>13822633
From experience the only reason most people still play it is that everyone else plays it.

That and the modelling component of the hobby.

Though the tide is definitely shifting towards people playing smaller, skirmish games with much better rules, like Malifaux and Infinity.
>>
>>13819119

Zeon is the Collegia Titanica, Titans are the Dark Mechanicus.

Zeon had the original mobile suit, Federation MS design started with the "corruption" of Zakus.
>>
>>13822635
Here's a reply

Your post is ridiculous
>>
>>13822683
I'm not even sure most Warhammer "fans" even play tabletop Warhammer. Like anon >>13822633 said, players are on all sorts of milestone of their own. The PC games, accessible fluff and inspiring presence of the tabletop seems to hold half the fans. Most of the people I've met are buying models are buying to paint and flip them. The tabletop gameplay dogma is shit, their attempts to fix it are shit. Warhammer Fantasy gameplay has gone so far down in sales and quality they literally rebooted the whole field. 40K is probably going to hit a similar reboot switch if A: tabletop interest slides as it has or B: A PC based game brings along so many new fans they'll change course to sell more to them.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.