[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why tony stark is so useless to the cause of creating a mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: iqFAZgc.jpg (60KB, 517x604px) Image search: [Google]
iqFAZgc.jpg
60KB, 517x604px
Why tony stark is so useless to the cause of creating a mecha ?!

I mean, he can create a veritable fighting robot, not counting the many powerful combat exoskeletons, but under the idiotic pretexts stubbornly refuses to development models of mass production for the army ?!

Normal business does not work - what the hell ?!

By the way, and which has failed model furs are in "Marvel Universe"?
>>
>>13800334
and we at SuperFriendsX all laughing!
>>
>>13800334

> Iron-Man 2 is all about Tony refusing to create mass production power armors based off Iron-Man for the army because of fears of what they'll do with it and putting that technology in the wrong hands
> Why Tony no do smart business thing like I think he should?

Tony has no interest in making money because he's already richer than God and could fire off 20 inventions that'll make him more before breakfast if he really needed it. I've no idea what your last question even means because the English is so mangled in it.
>>
File: 1336594491263.jpg (404KB, 1579x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1336594491263.jpg
404KB, 1579x1600px
>>13800334

Rewatch both Iron man 1 and 2.

Both movies were literally about this.

IE no it is not good business, but after seeing how his company and the military seemed to leak HIS weapons to hostile areas and create so much death, he knew that they would misuse his armor tech as well.
>>
>>13800334
>but under the idiotic pretexts stubbornly refuses to development models of mass production for the army ?

You miss the part of his origin where he feels massively guilty about everyone who has killed by his normal/conventional weapons, and refuses to make weapons for ANYONE (okay he makes them for himself, but Tony, IS selfish)

Even in the middle of the cold war, where they may have needed them, Tony refused to make weapons for Shield or the military.
>>
File: 787074080444689736.jpg (181KB, 800x869px) Image search: [Google]
787074080444689736.jpg
181KB, 800x869px
>>13800400
>Tony has no interest in making money

However, the US military is very interested in its development - national security and other nonsense

>>13800400
>I've no idea what your last question

it's me on the "sentinels" from the comic / TV series "X-men" and other robotics

>>13800433
>Rewatch both Iron man 1 and 2.

and the second film are held formal hearings in the special board on the issue of "national security", or rather the threat to it because of Tony Stark conceal their technology

Military and intelligence agencies would do everything possible to get that, too, such technologies ...

And if Stark did not agree, the Trask easily agree to develop their combat model "sentinels" for the "democratic forces"
>>
>>
>>13800608
>Tony puts his lower leg into the upper thigh of the Hulkbuster
He would break his leg every time the Hulkbuster moved its leg forward
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 500x581px
>>13800600
>X-shit
>in MCU
>>
>>13800600
>And if Stark did not agree, the Trask easily agree to develop their combat model "sentinels" for the "democratic forces"

And if Stark had agreed he would be the one making those products. He doesn't really go out of his way to destroy weapons. He, however, at that point in the movies, didn't want to be responsible for creating those weapons. And that was what he did, remove himself from responsibility by not agreeing to the development. He didn't fly around destroying all weapons after hunting down his own products in the first movie.

IIRc they summoned him to the hearing because he had told them that armor tech was well out of league of the wider market and after the videos, he basically tells the officials there that they're all getting worked up over nothing because none of them could even match his Iron Man models. He would have remained correct if Iron Patriot hadn't happened.

Besides, you can't say he's useless in creating mecha, he made close to 50 different models of Iron Man armor. Shit, he made goddamned Turn X armor with the Mk. 42. You can't call someone useless just because they chose not to superarm an entire nation over the month, that's a decision in not throwing the world into turmoil. He already got stung by Obadiah selling his weapons without a care, now replace the Obadiah with US government officials who then decide to under-the-table an advanced armor set to a tertiary ally, who then loses it over enemy territory or a corrupt element betrays it to the enemy. Stark was trying to prevent the proliferation of his own tech; it may be a short-sighted move, but you can hardly blame the man. Some parts of the second movie showcased a few threads of his line of thought as "at least MY weapons aren't doing the killing", and that is entirely within his character at that time.
>>
Damn I am an ESL my self but op's english make my eyes hurt.

And this looks like one of those "I am 12 and I know more about this topic than the original creators" kind of thread
>>
File: 1722799_811391.png (25KB, 732x448px) Image search: [Google]
1722799_811391.png
25KB, 732x448px
>>13800720
>"at least MY weapons aren't doing the killing"

Yeah, if the bearded Muslim militants do not count as people

>>13800720
>didn't want to be responsible for creating those weapons.

Trask without problems make autonomous combat robots, and Anton Wako made on the basis of his armor is very effective combat drones

>>13800720
>You can't call someone useless just

Can because benefits for society and the country from such a person is a complete zero
>>
>>13800822
>quoting the same post three times to respond to three seperate sentences

that's a newfag if I ever see one
>>
>>13800668
Seems to work pretty well for Shirow's landmate thou.
>>
>>13800822

Trask doesn't exist in the MCU and I don't even know who Anton Wako is, but I doubt he has any direct connection to the MCU or Stark either for that matter. And while Tony may not provide mechs to the world he does provide other tech, some of it derived from his work on power armor and the arc reactor so he is actually providing a net benefit. Plus, you know, saving America and/or the world on a few occasions. Which is also a benefit, primarily derived from power armor at that.
>>
>>13800987
I think he means Vanko, the Crimson Dynamo.
>>
>>13800995

Maybe, but Vanko was one of the people who created the arc creator with Howard Stark and his son only really used his work to make a basic exoskeleton. He needed Hammer to make him a better one. No idea how drones play in to that. Iron-Man 2 is pretty forgetable though, so I could easily have forgotten something.
>>
>>13801041
The drones are there to please Hammer, mainly. They get wrecked pretty easily, so they're not that strong compared to Vanko's second suit, but they'd work okay as remote-guided soldiers.

That said, after Vanko died Hammer didn't have the plans to build more, so all they had left was War Machine, which was arguably made worse by all the extra weight and useless guns.

The Iron Patriot is actually a separate suit that Tony made and agreed to give to the US government on loan after Iron Man 2, which got them off his back.
>>
>>13800444
>Even in the middle of the cold war, where they may have needed them, Tony refused to make weapons for Shield or the military.

Let's face it, that wasn't out of morals. It was for the same reason the comics never had Superman just fly over and defeat the nazis, because they thought that giving an easy win undermined what the real troops fighting out there were doing. Consequently you can't just arm the US with a series of supersuits and end the cold war.

And DON'T say the Russians would just make an army of Crimson Dynamos. It's a shitty suit and you know it.
>>
>>13801159
If there was a series of supersuits, the tech would be easier to steal and reproduce.
And then everybody would have a supersuit.

And no one will be super
>>
>>13801180
>And no one will be super

See that's dumb, because it ignores that we're still capable of more than our biological limitations. Even if everyone is superhuman, it doesn't cause it to become the normal human. We're still fleshy meatbags inside the suit.
>>
>>13800668
>>Tony puts his lower leg into the upper thigh of the Hulkbuster
>He would break his leg every time the Hulkbuster moved its leg forward
Nope, because the thigh has limited range of movement due to its thickness. The Armour is not meant to be acrobatic.
>>
>>13801100
>The Iron Patriot is actually a separate suit that Tony made and agreed to give to the US government on loan after Iron Man 2, which got them off his back.
Also because Tony consider the Hammer Warmachine a massive embarrassment of bad tech and wanted his friend to have something better.
>>
>>13801234
>The Armour is not meant to be acrobatic.

It was pretty acrobatic fighting Hulk in the age of Ulton. PLUS the face you would need hydraulics and servos connecting the hip to the upper leg which would have to go right where Tony's Lower leg would have to go, so its complete bullshit, it would never work.
>>
>>13801253
Or it's all just controlled by computer and it's pointless for Tony to actually be inside it.
>>
>>13800668

Leg is naturally bent at "rest"

He has more than enough ROM for the purpose of the suit.
>>
>>13800987
>Trask doesn't exist in the MCU

In the movies, maybe it does not exist, but in comics and animated series they intersect ...

Another oddity in "Marvei Universe" - if the "sentinels" can be set up to fight with
mutants, why can not adjust from the destruction, for example, the enemy vehicles?

>>13801100
>but they'd work okay as remote-guided soldiers.

and here is the key point, the Pentagon and the CIA, even the soul sold the Devil just to get information and / or fragments of these drones, but nothing ...
>>
>mfw reading OP's English
>>
>>13801159
Superman couldn't defeat the Nazis because in the DC universe, Hitler had the Spear of Destiny, and because of that, the heroes couldn't set foot on Germany by any means.
In the Marvel Universe, the Human Torch (the android, not the Fantastic Four guy) killed Hitler, but even then it was a difficulty hunt, since Hitler had people like Arnim Zola, Von Strucker and the Red Skull on his side.

About Tony, sorry but his story is a complete mess. He didn't really care about selling his inventions to the military until mid-90s, and there was also that huge retcon where the original Tony was evil, and the Tony we now know was a kid from another timeline/future that was rapidly aged. Yeah, I'm not making any of that up.
>>
>>13803616

It's also kinda important to remember that Tony Stark is a really mixed up hero. He's really not used to problems you can't fix with more arc reactors and suits... Which makes him extremely uncomfortable trying to solve problems best handled with LESS reactors and suits

Even in self consistent timelines he fucks up, the entire modern half of the Winter Soldier's plot came from "Tony Stark never wants to see another turbine driven helicarrier again. Also, we have this idea for a threat suppression program..."

Let's just admit that Tony Stark, like most geniuses, has tunnel vision.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
>>13800334
>By the way, and which has failed model furs are in "Marvel Universe"?
The space rats, obviously
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.